• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Caladrius

So the infamous NeoGAF waiting list isn't as long as I thought, only a month from signing up and now I can post! Huzzah!

Hows it going PersonaGAF? Been following this bunch of threads since OT2, was going to sign up before the November announcements but finding a usable e-mail was a chore.

I suppose I'd better show my credentials, I've played P2:IS, P3Fes, P3P, P4, P4G and P4U. I've also seen the animation and am super excited for the movie (although being from England, getting it will be a pain). Also, Catherine was my first Atlus game, never finished it though.

Anyhoo, glad to finally be able to join the conversation on here after watching so long from afar, anything you guys/gals want to know about me just ask away. (PS Yurlungur is my avatar because thats the Persona I'm mainly using in P3P at the moment, FemC route in January, expect it to change fairly often).

So enough rambling, back to waiting for the EU releases of P5 P4AU PQ and P4D in 2017 XD.

Rean.

Welcome to the to Uguu~ Saloon, how kawaii are you? *cracks knuckles*

Yurlungur is one of my favorite demons.

Well, it finally happened, my account activated! I have been lurking personaGAF since the beginning of OT2. It's nice to finally be able to post, so hello!

Hello that!

FluxWaveZ

And yeah, Chie's 5A is indeed +/-0. Not that it's that much worse than +1, but it'll at least make her blockstrings less intense, with situations where a DP is the only (potential) escape.

Just looking at stuff that interests me in here so far... S Lab's 2B is 5 frames faster now, making it at least usable (which is necessary given Aterius' 2C/8C inversion), but the recovery frames are 5 frames slower and it's -11 on block now (when it was just -4 before), so it's really an anti-air only option and not something to be used in a random blockstring.

Pretty much the same for Labrys, but her 2B for axe level 1 is still 17 frames startup.

Nachos

Ow87FlX.jpg

Man, I really like the design, but not their use of it. I just hope Atlus USA has access to that design, though, because it could make for either a cool special edition or for a cool cover for a pack-in CD.

Well, it finally happened, my account activated! I have been lurking personaGAF since the beginning of OT2. It's nice to finally be able to post, so hello!
Welcome!

So the infamous NeoGAF waiting list isn't as long as I thought, only a month from signing up and now I can post! Huzzah!

Hows it going PersonaGAF? Been following this bunch of threads since OT2, was going to sign up before the November announcements but finding a usable e-mail was a chore.

I suppose I'd better show my credentials, I've played P2:IS, P3Fes, P3P, P4, P4G and P4U. I've also seen the animation and am super excited for the movie (although being from England, getting it will be a pain). Also, Catherine was my first Atlus game, never finished it though.

Anyhoo, glad to finally be able to join the conversation on here after watching so long from afar, anything you guys/gals want to know about me just ask away. (PS Yurlungur is my avatar because thats the Persona I'm mainly using in P3P at the moment, FemC route in January, expect it to change fairly often).

So enough rambling, back to waiting for the EU releases of P5 P4AU PQ and P4D in 2017 XD.

Rean.

You, too! Is your name meant to be misspelled, though?

Also, finish Catherine.

Rhapsody

Banned
And yeah, Chie's 5A is indeed +/-0. Not that it's that much worse than +1, but it'll at least make her blockstrings less intense, with situations where a DP is the only (potential) escape.

Just looking at stuff that interests me in here so far... S Lab's 2B is 5 frames faster now, making it at least usable (which is necessary given Aterius' 2C/8C inversion), but the recovery frames are 5 frames slower and it's -11 on block now (when it was just -4 before), so it's really an anti-air only option and not something to be used in a random blockstring.

Pretty much the same for Labrys, but her 2B for axe level 1 is still 17 frames startup.
The one frame difference makes me happy, despite how small it sounds.
Much harder for her to maintain dash 5A pressure after IBing.

CorvoSol

Makoto wishes he could dick these.

I have the standard brushed aluminum version from a few years back, though, and it's pretty cool, too.

EDIT: I meant to type "rock," but considering your Makoto's character, I'll just keep it as-is.

When Makoto goes to purchase headphones, the receipt probably reads "But you're still just acquaintances." He plugs them in to his Zune (because he's too alternative to use an iPod) and the only sound that comes out is "YOU CAN'T FUCK ME YET YOU CAN'T FUCK ME YET YOU CAN'T"

PQ-FOE-Enemies-More-600x335.jpg

Yu: Hey I think I found your friend's fanfiction.
Spike: Y-you did? What's it like?
Yu: It's bad man. It's really, really bad.

