• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

As far as I can tell the canon for both 3 and 4 is that MC didn't do the social links for anyone.

I think P4 has a reference to Chihiro's S. link but maybe she was referring to Mitsuru instead. It's been awhile. I think it can be assumed that the non-romance S. links all happened since it's integral to P3's plot.

Still holding out hope for Yukari's S. link in the movies ;_;

Nachos

This says a lot more about you guys than the character.
Yeah I'm thirsty as fuck and I would actually sell any of you to the Devil if it had a chance of getting me some action.

I'm not sorry.

Yup, and I'm the sort of person who needs the devil to get any action. American Crew certainly won't espouse the value of treating girls like people while also being forthright and genuine. Glorious hair, though.

(I'm curious to know if that edit is because you said something else or if you just were fixing a typo or whatever.)

Oh, and...
Pepsiman's intro (it was him right?) was great! I think my knowledge just increased. It was my first time hearing you guys' podcast too.
P4G_09-27.jpg

I don't think I would survive for more than 30 mins in a podcast :p
I just finished the podcast myself. That was awesome. None of what Pepsiman really was that revelatory to me, per se, but it's always fun hearing her opinion on things. It's also cool that she's leading the charge in altering the perception on the relationship between women and games.

I'm a Member now!! no more Junior status!!
YOU'VE CLIMBED THE STAIRWAY TO MATURITY~!!

arue

If you guys are not aware, TheTrueSelf finally posted the rest of the Persona x DanganRonpa wallpaper for the P3 crew on his dA.

It feels odd seeing both MC and FeMC to have the same name side by side.

Another Hypothetical Persona 4 Shadow done, but I'm just going to link to this one because I think it's kind of a big spoiler to even suggest that the character should have one:

PERSONA 4 SPOILERS

I like this. (P4 spoiler)
What do the flower and the skulls represent though? I think the skulls represent the people he threw to the TV but I'm not sure.

I like this. (P4 spoiler)
What do the flower and the skulls represent though? I think the skulls represent the people he threw to the TV but I'm not sure.
They aren't really specific references but more of a generalized "the end justifies the means." That he believes the goof of his actions outweighs the bad.

Venfayth

They aren't really specific references but more of a generalized "the end justifies the means." That he believes the goof of his actions outweighs the bad.

Doesn't Namatame just have absolutely no idea that he's harming anyone though? I don't think he even sees anything bad in his actions.

The way I see Persona 3 Makoto is that the reason why he doesn't give a living shit about anything is due to his shitty past, and how he was alone which contributes to his personality, but later changes as the game progresses, which is being shown in the movie. His personality is unique rather than a generic cheery Mary Sue personality which I like.

CorvoSol

(I'm curious to know if that edit is because you said something else or if you just were fixing a typo or whatever.)

It was probably a typo or me responding to another post, because I don't even remember making it, haha.

Ah. Context would have been good! :p

On the odd chance I should reference it again, Full Metal Panic! is like, my favorite anime.

The way I see Persona 3 Makoto is that the reason why he doesn't give a living shit about anything is due to his shitty past, and how he was alone which contributes to his personality, but later changes as the game progresses, which is being shown in the movie. His personality is unique rather than a generic cheery Mary Sue personality which I like.

But being a grumpy douchebag because you have a shit past is pretty standard for Mary Sues, too.

It was probably a typo or me responding to another post, because I don't even remember making it, haha.

On the odd chance I should reference it again, Full Metal Panic! is like, my favorite anime.

But being a grumpy douchebag because you have a shit past is pretty standard for Mary Sues, too.

You do have a point, but still I feel like there's more cheery Mary Sue's for example tales games

PK Gaming

Another Hypothetical Persona 4 Shadow done, but I'm just going to link to this one because I think it's kind of a big spoiler to even suggest that the character should have one:

PERSONA 4 SPOILERS

I completely agree with you in regards to Kunino Sagiri. Still, your shadow is a pretty solid alternative nonetheless.

Can't wait for
Shadow Adachi

Doesn't Namatame just have absolutely no idea that he's harming anyone though? I don't think he even sees anything bad in his actions.

