• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Unless Chuck D. states otherwise, Persona Q is canon as fuck. To the point where it's tangible and you can fire it at enemy vessels in Ubisoft's newest entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Mmmmmmm... that's it, baby. Be part of the official timeline, work it gurl. Just like Arena hnnnnnngg

That seems really problematic for obvious reasons if you've played through P3:FES

The P3 MC is there. Alive and kicking. And not acting as the barrier between the world and Nyx. Unless the game involves defeating Nyx *again* but this time without having anyone (or atleast not P3 MC) acting as the Great Seal.

To be fair if thats how it turns out, I would play the fuck out of that.

Gazoinks

That seems really problematic for obvious reasons if you've played through P3:FES

The P3 MC is there. Alive and kicking. And not acting as the barrier between the world and Nyx. Unless the game involves defeating Nyx *again* but this time without having anyone (or atleast not P3 MC) acting as the Great Seal.

Time shenanigans and amnesia. Yup.

ramyeon

I am pretty sure Levito is kidding but it's fairly obvious Q takes place midway through Persona 3 and will involve memory loss at the end.

I mean Shinjiro is there. So it'll definitely take place while he's briefly a part of SEES again before his death and then end with them all going back to their point in time and forgetting it all happened.

I am pretty sure one of the trailers for Q even had a date on it and the date was one of the days that is skipped in Persona 3 because there's a hurricane or something, Shinji is in your team at that point also.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
tumblr_n04p5exTDV1si4qupo1_1280.png

You love her, you hate her, you love to hate her, and you hate to love her, it's Astupidjerk!

*presses like button*

FluxWaveZ

I am pretty sure Levito is kidding but it's pretty obvious Q takes place midway through Persona 3 and will involve memory loss at the end.

I mean Shinjiro is there. So it'll definitely take place while he's briefly a part of SEES again before his death and then end with them all going back to their point in time and forgetting it all happened.

I am pretty sure one of the trailers for Q even had a date on it and the date was one of the days that is skipped in Persona 3 because there's a hurricane or something, Shinji is in your team at that point also.

We've known about the story details for a while now:
Story

In the rural town area of Yasoinaba, it is the final day of the culture festival at Yasogami High School. But when the toll of a bell suddenly rings, those with the ability to use a Persona are summoned to another world. In this realm—the spitting image of Yasogami High School—an ominous clock tower appears. Inside the school, the cast meets Zen and Rei, a boy and girl whose memories have been snatched away. When the bell tolls, the curtain opens on a new battle for the Persona cast.

Two Heroes, Two Stories

Before starting Persona Q, you must choose to play as the hero of Persona 3or Persona 4. Depending on which you choose, you will experience a different story.

Persona 3 Protagonist (voiced by Akira Ishida)

A second year student at Gekkoukan High School who joins the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad in wake of the Shadow attacks. Together with his friends, he works to exterminate the shadows.

His story: A stormy fall night. Regretting the cancellation of the cultural festival, the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, assembled in Tartarus, hear the strange tolling of a bell. At the same time, they become wrapped up in an unusual event with the Velvet Room. The next thing they know, they’re facing the unknown Yasogami High School, bustling with people from the cultural festival. In front of the squad, a Shadow resembling that of Tartarus blocks their way. As they battle against the Shadow, they try to find a way out of the school. But while there, they come across a high school group who call themselves the “Investigation Team…”

Persona 4 Protagonist (voiced by Daisuke Namikawa)

Because of his parents’ work situation, he moves to the rural town of Yasoinaba and attends Yasogami High School as a second year student. Together with the Investigation Team, he investigates a series of murders happening throughout town.

His story: It’s the last day of the Yasogami High School culture festival and the members of the Investigation Team are enjoying themselves. But suddenly, the unfamiliar toll of a bell is heard. Outside the window, an unnatural clock tower can be seen. At the same time, the team confirms the appearance of Shadows within the school. And in front of the team appears a group of students from an unknown high school, but who also use Personas. Together with the members of this group, who call themselves the “Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad,” the team searches for a way out and for an answer to the mystery.

Yes, trailer #2 had the specific dates the game takes place in for the P3 and P4 teams.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I am pretty sure Levito is kidding but it's pretty obvious Q takes place midway through Persona 3 and will involve memory loss at the end.

I am pretty sure one of the trailers even had a date on it and the date was one of the days that is skipped in Persona 3 because there's a hurricane or something, and at that point Shinji is in your team.

Somehow I had completely missed
Shinji's presence in the game.

Almost seems better for it to be non-canon than having to resort to something like that story-wise. Oh well.

That being said I do wonder if they'll ever come up with a
way to free P3 MC from acting as the great seal. From double checking things on the wiki just now, Margaret does elude to the fact Elizabeth left her post to try and find a way to free him.

FluxWaveZ

That being said I do wonder if they'll ever come up with a
way to free P3 MC from acting as the great seal. From double checking things on the wiki just now, Margaret does elude to the fact Elizabeth left her post to try and find a way to free him.

