• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

I don't get why Tartarus is a tower in P3 when its Greek mythological namesake was an impossibly deep pit located in the shadiest part of Hades. I wonder why they decided to go for the exact opposite angle?

Also, NEW AVATAR GET

Levito

Banned
I don't get why Tartarus is a tower in P3 when its Greek mythological namesake was an impossibly deep pit located in the shadiest part of Hades. I wonder why they decided to go for the exact opposite angle?

Well, that's the thing. Tartarus still is an impossibly deep pit in Persona 3.

It's not a tower in the game, but in actuality, a pit just like in Greek mythology, and is it's still reaching into the deepest part of hell. Truth is the real hell is the one we all endure every single day.

For you see, none of man's fantasies of evil can compare with the reality that is our existence.

#savemegaten

Zebetite

Banned
When we get to 20, tell me, I'm gonna throw up.

Barret never would've stood for this nonsense.

So what is the approximate rate of ascension, then? Like, 30-40 floors a month?

Around that. You'll have around 50 floors to last you about two months. Then a shorter amount of time to go through the last 40ish. There's also a healthy number of sub-bosses left to go, so there'll be a lot of those joke-y post-boss floors that take like, 5 minutes tops each. You're done for October though, so spend your nights hitting that Arcade/Hanging with Devil/Hanging with Tower til the next full moon. You earned it!

This is all working off memories from like 6 months ago so I apologize if I got any of that wrong.

CorvoSol

It's alright my friend, you'll get there eventually....

Here I'll provide you with some stair walking music.

I wish there was a song this entertaining to listen to while walking up Tartar Sauce. The basic song is like somebody just left the disc scratch noise on nauseating repeat. Snow Queen is okay, but Time Castle and Persona can both go suck a toe.

Mostly I listen to Maya's Theme, though, because it's a pretty solid song.

That stair scene (among a few others) cements FFVII as one of the most memorable games in video game history.

I really like FF7. I don't know that I'll ever say it was my favorite or the best in the series or genre like some do, but I really do like that game. Graphically it's bollocks, but I think that as a game it's probably one of the most fun FFs to play.

Around that. You'll have around 50 floors to last you about two months. Then a shorter amount of time to go through the last 40ish. There's also a healthy number of sub-bosses left to go, so there'll be a lot of those joke-y post-boss floors that take like, 5 minutes tops each. You're done for October though, so spend your nights hitting that Arcade/Hanging with Devil/Hanging with Tower til the next full moon. You earned it!

This is all working off memories from like 6 months ago so I apologize if I got any of that wrong.

So where the eff is this Arcade, anyway? People keep telling me about this thing but I've never stumbled across such a place.

CorvoSol

Right corner of Pauwlonia Mall. It's next to the crane game.

You know, I'm really not as big on P3 as I am on P4, but if they ever do remake P3P to have at least the graphics of FES, this is one of those things that would really make me happy. Day-to-Day parts of P3P feel sort of like a weird Phoenix Wright game.

arue

You know, I'm really not as big on P3 as I am on P4, but if they ever do remake P3P to have at least the graphics of FES, this is one of those things that would really make me happy. Day-to-Day parts of P3P feel sort of like a weird Phoenix Wright game.

I'm a big fan of P3 because it's my first Persona game and the only one I ever completed (besides P4A).

I just noticed I spelled Paulownia wrong. Some big fan I am :p

PK Gaming

yosukecombopart1.gifnzuj6.gif

Had to split the gif into 2 parts... oh well. Words cannot describe how hyped I am for the game.

Jeez, it's been a while...
Ne8IU8a.png

80GJahk.png

I think this one turned out pretty good.
It's everyone's favorite glutton, Chie! You can't have her without her trademark green turtleneck.
Due to having a paleo like diet, Chie can probably drive the ball pretty far. Though she can be a bit chaotic with her ball control though.

I guess Yukiko comes next.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ne8IU8a.png

It's everyone's favorite glutton, Chie! You can't have her without her trademark green turtleneck.
Due to having a paleo like diet, Chie can probably drive the ball pretty far. Though she can be a bit chaotic with her ball control though.

AAAAAAAAAAA

/dies

Lunar15

Ne8IU8a.png

Holy SHIT these have been so good. Seriously, amazing!

pariah164

Ne8IU8a.png

Wow, these are all amazing. I love this idea so much.

LX_Theo

Banned
Ne8IU8a.png

Very good job. Can't wait for Rise. :)

PK Gaming

Ne8IU8a.png

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Chie's probably my favorite drawing yet. I really, really dig her getup (and that hat is 2cute)

Also your description is great. It sounds like something from the game manual!

Gazoinks

Ne8IU8a.png

Great work, dude. Definitely my favorite so far.

Mononoke

Banned
Just wanted to thank everyone that helped me get Persona FES set up on my PC. I bought the disc from Amazon, and was able to play it on my PC using the PS2 emulator. You guys really helped me out a lot, and I'm really grateful for it. I know I don't post regularly in this community thread, but Persona is my favorite series, and I'm having a great time playing this. So thank you. :)

During Titanfalls Beta, I held a contest in the thread (asking people to guess when the Beta invites would go up live) while we waited, and gave a fellow GAF member a copy of the game for free. I'm going to do the same for Persona Q once we get closer to the release. Not sure how, but I'll post in the thread around May for the Japan release. Will also do it again for NA release. So I'll give out two copies. Not sure how I'll decide that, but I'll figure out.

