• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Whenever I accidentally let him run around like that I have to stop momentarily to make him get his hands out of his pockets, because it really bothers me for some reason.

8dhs.jpg

everyone in this pic is a poop

Persona 4's atmosphere is just as effective, it's just not dark.

They nail precisely what they were going for, and I think that is a huge reason it's so popular.

I'm not saying Persona 4 didn't have a great atmosphere because it did and I liked it, but for me compared to Persona 3 it wasn't as effective.
So yeah I get what your saying.

I don't have a problem with the themes, but the execution of the themes was terrible in my opinion.

It started going downhill for me when Ryoji was introduced and all of a sudden, your blank-slate protagonist has a larger-than-life backstory.

I could not agree more. For games that are so similar to one another, something had to go wrong for me to not appreciate Persona 3 nearly as much as Persona 4. That spoilered comment that I had was when the flaws started to show.

I could see that but understand that
Ryoji is death itself which correlates to the theme of Persona 3 and makes even more sense when you see Agis attachment to Makoto, which connects to his backstory.

wmlk

I could see that but understand that
Ryoji is death itself which correlates to the theme of Persona 3 and makes even more sense when you see Agis attachment to Makoto, which connects to his backstory.

Oh yeah, I mean a character of Ryoji's stature is just fine. Having to kill him or not to decide the future is pretty huge given the circumstances. The problem is that it connects you, Aigis, and Ryoji. It became jarring when the protagonist already had an insane supernatural backstory instead of you, the player, discovering it. It defeated the purpose of a blank-slate protagonist. Not to mention I didn't like Aigis hovering over me because of this sudden backstory. I felt totally out of control as the player.

That's what I mean by the execution being flawed. I have no problem with memento mori and to me it's as relatable as Persona 4's themes, but it could have gone about it better in my opinion.

Yea, Yosuke canonically listens to Linkin Park and Nickleback

Brosuke. Minutes to Midnight is underrated.

Oh yeah, I mean a character of Ryoji's stature is just fine. Having to kill him or not to decide the future is pretty huge given the circumstances. The problem is that it connects you, Aigis, and Ryoji. It became jarring when the protagonist already had an insane supernatural backstory instead of you, the player, discovering it. It defeated the purpose of a blank-slate protagonist. Not to mention I didn't like Aigis hovering over me because of this sudden backstory. I felt totally out of control as the player.

That's what I mean by the execution being flawed. I have no problem with memento mori and to me it's as relatable as Persona 4's themes, but it could have gone about it better in my opinion.

Brosuke. Minutes to Midnight is underrated.

I understand, I can see where your coming from

PK Gaming

Yeah that whole
parents being killed
thing is bullshit. CHEER UP MAKOTO.

LOL

Don't let iwakura's hilariously defensive post prevent you from taking Tatsuya seriously. He has a reason for acting super angsty, but it won't be apparent for a while.

CorvoSol

You know something funny Tatsuya and Makoto have had a shitty live compared to Yu who's way happier than freakin hello kitty

It's hard to argue this point. I mean, Yu didn't have a voice inside his pants constantly reminding him he couldn't fuck anyone, so it's pretty clear he wouldn't be as miserable.

^I don't like it, but it really does give him extra character so its all good.

Yea, Yosuke canonically listens to Linkin Park and Nickleback
\

I'm still trying to figure out how Yosuke had a book in his room that taught Teddie the word "glomp."

Meia

Girls who want Yu: A hot nurse and an idol.

Girls who want Makoto: A robot and an emotionally damaged 16-year-old.

Pretty clear who wins here.

Emotionally damaged 16-year-old with DADDY ISSUES.

Don't leave out that all important part.

Drawing the next shadow and I love how pretty much every time I draw one of these I can safely say "Yep, that's a new one, never drawn that before." And occasionally "oh my god what am i drawing."

I thought Yuko did have guy issues? She got body image issues anyway.

Well, the most normal anyway lol. Those are more one-off things though and not the focus of her S. link.

edit: ^ is her link any better than drama girl? When I play P4G I don't really want to experience that crap again.

Everyone's got issues. Otherwise the S.Links would be boring.

EDIT: I always felt kind of guilty for not finishing Yumi's S.Link because
her dad never died. Poor guy will be living like that forever.

pariah164

Well, the most normal anyway lol. Those are more one-off things though and not the focus of her S. link.

edit: ^ is her link any better than drama girl? When I play P4G I don't really want to experience that crap again.
Uuugh, not really, imo. I'll take daddy issues over 'oh god I feel like a pedo just talking to this girl' any day. Ayane creeps me out man.

I actually really like Yumi, daddy-issues and all. It's one of those social links that make you feel like a turd bakery when you don't romance them though.

koutoru

Girls who want Yu: A hot nurse and an idol.

Girls who want Makoto: A robot and an emotionally damaged 16-year-old.

Pretty clear who wins here.

Yosuke: falls in love with a girl who hates him (he finds out after she dies)

Junpei:
falls in love with a girl that also dies, however that's because she sacrificed her life for him
Pretty clear who wins here

CorvoSol

Everyone's got issues. Otherwise the S.Links would be boring.

EDIT: I always felt kind of guilty for not finishing Yumi's S.Link because
her dad never died. Poor guy will be living like that forever.

Fat kid in P3 has no issues. He's just vile and repulsive and piggish, but he's personally fine with it, so no issues.

Meia

Watch the damn spoilers please folks. We have people playing these games for the first time in here.............

Top Bottom