• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

Very poor hypothetical, given we're getting Persona Q for sure. Personally, if they do a new version of Persona 3, I'd want it to be more significant then just the minor additions they've done so far for the remakes. Something along the lines of the Tatsuya Scenario on P2EP.

Very poor hypothetical, given we're getting Persona Q for sure. Personally, if they do a new version of Persona 3, I'd want it to be more significant then just the minor additions they've done so far for the remakes. Something along the lines of the Tatsuya Scenario on P2EP.

Koromaru Scenario.

*cue 10 million copies sold*

Meia

But... your answer's not actually going to make a P3G spring into existence or cause PQ to be cancelled.

Since it's different teams it's also a silly hypothetical. :p

Now the real comparison might be would you rather have P3G or P5?

*still think we'll get P3G after P5 launches*

That would really be cool but I don't expect it tbh. But if they did do it add in the female from P3P but with all the effects that the PS2 version had.

Koromaru Scenario.

*cue 10 million copies sold*

That would be nice actually.

FluxWaveZ

The point of my hypothetical wasn't based on reality, it was merely to see if the person in question would rather obtain Persona Q or a Persona 3 remake.

Since it's different teams it's also a silly hypothetical. :p

Now the real comparison might be would you rather have P3G or P5?

But what does a question like that achieve when the answers would be obvious? Unless someone would actually want P3G over P5.

PK Gaming

Indeed

I've honestly gained a new appreciation for Persona 3 after listening to the Persona 3 Drama CDs. I want them to incorporate "New Moon" and "Full Moon" if they ever decide to revisit P3. They're arguably some of the best parts P3, and it's a damn shame that few people got to experience them in full.

arue

Take that serious hat off for a second and maybe try to have a giggle or something, m8.

I hope P3Platinum happens. If it does it's likely not to happen until 5 is out. When is the last P3 movie supposed to come out?

EDIT: I derped and typed 2015 instead of 2014.

The last P3 movie is probably coming out late fall or winter 2014, since the second one is coming out early summer. There's no real info for the last or third P3 movie yet.

I also hope for a definitive version of P3 after P5; with some stuff added from the drama CD if they can.

Moonlight

Banned
Indeed

I've honestly gained a new appreciation for Persona 3 after listening to the Persona 3 Drama CDs. I want them to incorporate "New Moon" and "Full Moon" if they ever decide to revisit P3. They're arguably some of the best parts P3, and it's a damn shame that few people got to experience them in full.
Integrating the audio drama content directly into the game would be fucking phenomenal.

(also a change that the P3 port could do: replace Kenji with Junpei or something, and Nozomi with Shinjiro. God dammit, the gulf between these two links are insane.)

PK Gaming

Integrating the audio drama content directly into the game would be fucking phenomenal.

(also a change that the P3 port could do: replace Kenji with Junpei or something, and Nozomi with Shinjiro. God dammit, the gulf between these two links are insane.)

giphy.gif

CorvoSol

1. Ryoji sharing a voice actor with Yosuke ruins any hope he has of coming across as smooth.

2. GOD DAMMIT RYOJI YUKARI AND MITSURU WERE HAVING A MOMENT. NO BOYS IN THE GARDEN.

Acid08

Banned
EDIT: I derped and typed 2015 instead of 2014.

The last P3 movie is probably coming out late fall or winter 2014, since the second one is coming out early summer. There's no real info for the last or third P3 movie yet.

I also hope for a definitive version of P3 after P5; with some stuff added from the drama CD if they can.
Hmmm. So P5 and the last P3 movie come out around the same time. P3Vita announced alongside the home release for the last movie. Movie+game combo packs happening. Late 2015 in the US. Someone hire me to get these deals done.

I realized that FOEs in PQ might not be as threatening as in EO, as the One More system (it is still using a variant of the One More system right?) should allow you to draft a party to counter their every move.
Ready to eat my words with a nice helping of Megido.

My only question now is if they're still including the floor jumping from Untold. It's usually easy to run past them, but there are some cases where you can be cornered. In the old games, this required you to use a cheap item to warp you out, but if you forgot to buy them, you were screwed and deserved it. Untold made it so you could eventually just warp out without any consequences.

I'm currently playing Untold. I've reached the third stratum, and I haven't needed to use the inn at all because I keep abusing the free HP/TP heals from the soldier and from the spring in the dungeon. It almost feels like cheating.

Lunar15

I realized that FOEs in PQ might not be as threatening as in EO, as the One More system (it is still using a variant of the One More system right?) should allow you to draft a party to counter their every move.

I'm currently playing Untold. I've reached the third stratum, and I haven't needed to use the inn at all because I keep abusing the free HP/TP heals from the soldier and from the spring in the dungeon. It almost feels like cheating.

It actually doesn't use one more, as far as I know. It's using a Boost Meter that fills when you hit the right element.

