• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Caladrius

image.php

Levito

Banned
Hell. Fucking. Yes.
Front row.

What if it was one of those "interact with the audience" type of shows where they pull someone on stage? What if you were pulled on stage and a 43 year old man in a Kuma(Teddie) costume was pleading to score with you?

cjkeats

What if it was one of those "interact with the audience" type of shows where they pull someone on stage? What if you were pulled on stage and a 43 year old man in a Kuma(Teddie) costume was pleading to score with you?
It's all fun and games until a man in a bear suit tries to glomp you.

Acid08

Banned
So on the P4D note, the trailer says "and more!" after saying the P4 cast is in. So who do you guys think will be that and more? P3 characters? P4 side characters?
No doubt all of the P4 cast makes an appearance. I'm hoping for P3 characters to be DLC skins for the free play mode. Doubt they'll be integrated into the actual story.

Naoto in P4D is probably the next thing they'll show that I'll dislike I think. The idea of her dressing as an idol and dancing like that seems so out of character to me.

I think I'll be playing as Narukami or maybe Yosuke because of it.
Haha it's a fan service dancing game that's coming out to get the characters(especially the female cast) to dance around and wear cute outfits. Worrying about them being true to the characters seems like wasted effort.

No doubt all of the P4 cast makes an appearance. I'm hoping for P3 characters to be DLC skins for the free play mode. Doubt they'll be integrated into the actual story.

Haha it's a fan service dancing game that's coming out to get the characters(especially the female cast) to dance around and wear cute outfits. Worrying about them being true to the characters seems like wasted effort.

Ey thea! Howz ya doin! Da name's Labrys and ahm gonna be an idol, all ya big palookas betta get ready cuz im gonna bring down da house!

CorvoSol

Wow. You're saying that because he doesn't have eyes he can't dance? Talk about being prejudiced.

Look, I think it's heartwarming that a freakish mutant like him believes magic will solve his problems, but glasses aren't gonna let him see, and believing isn't going to solve the fact that he probably has cloven hooves.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Basically this.

They already had her playing in an idol's band in a live concert in Golden and increased her girliness in both P4G and PxD, too. I don't think they're that concerned about keeping her character's integrity in random spin-offs.

Levito

Banned
So, most everyone on PersonaGAF would go to the stage show.

....Now is the time for a Rise Dancing All Night hologram concert.

CorvoSol

Personally I want P4D to be as completely ridiculous as possible. I'm disappointed Izanagi doesn't get a sweet idol outfit.

THAT WE KNOW OF. Yu still has to P4SPOILERS
get a level 3 Persona to match the rest of the cast. Izanagi no Boogie is going to represent his transition from adulthood to midlife crisis.

Dantis

Ha! Valid point. ;)

To be honest, I doubt that I'll be too bothered by how the characters look. Worst case scenario I can just fall back on Narukami, because I already know that his design is somewhere between amazing and hilarious.

Gazoinks

Ha! Valid point. ;)

To be honest, I doubt that I'll be too bothered by how the characters look. Worst case scenario I can just fall back on Narukami, because I already know that his design is somewhere between amazing and hilarious.

I am hyped for the Kanji reveal for this reason. :p

arue

So PersonaGAF, if you had the opportunity to see the P4 stage show live(in person)--would you go?

Nah, I'm not really a big fan of stage shows. If it's Persona concert on the other hand... HELL YEAH.

That reminds me, are they going to do another concert this year? I thought it'd be possible since P4D is coming this fall.

Also, that Tyrone video was hilarious. I never expected a guy like that would be a Persona fan :p

Gazoinks

Also, that Tyrone video was hilarious. I never expected a guy like that would be a Persona fan :p

Those videos are guys who will say anything for $5. The idea is for testimonials but then 4chan found it. :p

Also, playing P1P now. Are there any hoops I need to jump through to get the ultimate Personas like in P2?

FluxWaveZ

Do you guys think, once 2014 is done, P Studio will continue to do P3/P4/P5 spin-off, studio collaboration games outside of any potential sequels to Arena or Dancing (or maybe even PQ, but I would be surprised)?

Given their current strategy and the current popularity of the series, I would think they would, but I can't really think of any genres they would honestly explore other than what they already have with a fighting game, a dancing game and an RPG.

Maybe they'd continue with the individual character approach like how Dancing mainly revolves around Rise. Still, I could only, realistically think of maybe a brawler, a TPS and a Monster Hunter clone (?). What also comes to mind is an adventure game type of deal featuring Naoto solving various cases ala Ace Attorney Investigations, but that might be too thematically close to Persona 4 itself and might be too mundane (without any Shadow or Persona involvement).

kewlmyc

Do you guys think, once 2014 is done, P Studio will continue to do P3/P4/P5 spin-off, studio collaboration games outside of any potential sequels to Arena or Dancing (or maybe even PQ, but I would be surprised)?

