• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Nanjo's route was so dull. It was neat that you get Eikichi and
Kandori
, especially, but I thought Eriko's had a better story. And she's way better in battle, in contacts and ability.
I played through Nanjo's route awhile back, and the problem with his route is the dunegon is way too long in my opinion, didn't like the first part were you were on a timer and that made it annoying to go through and then the second part is way too confusing, it's easy once you figure it out, but still not fun to do(espcially if your mapping the dunegon). Though I did like that it had Eikichi and
Kandori
which was awesome in it's own right, so it wasn't a complete loss.

ramyeon

Fashion always is. It's a reason I love Kaneko's work, the man knows how to make a girl stylish.

(Yes it's the render, but the drawn version always makes me think she has a mustache.)
Touché. I really wish Kaneko would return as the character and Persona designer for P5.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just gonna leave this here.

NoOjbeT.jpg

Soma

In an ideal world...
Character Design: Shigenori Soejima
Fashion Consultant: Kazuma Kaneko

I like Kaneko's interesting fashion sense for his characters but the thing is that a lot of the time they fit almost perfectly with the type of world they inhabit like in Nocturne or whatever.

I really miss his touch for SMT IV's character design. Doi's artwork is solid and all but it just doesn't have that same feeling that Kaneko conveys.

I can't think of any of his female characters that ever look trashy. Silly, yes. Trashy, no.
Yeah, while some of his designs maybe goofy at times (Maya's outfit with those hearts on her boobs or those pants in SMT IF....), he does have a way of making the characters look cool without it coming off as trashy.

cj_iwakura

Uh, no, just.... no. The only game in which Kaneko has ever drawn a female character fashionably is Nocturne. The rest of his characters are poor in fashion sense.

He's good at shying away from cheesecake, though. And even in games where the females look ridiculous like SMT2, the guys look just as if not even more weird.

ramyeon

Uh, no, just.... no. The only game in which Kaneko has ever drawn a female character fashionably is Nocturne. The rest of his characters are poor in fashion sense.
Not true.
I like Kaneko's interesting fashion sense for his characters but the thing is that a lot of the time they fit almost perfectly with the type of world they inhabit like in Nocturne or whatever.

I really miss his touch for SMT IV's character design. Doi's artwork is solid and all but it just doesn't have that same feeling that Kaneko conveys.
This is true.

I wouldn't mind Kaneko doing the fashion design and Soejima doing the character design and art though, I think it'd work well.

My main issue with Soejima is how silly and ridiculous some of his Persona designs are, especially some of the main cast ones from P4.

Just gonna leave this here.
I always thought this S. Link was hilarious. At first you're like "Awwww yeah, hookin' with the kinky nurse!" and then it turns into this thing about how her life is a mess. It wasn't really unexpected, since pretty much all of the social links are about the characters' personal struggles, but it's still funny how the early ranks were so fan-servicey.

Lunar15

I want whatever artist designed the art for the dungeons in Nocturne. That shit was zen, and I'd love to see that style in another game.

cj_iwakura

This I like a lot and fits his personality very well.

When he goes classy, it's all good. (See: Durarara)

It's just for some reason Devil Survivor's girls bring out the worst in him.

As for Nocturne's dungeons, I want to say Kaz came up with that stuff too, but it was probably Okada's influence as well.

Persona 2 EP and Soul Hackers kind of have similarly off vibes.

Sophia

When he goes classy, it's all good. (See: Durarara)

It's just for some reason Devil Survivor's girls bring out the worst in him.

As for Nocturne's dungeons, I want to say Kaz came up with that stuff too, but it was probably Okada's influence as well.

Persona 2 EP and Soul Hackers kind of have similarly off vibes.

The girls in Devil Survivor would be perfectly fine design wise if they weren't all having back issues.

And Joe is just a real classy kind of guy.

Sayoko's Social Link was weird how it like completely shifted gears halfway through. She went from like trying to eat me to crazy workaholic because some kid died with no real bridge between the gaps there.

FluxWaveZ

Sayoko's Social Link was weird how it like completely shifted gears halfway through. She went from like trying to eat me to crazy workaholic because some kid died with no real bridge between the gaps there.

I never thought how she acted initially was genuine. More like some form of psychological repression to forget her troubles.

