• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

My advice for P3 is to stick with it. It takes a while but it is soooo worth it in the end.

In the mean time please enjoy such sterling Social Links as "Fat kid wishes he wasn't so fat," "Kenji thinks he's dating someone he isn't," and who could forget that down home favorite "You can't fuck her yet you can't fuck her yet you can't fuck her yet."?

In the mean time please enjoy such sterling Social Links as "Fat kid wishes he wasn't so fat," "Kenji thinks he's dating someone he isn't," and who could forget that down home favorite "You can't fuck her yet you can't fuck her yet you can't fuck her yet."?

This could be a lot of people, who do you mean? :p

PK Gaming

Ahahaha

I love literally every single thing about this post

The bolded especially

CorvoSol

Ahahaha

I love literally every single thing about this post

The bolded especially

In P3M's defense, I do think that Yuko, Swimbro and Elizabeth are good.

But basically P3F is where the good SLinks are.

Also, if Marie had been in P3 instead of P4 her SLinks would've bounced back and forth between the game telling you you couldn't make love to her and begging you to please do so.

But the trade off is that you only control the MC and every other character is computer controlled! OH and the menu interface is slower and clunkier and other such stuff. Also, the Female Protagonist is not in P3FES, but you get The Answer, where you play as Aigis. I vastly prefer P3FES over P3P, but there is no perfect version of P3.

Levito

Banned
Persona 5 is on another level of hype for me, the others don't really hold a candle next to it in terms of how excited I am.

Dancing All Night is the one I want most of the other games, no doubt. I really want all of them though. :)

Sophia

I'll be fucking pissed if PQ doesn't get a Game Boy release. I am not buying a 3ds for one game.

I want it for PS4 as much as the next person, but having it for PS3 isn't bad either.

Levito

Banned
I'm disappointed that Persona 5 isn't being ported to my hands when I cough up blood.

Stuffed him in the trash, why is he making so much noise still?

N-nee..Need to show you something.. it doesn't come out of the carpet, Yukiko.

I'm disappointed that Persona 5 isn't being ported to my hands when I cough up blood.

Stuffed him in the trash, why is he making so much noise still?

N-nee..Need to show you something.. it doesn't come out of the carpet, Yukiko.

I feel like I never quite get 90% of your posts.

pariah164

Game is probably a strong word.
giphy.gif

Gazoinks

I dont like Persona. Therefore Atlus is "overrated".

I played a Persona once and it turned me into this
ZaNzST2.png

Speaking of which, I went back to P1P and finally got to the first boss woo. I feel like the encounter rate in that game feels higher than it is because of how ridiculously fast you move. Also, I think I prefer the designs for the starting Personas in P1 to P2. They're a bit less ridiculous.

Levito

Banned
I dont like Persona. Therefore Atlus is "overrated".

This is the mentality of anyone that throws around the word "overrated".

It's basically just another way of saying "That thing you like isn't that good because I don't like it all that much".

grimmiq

Playing through P4G for the first time blind and loving it, nearing the end and a friend just told me because I didn't
Max Marie's S.Link
I won't be able to get the "True ending"..Should I just start over? Not sure when I'll get around to playing this a second time (Have Persona 3 waiting in line).

...So. There's no time limit mechanic in P3 like in P4G as far as I can tell. What's a good strategy here? I just got to the first day where everything opens up to me and I'm on floor 6 right now. Just beat what I think was a miniboss.

Is there a point where it stops letting you progress until time passes?

Sophia

...So. There's no time limit mechanic in P3 like in P4G as far as I can tell. What's a good strategy here? I just got to the first day where everything opens up to me and I'm on floor 6 right now. Just beat what I think was a miniboss.

Is there a point where it stops letting you progress until time passes?

You need to progress as high as possible in Tartarus before the next full moon. Don't worry about going too far, as it'll stop your progress before long. Elizabeth has requests to retrieve documents from set points in the tower, so you should be doing these too as soon as they become available.

You need to progress as high as possible in Tartarus before the next full moon. Don't worry about going too far, as it'll stop your progress before long. Elizabeth has requests to retrieve documents from set points in the tower, so you should be doing these too as soon as they become available.

I literally just had the town open up to me. I'm on floor 7. I assume floor 10 is where the boss will be and how far it'll let me progress until the next full moon then?

