• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

Tripping confirmed for P4A2.

That's some P4A business:
2275933-el032_08.png
2275932-el063_01.png
2275931-el063_05.png

Edit: That P5 teaser passed the 1 mil mark. Cool.

Levito

Banned
Once I finish a couple of other games in my backlog, I think I'm going to finally start Innocent Sin. I know I should play EP first, but IS being somewhat of a remake makes it a little more appealing.

Just because it's probably already done the rounds: Have some unfortunate news, Yuri wont be coming on the podcast. At least for now that is, he's just too busy.

PK Gaming

That's some P4A business:

Edit: That P5 teaser passed the 1 mil mark. Cool.

Elizabeth: Wheeeee!
Once I finish a couple of other games in my backlog, I think I'm going to finally start Innocent Sin. I know I should play EP first, but IS being somewhat of a remake makes it a little more appealing.

Just because it's probably already done the rounds: Have some unfortunate news, Yuri wont be coming on the podcast. At least for now that is, he's just too busy.
That's a shame. Thanks for trying to get him on the podcast though.

EP is a direct sequel to IS, so you should play IS first.

MSMrRound

Who is going to buy the dancing game?. I am curious about it but Miku might end up getting my coins in that department.

I am. I'll rather buy Dancing All Night over Miku, just to get Aaron Webber and his team at SEGA over their obsession with Hatsune Miku. Will still buy it for the premise of the game itself.

Tiu Neo

Who is going to buy the dancing game?. I am curious about it but Miku might end up getting my coins in that department.

I'm going to. I love rhythm games, but don't really care for the Vocaloid characters.

I just hope we don't have to wait too much for it... Or import it from Japan.

I am. I'll rather buy Dancing All Night over Miku, just to get Aaron Webber and his team at SEGA over their obsession with Hatsune Miku. Will still buy it for the premise of the game itself.

I will very likely end up getting both sometime down the line.
Sega does seem dead set on Miku, It's like Miku and Sonic are their only main series they seem to care about.

Back on topic, I wish they used characters from 3 as well instead of just the 4 cast.
Arena is versatile enough though. Thank god I didn't buy it when I had the chance to because the one out now will be obsolete in the coming months.

@Tiu Neo edit I misread what you said. whoops.

Dantis

Most likely buying Dancing All Night.

Never played a Miku game because it'd make me shit rainbows or something.
Which is a really stupid way of saying that I don't like the music.

Need to see more P4D to be sure though. There hasn't really been much on it yet at all.

Most likely buying Dancing All Night.

Never played a Miku game because it'd make me shit rainbows or something.
Which is a really stupid way of saying that I don't like the music.

Need to see more P4D to be sure though. There hasn't really been much on it yet at all.

Yeah, it's an acquired taste for sure not to mention the vocaloid voices can be a turn off.

I need more information (specifically, setlist and features) before I decide on a purchase myself.

We're in the same boat, I need more info before deciding on a purchase.
I also wouldn't mind
Atlus making an extended version of the junes jingle for shits and giggles

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm going to. I love rhythm games, but don't really care for the Vocaloid characters.

I just hope we don't have to wait too much for it... Or import it from Japan.

I still think an Persona version of Ouendan would be hilarious. Ridiculous situations around town where a Persona team suddenly appear and dance/summon Personas to save the day. Have it be like the last one where there's two different teams so you can have P3 and P4 teams.

Dantis

I think the fact that they're remixing the music bothers me more than the potential setlist.

How does everyone feel about that? I mean, they're obviously going to make the songs more dancey and whatnot, and in the process kind of alter the sound of the song completely, right? Meguro's stuff is actually pretty weird sounding next to commercial music, even at its most poppy level, so I find it kind of strange that they're remixing it at all.

It's like they're saying "We know most of our fans love this music, so we're making a game based around that. The music is different though.".

Sophia

I think the fact that they're remixing the music bothers me more than the potential setlist.

How does everyone feel about that? I mean, they're obviously going to make the songs more dancey and whatnot, and in the process kind of alter the sound of the song completely, right? Meguro's stuff is actually pretty weird sounding next to commercial music, even at its most poppy level, so I find it kind of strange that they're remixing it at all.

It's like they're saying "We know most of our fans love this music, so we're making a game based around that. The music is different though.".

Daisuke Asakura, the genius keyboard player of JPop group Iceman, is among one of the remixers. I have no complaints.

If the remixers are good then I wont worry, I would have loved if they recruited Shinichi Osawa aka Star Guitar.

