• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

arue

Jeez, it's been a while...
Ne8IU8a.png

It's everyone's favorite glutton, Chie! You can't have her without her trademark green turtleneck.
Due to having a paleo like diet, Chie can probably drive the ball pretty far. Though she can be a bit chaotic with her ball control though.

I guess Yukiko comes next.

This is neat! I never thought someone would come up with this idea.

Seeing as we're talking about Naoto, I might as well post this.

Welllll, I mean, it's a sliding scale. Either way, she smiles a lot outside of the game.

This is a nice drawing Dantis. I think you nailed Soejima's style on your characters.

Do you always use Soejima's style when drawing in manga/anime style or is it just for Persona fanarts?

CorvoSol

So let me ask about Shadow Jesus real quick:

Dude is the only pale, golden eyed Persona user in the series who is not a Shadow and is not an Avatar, huh? He's just a really pale dude who happens to have yellow eyes? There is no connection to the Velvet Room or Shadows there?

Also whoever said Strega was like something out of Final Fantasy was on the money. Those two guys could've been named Bill and Ben or Biggs and Wedge and hanging out with Gilgamesh. The only other goofy miniboss I've encountered so far in this series is the dude who guards the terminals in SMT4.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's the thing, will my posts always be under scrutiny from now on?

Am I doomed to watch what I say or post in this thread, lest I disturb or offend someone?

Eh I'll just keep doing what I do and try to avoid offending/annoying others.

It's funny that it took him like a whole month to notice.

Completed the Lovers, the Tower, and the Sun S.Links in rapid succession.

Was shocked at how much I actually liked the end of the Tower. Most of it was boring fluff, but the last few actually had a semblance of meaning.

Not really sure what was up with that last Sun S.Link event--was he a ghost? Or was that symbolic? Or what? Kind of bothered me, felt it took away from the scene.

Regarding Yukari, now that I've hit that penninsula like the Chicxulub Impact Event, I can move on to not worrying about her getting angry at me. Is level six or so where most of them start getting jealous of other girls? I'm at 5 with Fuuka and Yuko, and it seems like it's building that way.

(wish links worked in spoiler tags, but it's all fun)

Gazoinks

So the Reaper in P3, but even more bullshit?

More or less. :p They're generally easy to avoid if you're paying attention though. Early on they're more like an environmental hazard since you just need to stay away from them or get murdered. Killing them is very satisfying after spending a bunch of time running away. :D

Lunar15

So, with Witcher 3 delayed to 2015 and the Persona 5 localization happening in 2015 as well, I've decided to freeze myself in a block of ice to quickly get past this worthless year.

Let me know how PQ was when I wake up.

CorvoSol

You mean to tell me this teacher embezzled student funds and let a student take the wrap for it?

Yasogami's staff might be delusional, wacky, and maybe rude, but HOLY SHIT GEKKOUKAN'S TEACHERS ARE UNIVERSALLY ASSHOLES.

kewlmyc

So, with Witcher 3 delayed to 2015 and the Persona 5 localization happening in 2015 as well, I've decided to freeze myself in a block of ice to quickly get past this worthless year.

Let me know how PQ was when I wake up.

Did you just call the year where Dark Souls II is released worthless? I will smite you.

Lunar15

You're gonna miss Smash 4 brah.

Going by what we've seen so far, I can wait. If I was still in college, surrounded by people who I could play with, I'd be more hyped. As it stands, I can only really wait and see if their netcode has improved. Other than that, the game looks kinda phoned in so far.

Lemstar

So he has ways of getting JP PSN cards as well? I was just going to go back into the Blazblue Chronophantasma thread and find the posters that said they can get people JP PSN cards and sell them for normal price, and see if their offer is still available, but I'm open to any better options.

I've already dealt with Lem with the DanganRonpa pre-order, and I definitely wouldn't mind doing business with him again.
I hosted four groups here for BBCP's release, although I didn't have a connect for PSN cards - I paid PCGameSupply's markup for HK cards (~13%, compared to something closer to 30% for JP cards from just about everywhere).

Since I don't know if there'll be a simultaneous Asian release this time, it'd be great if I could find a way to get Japanese codes at close to face value (one person here offered to help out, but I don't know if he'll be in Japan for that long).

Nachos

So the Reaper in P3, but even more bullshit?

Eh, you just need strategy and preparation. Maybe it's because I've been playing the games since the very first DS one, but beyond the very beginning, the right strategy could take down any FOE the first time I came across them, never mind the level disparity.

My only question now is if they're still including the floor jumping from Untold. It's usually easy to run past them, but there are some cases where you can be cornered. In the old games, this required you to use a cheap item to warp you out, but if you forgot to buy them, you were screwed and deserved it. Untold made it so you could eventually just warp out without any consequences.

