• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

Guys I found this video about whether the SEES members can sing or not.

FeMC's voice is wonderful. Now I am sad that she's most like won't be in PQ :(

And LOL at the Koromaru one.

I am utterly disappointed at the quality of this video, especially considering how it hurts Spica and the wonderful singing of Maaya Sakamoto. :<

They picked one of Rie Tanaka's best songs. :D

PK Gaming

tumblr_mean4oojIP1qh9y1co1_1280.jpg

I have a simple rule when it comes to things that I don't want spoiled--don't Google them period.

I went in blind with Persona 4 and absolutely loved how in the dark I was about everything. The only major spoiler I knew before hand was Naoto's and I think that was just through sheer pop-cultural osmosis. I even avoided watching the second opening video to Persona 4 (not the anime one but the one that just has random stuff from the game) until I had beaten it because I caught just the beginning, saw it showed Naoto in battle and realized it was going to show me a bunch of stuff that I didn't want to see. Which, uh, good thing I didn't, because it pretty plainly shows
Shadow Teddie
(among other lesser things), which was something that caught me completely off guard in the game proper.

How much I care about spoilers really depends on the game/movie/whatever. I don't care at all for some things but I can be pretty adamant about avoiding them in others.

I almost feel like I don't want to watch any trailer for Persona 5 at all. I think I might try that. Though that means I'll probably just avoid this thread entirely once the P5 train starts rolling.

Yeah, blackouts have become mandatory for narratives and mechanics worth that cuz there's too much disclosure now. The bigger the game, the harder it gets; P5 will probably be murder for me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think I'm gonna try to go total blackout town on P5, except for the characters so I can know in advance who to waifu. :3

Soriku

I think I'm gonna try to go total blackout town on P5, except for the characters so I can know in advance who to waifu. :3

The answer is all of them, unless they drastically changed how relationships work. Though I guess you can only pick one girl on certain events...

For me I'm not as worried about PersonaGAF spoiling things than I am about Youtube or GameFAQs. I think I'll be mostly able to avoid GameFAQs (though I'd still like to know if there are any missables, things to watch out for like triggers for a true ending, etc. so I'll likely be spoiled to an extent), but with Youtube, you never know :x I kinda hope people upload OST tracks on a different site in addition to Youtube, or maybe I'll be able to give some tracks a listen before all the spoilerific videos (with spoilerific titles) are uploaded.

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to play the game soon after release, as by the time it releases I'll be living at the main campus of my school, and I doubt I'll bring my PS3. Though my school year ends in early May, so if the game releases in like February-April, I don't think my wait will be too long. And then I'll have summer vacation to play it.

Omikaru

I will probably gorge on as much Persona 5-related official media as I can get my grubby mitts on. Every trailer, watched time and time again, especially if it has a catchy song, which it inevitably will knowing Meguro.

I stop at leaked stuff and post-release spoilers, though. I'll avoid that shit like the plague.

Meia

It's tricky. When I go on media lockout for a game, I usually mean it(won't even watch trailers, and don't watch tv so have no access to commercials anyway.

I'm mainly interested in changes to game systems from previous games, and that's probably about it. Knew literally nothing about 3 when I first popped it in, ditto for 4, knew absolutely nothing about SMT4 when that came out, so I *should* be fine doing it that way. Then again, who knows, the internet can be a scary place. Watched the DR abridged episodes in youtube(which were hilarious) after beating DR, and now my recommended list is FULL of DR2 vids. :p

koutoru

I will probably gorge on as much Persona 5-related official media as I can get my grubby mitts on. Every trailer, watched time and time again, especially if it has a catchy song, which it inevitably will knowing Meguro.

I stop at leaked stuff and post-release spoilers, though. I'll avoid that shit like the plague.
I'll go on a media blackout for Tales of Zestiria, but for P5? No way.
I need every single bit of information about this game I can get.

Acid08

Banned
Music is something I neeeeeeed to blackout on. Don't want to burn myself out on any songs. Especially considering how often the music in Persona is repeated :p

Shadow Hanako:
XlbThDV.png

That was probably the biggest step down in character importance I could have done, going from Dojima to friggen Hanako of all people. Oh well, there aren’t very many characters left!

Anyway, I wasn’t originally going to do Hanako because I wasn’t convinced there was anything to the character, but Meia gave me the idea of the funhouse mirror after a conversation here about Hanako—to represent a distorted view of oneself.

And then the creepy clown fly thing on the top was all me and basically the end product of me trying to make a funhouse mirror monster interesting. Are funhouse mirrors even a thing in Japan? I don’t know.

pariah164

Shadow Hanako:
XlbThDV.png

That was probably the biggest step down in character importance I could have done, going from Dojima to friggen Hanako of all people. Oh well, there aren’t very many characters left!

Anyway, I wasn’t originally going to do Hanako because I wasn’t convinced there was anything to the character, but Meia gave me the idea of the funhouse mirror after a conversation here about Hanako—to represent a distorted view of oneself.

And then the creepy clown fly thing on the top was all me and basically the end product of me trying to make a funhouse mirror monster interesting. Are funhouse mirrors even a thing in Japan? I don’t know.
Legit creepy and amazing as always. Who is left?

Soriku

Music is something I neeeeeeed to blackout on. Don't want to burn myself out on any songs. Especially considering how often the music in Persona is repeated :p

I'm gonna try to avoid most of the songs so I can be surprised.

Also, good touch with the funhouse mirror thing. Though honestly, I'm not sure if she cares that she's fat :p

CorvoSol

Let us all take this month to remember Orange Bird Duck Shirt, who truly made the greatest of fashion statements in world history.

That Yosuke post is worse than posting unmarked spoilers imo

mwv9LO3.gif

Here have a toaster:

4JqwBsZ.png

tumblr_m8t054NrNZ1qh5kc2o1_500.png

labrys-double-bw.jpg

labrys_by_observerz-d6n6wrd.jpg

labrys_by_rabbitsontherun-d5bu7hq.png

sCWBQz7.jpg

9RrTMCz.png

vmjVSUp.jpg

There will never be a Labrys month, but I felt like reppin' my main in P4A, so RIP IN PEACE!

Of course, the classic:

ZXr1SON.png

I am hoping P4A2 is stronger in that department . I really like Labrys though, and I used to be one of those people who gave a bunch of shit about her design pre game release.

Top Bottom