I'm a sucker for rhythm games in general, plus it's one of the few I'll be able to import so I'm buying straight away.

I'm totally fine with remixes, in-fact I'm more than happy that they are going for them.

Gazoinks

I still think an Persona version of Ouendan would be hilarious. Ridiculous situations around town where a Persona team suddenly appear and dance/summon Personas to save the day. Have it be like the last one where there's two different teams so you can have P3 and P4 teams.

That would be amazing. I would buy a Vita for that. :p

Meia

It's a rhythm game, with Persona music.

I can safely say I don't care what form it's in, I will buy it minute 1. Will probably double dip on a physical special edition(if there's one) as well as a physical too. :D

Tiu Neo

That would be perfect. I miss Ouendan/EBA :(

Ten bucks Kellam is still forever alone.

lol, yup... wait... Kellam? who is that :p

Regarding that silly P4 Dancing game, will the gameplay be rhythmic timing of button presses like Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA, or tapping the touch screen rhythmically as a circle slowly overlaps another circle, dragging of said circles, etc, Elite Beat Agents style. I hope for the later preferably.

Regarding that silly P4 Dancing game, will the gameplay be rhythmic timing of button presses like Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA, or tapping the touch screen rhythmically as a circle slowly overlaps another circle, dragging of said circles, etc, Elite Beat Agents style. I hope for the later preferably.

I want it to be similar to the Project DIVA games, I like playing DJMax Technika Tune on vita, but sometimes those touch screen taps can get a bit annoying.

Dantis

As long as the remixes are better than the club arrange album, I'm goooooooood.

I think they'll be less techno, more J Pop.

Pretty sure you can see button prompts in the trailer, so it's like Project DIVA.

Acid08

Banned

Not bothered by remixes at all, adds something new to all the songs I've heard a million times. You'd think the originals could be unlockables too.

Pretty sure you can see button prompts in the trailer, so it's like Project DIVA.

Ahh, thank you good sir. Honestly, the only time I watched that trailer was during that stream, half awake. The screams of Japanese teenagers counting down would keep me awake. Thank goodness I stayed up for the whole thing haha, totally worth it. If it ended with P4 Dancing with the stars or whatever, I would have been disappointed.

Sophia

Ahh, thank you good sir. Honestly, the only time I watched that trailer was during that stream, half awake. The screams of Japanese teenagers counting down would keep me awake. Thank goodness I stayed up for the whole thing haha, totally worth it. If it ended with P4 Dancing with the stars or whatever, I would have been disappointed.

Just ask Dantis about his reactions in chat. ;)

Just ask Dantis about his reactions in chat. ;)

Ok, hey Dantis what was your reaction in the chat like during the November Persona reveal?

Seriously, I have no intention of buying or playing it unless it was Elite Beat Agents with Persona 4 characters. I want to see Rise, Chie, and Yukiko in cheer leader outfits saving the world from total annihilation by dancing to Ready Set Go.

Because having the original music in it would be boring.

Dantis

Ok, hey Dantis what was your reaction in the chat like during the November Persona reveal?[/URL]

Probably not what you're expecting.

Most of it was "LOL" and "I'm dying.".

At the end I said "Well that was shit. I'm out" and said something similar on Tumblr. And then everyone was like "OMG DANTIS HAS GONE FERAL".

The reality of it was mostly nothing.

After the reveal...

11:46:43: <Dantis> I'm out
11:46:46: <Dantis> Fuck everything
11:46:50: <Dantis> Bye

;)

I was pretty close!

That's really not that bad at all. It's hardly a breakdown or whatever.

Sophia

I was pretty close!

That's really not that bad at all. It's hardly a breakdown or whatever.

I only quoted the ending because I'm too busy (Read: Lazy) to find everything you said.

At least I can say I didn't have any outright overreactions, except for a joking comment about a heart!

Dantis

I only quoted the ending because I'm too busy (Read: Lazy) to find everything you said.

At least I can say I didn't have any outright overreactions, except for a joking comment about a heart!

That's the worst part of it. I was bothered a lot less than you guys sometimes like to pretend.

Lol, sounds like a fun, crazy, laugh filled night, for PersonaGAF during the November Persona reveal event. I'll definitely read through the log when I get the chance for a good laugh.

Man, of course Kanji absolutely loves Koromaru.
Well he does love the cute and fluffy, that and.....
I am going to buy it when it comes out,l for one I love the music in the series, and will be interesting to hear it remixed. And plus the premise the so silly and stupid that I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to buy this.

Top Bottom