• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

JORJDWD.png

I can't stop laughing.

pariah164

Finally found my P4 Golden cart again. Not sure where I left off. Reeeeeally don't want to start a new game with no stats maxed... Hm. :T

PK Gaming

Re: Last page

So that happened

Man you need to check for edits better. I edited my post so fast in response to yours the edit message didn't even come up.

On that note, if we're going on interpretations, Dai linked me the script and there is this little gem burred in in the final day scene:

After we started being friends, I began to want something more than
a casual friendship...
I wanted you to come to understand me...

Also, wow, re-reading the finale of the social link reminds me how good the new social links in Persona 3 Portable are.

To anyone new to our lovely community, this is what happens when me and Dantis go at it on story details. :p
(Screen fades to black)

You spent a long while with Saori

You had one job game :mad:

cjkeats

While the manga is different from Soejima's style, it's LEAGUES better than the anime. It's different, but has a really pleasing aesthetic.

Fun fact, P4 The Animation and Danganronpa the Animation both had the same character designer, so that's why they both look awkward as fuck.

P4 The Animation, Danganronpa the Animation, and Devil Survivor 2 the Animation all shared the same director, hence why they all sucked.

Fun fact, P4 The Animation and Danganronpa the Animation both had the same character designer, so that's why they both look awkward as fuck.

P4 The Animation, Danganronpa the Animation, and Devil Survivor 2 the Animation all shared the same director, hence why they all sucked.

Why does he keep getting work?

Acid08

Banned
Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Beat the first boss, thought it was totally fucking awesome that you fought Hanya. Wish there was any acknowledgement from him that Yukino was there though. The dialogue is great so far, everyone has a clear personality that shines through. Lisa's nickname is Ginko now, anyone know what that's supposed to mean? I am baka gaijin and do not understand. I assume it has something to do with her being white?

Combat is really slow and a bit annoying. Little things like the combat menu resetting after every turn. I guess I can use the auto setting to kind of alleviate this but man it just feels kinda careless. And the way the enemies stay where they were after attacking is just sloppy as fuck. I got into a situation yesterday where there were two demons in the middle of my party and half of my dudes had their backs turned to them.

And now Acid's 100% Accurate Prediction Time: Joker is Shadow Tatsuya.

kewlmyc

Why does he keep getting work?

Because he did the well-loved Angel Beats, which also felt rushed even though it was an original work (heard it was supposed to be 26 eps, not 13). At least it's getting an official VN series by KEY.

Plus all 3 of those were made solely to promote the upcoming games for each series. P4G, Danganronpa Reload 1*2, and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record (lol).

cjkeats

Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Lisa's nickname is Ginko now, anyone know what that's supposed to mean? I am baka gaijin and do not understand. I assume it has something to do with her being white?

Gin means silver in Japanese, and ko is a common Japanese first name suffix for females

In other words, Eikichi is bad at insulting nicknames.

cj_iwakura

Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Beat the first boss, thought it was totally fucking awesome that you fought Hanya. Wish there was any acknowledgement from him that Yukino was there though. The dialogue is great so far, everyone has a clear personality that shines through. Lisa's nickname is Ginko now, anyone know what that's supposed to mean? I am baka gaijin and do not understand. I assume it has something to do with her being white?

Combat is really slow and a bit annoying. Little things like the combat menu resetting after every turn. I guess I can use the auto setting to kind of alleviate this but man it just feels kinda careless. And the way the enemies stay where they were after attacking is just sloppy as fuck. I got into a situation yesterday where there were two demons in the middle of my party and half of my dudes had their backs turned to them.

And now Acid's 100% Accurate Prediction Time: Joker is Shadow Tatsuya.

Heheheh.

So did you say he was a hero, or a coward?

Also, it's hard to localize how hard Lisa has it. She's Caucasian and doesn't speak a word of English.

Dantis

Is it consistent and on-model? Because that's what really matters.

Pretty much. His colour images look a little weird though. Very different style of colouring from Soejima

Kanji was offender number 1 in the anime. Even when the others were "on-model" Kanji looked bad.

Kanji is really fucking hard to draw, is probably why.

There's not much Rio either.

OH CJ beat me to that one...
fucker
someone has a crush on Saori

Rio has a great design, but I barely remember her S Link.

CorvoSol

Pretty much. His colour images look a little weird though. Very different style of colouring from Soejima

Kanji is really fucking hard to draw, is probably why.

I mean I can't possibly hope to comment on drawing difficulty, but I feel like people being paid money to draw Kanji could've at least taken the time to figure out how his hair works and realize he has eyebrows.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If I remember right...

Basically it starts off with her pushing the other girls too hard with whatever sport you choose, the other girls tell her off.

Then she confesses she likes Kenji for whatever reason and he's oblivious to it because he's a fucking idiot.

cjkeats

If I remember right...

Basically it starts off with her pushing the other girls too hard with whatever sport you choose, the other girls tell her off.

Then she confesses she likes Kenji for whatever reason and he's oblivious to it because he's a fucking idiot.

Her S. Link is my only experience with Kenji, as I've never played the male route. But even I know he's a tool just from that.

Dantis

Her S. Link is my only experience with Kenji, as I've never played the male route. But even I know he's a tool just from that.

Whaaaaaat.

I can't believe you've never played the male route.

If I remember right...

Yeah. It didn't leave a lasting impression with me outside of the P4 cameo.

PK Gaming

Re: Kenji and Rio

He's oblivious to her crush because he isn't a teenage boy. He's some sort freaky alien.

