• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

I'm pretty sure I saw one with this description in the past, but I've been know to have poor memory. Let me look it up.

Episode Luck, A Certain Day of Summer, Daylight, Moonlight, New Moon, Full Moon, five character drama CDs, the two P3P drama CDs, and the new movie one. None of which have the content you're referring to. Are there any others I don't know about?

CorvoSol

Corvo please don't tell me you've been spending your Sundays studying instead of raising the Hermit S. Link. It's one of the best in the game.

Must have nice when Atlus realized they could just make S. Links for all the major characters and not have to come up with crap like Nozomi or Kenji ever again.

Bbbbut Mitsuru!

kewlmyc

Episode Luck, A Certain Day of Summer, Daylight, Moonlight, New Moon, Full Moon, five character drama CDs, the two P3P drama CDs, and the new movie one. None of which have the content you're referring to. Are there any others I don't know about?

Yeah, Moonlight was what I was referring too. I edited my original post.

I'm pretty sure I saw one with this description in the past, but I've been know to have poor memory. Let me look it up.

EDIT: The CD drama -Moonlight- links the events of P3 to the Answer, so I think this is the one that I was talking about. Apparently it's already been translated, so I'll check it out after work. After looking it up, it seems to be more about
Labrys
than what I mentioned. Someone on /vg/ lied to me then. I would assume if it links the events of P3 to the Answer, it would deal with
MC's death, but I guess not. Disappointing. Nice to see where Labrys come from though.

Sophia

Yeah, Moonlight was what I was referring too. I edited my original post.

Moonlight is awesome, but yeah, it takes place before the event you're talking about. I admit the idea of there being more drama CDs crossed my mind when you said something tho. >_>;

kewlmyc

Moonlight is awesome, but yeah, it takes place before the event you're talking about. I admit the idea of there being more drama CDs crossed my mind when you said something tho. >_>;

Seems like a rather obvious scene to make either a short story or drama CD about, but whatever. Guess drama Cds are supposed to be fun and informative, not depressing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In P3 so far it's Nozomi. Kenji sucked, but at least his arc was on topic the whole time. Nozomi was just all over the place.

In P4 it's the Fox. At least Margaret puts out at the end.

The worst part about Kenji is that you don't even feel bad for him when bad stuff happens to him because he just seems so dumb and unrelatable. In all honesty, the entirety of his link just feels like babby's first social link, just inserted into the game to give you a super easily completed link that has very little other competition.

EMT0

Banned
This is completely random but over the past week I went from not being able to whistle at all ever no matter how hard I tried to being able to make something with tone to it out of determination to whistle random Persona songs. Am I weird (by PersonaGAF standards)?

CorvoSol

Corvo has a point.

Darn right I do!

I maxed Academics out in September and had already long since completed the Hermit. Corvo's priorities lie elsewhere.

I blame the younger me who thought Yukari was gonna be a good time.

The worst part about Kenji is that you don't even feel bad for him when bad stuff happens to him because he just seems so dumb and unrelatable. In all honesty, the entirety of his link just feels like babby's first social link, just inserted into the game to give you a super easily completed link that has very little other competition.

It was sort of painfully obvious that Kenji was not actually in a relationship with Ms. Kannou, especially when I saw her in the volleyball SLink. No way would Kenji score that.

Kashiwagi, on the other hand.

P3P Hijinks in my brain October Spoilz.

For all his studying and swilling coffee, Makoto failed to score before Clara did, in spite of the fact that Clara blew off reaching Genius and Max Charm until the last second to spend time playing with the dog and sweet-talking that scruffy street punk bad boy type she liked so much. In Makoto's defense, Clara literally stopped time to allow herself to score before he could. Unfortunately for Makoto, he can never voice this complaint because Clara's meth-head boyfriend went and got himself shot up by Jesus Christ the other night and now everybody's all angsting about it.

Makoto probably doesn't think that poorly of Shinji, but then again, his brooding bad boy demeanor was a serious threat to Makoto's dominance within the tribe, so he's probably just coping with some bad survivor's guilt. Especially since for some weird reason Makoto thinks that Shinji died, which is silly, because he very clearly did not.

SHUT UP CID'S SURVIVAL IS CANON GUYS. JUST LIKE GOLBEZ' SURVIVAL. AND AERITH'S.

Zebetite

Banned
This is completely random but over the past week I went from not being able to whistle at all ever no matter how hard I tried to being able to make something with tone to it out of determination to whistle random Persona songs. Am I weird (by PersonaGAF standards)?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nTGH6cFWAW

But Yukari's S. Link is way better than Mitsuru's "how do I eat a hamburger" S. Link.