Given their current strategy and the current popularity of the series, I would think they would, but I can't really think of any genres they would honestly explore other than what they already have with a fighting game, a dancing game and an RPG.

Maybe they'd continue with the individual character approach like how Dancing mainly revolves around Rise. Still, I could only, realistically think of maybe a brawler, a TPS and a Monster Hunter clone (?). What also comes to mind is an adventure game type of deal featuring Naoto solving various cases ala Ace Attorney Investigations, but that might be too thematically close to Persona 4 itself and might be too mundane (without any Shadow or Persona involvement).
I wouldn't mind spinoffs. I rather they either make Persona games every 2-4 years or focus on new projects like they did with Catherine though.

If they do keep making spinoffs, then I hope they go the PQ route and just make it non-canon fun fluff. I wouldn't mind an Aigis character action game or a Persona character action game in general.

Gazoinks

Persona x Trauma Center.

"Doctor! Suture the wounds!"
"Agidyne!"
"Doctor! Destroy the cancer cells!"
"MEGIDOLAON!"

I mean Derek Stiles is already magic so it's not that much of a stretch right? :p

Dantis

I wouldn't mind spinoffs. I rather they either make Persona games every 2-4 years or focus on new projects like they did with Catherine though.

If they do keep making spinoffs, then I hope they go the PQ route and just make it non-canon fluff.

Hashino's team has always been making the core games. There's some crossover for sure, but for the most part the spinoffs are made by completely different teams and a few less essential personnel.

Zebetite

Banned

The thing is, most of these spinoffs just have the P-Studo Seal of Approval. The actual gruntwork of making them is being carried out by other teams (ASW, Dingo, EO team). Additionally, none of these games are particularly out-of-the-ordinary for the teams that are making them-- the games very much exist within the studio's niche.

It'll ultimately be up to Sega/Atlus to ink out some deals and then convince Hashino, Soejima, Meguro etc. to work with those teams. Since Atlus just changed ownership, it's unclear whether Sega will push them to do these spinoffs and crossovers the way Index has. I think as long as P-Studio has some sort of say in the proceedings, though, I doubt we'll be seeing anything too crazy.

But, hey. If Atlus ever needs some ideas for a God Hand-like game starring Akihiko and Kanji, they know my number. (Note: Atlus does not actually know my number.)

kewlmyc

Hashino's team has always been making the core games. There's some crossover for sure, but for the most part the spinoffs are made by completely different teams and a few less essential personnel.
In that case, do a P3 Vita port and then get straight to work on the next Persona or a new IP.

FluxWaveZ

It'll ultimately be up to Sega/Atlus to ink out some deals and then convince Hashino, Soejima, Meguro etc. to work with those teams. Since Atlus just changed ownership, it's unclear whether Sega will push them to do these spinoffs and crossovers the way Index has. I think as long as P-Studio has some sort of say in the proceedings, though, I doubt we'll be seeing anything too crazy.

What makes you think Index was the one forcing P Studio to do these collaborations? From Hashino's words and previous interviews, these were passion projects by his team and those he was collaborating with.

The question is whether this is something they'll want to continue pursuing in the future, if it has been profitable from multiple perspectives for them, or if 2014 will be the last of these Persona spin-offs for a while.

I've been telling you people we need an Akihiko character action game by Platinum

That or one featuring Kanji is one of the obvious and rather realistic choices for a spin-off, along with potentially an action TPS featuring Aigis, again, backed by Platinum.

The last two new Persona game sites are now up:

http://www.atlus.com/p4au/

http://www.atlus.com/personaq/

Neat. Though, as expected, it's not the fully featured Persona Q website yet and they'll probably wait until all of the updates are applied to it.

The question of "Who could be the one behind it all?" keeps popping up behind the P4A culprit when Sho's straight up said that he's the one behind it all even in the reveal trailer, so that's interesting.

FluxWaveZ

Seems that Sho is the one with a Persona in the English version, whereas SHO fights alone. Interesting.

Ha, why would they do that? Well, I don't think the "Sho" and "SHO" differentiation was ever really officially present until now. It's weird, though, since you'd think "Sho" would be the one assigned to the "original" version and that's presumably the solo fighter.

Maybe

Maybe they'd continue with the individual character approach like how Dancing mainly revolves around Rise. Still, I could only, realistically think of maybe a brawler, a TPS and a Monster Hunter clone (?).
LOL

hat also comes to mind is an adventure game type of deal featuring Naoto solving various cases ala Ace Attorney Investigations.
I could see this happening.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting how the trailers for P4 Ultimax all depict the game with red everywhere, yet the sites show blue everywhere.

Blue seems to be the "main" color for the game, while yellow was the one for P4A. But yeah, red's also really prevalent even though they seem to mostly be going with blue on the websites. The only character with red, for example, in the command list is Sho.

Top Bottom