• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
i liked hers and Jonathon's mostly because he reminded me of Cedric from At the Drive-In.

everyone else's design ranged from decent to boring. rip kaneko

And The Mars Volta ;P

I hadn't really noticed that before...

Isabeau's design is cool, even with those goofy ears. ;p

You know when I first played Persona 3 and Agis was introduced I thought I would have not liked her character, but damn did that change when the game progressed. I mean she's like one of my most favorite characters, it just goes to show how good her character was written and that you shouldn't take haste in judgement.

CorvoSol

Isabeau was okay, sure, but Nozomi she wasn't. How a 2-bit, 1-scene wonder like KAGA got her own artwork but not Nozomi I'll never know.

You know when I first played Persona 3 and Agis was introduced I thought I would have not liked her character, but damn did that change when the game progressed. I mean she's like one of my most favorite characters, it just goes to show how good her character was written and that you shouldn't take haste in judgement.

I thought she was crap in OG P3, slightly improved but still mediocre in P3FES The Journey, greatly improved in P3FES The Answer, and vastly improved in P4A!

Zebetite

Banned

I remember when Kanji was first first first introduced in Persona 4, I remarked, "Great, a stereotypical tough guy character. Grr I'm so tough. How exciting."

So glad I was wrong!

Meia

in case you were concerned about it not happening or something, Michelle Ruff confirmed she'll be voicing Yukari in P4AU and future products.

Which also means the movie whenever that finally gets dubbed. Well, probably? I mean, figured the whole cast would have been a sure thing with P4 too with the anime, and, well...

At any rate, good news. New Fuuka sounded similar just with better delivery, couldn't picture a new Yukari...

Moonlight

Banned
Which also means the movie whenever that finally gets dubbed. Well, probably? I mean, figured the whole cast would have been a sure thing with P4 too with the anime, and, well...

At any rate, good news. New Fuuka sounded similar just with better delivery, couldn't picture a new Yukari...
For sure. I'd be majorly disappointed if they wound up replacing her for whatever reason. Her and Vic Mignogna's performances were both something that instantly clicked with me the moment I heard them, and made me feel way more confident about P3 as a result.

in case you were concerned about it not happening or something, Michelle Ruff confirmed she'll be voicing Yukari in P4AU and future products.

tumblr_lsemkc0nwt1qetmqsst.gif

I'm so very happy to hear this news! Now as long as they get Vic Mignogna back to play Junpei, I will be completely satisfied. <3

When I talked to Vic at FanExpo last year he said he'd be interesting in returning to the role, so he'd probably be down for it (barring a Troy Baker-style scheduling conflict).

AHHHHHHH, PersonaGaf, I can't hold off any longer. Im starting Persona 3 today for the very first time.

Any suggestions on what social links i def should check out? Also, which ones should I avoid.

kewlmyc

Slightly related to Persona, but trying to understand guides to get me to the neutral ending of SMT IV is giving me a headache. I just going to pick whatever choices I want and get whatever ending I get.

Also nice KLK X Persona art. Not sure how each KLK character relates to their Persona counterpart, must be just looks.

AHHHHHHH, PersonaGaf, I can't hold off any longer. Im starting Persona 3 today for the very first time.

Any suggestions on what social links i def should check out? Also, which ones should I avoid.

MC or FeMC?

I still cant believe that there is a guy called "Nozomi". That's a girls name, isn't it?

Super excited. P4 is my second favorite game of all time. I played it 2 years ago. Can't wait to jump back into the Persona universe.

kewlmyc

Going with FES, so i guess I can only play with the male?

I won't tell you to skip any, but Persona wise, don't miss out on Star. Storywise, Sun is probably the best Male slink, but could be a pain to unlock. Make sure you get your Courage, Charm, and Academics maxed or else you can't social link Fuuka (courage), Yukari (charm), and Mitsuru (academics). Fuuka is available to s.link as soon as she joins your party, Yukari is available starting August iirc, and Mitsuru is available starting November

Im super excited. I always said i wouldn't touch Persona 3 until they announced P5.

I must admit, im slightly biased towards mitsuru in a negative way, due to her being so overpowered in Arena lol.