Is it like P4G where I should do the dungeon as soon as possible to spend more time on slinks?

Sophia

I literally just had the town open up to me. I'm on floor 7. I assume floor 10 is where the boss will be and how far it'll let me progress until the next full moon then?

Is it like P4G where I should do the dungeon as soon as possible to spend more time on slinks?

You can go further then floor 10, actually.

And yes, do the dungeon as soon as possible.

hao chi

You can visit Tartarus much more at your own leisure in comparison to P4 since it's done at night, and there's only a couple S. Links available at night (plus stats you can raise like academics).

The main thing to watch out for is to make sure your party members aren't tired or sick. If they're in good shape, you aren't at the roadblock yet, and there's no S. Links that you want to do that night, you should probably be in Tartarus.

Though ignore the last part if you're somehow nearing the end of the month and you haven't gotten to the roadblock yet. Though P3 gives you plenty of time to finish the necessary dungeon crawling, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Zebetite

Banned

Tartarus doesn't do as much to get in the way of Social Linking, because all but a couple Social Links happen during the day and Tartarus happens at night. Tartarus just gets in the way of those links, and otherwise boosting Academics/Charm/Courage at the mall on your nights.

However, if you hang around Tartarus long enough, your party members (and you, as well) will get sick. This will knock them out of commission for a night or two and they'll be simply unavailable. Always always always always check with Mitsuru to make sure your usual party members are available for that particular evening, and if they are, just go to Tartarus until they get sick. If they aren't, just hang around the mall at night like a punk-ass kid. When you get as far as you possibly can at that particular point (there will literally be a wall blocking you from going further), just hang around the mall at night like a punk-ass kid, until the next full-moon has passed. Then repeat from the beginning.

Acid08

Banned
P2 IS

Finished up the Cuss High dungeon stuff, story is progressing a lot. Pretty brutal that the Council President gets burned to death. This game moves at a break neck pace compared to 3 and 4, really liking it. Leo Dude was introduced, he seems like a proper nutter. Not sure what Maya meant by saying he has been stalking her for years. For what reason? And Anne is a total mystery so far.

Saw a little flashback scene about Tatsuya getting his lighter, bet that other kid pops back up at some point. I had no fucking idea that's what he was pulling out constantly in his animations. I liked how after Maya mentioned Leo is a pyromaniac Tatsuya pulls out his fucking lighter like an asshole.

Went to the sushi place to and meet Eikichi's dad hahahaha. Was a pretty good scene. Why was he so pissed about Eikichi's uniform though? Or is it the dress he's wearing under it?

Tatsuya Smile Count: 1

Dantis

Am I weird in saying that my main hype point is wanting to see all of the characters in those higher res and higher quality models?

This is absolutely a large part of the hype for me. The character models look to be almost as good as Catherine's. I didn't think we'd ever see the P4 team looking like that.

It's harder not to care about anything Hashino's team do. Catherine was that good.

Yup. Ridiculous track record, too. Nocturne, DDS1, P3, P4 and then Catherine.

He's a fucking good game designer.

p4 spoilers:
Marie's presence completely changes Izanami from a surprise final encounter to an inevitable enemy and adds the whole Sagiri business, making the whole thing seem like Izanami manipulated everything, where as she was completely hands off in P4.

Yes, but the way that it does it is so awful and Japanese video-game cliche that it makes me want to scream and punch something.

MSMrRound

I'll be so hyped for P4Dancing if there's a Collector Edition for it, assuming Nich Maragos managed to push his joke tweet to his fellow AtlusUSA colleagues.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night Collector Edition.

P4: DANCE. Do it Nich and John Hardin aka NotAram. All my money.

Acid08

Banned
Hoping for P3 character DLC mainly because I want to see that cast with good models too. Hell, now that I'm playing the old Persona games I want all these characters in Dancing All Night. Make it happen Atlus.

Dantis

I'll be so hyped for P4Dancing if there's a Collector Edition for it, assuming Nich Maragos managed to push his joke tweet to his fellow AtlusUSA colleagues.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night Collector Edition.

P4: DANCE. Do it Nich and John Hardin aka NotAram. All my money.

They'll probably do one, but it will be bad. Atlus don't do good CEs. Just look at the Solid Gold edition of P4G.

Top Bottom