I don't want to just say the rote "THEY CHANGED IT, NOW IT SUCKS," but Etrian games are all about survival and being able to manage your resources. Untold was weird in that it just disregarded most of that, causing more problems than the story mode being lackluster.

Technically it's Field-On Enemy. Dunno why the English versions of EO use some weird Latin abbreviation.

Either way this is excellent. F.O.E.s are a perfect addition to PersonaQ! It's like The Reaper in Persona 3, except in all varieties and levels!
Because the Japanese one is Engrish, and I'd guess they had problems coming up with an abbreviation with the same tone. The one they came up does mean something like "Nature's fearsome and formidable beasts," though, so I think it works pretty well.

Dantis

That's the thing, will my posts always be under scrutiny from now on?

Am I doomed to watch what I say or post in this thread, lest I disturb or offend someone?

Eh I'll just keep doing what I do and try to avoid offending/annoying others.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just link his Tumblr if you post his stuff in the future? It's not like you're making your own Tumblr posts with his content in. If anything, you're promoting his Tumblr.

This is a nice drawing Dantis. I think you nailed Soejima's style on your characters.

Do you always use Soejima's style when drawing in manga/anime style or is it just for Persona fanarts?

There is no anime/manga style outside of my Persona art, haha! My own stuff is a lot more western.

hao chi

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just link his Tumblr if you post his stuff in the future? It's not like you're making your own Tumblr posts with his content in. If anything, you're promoting his Tumblr.

This. I wouldn't have learned about Persona Personals if people weren't posting them here, and even in the GAF link he posted you can see me asking what the new page is.

So, yeah, people posting his stuff here has gotten him at least a few new people visiting his Tumblr that I know of, and probably quite a few more.

Sophia

Because the Japanese one is Engrish, and I'd guess they had problems coming up with an abbreviation with the same tone. The one they came up does mean something like "Nature's fearsome and formidable beasts," though, so I think it works pretty well.

Well it works as an abbreviation until you stuck them into the Persona series. They're not quite from nature anymore...

CorvoSol

Mid-November Slinkstravaganza!
I finished Chihiro's Slink and I highly doubt Makoto got any action that night. Probably he just sat and read manga with her. Because in my head now, even though Makoto is maxed out on charm, courage, and brains, he's just blue haired Johnny Bravo now. Maybe a dash of cynicism to make up for the fact that he's no longer going to get to score with anyone because the powers that be--me--find it funnier if he never has that kind of success in spite of pouring all his efforts into it.

Finished the Koromaru Slink. I wuv my puppy.

Finished the Fuuka SLink on Clara's side. Unlike Chie, Rise, and Yukiko, Fuuka
managed to make nonviolent food at the end, so there's that.
There's some serendipitous timing in that the day Clara finished teaching Fuuka to cook, Makoto worked up the guts to try Fuuka's cooking. It's these little happy accidents that make this simulplaythrough much better than if I were to just be doing this game vanilla, I think.

Sun dude rambled incoherently about death and shiz while I may or may not have helped a little girl run away from home.

Also Ryojitaro thinks he's swag with that yellow scarf, but Proto Man he is not. Aigis really IS Mega Man, though, so she's already trying to beat the crap out of Proto Man.

Also also Mr. Ekoda can please die in a fire. Also also also GIMME YO DANG HELMET YOU OLD BAT I NEED THIS SO I CAN GET A MEIDO OUTFIT FROM THEODORE.

Took Theo and Elizabeth to see the school. Elizabeth catered to the hot teacher fetish so well you could hear Kenji's boner from across town. Theo, meanwhile, asked to hold Clara's hand while they crossed the street because even though Theo has the body of a sexy vampire and the move set of a demigod, he sometimes has the demeanor of a 4 year old.

Sounds like the gang is going on a school trip now. Makoto was a bit of a douche to Ken when Ken was all "Yeah I bet Mitsuru is having a hard time because her dad died I remember when my Mom died I don't know how I got over that." and Makoto was all "You can't remember what you haven't done yet!" After Ken cried for a day straight and swore violent revenge on Makoto, Clara took him to McD's in an effort to cheer him up and because she knows Shinji would want her and Ken to get along.

And I know that I should've been rid of Orpheus a long time ago but secretly I kept it around and after dumping my cards into it I gotta say, Orpheus is pretty stacked in spite of being 23 levels weaker than other Persona.

Sophia

And I know that I should've been rid of Orpheus a long time ago but secretly I kept it around and after dumping my cards into it I gotta say, Orpheus is pretty stacked in spite of being 23 levels weaker than other Persona.

I hope you're giving it some magic abilities at least. Orpheus's stats are awful for physical skills.

PK Gaming

Mid-November Slinkstravaganza!
I finished Chihiro's Slink and I highly doubt Makoto got any action that night. Probably he just sat and read manga with her. Because in my head now, even though Makoto is maxed out on charm, courage, and brains, he's just blue haired Johnny Bravo now. Maybe a dash of cynicism to make up for the fact that he's no longer going to get to score with anyone because the powers that be--me--find it funnier if he never has that kind of success in spite of pouring all his efforts into it.