I won't tell you to skip any, but Persona wise, don't miss out on Star. Storywise, Sun is probably the best Male slink, but could be a pain to unlock. Make sure you get your Courage, Charm, and Academics maxed or else you can't social link Fuuka (courage), Yukari (charm), and Mitsuru (academics). Fuuka is available to s.link as soon as she joins your party, Yukari is available starting August iirc, and Mitsuru is available starting November

Thanks for the detailed response. Ill keep this post for reference.

Sun looks like Orochimaru.

With P3 FES. I own it on PS2 and was originally going to play it on my 60gb PS3. However, I noticed that using an emulator to run the disc will give me true 16:9 and make the graphics super high quality.(Almost HD comparable).

Has anyone played P3 on a emu? If so, were there any ground breaking bugs. (PCSX2)

With P3 FES. I own it on PS2 and was originally going to play it on my 60gb PS3. However, I noticed that using an emulator to run the disc will give me true 16:9 and make the graphics super high quality.(Almost HD comparable).

Has anyone played P3 on a emu? If so, were there any ground breaking bugs. (PCSX2)

I have. The game runs well assuming you have a good computer to run it. The only issue is the shadows look weird.

I have. The game runs well assuming you have a good computer to run it. The only issue is the shadows look weird.

Thanks. I recently got a new PC which is pretty decent. I guess i'll play P3 on it. I doubt the shadow thing will bother me. You do mean the character's reflective shadows on the floor, and not the actual Shadow versions of the characters themselves right?

PK Gaming

Pretty much. I'd take a complete version of P3 over any of the spinoffs though.

I think, basically, he's an awful homophobe.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the many uncorroborated rumors about him.

Supposedly, Vic has stated that some of the "obviously-gay-but-not-explicitly-stated" characters that he voiced were not gay.

...Which hardly makes him a bible thumping homophobe.

He addresses the allegations against him in a 9 part youtube video

Levito

Banned
I'm pretty sure that's one of the many uncorroborated rumors about him.

Supposedly, Vic has stated that some of the "obviously-gay-but-not-explicitly-stated" characters that he voiced were not gay.

...Which hardly makes him a bible thumping homophobe.

You know what's not an uncorroborated rumor? Him repeatedly kissing girls young enough to be his daughter.

Think you have to ask yourself, why do no other VO people have these "rumors" like these circulating them?

PK Gaming

You know what's not an uncorroborated rumor? Him repeatedly kissing girls young enough to be his daughter.

Think you have to ask yourself, why do no other VO people have these "rumors" circulating them?

I won't deny that those kisses were sketchy as hell, but it's important to separate the truth from falsehoods. Like, even if was the biggest douchebag ever, it's still not right to call him out on things he didn't do. I just want to stress that it's dangerous to blindly buy into every rumor that's been said about him.

Levito

Banned
I won't deny that those kisses were sketchy as hell, but it's important to separate the truth from falsehoods. Like, even if was the biggest douchebag ever, it's still not right to call him out on things he didn't do. I just want to stress that it's dangerous to blindly buy into every rumor that's been said about him.

Just as it's dangerous to 'blindly' by into one side of the conversation. That video you linked was like a politician apologizing for getting caught doing something they shouldn't be doing.

For the record, I *do not* buy into every rumor about him. Ever hear about the one where he fell in love with one of his competitors on Star Search(yes, he was on that show) and chased them around the country?

Glad I can separate the voices from the people!

Most people do, right now I'm watching FMA Brotherhood, in which Vic plays the lead. I could've watched the sub, but still stuck with the dubs. He's a really good actor.

PK Gaming

Just as it's dangerous to 'blindly' by into one side of the conversation. That video you linked was like a politician apologizing for getting caught doing something they shouldn't be doing.

For the record, I *do not* buy into every rumor about him. Ever hear about the one where he fell in love with one of his competitors on Star Search(yes, he was on that show) and chased them around the country?

Fair enough

Found this gem on Reddit, thought I'd share.

MM7RUyb.jpg

Can't believe how awesome the KLK characters look here. Nui-Teddie is nightmare fuel, though.

Very cool

Top Bottom