Thanks again. :)

PK Gaming

Just wanted to thank everyone that helped me get Persona FES set up on my PC. I bought the disc from Amazon, and was able to play it on my PC using the PS2 emulator. You guys really helped me out a lot, and I'm really grateful for it. I know I don't post regularly in this community thread, but Persona is my favorite series, and I'm having a great time playing this. So thank you. :)

During Titanfalls Beta, I held a contest in the thread (asking people to guess when the Beta invites would go up live) while we waited, and gave a fellow GAF member a copy of the game for free. I'm going to do the same for Persona Q once we get closer to the release. Not sure how, but I'll post in the thread around May for the Japan release. Will also do it again for NA release. So I'll give out two copies. Not sure how I'll decide that, but I'll figure out.

Thanks again. :)

I hope you have an extra great time with it.

Cheers ♪

CorvoSol

P3P NOVEMBER SPOILERS

First of all, Clara found an axe inside a chest in Tartarus and she musta cried for an hour. Nobody in the party could help her. Junpei tried but Mitsuru said it was a girl thing and that was that.

That Strega fight was . . . a joke. Like, I get that the Hanged Man fight is after that and all so it could never be too hard, but STILL. Especially when I had Junpei and Koro. Jin was all "I'm so badass!" and he threw a grenade from his suitcase at my dog. Who then bit the grenade, tanked the explosion, and pointed out that it did not even ruin the sheen of his coat. I mean, it was novel fighting other Persona users again, that's only happened once in my time with this series, but you know, for the guy who killed/put Shinji in a coma, Shadow Jesus was a serious pushover.

Hanged Man was hit and mix for me. Easy mode was easy, but Normal mode he clocked me the first time because he got a lucky crit. Second time it just took forever to punch his number. Doesn't help that Makoto has Surt and all Clara's using at the moment is Throne (who is probably one of my favorite Angel designs in the series). Anyway, finally knocked him out.

Makoto maxed out the Kaz SLink and it was actually a pretty good one. Probably my favorite SLink for him so far. Clara is at rank 9 with Akihiko, Junpei, Fuuka and Koro so the rest of the month will soon wrap her up and find that both she and Makoto have a lot of free time to spend online or with cancer patients.

AND THEN NOVEMBER HAPPENED.

I mean, I knew Ikutsuki was gonna betray the team, and I knew that my team was getting crucified because jackasses on the internet cannot be expected to keep a secret for 8 years, but hey, what're you gonna do? So none of that was surprising to me. Mostly I just laughed at the unnecessary crosses, especially the fact that Yukari's curved on one arm for some reason.

Still, there was some good character development as a result. Mitsuru's loss putting her and Yukari on equal grounds, Yukari seeing her father's REAL final message, and Aigis developing human emotions (which she's been doing since Shinji got shot). But honestly, I was mostly disappointed with the fact that Ikutsuki's betrayal 1) did not involve him being Shadow Jesus, 2) did not actually relate to Strega in any way and 3) lasted about five seconds before he was dead. I mean I didn't even get a boss fight out of that. Kind of even more lame than having it spoiled ahead of time. Or maybe the lame is accentuated because of it?

Stuff about the end of the world and death being salvation but none of it to make me think any of this was really darker than the rambling on about death and the end of the world and fog and death being salvation in P4. And if those crosses were what makes this game more serious I continue to laugh in your collective faces. Shinji's shooting was serious, yes, but it's the only part that was, and only because of female route. But even Shinji's death doesn't make this game darker than P4 because it was functionally pretty damn similar to Nanako's death, and possibly less dark than hers. So yeah, even though I'm now as far as November, I still seriously do not agree that P3 is more serious than P4. These two games are too alike for the disparity some of you have imagined.

Anyway, Ken seems to have more or less felt regret for what he did back in October, so I'll cut him some slack. Still need that last Courage point to start his SLink, though.

I can't say I was expecting more from November because so much of the end of this game was spoiled for me, but I was hoping for more. I suppose this is the moment the kid gloves come off, just as it was in P4, so I hope that December and January live up to their successor's good reputation.

Jintor

Ikutski
not being shadow jesus was hella disappointing, especially when you take into consideration their physical similarity.

instead he's just kind of like 'lol i betrayed you oops now ded'

what a waste

Persona7

Banned
I have to finish P3 FES before Persona 5. I've failed twice already. I started my second playthrough of P3 the day FES came out. I played it sparingly until Persona 4 came out.

Years later I started up FES again when I got the digital version. 15 hours were lost due to the save glitch. They updated the game and I managed to play through 80 hours or so and then my save got fucked again. When I transferred over my backup the system froze and I lost that as well.

Gonna draw my own and tell myself they're official.

Draw what you think Naoto will be wearing for this fiasco...Not even teasing you, I am legit curious and have no idea what she would even wear for this...Kanji too.

Or draw the toaster in my avatar as an idol cuz you know it is going to happen.

Dantis

Draw what you think Naoto will be wearing for this fiasco...Not even teasing you, I am legit curious and have no idea what she would even wear for this...Kanji too.

Or draw the toaster in my avatar as an idol cuz you know it is going to happen.

I think Tono was pretty accurate how he drew it:

I think her shirt will be buttoned up though.

Top Bottom