Moonlight

Banned
I always liked Sayoko's social link. I think it's got a few problems, namely because a good chunk of the events are defined by how much you're not talking with her, but I really dug the little details in her Social Link that betrayed the person beyond the mask she showed to the rest of the world, namely how much points you got with her for rejecting her advances. Her resolution at Rank 10 is also, personally, one of the more satisfying ones in the game.
It was cool to know that she'd packed her bags straight up and was out there in Africa(?) trying to make a difference in as direct a way as possible, and every 'epilogue' event afterwards was just hearing the nurses gossip about her.

Style Savvy x Persona

And you'll all buy it.
Fuck yes I would.

EDIT: Also lol @ Kaneko being a fashion expert. Dude can draw some evocative demon designs, but you're not going to see anyone you could call 'stylish' dress like most of his characters.

The thing that bothered me about Sayoko is that she wears the nurse cap, those things can potentially become a breeding ground for bacteria.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I always thought this S. Link was hilarious. At first you're like "Awwww yeah, hookin' with the kinky nurse!" and then it turns into this thing about how her life is a mess. It wasn't really unexpected, since pretty much all of the social links are about the characters' personal struggles, but it's still funny how the early ranks were so fan-servicey.

And the funny thing is you're supposed to reject her when she flirts with you, to max out the link faster.

EMT0

Banned
I always liked Sayoko's social link. I think it's got a few problems, namely because a good chunk of the events are defined by how much you're not talking with her, but I really dug the little details in her Social Link that betrayed the person beyond the mask she showed to the rest of the world, namely how much points you got with her for rejecting her advances. Her resolution at Rank 10 is also, personally, one of the more satisfying ones in the game.
It was cool to know that she'd packed her bags straight up and was out there in Africa(?) trying to make a difference in as direct a way as possible, and every 'epilogue' event afterwards was just hearing the nurses gossip about her.

Fuck yes I would.

EDIT: Also lol @ Kaneko being a fashion expert. Dude can draw some evocative demon designs, but you're not going to see anyone you could call 'stylish' dress like most of his characters.

Yeah, it's hard to call him that when you have this guy running around

Code:
[IMG]http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080611144822/megamitensei/images/6/69/Brownp2.jpg[/IMG]

I do like most of what I've seen from him as far as character design goes though

Had no idea this was a thing (as I never didn't have Yukiko on my team, because what kind of crazy person does that), but I was wondering if there was anything in P4 that acknowledged the fact that you're dating more than one of the girls--which is what I did, because I don't give a fuck; I like to think that Yu had a drawer labeled "conquests" full of the items the girls gave him at the end of their Social Links, each labeled by named, a spot reserved for each. Because my Yu was a terrible, terrible person, hanging out with people, pretending to give a shit about their problems, and stringing along every single girl he could so he could summon better demons.

Though I guess Golden apparently acknowledges dating multiple girls with a scene that makes you feel appropriately terrible?

cj_iwakura

The girls in Devil Survivor would be perfectly fine design wise if they weren't all having back issues.

I could even forgive most of that if you didn't have stuff like an idol wearing just a vest. Heck, I thought Yuzu was kind of cute in a ridiculous sort of way.

Acid08

Banned
Had no idea this was a thing (as I never didn't have Yukiko on my team, because what kind of crazy person does that), but I was wondering if there was anything in P4 that acknowledged the fact that you're dating more than one of the girls--which is what I did, because I don't give a fuck; I like to think that Yu had a drawer labeled "conquests" full of the items the girls gave him at the end of their Social Links, each labeled by named, a spot reserved for each. Because my Yu was a terrible, terrible person, hanging out with people, pretending to give a shit about their problems, and stringing along every single girl he could so he could summon better demons.

Though I guess Golden apparently acknowledges dating multiple girls with a scene that makes you feel appropriately terrible?
In Golden there's a Valentines day event that is prett rough if you're dating multiple girls.

There were some people in here, I assume Yosuke and Marie fans, that are heartless monsters and said they felt nothing during it. Just awful, awful people.

Soma

Eh, depends on your preference of fashion. His style tailors more to the high-fashion of the fashion market; stuff you'll see in European runways and most likely not things you'll see everyday on the street. A lot of them might come across as really silly but there's always something interesting beneath all those outlandish outfits and designs. He's got an eye for cohesiveness and pattern themes which translates really well to designs in both demons and humans in a setting that's (very literally) seen the end of the world.

I've posted this before but I've always found this particular blog post a pretty interesting read in regards to Kaneko's style of fashion design.

Not gonna lie though, he does have a few duds.

Top Bottom