That's what a relatively significant part of the P4A story revolves around.

ramyeon

We've known about the story details for a while now:

Yes, trailer #2 had the specific dates the game takes place in for the P3 and P4 teams.
Well there you go :) haven't really been keeping up to date with Persona Q these days, been too busy. Good to see my suppositions confirmed, the hurricane was the reason for the cancellation of the festival if I'm remembering right.

FluxWaveZ

Which I've never gotten around to playing because I am absolutely god fucking awful at fighters, and haven't bothered to wiki what happens plot wise.

>.>

The 15-25 hour story mode, depending on how fast you read, has a 1000:1 ratio of reading to fighting.

Levito

Banned
I only link to Public Enemy songs when I'm dead fucking serious. Persona Q is so canon that they made it into a videoed game, how can it be more canon than videoed games?

Elvis was a hero to some, but he didn't mean shit to Nyx.

Sophia

Which I've never gotten around to playing because I am absolutely god fucking awful at fighters, and haven't bothered to wiki what happens plot wise.

>.>

Story mode can be won by pressing a button over and over on the easiest difficulty. You should play it for that. :p

CorvoSol

You are a good brother. The last thing I got for both of my brothers was The World Ends With You, one for each. We have like 4 copies in the family now, even though we are only 3 brothers, we liked it that much. I think the 4th copy was gonna be a gift.

Ahh the anticipation for Persona on sale, delicious.

I love TWEWY! Game is great. Definitely one of my favorite Urban Fantasies.

I'll buy them all. I would bet on DLC characters too. Yukari plz.

Yes please. :)

Also, regarding PQ and its place in canon (P3/4 SPOILERS):

The most recent full trailer for PQ shows the calendar from P3 stopping on September 20, 2009. This would account for both Makoto and Shinjiro being in the game-- Shinji doesn't die until October 2009, and Makoto until March 2010. This also explains why all of the P3 cast has their initial Personas, because the first evolution is Akihiko's and doesn't happen until after Shinji's death.

The P4 calendar stops on October 30, 2011, which as I recall is the last day of the Yasogami Culture Festival. Both groups end up in Yasogami (though it's not clear that it remains both 2011 and the same Yasogami at this point), so there's obviously some time travel business going on. But within the scope of P3 at least, the events of PQ shouldn't upset the canon of that game. It looks like SEES gets taken to Yasogami while they're in Tartarus, which means it's part of the Dark Hour, which means it can last a seemingly indefinite amount of time; it's called an hour in the game, but you can grind Tartarus for far longer so I always felt that time was sort of in flux during the Dark Hour.

Likely everyone will lose the memories of what happens during PQ so that it won't matter in the long run, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the game's premise as it's set up right now.

*deep breath* Whew.

I love TWEWY! Game is great. Definitely one of my favorite Urban Fantasies.

Yeah! TWEWY kicked ass,
Where is 2? Nomura please ;_;

While I know there is a vocal group who are not fans of Nomura's art style, I for one would love to see his take on the various characters SMT universe. In other words, Persona 1-4's cast wearing a bunch of zipper heavy clothing.

Also, vice-versa I want to see Shigenori Soejima's art style applied to TWEWY or other properties. If just to see how he would approach character design for different games.

Oh god, the monologues.

Dosen't help that it seemed like no one who was writing the script knew how to edit it down into fewest words possible with how much there is in the monologues, though Labry's story is the most guilty of this. And it was so dull to read though, aleast there was a text skip option so I can speed though it faster.

Gazoinks

I'm so excited for Project Diva F 2nd!

Also, P4D is my most anticipated game out of this crop, by far.

I'm looking forward to PQ most, but I'm disqualified from P4D due to being Vita-less so it doesn't count. :p

I'm actually not that hyped for P5 yet simply because we know absolutely nothing about it. It's just sort of hanging around in the back of my mind till it's driven to the forefront by actual info.

I'm so excited for Project Diva F 2nd!

Also, P4D is my most anticipated game out of this crop, by far.

I'm importing 2nd on Vita and will buy the PS3 version when it eventually gets localised.

Are you going to get the pouch set too?

P4D has naturally became my most anticipated as the other two games are without a doubt going to be delayed in EU.

Real Talk: Calling is still one of the best tracks Square's put out.

Someday is my favourite track, but they are all good!

Dantis

Keep in mind that P4D isn't by the makers of Project DIVA f, only the original games.

I'm not actually sure what that means, but it could be significant!

And I'm going to buy them all.

That game is going to make so much fucking money.

I'll be really interested to see how the sales of P4A, P4D and PQ compare. I feel like P4D might sell the most out of all of them. The Miku games sell bucket-loads in Japan, right?

Real Talk: Calling is still one of the best tracks Square's put out.

YES!

I actually really dislike everything about TWEWY except for the soundtrack, but Calling is completely amazing.

I think I might have to get a savings account just for P4DAN DLC

rip :'(

Gotta buy all those Rise swimsuits, huh?

I just have that feeling its all the Velvet Room Attendants fault that this somehow happened for PQ. Since in the image of the Velvet Room Igor isn't there I believe. So did he 'leave' the Velvet Room and somehow this ended up happening? That's what I would like to think.

Top Bottom