• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Tamanon

Banned
I think Marie only looks out of place in Inaba. I think she'd look more "normal" in a bigger town. That of course also makes it clash with her whole "what's this world?" attitude. But that could also explain why she's so emotional too.

I didn't care for the half assed Velvet Room attire. It looked so weird on her I was thinking just give her an entirely new outfit to match Margret's.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wasn't it mentioned that her outfit was all they had left in the Velvet Room after they found her, or something along those lines?

Sophia

Wasn't it mentioned that her outfit was all they had left in the Velvet Room after they found her, or something along those lines?

She has the outfit at the start of the game (sans hat and bag) before she ends up in the Velvet Room, so I don't think so.

Wait a minute, I meant the hat and bag that clashes with her overall outfit.
I remember seeing her for the first time thinking well she sticks out like a sore thumb.

Allow me to convince you.

WlgOw.jpg

Even SpeedwagonIgor is Afraid

PK Gaming

P2 IS

Finished up the Zodiac club part, Eikichi is fucking awesome. I thought the stuff between him and his old sweetheart was kinda heartbreaking. She was so embarrassed and he was so worried about her :(

But really these high schoolers are fucking crazy. The amount those dudes beat Eikichi is insaaaaaaaaane. And then that shitlord fucking cuts him up with a damn knife?????? These kids need to chill out.

I really like all of the characters so far actually and I'm loving the ties to P1. Think it's a pretty big mistake to not pay that game before this one. Maya is still fairly one dimensional but hey I'm pretty confident that she'll get a lot more development as the game goes on :p

So how are you enjoying IS so far? It looks like you're enjoying the narrative.

PS: Please tell me you
let Eikichi fight the boss on his own!

Necrovex

The only poem I even vaguely remember was the one about the clowns.

I know that feel, especially with my niche tastes in Manga.

Patiently waiting for the rest of the P1 manga to be translated :|

You mean I may have to resort to...*gulp*...fan translation?!

Edit: Persona 5's cast should compose of famous philosophers from different fields. Sarte and Plato on a team together, imagine the greatness!

Sophia

Positive thinking is overrated. Lets all be logical!

I like her design.

Garbage character though, my goodness. Combine Marie's design and Labrys' character and you actually have an alright character (Albeit still in a shit scenario in either case).

No, just no. They're total opposites in personality and Marie's design wouldn't work for Labrys's personality.

You mean I may have to resort to...*gulp*...fan translation?!

Edit: Persona 5's cast should compose of famous philosophers from different fields. Sarte and Plato on a team together, imagine the greatness!

Camus and Aurelius or GTFO.

Bentham would be the navigator because he's too busy fulfilling his desires to fight. Plus he could analyze enemies using his Hedonistic Calculus!

I think I get what Hashino was saying in December's Dengeki.

For those who don't know what he said, he said that there is a "hint" in the chairs and chains.

I seem to have figured it out.

At 0:31 of this trailer it says "You are a slave. Want emancipation?" The four chairs are chained, but the fifth one is not. Then a sound plays, and the screen flashes, to show a chain on the fifth chair. That, in my opinion, is saying that the viewer/player of the trailer is the slave, and you will get emancipation once the game is released and you can play it. It makes a lot more sense if you read Hashino's interview in Persona Magazine Re:Birth.

kewlmyc

Positive thinking is overrated. Lets all be logical!

No, just no. They're total opposites in personality and Marie's design wouldn't work for Labrys's personality.

He hates Marie's personality but likes her design. He likes Labrys's personality, but hate her design. He's saying put Marie's design with Labrys's personality and maybe he'd actually like it. I think that was the purpose of his "joke".

Sophia

He hates Marie's personality but likes her design. He likes Labrys's personality, but hate her design. He's saying put Marie's design with Labrys's personality and maybe he'd actually like it. I think that was the purpose of his "joke".

I know he's joking, but Labrys and Marie have totally different personalities so his joke was bad. :(

Marie is an indecisive and rude individual with a weary heart, and her outfit sadly reflects her awful personality. Where as Labrys is a straight-to-the-point, no-nonsense, strong willed individual, so Marie's outfit wouldn't work for her at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't really get Marie hate. There are lots of worse S. Links in both 3 and 4, e.g. Ebihara's. I never got the impression her poetry was supposed to be good - I mean, Margaret was leaving them out because they were shitty and wanted to embarrass Marie by showing them to Narukami, right?

PK Gaming

I don't really get Marie hate. There are lots of worse S. Links in both 3 and 4, e.g. Ebihara's. I never got the impression her poetry was supposed to be good - I mean, Margaret was leaving them out because they were shitty and wanted to embarrass Marie by showing them to Narukami, right?

Dude, I like you but no

No

HELL No

You did not just say Ai's social link is worse than Marie's.

Sophia

I don't even like Ai or her social link yet I wouldn't put it as low as Marie's....

kewlmyc

1. Ai's social link isn't bad.
2. Marie actually changes the plot of the game somewhat and is forced into story scenes where she honestly doesn't really belong. Same can't be said for shitty s.links like Nozomi and Kenji.

p4 spoilers:
Marie's presence completely changes Izanami from a surprise final encounter to an inevitable enemy and adds the whole Sagiri business, making the whole thing seem like Izanami manipulated everything, where as she was completely hands off in P4.

koutoru

At 0:31 of this trailer it says "You are a slave. Want emancipation?" The four chairs are chained, but the fifth one is not. Then a sound plays, and the screen flashes, to show a chain on the fifth chair. That, in my opinion, is saying that the viewer/player of the trailer is the slave, and you will get emancipation once the game is released and you can play it. It makes a lot more sense if you read Hashino's interview in Persona Magazine Re:Birth.
It seems to be the main theme for P5. Liberation - or freedom - from the discontent of daily life.

At least, Hashino sure made it seem that way in the interview
Persona 5, in that sense, is a game about freedom, the kind that those sorts of people haven’t had living in the real world.”
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/05/persona-5-aimed-people-discontent-lives/

Guess Who

Banned
p4 spoilers:
Marie's presence completely changes Izanami from a surprise final encounter to an inevitable enemy and adds the whole Sagiri business, making the whole thing seem like Izanami manipulated everything, where as she was completely hands off in P4.

Yeah, I was not happy with changes to the late/end-game in P4G. I actually really liked the way a player could absolutely just miss the true ending in the original game.

CorvoSol

p4 spoilers:

Sure, but Marie's social link is still not well done.
I think it suffers in part from being added into the game and in part from the fact that unlike the other SLinks in the game, you don't learn anything about Marie until after her SLink is over. On the whole I think Marie could've been much better if they'd gone an extra mile on making her less obviously forced into the game.

Sophia

Sure, but Marie's social link is still not well done.
I think it suffers in part from being added into the game and in part from the fact that unlike the other SLinks in the game, you don't learn anything about Marie until after her SLink is over. On the whole I think Marie could've been much better if they'd gone an extra mile on making her less obviously forced into the game.

Marie's social link sucks
but what you learn about her afterwords is pretty good at least.

It honestly probably shouldn't have been a social link. Rather, perhaps best integrate her into the story directly. Maybe even as a party member.

Okay, I really have to ask as I feel I need to understand it more before I move on to my next Shadow--what the heck was
Kunino-Sagiri
?

Top Bottom