Finished the Koromaru Slink. I wuv my puppy.

Finished the Fuuka SLink on Clara's side. Unlike Chie, Rise, and Yukiko, Fuuka
managed to make nonviolent food at the end, so there's that.
There's some serendipitous timing in that the day Clara finished teaching Fuuka to cook, Makoto worked up the guts to try Fuuka's cooking. It's these little happy accidents that make this simulplaythrough much better than if I were to just be doing this game vanilla, I think.

Sun dude rambled incoherently about death and shiz while I may or may not have helped a little girl run away from home.

Also Ryojitaro thinks he's swag with that yellow scarf, but Proto Man he is not. Aigis really IS Mega Man, though, so she's already trying to beat the crap out of Proto Man.

Also also Mr. Ekoda can please die in a fire. Also also also GIMME YO DANG HELMET YOU OLD BAT I NEED THIS SO I CAN GET A MEIDO OUTFIT FROM THEODORE.

Took Theo and Elizabeth to see the school. Elizabeth catered to the hot teacher fetish so well you could hear Kenji's boner from across town. Theo, meanwhile, asked to hold Clara's hand while they crossed the street because even though Theo has the body of a sexy vampire and the move set of a demigod, he sometimes has the demeanor of a 4 year old.

Sounds like the gang is going on a school trip now. Makoto was a bit of a douche to Ken when Ken was all "Yeah I bet Mitsuru is having a hard time because her dad died I remember when my Mom died I don't know how I got over that." and Makoto was all "You can't remember what you haven't done yet!" After Ken cried for a day straight and swore violent revenge on Makoto, Clara took him to McD's in an effort to cheer him up and because she knows Shinji would want her and Ken to get along.

I thought you were crazy for playing through both paths simultaneously, but it seems like your having a great time.

lmao at Johnny Bravo Makoto. Downloading that to headcanon.

Caladrius

Going by what we've seen so far, I can wait. If I was still in college, surrounded by people who I could play with, I'd be more hyped. As it stands, I can only really wait and see if their netcode has improved. Other than that, the game looks kinda phoned in so far.

There's still plenty left to see, though I can see what you're getting at.

I need my Ray Mark 3 and Ridley. I think the newcomers so far have been decent but not mind blowing. Mac baby is probably going to be my main though.(Surprise.)

I hope you're not wastng skill cards on him. Orpheus's stats are awful.

Fixededed.

Acid08

Banned
Now that Dangan Ronpa is done(might actually try to plat it slowly, seems pretty easy. Just time consuming.), I'm gonna jump back into P2IS.

And PK, that guide you posted is awesome. Simple to follow, nice to just be able to see the story and not have to worry about the boring and slow combat too much.

PK Gaming

Now that Dangan Ronpa is done(might actually try to plat it slowly, seems pretty easy. Just time consuming.), I'm gonna jump back into P2IS.

And PK, that guide you posted is awesome. Simple to follow, nice to just be able to see the story and not have to worry about the boring and slow combat too much.

tumblr_n1c772HvpN1spdy36o6_r1_250.gif

CorvoSol

I hope you're giving it some magic abilities at least. Orpheus's stats are awful for physical skills.

I always go magical anyway. Cuz SMT4 made me realize that if you can play an enemy's weakness you don't really need physical.

I thought you were crazy for playing through both paths simultaneously, but it seems like your having a great time.

lmao at Johnny Bravo Makoto. Downloading that to headcanon.

I really feel the best way to have fun with these SMT games is to just make up stuff as I go along. Like I found that axe in Tartarus and I was like OCTOBER SPOILERS
Okay, girlfriend's first real love is the axe user who is now in a coma, and that was only like, last week in the game, so yeah, she's probably bawling now.

Stuff like that makes RPGs more fun for me.

Caladrius

I always go magical anyway. Cuz SMT4 made me realize that if you can play an enemy's weakness you don't really need physical.

In Nocturne, Physical is actually superior because the way magic damage scales makes it less effective at higher levels

Also Devil Survivor 2 has amazing physical attackers, and the enemies that actually resist it in any capacity are few and far between. (And easily avoided if you take care to check what demons are in each enemy party)

Acid08

Banned
But... your answer's not actually going to make a P3G spring into existence or cause PQ to be cancelled.
Take that serious hat off for a second and maybe try to have a giggle or something, m8.

I hope P3Platinum happens. If it does it's likely not to happen until 5 is out. When is the last P3 movie supposed to come out?

I see nothing wrong with both, I didn't mean have P3G at the expense of PQ.
It was just a fun random thought is all.

P3G would be cool because that means having the PS2 version with some extras here and there. I don't expect them to add in the female for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom