• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Junpei the Doofus
02-persona-4-the-ultimax-ultra-suplex-hold-7.jpg
He's da man but yeah those glasses make him look like a doofus.

FluxWaveZ

still like the helicopter shot and wide shot of Inaba

There's a lot about the aesthetic that I like, in general. Lots of nice touches in-game, too, like how the round timer is on a broken part of the TV screen.

I also really like all the red. It's oppressive. Only part of the cutscenes shown so far I haven't liked too much is when Sho back flips onto the crucifix, but I guess the guy's all about showing off.

Think at this point it'd be a spoiler to post the shot at the end of the P4AU trailer? That's one of my favorite shots, as well.

Dantis

You may want to mark that specifically as a P4 spoiler in case anybody hasn't been following the conversation and skips to the latest post.

Squire

Banned
It's inevitable considering he may be playable. It'd be hard even discussing the game without bringing up spoilers if he does become playable

Yeah, that's when the spoiler stuff goes too far. We do that so we don't hurt other people's experiences, but once we start having to sacrifice our own it's a problem. It's not my fault someone can't find the time to play through P4 of afford it or whatever the case may be. It's no issue in this thread since it's so broad and we seem to always have at least one person playing catch-up (though I echo Trigger's sentiment), but like, in the P4AU OT? I'm not gonna spoiler that guys name. That's just not a reasonable expectation.

PK Gaming

So speaking of this P4 Spoiler, I found a kind of nifty fan art by chance the other day. Obviously it's P4 Spoilz, yo. But yeah. Thought it was neat.

Hella cool

That reminds me, while you were playing through P4 for the first time, I was worried we'd get an official 'P4 culprit' trailer for P4U. I'm glad you beat it before people started using avatars of the P4 culprit, haha.

CorvoSol

Yeah, that's when the spoiler stuff goes too far. We do that so we don't hurt other people's experiences, but once we start having to sacrifice our own it's a problem. It's not my fault someone can't find the time to play through P4 of afford it or whatever the case may be. It's no issue in this thread since it's so broad and we seem to always have at least one person playing catch-up (though I echo Trigger's sentiment), but like, in the P4AU OT? I'm not gonna spoiler that guys name. That's just not a reasonable expectation.

Well yeah, I figure that if you know someone in this thread is going through, it's kind to mark the spoilers, but like, if you're in a thread for a game that takes place AFTER P4, no holds barred, I think.

It is why I still do not get why this topic was closed:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503007

Not a spoiler:
It was because of Apple wasn't it?

Dantis

If you go into a sequel thread, I think spoilers from the first game are open season if there's some major continuity in the story.

In here though, I can't imagine a point when it would be okay to not mark the culprit from P4. Even after Ultimax is out, I don't think.

PK Gaming

What if...they do it. They make a P1/2 game...BUT....its like.....slot machine game...or a volleyball game? If it was the only way to get those characters back...would you?

yes ;_;

Don't give in to the despair

We'll get our P1/P2 sequel one day

as an ios F2P game

Worse than dead....forgotten
Very ironic if you ask me.

It just depresses me that P-Studio doesn't show any love for their franchise as a whole. They put P3/P4 up on a pedestal and shove P1/P2 under the rug like they never existed, I get that most didn't work on the original games, but here's the thing, you need to show respect for the other half as well. Without those two game, the franchise would not be where it is now. It's all about respecting what came before and honoring it as well.

Setsu00

Worse than dead....forgotten
Very ironic if you ask me.

It just depresses me that P-Studio doesn't show any love for their franchise as a whole. They put P3/P4 up on a pedestal and shove P1/P2 under the rug like they never existed, I get that most didn't work on the original games, but here's the thing, you need to show respect for the other half as well. Without those two game, the franchise would not be where it is now. It's all about respecting what came before and honoring it as well.

I guess Hashino doesn't want to mess with characters he didn't create. That's a way to be respectful, too.

FluxWaveZ

but here's the thing, you need to show respect for the other half as well. Without those two game, the franchise would not be where it is now. It's all about respecting what came before and honoring it as well.

In addition to what Setsu00 said, it's not your series so it's not your call to make.

Being respectful of what came before P3 doesn't need to entail bringing the previous characters and storylines back into the modern games. It could also mean that, as a team, they acknowledge that they wouldn't be where they are without those games and leave it at that.

This is almost approaching delusion.

You know something I don't get is when people complain about Persona 3 male route social link, when theirs really great ones like the sun, hanged man, hierophant, and devil. You know what I liked Maiko better than Nanako, shot's fired. Tho that's my opinion.

In addition to what Setsu00 said, it's not your series so it's not your call to make.

Being respectful of what came before P3 doesn't need to entail bringing the previous characters and storylines back into the modern games. It could also mean that, as a team, they acknowledge that they wouldn't be where they are without those games and leave it at that.

This is almost approaching delusion.

Look I'm not saying that it's my series and need to do what I want them to do. But it wouldn't hurt them have show some love for the other part as well, it somewhat rubs me the wrong way that we have a music concert for Persona and no Persona 1 and 2 music(even if it was like one or two tracks I would be fine with that), or the fact that Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena and Ultimax were great opportunities that could of had a crossover of the whole series instead of just of Persona 3 & 4. I love 3 & 4 as much as the next person, but I would like some stuff from 1 & 2 in there as well.

Top Bottom