Yu knows this on account of the punctuation and having read a few bad books in his time.

It was fairly generic until the moment it let me climb stark naked atop a boulder and traumatize a group of teenage girls forever.

Its a lot more fun when you can play
Metal Gear Bathhouse.
Better than "lolol the guys walked in on us by accident better physically assault them."

I saw Golden's on youtube and Atlus pls no.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
So it seems like a bunch of people's accounts, including mine, were activated today :)
I've been lurking here since before the big november reveal and now I can join the fun!
Haven't done the whole forum thing since before p4a came out so let me know if I pull a no-no

Yoroshiku!

arue

So it seems like a bunch of people's accounts, including mine, were activated today :)
I've been lurking here since before the big november reveal and now I can join the fun!
Haven't done the whole forum thing since before p4a came out so let me know if I pull a no-no

Yoroshiku!

Welcome newcomers! There are lots of them today.

Also RedGraveXIII, your image wasn't working, but I fixed it in the quote above.

Love that picture btw :p

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Welcome newcomers! There are lots of them today.

Also RedGraveXIII, your image wasn't working, but I fixed it in the quote above.

Love that picture btw :p

lol thanks, I love your avatar as well, Makoto's pretty much my favorite persona character
he's too damn goodlooking

Hello new people!

Oh I know. But I also knew that once names came into it, someone would say something like:

Your love of Rise causes responses like these, Smedwicks. Don't drag me down with you!

I don't even know what that w word means.

And wow, lots of new people! Welcome!

CorvoSol

Persona 1

So we're completely clear, Nanjo, Kei, Mark and Hero are the main characters for the SEBEC route, right? I only get to choose my 5th party member?

Persona 1

So we're completely clear, Nanjo, MAKI, Mark and Hero are the main characters for the SEBEC route, right? I only get to choose my 5th party member?

Yes. Did you start yet? If not, I recommend the secret party member, Reiji. If you got even outside of the school the first time, it is too late.

That way, for the SEBEC route, you can take MC, Nanjo, Maki, Nanjo, Mark, and Reiji for the SEBEC path, and MC, Ayase, Yukino, Brown and Ayase for The Snow Queen route.

I'll post how to get him if you did not start the game yet, or are not that far. It is worth it because he is strong and he adds extra story to the game.

For the people who's finished Dangan Ronpa 1 how high would you rate it 1-10.
Story-characters wise definitely 10
The gameplay 7/8. It was kinda fun but nothing special. The 2nd game seems like it will be more interesting in that regard.
Also the story-characters in the 2nd are imho way better than the first. About 13 out of 10 I'd say.

CorvoSol

Yes. Did you start yet? If not, I recommend the secret party member, Reiji. If you got even outside of the school the first time, it is too late.

That way, for the SEBEC route, you can take MC, Nanjo, Maki, Nanjo, Mark, and Reiji for the SEBEC path, and MC, Ayase, Yukino, Brown and Ayase for The Snow Queen route.

I'll post how to get him if you did not start the game yet, or are not that far. It is worth it because he is strong and he adds extra story to the game.

Haha I already restarted the game once, but if he's really worth it I can restart again, since I'm only in the hospital. So sure, lay it on me, I guess.

Haha I already restarted the game once, but if he's really worth it I can restart again, since I'm only in the hospital. So sure, lay it on me, I guess.

Follow this to a T, even the part where it says just talk to his mom ONCE, not once more. There is no reason why talking to her more than once should make you fail to get him, cuz she just repeats her dialog, but talking to her twice will make you fail to recruit him.

http://persona1.wikidot.com/reiji

He looks really stupid, and hes a jerk, but he turns into a huge bro, and his Persona is great.

Welcome to the to Uguu~ Saloon, how kawaii are you? *cracks knuckles*
Uhhhh.... Is there a safe answer to this?

You, too! Is your name meant to be misspelled, though?

Also, finish Catherine.

Yeah it's meant to be that way, I'll tell the story when I'm not at work replying on a phone. With Catherine I got so stuck on the puzzles that I ended up looking up how to do them and it sucked all the fun out of the game, I may have to revisit it though.