I defy anyone who thinks that Kenji's character is remotely relatable. They completely dropped the ball with him in vanilla, and made him even worse in P3P. I don't even hate him because he's a tool or whatever (I mean he is, but that's besides the point) but because they were clearly going for "guy friend you knew in school" and totally missed by a mile. It's jarring seeing him fantasize over Yukari and Mitsuru (like a teenage boy), and then completely ignore Rio (like an anime character). I legitimately enjoyed his S.link before it went to complete shit.

Most disappointing character ever

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Kenji's link is him chasing after one of his teachers because he likes "older chicks"

He gets all excited because she has to tutor him (More than likely because he's stupid) and thinks she feels the same way about him.

(Although, having a crush on a teacher is nothing new, I mean it happens. But he takes it to an extreme level)

cjkeats

Whaaaaaat.

I can't believe you've never played the male route.

I've just never gotten around to it. When I first played P3 and P4, I played P3P and P4 back to back, when I finished P4 I went to play original P3(FES wasn't on PSN at the time and I only had that copy I bought years ago but never played) but it was too recent in my mind. I might give FES a whirl soon. I went and got a 100% save to make it easy with the compendium and S.Links. All I really want to see are the S. Links and The Answer.
Kenji's link is him chasing after one of his teachers because he likes "older chicks"

He gets all excited because she has to tutor him (More than likely because he's stupid) and thinks she feels the same way about him.

(Although, having a crush on a teacher is nothing new, I mean it happens. But he takes it to an extreme level)

Sounds like a typical milf hunting teenager.

Gazoinks

I have to admit, I laughed when Junpei asks Kenji if he's the one passing around photos of FeMC and Kenji's defense is "Nah man, I only like older women!". Just a no is fine dude. Really.

Setsu00

I mean I can't possibly hope to comment on drawing difficulty, but I feel like people being paid money to draw Kanji could've at least taken the time to figure out how his hair works and realize he has eyebrows.

Soejima mentions in the P4 Design Works that drawing Kanji's hair off model is actually the key to getting him right... I guess the animation team overdid that, though ;).

On a personal note, I believe that drawing Kanji is really hard.

Dantis, where did you learn how to color manga/anime inked drawings?

Im not that bad when it comes to art. however, coloring via photoshop is a bit of a mission.

Any useful guides or tutorials.

Thanks man.

Gazoinks

Wow, the Hollow Forest boss was ridiculously easy! :p Also, apparently there are two minibosses in that dungeon that I completely missed? Weird. Anyway, on to endgame!

wmlk

I hope at least some of you kept up with Twitch Plays Pokémon. That was one of the most incredible things I have ever been a part of.

Dantis

Dantis, where did you learn how to color manga/anime inked drawings?

Im not that bad when it comes to art. however, coloring via photoshop is a bit of a mission.

Any useful guides or tutorials.

Thanks man.

There's not that much to my colouring to be honest, so I'm not sure how much I could help you. What are you having trouble with?

CorvoSol

Here's how that particular link goes down:
Rio is in a trance state where she is channeling the collective mind of the entire Brazilian state for which she is named, possibly writhing a subliminal samba, when she gets pegged in the face with a V-Ball. Errybody on the team is like "Girl, confess to Kenji so you can just move on." Yuko and Clara are like "No for reals it's really bad to even like Kenji but get this over with."

Rio goes to confess, the entire V-Ball team hides in the bushes to watch. Rio is like "HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ME KENJI?" And Kenji, eternal idiot that he is, goes, "Uh, about as much as a bowl of Ramen?"

Yuko, rightly pissed off by the world's lamest comparison, jumps out of the bushes like "OH COME ON!!" Clara follows, and then the whole V-Ball team tries to lynch Kenji. Because Kenji is the physical embodiment of all the negative aspects of brodom, he escapes.

Her sanity compromised, Rio tries to convince herself that Kenji meant to say that he likes her a lot, because he really likes Ramen, and that this is okay with her. It's a load of bullshit, though, and Clara is now planning to steal Makoto's cell so she can get Kenji's digits so she can RUIN HIS LIFE. Just like that biotch who slapped Saori.

The moral of the story is don't you fucking touch Clara's lady bros or she will wreck your face.

I have to admit, I laughed when Junpei asks Kenji if he's the one passing around photos of FeMC and Kenji's defense is "Nah man, I only like older women!". Just a no is fine dude. Really.

The best part of that was Junpei's reaction. He was like "Yeah, ooookay. Suuuuure. Whatever. Sorry I asked."

BUT IT WON'T SURPRISE ME IF KENJI IS BEHIND THIS.

Soejima mentions in the P4 Design Works that drawing Kanji's hair off model is actually the key to getting him right... I guess the animation team overdid that, though ;).

On a personal note, I believe that drawing Kanji is really hard.

I'm sure it is, but man, he has eyebrows.

Wow, the Hollow Forest boss was ridiculously easy! :p Also, apparently there are two minibosses in that dungeon that I completely missed? Weird. Anyway, on to endgame!

I know, right? I was like "Guys why did everyone tell me to get ready for this fight it's so easy? Izanagod wrecks this crap." I really liked the lead into that fight and the music, though. If I liked Marie as a character it would've been a really great scene.

I like that dungeon, though. The music and the challenge are nifty, even if Victory Cry + Rise break the dungeon into bits.

I hope at least some of you kept up with Twitch Plays Pokémon. That was one of the most incredible things I have ever been a part of.

I did! It was neat, but I wish we coulda had a fire type.

Top Bottom