"MAN HOW DOES THIS PLACE GENERATE A PROFIT? WHO WOULD EVEN EAT FOOD THAT THIS CHEAP"

Mitsuru's S. Link is pretty fun. Not really amazing, but not definitely not bad. You should still do Yukari's though, I think its the best "love interest" S. Link you'll find in either P3 or P4.

And P3's Sunday/holiday exclusive S. Links are pretty annoying. Those are the best ones but its really easy to run out of time to finish them if you're not careful.

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah, frankly I've never been a huge fan of Mitsuru's social link. The fluff to content ratio is pretty biased towards the former end. The comparison isn't flattering next to Yukari's, whom has one of the best vanilla Social Links in P3, IMO.

Why, thank yo-- oh.

Sophia

So remember how you all joked about Ms. Toriumi being Yukari's mom due to the Persona 4 Arena art?

Well it turns out according to the Full Moon drama CD the name of Yukari's mother is Isako....

Mitsuru's mother is named Hanae Kirijo and her maid's name is Kikuno Saika.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But Yukari's S. Link is way better than Mitsuru's "how do I eat a hamburger" S. Link.

This is the reason why despite Mitsuru clearly being the most popular, her link doesn't feel right to a lot of people. Its just way too disconnected from the rest of the story and plot - Mitsuru being the Empress of all Ojous is sort of charming, but well documented in anime/manga annals.

Jintor

art am hard

still

making montage videos is surprisingly easier even if all you're doing is fiddling with codecs and re-rendering for hours on end

CorvoSol

So remember how you all joked about Ms. Toriumi being Yukari's mom due to the Persona 4 Arena art?

Well it turns out according to the Full Moon drama CD the name of Yukari's mother is Isako....

MS. TORIUMI IS YUKARI'S MOM.

I TOLD Y'ALL.

Isako Toriumi and Isako Takeba, coincidence? I think...maybe?...Maybe not? *shrug*

Sophia

Why wouldn't Yukari notice her own mother at school

I could have sworn they talk to each other at some point in the game.

It's not Toriumi, haha. They just coincidentally happen to have the same name. Yukari's mother is mentioned in the drama CD, and her home plays a small role in it.

On that note (P3 Moonlight and major P4A Spoilers ahoy!):
I don't think the girl in Moonlight is the same girl from P4A. All the characters in New Moon/Full Moon who reappear in P4A have consistent voice actors, where as the girl in Moonlight has a different actor then the girl in Labrys's story. Her style of speech is totally different too. So it seems like more then one girl was used for the Anti-Shadow Weapons project. We know from the P4A book that only the 5th, 6th, and 7th generations have personalities so....

Of all the drama CDs released so far, I'm going to have to say Daylight, Moonlight, New Moon, and Full Moon are canonical due. Where as the rest are probably not fully canonical for one reason or another. Mind you, the others aren't as story heavy as the four above anyhow.

Not sure about the new drama CD released for the P3 movie, but given what it's about it's probably canonical.

This is the reason why despite Mitsuru clearly being the most popular, her link doesn't feel right to a lot of people. Its just way too disconnected from the rest of the story and plot - Mitsuru being the Empress of all Ojous is sort of charming, but well documented in anime/manga annals.

I don't know how P3 was developed, but it's pretty obvious that her S. Link was inserted in after the main story had been written. There are rumors floating around that Yukari's was written/planned before the S. Link system was designed (which makes sense given the content of her S. Link) and Fuuka's works because she's relatively "normal." I think Mitsuru just ran into the problem of not really having anywhere to go outside of the constraints of the main story. Maybe it would have worked better if you could start it earlier but then they would have had to explain how some fabulously rich super genius president's daughter got romantically involved with some emo-looking transfer student.

Also I wanted to mention that I'm currently reading Sphere by Michael Crichton and its totally going all Jungian psychology with Shadows and facing your true self and all that. Except instead of giant strippers or scantily clad muscular men its a giant squid. Found it pretty amusing.

Some of us have been talking about actually starting Akihiko Art Week, and other characters later on, anyone think we should just have it so you just draw Aki or, should it be more specific?

Levito

Banned
My god...

tumblr_n19rf1nhCR1r7g3tdo1_1280.png

tumblr_n19rf1nhCR1r7g3tdo2_500.png

tumblr_n19rf1nhCR1r7g3tdo3_1280.png

CorvoSol

So the Golden Dawn that Mr. Edogawa mentions is obviously not the Grecian Neo Nazi group, right?

Also can I ever get more songs for Fuuka's MP3 player?

arue

Some of us have been talking about actually starting Akihiko Art Week, and other characters later on, anyone think we should just have it so you just draw Aki or, should it be more specific?

I'm fine with it to be a general drawing, but I'm ok for any specifics too.

Top Bottom