Also, dantis, smedwicks, gazoinks, arue, Pk, rhapsody and red the hunter, thanks for the welcomes, I always had a feeling this was a friendly group, thanks for confirming.

Only 2.5 hours of work left. Then I can actually respond properly rather than spending half an hour typing this out on my phone!

9/10 or so. Mondo has joined my pantheon of "awesome fictional characters."

Oh, and I guess the rest of them aren't bad either.

On an entirely different subject, boy are there a lot of new people coming here as of late. Hope you folks enjoy your stay in Crazytown!

CorvoSol

Follow this to a T, even the part where it says just talk to his mom ONCE, not once more. There is no reason why talking to her more than once should make you fail to get him, cuz she just repeats her dialog, but talking to her twice will make you fail to recruit him.

http://persona1.wikidot.com/reiji

He looks really stupid, and hes a jerk, but he turns into a huge bro, and his Persona is great.

Awright. I've recruited him. I had been going for Elly cuz this party is a major sausage fest, but what the hell. P1 is now Brosona.

Nachos

Boy, howdy!

With Catherine I got so stuck on the puzzles that I ended up looking up how to do them and it sucked all the fun out of the game, I may have to revisit it though.

Just let all your kawaii-ness be free, like a super-deformed butterfly that inspires all sorts of creepy fan-art~.

And yeah, I can see that. I'm curious, though; did the story just not hook you enough to want to blow through the game on easy?

I'll be an outlier and say about a 6.5/10, with a 5 being average. I liked a few characters, but overall, I was more interested in the foundation it established than the actual execution. That said, I'm excited for 2, since it's apparently a big jump in quality.

When Makoto goes to purchase headphones, the receipt probably reads "But you're still just acquaintances." He plugs them in to his Zune (because he's too alternative to use an iPod) and the only sound that comes out is "YOU CAN'T FUCK ME YET YOU CAN'T FUCK ME YET YOU CAN'T"

My god, imagine if the lyrics to the rap magically changed to start clowning on him...

Brother, looks like the color of your hair
Reflects all that blue-ness down there.
As if you could forget how hard you blew,
Now your body's makin' a fool outta you!
So you brandish your sullen face 'round this turf,
Not realizing you look like a goddamn smurf.
The thirst is real; you need your drink --
Yet you get shit-all from your s.links.
You'll never compare to your sis Clara,
'Cause you're video game Michael Cera.
It's bad when robot girl's more charismatic,
'Specially when she's strictly automatic.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Awright. I've recruited him. I had been going for Elly cuz this party is a major sausage fest, but what the hell. P1 is now Brosona.

Are you doing the sebec route? Damn, I need to start playing p1 again

btw guys, is it just me or is pokemon x/y like the greatest thing ever, I CAN'T STOP PLAYING

Levito

Banned
Few rules for the new people:

-No console wars/port begging talk. We all know Persona 5 is a 3DS exclusive, that's the end of it

-Don't suggest anime to Dantis, it's a touchy subject

-Waifu talk is allow, but just know that it usually ends with Chie is best girl

-If you're going to post here, that means you are required to attend EVO 2014 in Las Vegas with us. Evo is a cage fighting tournament, and we're all taking part in a grand prix. Hope you hespect brazil

-You must accept The Rock as a canon Persona character

-Most of my posts are often snarky, and should not be taken seriously

CorvoSol

and then The Snow Queen quest will mostly be a gurl party+ dickhead Brown

So does this mean I have to play the game twice to get the full story?

Are you doing the sebec route? Damn, I need to start playing p1 again

btw guys, is it just me or is pokemon x/y like the greatest thing ever, I CAN'T STOP PLAYING

I think I'd play more XY if I didn't get kinda stuck grinding. Somehow XP rates crashed back to abysmal areas. That or I'm too strong for this part of the game.

My god, imagine if the lyrics to the rap magically changed to start clowning on him...

Being Makoto is suffering. Hard to look as cool as Yu Narukami when the Gods keep trying to cock-block you.

Few rules for the new people:

-Don't suggest anime to Dantis, it's a touchy subject

WOOPS.

Caladrius

Seriously though don't ever port beg.

There will be pain.

Well I could never do anything scarier than offering my disapproval
So any answer will do.

