• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

EMT0

Banned
I'm just buyin' them I'm not drawing them.

gladje4ch71utuom.gif

Didn't know you had it in you Smed

FluxWaveZ

I just have that feeling its all the Velvet Room Attendants fault that this somehow happened for PQ. Since in the image of the Velvet Room Igor isn't there I believe. So did he 'leave' the Velvet Room and somehow this ended up happening? That's what I would like to think.

Or, much like P4G (concerning new dialogue/VA), P4A and the anime, Igor won't be much of a presence, if at all, in the game.

Squire

Banned
I'll be really interested to see how the sales of P4A, P4D and PQ compare. I feel like P4D might sell the most out of all of them. The Miku games sell bucket-loads in Japan, right?

Unless PQ reeeeeally takes off, P4D will be the best selling of the three, easily.

I don't expect PQ to top it since the thirst (heh) for a Persona game on the part of that audience doesn't seem real. Just fanboys needing a game to continually prop up the 3DS and general NeoGAF vindictiveness (Jesus, I'm glad we're past that.)

P4A will sell well, but re-releases never sell like the original thing. You're only going to buy the game again if you really like to play it, which I think actually does describe the majority of the audience. That one might be surprise, sales-wise.

ramyeon

Her hair, maybe, but her clothes look really silly in my opinion.
Looks like something a model at that time may have worn to me. Albeit kinda outdated since the game is pretty old now.

In fact it actually has a kind of retro charm to it, and one pieces similar to that are kinda making a comeback these days.

More interesting than a school uniform, regardless :p

Your post reminded me though, Corvo: doesn't the PSN version of FES have a save corruption bug or something? Unless they've fixed it.

P3FES has been completely fixed, now I say its the best way to play P3 on modern consoles IMO. If you have the game already, since PS2 games have no patch process, you must delete your game, and redownload it to get the update. They also fixed almost all the visual glitches and other glitches.

clSVYLo.jpg

Yaaay Revelations: Persona yaaay.

I should get around to at least reading Eriko's route in P2. I went with Nanjo because he is #1.
Eriko's/Ellen's route is different, but still enjoyable in it's own way. The only major difference is that her dungeon short but have 5 boss battles. Compared to Nate Nanjo's which is two dunegons(one of them is timed) and only one boss you fight.
And Ellen's route did give us these wonderful little gems of dialogue.
BEHOLD......THE GLORIOUS PS1 VOICE ACTING.

cj_iwakura

Eriko's/Ellen's route is different, but still enjoyable in it's own way. The only major difference is that her dungeon short but have 5 boss battles. Compared to Nate Nanjo's which is two dunegons(one of them is timed) and only one boss you fight.
And Ellen's route did give us these wonderful little gems
BEHOLD......THE GLORIOUS PS1 VOICE ACTING.

Nanjo's route was so dull. It was neat that you get Eikichi and
Kandori
, especially, but I thought Eriko's had a better story. And she's way better in battle, in contacts and ability.

ramyeon

I think it's the undershirt. Brown must've designed it.

Not a fan of the short shorts either.
The undershirt is fine, it adds colour accent and the outfit would be really missing something without it. I really like the combination. The cuts on ends of the arms and the collar look fine in anime style but would look kinda silly in real life, but if those were changed it'd look fine.

And I don't think those are short shorts per se, it definitely looks like a jumpsuit-style connected one piece a belt that runs through it. I can definitely see someone with the right style pulling the look off in real life.

Persona fashion is serious business.

Squire

Banned
Eriko's outfit in P2 is firmly on the line between fashionable and silly. I can't quite put my finger on why however.

I think it's the socks/legwarners/whatever that throw it off. Remove those and it's a great outfit.

But then, that's fashion. You go for something unique and often it comes off a little silly. Most of the characters in Persona really are dressed quite well and believably.

P3FES has been completely fixed, now I say its the best way to play P3 on modern consoles IMO. If you have the game already, since PS2 games have no patch process, you must delete your game, and redownload it to get the update. They also fixed almost all the visual glitches and other glitches.

Ah. Good stuff. I'm interested in picking up some of the PS2 classics now that there seems to be the possibility that Sony will allow HD emulation on the PS4.

Top Bottom