• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

Also, seems that they'll start shipping in early April for those who pre-order it. 3,000 yen sounds decent, but it most likely won't ship to anywhere outside of Japan. If it does, shipping's probably insane.

CorvoSol

I just wanted to wake you up in the middle of the night before the big test to remind you
YOUR PARENTS ARE DEAD.

Rank Up!!!!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The mythical 13th month, Pointlesstober, can be hers.

yNUh3O1.jpg

CorvoSol

FINE Yukari isn't such a conniving bitch anymore. But for the record, Junpei angsted at me like, half the time she did. Cuz Junpei is a cool guy.

Oh and I met met Ken.

Acid08

Banned
P2 IS

Finished up the Zodiac club part, Eikichi is fucking awesome. I thought the stuff between him and his old sweetheart was kinda heartbreaking. She was so embarrassed and he was so worried about her :(

But really these high schoolers are fucking crazy. The amount those dudes beat Eikichi is insaaaaaaaaane. And then that shitlord fucking cuts him up with a damn knife?????? These kids need to chill out.

I really like all of the characters so far actually and I'm loving the ties to P1. Think it's a pretty big mistake to not pay that game before this one. Maya is still fairly one dimensional but hey I'm pretty confident that she'll get a lot more development as the game goes on :p

Gazoinks

P2 IS

Finished up the Zodiac club part, Eikichi is fucking awesome. I thought the stuff between him and his old sweetheart was kinda heartbreaking. She was so embarrassed and he was so worried about her :(

But really these high schoolers are fucking crazy. The amount those dudes beat Eikichi is insaaaaaaaaane. And then that shitlord fucking cuts him up with a damn knife?????? These kids need to chill out.

I really like all of the characters so far actually and I'm loving the ties to P1. Think it's a pretty big mistake to not pay that game before this one. Maya is still fairly one dimensional but hey I'm pretty confident that she'll get a lot more development as the game goes on :p

Eikichi is one of my favorite characters in the series. Glad you are seeing the light. :p

So! Just finished up Persona 4 Golden! It was pretty awesome! :D

Some minor issues with it, it kind of unbalances the game (although P4 was already pretty easy so it's not a huge loss honestly), and Marie (which I'll get to in a second), but overall I liked almost all of the additions and it's definitely the definitive version of the game.

So Marie. Potentially good character, awkwardly handled. Her S.Link was poorly handled with the "Oh look it's the entire party what a coincidence" and her tsundere and fasttalking. Which is a shame, because I actually liked her non-S.Link story content. Aesthetically her dungeon was awesome, and I felt she had some solid character stuff there. Also her poems were annoying, not so much for the poems themselves but for getting in the way when I wanted to fuse.

Why the hell are the epilogue outfits not playable.

So yeah it was pretty great. Now to go back to P1P and P3P. :D

hao chi

So Marie. Potentially good character, awkwardly handled. Her S.Link was poorly handled with the "Oh look it's the entire party what a coincidence" and her tsundere and fasttalking. Which is a shame, because I actually liked her non-S.Link story content. Aesthetically her dungeon was awesome, and I felt she had some solid character stuff there. Also her poems were annoying, not so much for the poems themselves but for getting in the way when I wanted to fuse.

This bugs me so much. If they felt like having the rest of the party members hang out with Yu and Marie was necessary, it would have been nice if they at least put a bit of effort into making it seem natural, rather than everyone just showing up one after another.

I'm convinced that all of the female party members were just stalking him and saw Marie as a threat (not that I've finished her S. Link yet or anything).

At the very least Marie is responsible for one of the funniest moments in the game.

Gazoinks

This bugs me so much. If they felt like having the rest of the party members hang out with Yu and Marie was necessary, it would have been nice if they at least put a bit of effort into making it seem natural, rather than everyone just showing up one after another.

I'm convinced that all of the female party members were just stalking him and saw Marie as a threat (not that I've finished her S. Link yet or anything).

At the very least Marie is responsible for one of the funniest moments in the game.

Yeah. Heck, they should've just had Marge tell Yu that she wanted the entire party to make friends with her and show her around. Problem solved.

Acid08

Banned
I'm curious for you people in the know: what kind of visual downgrades are going to be present in EP after I finish IS? Was anything about the environments out sprites redone? I know the in game portraits were touched up by Soejima for the remakes but is it really anything significant?

I'm curious for you people in the know: what kind of visual downgrades are going to be present in EP after I finish IS? Was anything about the environments out sprites redone? I know the in game portraits were touched up by Soejima for the remakes but is it really anything significant?

Actually Soejima drew the originals too:

The game looks almost exactly the same, its the menus that they changed:

p2ep4.bmp

554828-persona2ep_5.png

gfs_28132_2_40.jpg

14-Persona2-22-23.jpg

ajim

never ever

The mythical 13th month, Pointlesstober, can be hers.

You guys... stupidjerksgoawayleavemealone!

October it is then - I'll be back in October with a lot of Marie love! It'll be here soon enough!

Yeah, some of the scenes seemed rushed and forced during her S.Link, but I felt most were pretty good, especially when the rest of the team left and it let Marie open up to Yu a lot more, you could really feel her pain and her gentle side. Couple that with her normal story elements and we're onto a winner. Plus, shes the most attractive female to grace a Persona game (this is fact. I won't have it any other way!).

Dantis

Why does it look like she's wearing clothes

Tight clothes

Hmm? Aigis' outer layer is made of fabric. Had you not noticed?

Yeah, some of the scenes seemed rushed and forced during her S.Link, but I felt most were pretty good, especially when the rest of the team left and it let Marie open up to Yu a lot more, you could really feel her pain and her gentle side. Couple that with her normal story elements and we're onto a winner. Plus, shes the most attractive female to grace a Persona game (this is fact. I won't have it any other way!).

Lol...

Nope.

Necrovex

Is there a Persona 2 IS/EP manga? It seems like a Persona manga exists for every game. I don't want to play through EP, but I wouldn't mind reading it.

You guys... stupidjerksgoawayleavemealone!

October it is then - I'll be back in October with a lot of Marie love! It'll be here soon enough!

There you are wrong she's not even the clostest to being the most attractive, no offense

Taruranto

p4g_screens_adayinthelife_withmarie_thumb.jpg

Tsun tsun tsun.....10/10 character. Would Social Link again.

That's some great writing there.

Is there a Persona 2 IS/EP manga? It seems like a Persona manga exists for every game. I don't want to play through EP, but I wouldn't mind reading it.

As far I know, there is one but it's a spin-off that happens between IS and EP, involving Katsuya and two characters similar to Tatsuya and Jun. Also untranslated.

Swedesu

Yeah, her poetry is awful but she still looks like 1985 rejected her for being too Alternative.
Her design sticks out like a sore thumb because everyone else is so well dressed.

Put her in any other game and she would sail by without anyone noticing. Except for that hat maybe, and the armsocks....

Top Bottom