• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

On the contrary, I think it's a good possibility. Maybe not exactly like Catherine's models, since it's a different engine, but Hashino's already remarked that he wants characters to be a little more life like with the new engine.

I don't mean the in-game assets, I mean the actual factual Soejima art. Smaller heads, broader shoulders, curvier bodies (On the ladies) and things like that.

It's possible that that's just how Soejima differentiates between a teenage character and an adult, I suppose, though Catherine is only a couple of years older than Mitsuru in Arena.

What's with all the hate towards Marie? I haven't played golden yet, so I cant personally say. But from my experience with Persona 4 on the PS2, I found all the characters to be very likable.

I would have assumed the same would be true for Marie also?

Like most things written for Golden, she's very shallow and silly.

Lunar15

I don't mean the in-game assets, I mean the actual factual Soejima art. Smaller heads, broader shoulders, curvier bodies (On the ladies) and things like that.

It's possible that that's just how Soejima differentiates between a teenage character and an adult, I suppose, though Catherine is only a couple of years older than Mitsuru in Arena

Ah, I see what you mean. Never really thought about that. I'm thinking it has to do with the older characters in order to make sure it appealed directly to that audience.

LX_Theo

Banned
What's with all the hate towards Marie? I haven't played golden yet, so I cant personally say. But from my experience with Persona 4 on the PS2, I found all the characters to be very likable.

I would have assumed the same would be true for Marie also?

She's a social link that has a notable place in the story. Some, usually the people who did vanilla first, saw her inclusion as jarring and/or not up to snuff of the standard for social links. To everyone their own, I guess.

Dantis

Golden's bonus stuff was awesome and silly. Nuffin' shallow about more character development, brah.

With the obvious exceptions of the hotsprings scenes, of course. Those can go bugger off.

It's fine that you like it, obviously. I'd argue that there's very little if any character development though outside of one or two scenes.

I like Marie's character, does that make me stupid? :(

That's what I heard, yeah.

PK Gaming

Like most things written for Golden, she's very shallow and silly.
640.jpg

The way you constantly deride Golden at every single opportunity is shallow and silly.

We get it, you don't like Golden. Enough with the same song and dance.

Dantis

The way you constantly deride Golden at every single opportunity is shallow and silly.

We get it, you don't like Golden. Enough with the same song and dance.

Welcome to PersonaGAF.

Also, it's okay to criticise Marie for pages and pages, but call Golden shallow and silly in one post and I get chastised? Come on now!

Lunar15

The best part for me is that I'll probably go in expecting something far worse, see that it isn't that bad, and come out overall indifferent or mildly surprised.

PK Gaming

Welcome to PersonaGAF.

Also, it's okay to criticise Marie for pages and pages, but call Golden shallow and silly in one post and I get chastised? Come on now!
Except it's never one "one post." You always call out Golden whenever you have the chance. Whenever we talk about it in detail, there's always a barrage of negativity on your part.

And don't try to appeal to hypocrisy. The fact that this community is toxic towards Marie doesn't justify you being constantly toxic to Golden (or Arena, or anything you don't like for that matter!)

Dantis

Except it's never one "one post." You always call out Golden whenever you have the chance. Whenever we talk about it in detail, there's always a barrage of negativity on your part.

And don't try to appeal to hypocrisy. The fact that this community is toxic towards Marie doesn't justify you being constantly toxic to Golden (or Arena, or anything you don't like for that matter!)

Posts like this make it very hard for me to not be antagonistic, haha.

kewlmyc

The anger in this thread is strong. Everyone take a deep breath, deep breath, deep breath, deep breath...

Until you feel the vibes, now touch the sky.

Musolf815

The anger in this thread is strong. Everyone take a deep breath, deep breath, deep breath, deep breath...

Until you feel the vibes, now touch the sky.

*breathing sounds*

(Super sorry if I contributed to the anger, I just want to spread love, PersonaGAF.)

Trigger

The best part for me is that I'll probably go in expecting something far worse, see that it isn't that bad, and come out overall indifferent or mildly surprised.