Sophia

It's not using the One More system. It has another system in place for weaknesses where you build up a meter instead.

CorvoSol

P3P NOVEMBER SPOILERS OF A SORT

Oh God. Shinji's only been in a coma, and now Clara has found herself in Akihiko's arms. They came together out of a mutual need for comfort, but can she really hook up with her first love's best friend only a month after he got shot? What should she do?

NEXT TIME, ON DAYS OF OUR PERSONA:

Ken has a feathered secret he's been keeping from the rest of the gang! But Koromaru knows a stool pigeon when he smells one!

CorvoSol

She did it. Because this is a soap opera. The entirety of P3 is actually a soap opera that Isabeau is watching on a DVD she found while she and Flynn were plundering Tokyo.

PK Gaming

Oh God. Shinji's only been in a coma, and now Clara has found herself in Akihiko's arms. They came together out of a mutual need for comfort, but can she really hook up with her first love's best friend only a month after he got shot? What should she do?

Ken has a feathered secret he's been keeping from the rest of the gang! But Koromaru knows a stool pigeon when he smells one!

For the love of god, someone adapt this into a comic

Caladrius

What if P5 is about a serial killer who forges social links just to get a thrill off of the anguish of the people he makes "friends" with and eventually kills

If we ever do get a P3 equivalent to P4G, I'd really want some of the audio drama content to be added in. After checking out New Moon and Full Moon, goddamn I wish that stuff was in game

Soma

Who here likes Isabeau's design in SMT 4, because in my opinion I think she really has a great design.
i liked hers and Jonathon's mostly because he reminded me of Cedric from At the Drive-In.

everyone else's design ranged from decent to boring. rip kaneko

0VFX9mX.png

There were a bunch of people on my personashadows tumblr asking me to draw Personas for all those guys, this was my first attempt. Not really happy with it, turned out looking kinda like a Mexican bandido (which was actually not the intention at all), so I'm probably gonna scrap it. Just trying to get a feel for Personas right now.

Just felt like sharing the chicken scratchings because I didn't want them to go to waste.

Folks, that was his REJECTED ideas.

Seriously, shop your talent around to somebody making an RPG, put some pizazz in the art direction of some upcoming epic.

Then Catherine exists in that world too... *posts snowglobe pic*

Who here likes Isabeau's design in SMT 4, because in my opinion I think she really has a great design.

I warmed up to the character very quickly when I heard the personality and dialogue; helped immensely to overcome that "I cut my own hair" look going on there.

Caladrius

0VFX9mX.png

There were a bunch of people on my personashadows tumblr asking me to draw Personas for all those guys, this was my first attempt. Not really happy with it, turned out looking kinda like a Mexican bandido (which was actually not the intention at all), so I'm probably gonna scrap it. Just trying to get a feel for Personas right now.

Just felt like sharing the chicken scratchings because I didn't want them to go to waste.

Have you played Digital Devil Saga?

I'm getting major vibes.

So P4 GOLDEN SPOILERS BIG TIME
Adachi's Social Link the game?

I was hoping it would be Teddie instead.

His calling card would be a sharpened Topsicle stick.

Should have done that for 4 would have been interesting.

I think that'd be a very cool (and disturbing) B-side to Narukami's story. Just have two protagonists that are foils.

Gazoinks

0VFX9mX.png

Rejected though it may be, this is still a really cool design. Have you done any character or monster designs professionally? You've definitely got an eye for it.

Caladrius

The word Topsicle just makes me really happy. I don't know why they didn't say popsicle instead, but I love topsicle so much more.
It really is the best.

But there aren't any other guys to romance, are there? I keep expecting Junpei to confess his love in Rank 10, but I dunno. So far I don't even think FeMC has any other male SLinks. Sun, I guess?
*Snrk*

78387-Dis-gon-b-gud-gif--This-is-gon-sWM8.gif

Please, no one spoil it for him.
*snrking intensifies*

Folks, that was his REJECTED ideas.

Seriously, shop your talent around to somebody making an RPG, put some pizazz in the art direction of some upcoming epic.
You say it like it's so easy. That said, I think I prefer to keep my fun stuff what it is--idle fun stuff. Thanks though.

Have you played Digital Devil Saga?

I'm getting major vibes.
No, but I have researched tons of MegaTen stuff for this and the Shadows I did to try to keep it thematically consistent.

Me, I think it gives off a more P2 feel. I don't know.

Rejected though it may be, this is still a really cool design. Have you done any character or monster designs professionally? You've definitely got an eye for it.
Thanks, but no, not for any professional thing that's actually been released anyway.

CorvoSol

Wait, I guess there's still . . .
Pharos/Ryoji. Because I mean, this time for sure these characters are the same guy.
So I guess that could be a thing?

Something ominous about all this.

Top Bottom