I dunno, his actions are clearly motivated by "the end justifies the means." He was outright kidnapping people and forcibly dumping them into the TV world. Which is awful by itself, but it beats dying, according to him.

CorvoSol

You do have a point, but still I feel like there's more cheery Mary Sue's for example tales games

Couldn't say, my only Tales game so far is Abyss and Luke is 1) a douche bag and 2) not really what I'd call a Mary Sue. He got some mad cliche going on with his amnesia, though. It's like, hello, 1997 called, they want their protagonist back.

Speaking from a Final Fantasy perspective, it's the other way around. Cecil, Squall, Cloud and Terra dominate the franchise, but the likes of Bartz Klauser rarely sees the stage.

Couldn't say, my only Tales game so far is Abyss and Luke is 1) a douche bag and 2) not really what I'd call a Mary Sue. He got some mad cliche going on with his amnesia, though. It's like, hello, 1997 called, they want their protagonist back.

Speaking from a Final Fantasy perspective, it's the other way around. Cecil, Squall, Cloud and Terra dominate the franchise, but the likes of Bartz Klauser rarely sees the stage.

It's tales of xillia and graces that have cheery Mary Sues

arue

Oh okay,
I was expecting the single flower to be Nanako but I guess I was overanalyzing :p

And to those who have finished P3, I drew two P3 fanart some time ago
to celebrate today's event.

P3 endgame spoilers. (There are 2 of them)

You could say that I'm a little obsessive of P3MC :p

Oh okay,
I was expecting the single flower to be Nanako but I guess I was overanalyzing :p

And to those who have finished P3,
it's finally that time of the year. I drew two P3 fanart some time ago to celebrate today's event.

That's beautiful man

have you played as the female protagonist btw?

Sophia

Oh okay,

Do you have a twitter account so I can relink these and give you credit? :O

Dantis

Oh okay,

Ha! I've seen your Youtube video of you drawing the second one. Love the colouring on it.

All roads lead to GAF, it seems. And yes, you do draw a heck of a lot of P3MC.

Nachos

PERSONA 4 SPOILERS

Great work, as always, Green Mamba! Can't wait to see what you do for you-know-who.

Oh okay,

And, man, these are really cool, too. I swear, whenever I start drawing again, it'll almost certainly be PersonaGAF's fault.

I'm 3/4 lol
I know you're an artist and a musician, but what's that other 1/4?

I haven't played a guitar since January of last year but man I was pretty slick if I do say so myself.

Also I play fighting games averagely so there's that.

I was wondering, since Elizabeth is easily the most powerful being in the Personaverse, would the other velvet room people be just as powerful if they abandoned their post?

CorvoSol

I was wondering, since Elizabeth is easily the most powerful being in the Personaverse, would the other velvet room people be just as powerful if they abandoned their post?

Doesn't the fact that Elizabeth called Igor Master and Igor himself has a Master imply that Elizabeth is obviously not the most powerful being in the world of Persona?

pyrandes

Oh okay,

I dont post much, but I figured Id come out of lurking and say that I loved both of these pieces. The second one was very moving.

FluxWaveZ

Margaret is more powerful than Elizabeth. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with her leaving or not, at least as of the end of P4A.

Nachos

Doesn't the fact that Elizabeth called Igor Master and Igor himself has a Master imply that Elizabeth is obviously not the most powerful being in the world of Persona?

Igor's master, Pokémon, originated from those fanfiction games, though. It was cool that that they included nods towards them for the fans, but I hardly find him relevant in a serious discussion.

Silky

Banned
Labrys is fun to use in P4A. I'm playing with friends and I don't like Kanji what the fuck how can this thug jump SO FUCKING FAR in his command grab

Squire

Banned
Labrys is fun to use in P4A. I'm playing with friends and I don't like Kanji what the fuck how can this thug jump SO FUCKING FAR in his command grab

You know Apathy plays Kanji, right? I was fucking him up one night for a while one night last year. We turned out to be a good match for each other though. (I play Yukiko.)

Top Bottom