Oh, she's definitely not that bad. She just feels like an element that doesn't belong. The chemistry and flow of the story feels weird with her inclusion.

CorvoSol

Speaking of which, I went back to P1P and finally got to the first boss woo. I feel like the encounter rate in that game feels higher than it is because of how ridiculously fast you move. Also, I think I prefer the designs for the starting Personas in P1 to P2. They're a bit less ridiculous.

Speaking of that's my favorite sound effect in P1

I'll be so hyped for P4Dancing if there's a Collector Edition for it, assuming Nich Maragos managed to push his joke tweet to his fellow AtlusUSA colleagues.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night Collector Edition.

P4: DANCE. Do it Nich and John Hardin aka NotAram. All my money.

So on the P4D note, the trailer says "and more!" after saying the P4 cast is in. So who do you guys think will be that and more? P3 characters? P4 side characters?

I don't understand how anyone can think her design is awful. No one hates on Kanji for looking like a 'fashion show reject out of the 80s'!

Why would they? Kanji doesn't look like a fashion reject. He knows socks don't go on your arms, for starters.

Musolf815

So on the P4D note, the trailer says "and more!" after saying the P4 cast is in. So who do you guys think will be that and more? P3 characters? P4 side characters?

Hmmm. Maybe more new idols? Or maybe Kenji finally gets his time to shine on the dance floor!

CorvoSol

Hmmm. Maybe more new idols? Or maybe Kenji finally gets his time to shine on the dance floor!

It's Ms. Kashiwagi's party and you all wish you hadn't been invited.

Naoto, Teddie and Yukiko, presumably? Maybe Labrys too.

Oh were their names not listed? The card goes by sorta fast so I don't think I've ever paused and read all the names. I just figured they were all listed there.

Dantis

I could see Yukiko definitely. Teddie in human form, perhaps. Naoto would be adorable.

You're fired.

Naoto in P4D is probably the next thing they'll show that I'll dislike I think. The idea of her dressing as an idol and dancing like that seems so out of character to me.

I think I'll be playing as Narukami or maybe Yosuke because of it.

Of course, Naoto might not even be in the game.

Oh were their names not listed? The card goes by sorta fast so I don't think I've ever paused and read all the names. I just figured they were all listed there.

Only Narukami, Rise, Kanji, Kanamin, Chie and Yosuke have been announced so far.

pariah164

Naoto in P4D is probably the next thing they'll show that I'll dislike I think. The idea of her dressing as an idol and dancing like that seems so out of character to me.

I think I'll be playing as Narukami or maybe Yosuke because of it.

Of course, Naoto might not even be in the game.
Well, she could just dress in an altered version of her uniform, like Narukami. It's not like they'll put her in the Coronet uniform by default. Hopefully.

Dantis

Well, she could just dress in an altered version of her uniform, like Narukami. It's not like they'll put her in the Coronet uniform by default. Hopefully.

I think they'll all have their uniforms, yeah.

If I had to guess, I think Naoto's outfit will be similar to her Halloween outfit. A shirt cut at her midriff, shorts and high heeled boots.

Levito

Banned

Think most people "chastise" you for things like this because you say one thing, then contradict yourself.(eg: always complaining about fanservice/calling us gross when we make jokes about Waifu junk/simply liking anime, then you draw Naoto in a sexy catsuit) You've beaten "Golden is shit/Arena is shit" into the ground for over a year now. It's practically a daily occurrence at this point, persistent negativity gets tiresome, na'mean? Or rather, if you try to goad someone into a debate, sometimes they're going to debate with you.

But hey, we all are partially to blame for when the thread gets all angsty and shitty. So how about we all make like Bill and Ted and be excellent to eachother.

Time to read Marcus Aurelius, accept people can be mean spirited, and love them regardless. :)

Aurelius is da best. Control what you can, accept what you can't, dawgs!

Also even though the chances are slim-to-none, I really want Junpei to be a character in P4D so that they can extrapolate his Saturday Night Fever victory pose into an entire disco-themed dance style.

Top Bottom