I think I'd play more XY if I didn't get kinda stuck grinding. Somehow XP rates crashed back to abysmal areas. That or I'm too strong for this part of the game.

Did you turn the EXP share off? I've never heard of anyone needing to grind.

Being Makoto is suffering. Hard to look as cool as Yu Narukami when the Gods keep trying to cock-block you.

WOOPS.

Sorta kinda

Dantis

I dunno so much that I suggested it as I referenced it. I sort of take it for granted on GAF that people watch anime, though, I suppose.

Oh, I know what you're referring to.

It's not so much that it's a touchy subject as it is a waste of time and usually ends up in a very off topic and heated debate.

Boy, howdy!

Just let all your kawaii-ness be free, like a super-deformed butterfly that inspires all sorts of creepy fan-art~.

And yeah, I can see that. I'm curious, though; did the story just not hook you enough to want to blow through the game on easy?

I'll be an outlier and say about a 6.5/10, with a 5 being average. I liked a few characters, but overall, I was more interested in the foundation it established than the actual execution. That said, I'm excited for 2, since it's apparently a big jump in quality.

Yo Clara (Minako) wishes she had swag like Makoto,
which is why she's canon jk
I mean he's so boss he doesn't need to try and get girls, he's already got Mitsuru.

CorvoSol

Oh, I know what you're referring to.

It's not so much that it's a touchy subject as it is a waste of time and usually ends up in a very off topic and heated debate.

Makes sense. Considering how much the anime thread gets into heated debates, I'm appreciative of this.

Yo Clara (Minako) wishes she had swag like Makoto,
which is why she's canon jk
I mean he's so boss he doesn't need to try and get girls, he's already got Mitsuru.

Makoto's whole life is trying to get girls. "Oh Yuko needs help training little kids? Sure, I'll do that, since maybe it'll get me laid." "I should get a job at Cafe' Chagall, because it might help me score with Yukari." "I need to study so I can jump Mitsuru Senpai's bones." "Why do I eat? So I can be brave enough to have sex with Fuuka." "Yeah, okay, I'll go to Student Council . . . so I can hit on the treasurer."

Dude's whole life is about getting a girl. Which is understandable, since he's a teenage boy.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
So is anyone else picking up the Final Fantasy X HD collection on tuesday?
It was a hard choice between that or MGS Ground Zeroes but seeing as I'm already well versed in MGSI decided to go with FFX since I've never played. Shame on me I know :p
going to get it for the vita since portable jrpgs are amazing!

Dantis

It was a hard choice between that or MGS Ground Zeroes but seeing as I'm already well versed in MGSI decided to go with FFX since I've never played. Shame on me I know :p

Preordered it today!

First Vita game I've bought in a long while. I'm in the UK though, so I won't get it until Friday.

I kinda wish I'd bought DanganRonpa to support NISA and Chunsoft, but whatever.

Rhapsody

Banned

Going to pass for a bit. I haven't even opened my KH1.5 yet. I have other FFs I want to replay before returning to X again.

Nachos

Makoto's whole life is trying to get girls. "Oh Yuko needs help training little kids? Sure, I'll do that, since maybe it'll get me laid." "I should get a job at Cafe' Chagall, because it might help me score with Yukari." "I need to study so I can jump Mitsuru Senpai's bones." "Why do I eat? So I can be brave enough to have sex with Fuuka." "Yeah, okay, I'll go to Student Council . . . so I can hit on the treasurer."

Dude's whole life is about getting a girl. Which is understandable, since he's a teenage boy.

He probably keeps his hands in his pockets to make sure he still has his condoms there, since those'll be the only thing he'll end up losing.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Preordered it today!

First Vita game I've bought in a long while. I'm in the UK though, so I won't get it until Friday.

I kinda wish I'd bought DanganRonpa to support NISA and Chunsoft, but whatever.

We should share our impressions of it!

Yeah tell me about it, the last game I bought for the vita was p4g haha. I love the vita but there just aren't enough games for it other than ports. Oh well, at least I can have the entire Persona series on it so that's nice.
I would have bought DanganRonpa but i already played the psp translation

Omikaru

Yup. Next week is pretty busy for me. Getting FFX HD for Vita, and Ground Zeroes + inFamous for PS4.

I have no time to play all these games. *boots up FFXIV*

Top Bottom