• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Mononoke

Banned
So that 10 hours has turned into 35 hours in Persona 4 Golden. Meh god. I'm about to pass my 45 hours in FES. Someone needs to intervene me. I wonder which game I'll end up beating first. :/ I love how I have South Park Stick of Truth and Titanfall, and all this other stuff I need to be playing. But nope. Just going to throw in hour upon hours into Persona.

I'm about to try to watch Persona Trinity Soul, one of the only things labeled persona I haven't touched. I can only hope that is not near as bad as I have been told.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm about to try to watch Persona Trinity Soul, one of the only things labeled persona I haven't touched. I can only hope that is not near as bad as I have been told.

Only thing I enjoyed was the mood and the OP. Some people here actually got some enjoyment out of it, but this is Persona GAF after all...

Mononoke

Banned
Stupid question, but how is the Persona 3 movie? I really know nothing about it. Is it available to buy yet (with English subs)? Is it actually good, or more like the Persona 4 Anime (was fun, but pretty much just serviceable). And lastly, is it a complete take on the story?

I guess I could just look this up lol

Stupid question, but how is the Persona 3 movie? I really know nothing about it. Is it available to buy yet (with English subs)? Is it actually good, or more like the Persona 4 Anime (was fun, but pretty much just serviceable). And lastly, is it a complete take on the story?

As far as I know its not out to buy yet, English subs or otherwise. Its the first movie of a trilogy showing the story of P3 and it goes up until the start of the Yakushima trip.

We'll it will get a Blu Ray release in May, but it's only a Japanese release, and will most likely be just Japanese subtitles, though I can't confirm this. But I think we won't see english subtitles until we have a release over here. Though who will release it over here is the question.
Please don't be Aniplex.*welp*

Some of the reviews I have seen said that it was a pretty good adaptation, the blu-ray is coming out in May in Japan. Comapared the Persona 4 anime it definitely has better animation.

Only thing I enjoyed was the mood and the OP. Some people here actually got some enjoyment out of it, but this is Persona GAF after all...
That's actually one of the only good things I've heard about it is the OP, but maybe I'll enjoy it because I have enjoyed some crap anime before.

It is tragic because it is not terrible, or so terrible its hilarious, its just boring. I do want to see it to the end though, I will pick it back up again eventually, and maybe even stream it!

Rhapsody

Banned

I heard it was pretty good. How good I don't know, but the BD comes out May 14th in Japan.
Here was a review I saw. http://neni-nipponica.tumblr.com/post/67942461135/movie-review-persona-3-the-movie-1-spring-of

Edit: The review already says it, but I'll write it here. There are some spoilers in the review, so it'll be best to just avoid if you haven't finished the game.

It is tragic because it is not terrible, or so terrible its hilarious, its just boring. I do want to see it to the end though, I will pick it back up again eventually, and maybe even stream it!

Yeah I have feeling that even if it is boring, I will finish it because I don't like to leave things hanging. Is there any amount of enjoyment in it though? I know it is set after P3, so are there any references?

Yeah I have feeling that even if it is boring, I will finish it because I don't like to leave things hanging. Is there any amount of enjoyment in it though? I know it is set after P3, so are there any references?

A few minor ones and one big one. The series is non canon though, BUT it gets a random minor reference in P4A.

Sophia

As far as I know its not out to buy yet, English subs or otherwise. Its the first movie of a trilogy showing the story of P3 and it goes up until the start of the Yakushima trip.

The Japanese release date for the first movie (Spring of Birth) is May 14, 2014 and it goes up to the Fuuka rescue event.

The second movie (Midsummer Knight's Dream) will start at the love hotel and is suppose to have a theatrical release this summer for Japan.

Ah ok thanks, I'm just now starting up the first episode, so I'm hoping for the best.

It doesn't feel much like Persona at all, and the plot is very hard to follow and the pacing is god awful, where it feels like nothing ever happens and then suddenly a ton of things happen all at once and it goes too fast for you to process, its so weird.

It doesn't feel much like Persona at all, and the plot is very hard to follow and the pacing is god awful, where it feels like nothing ever happens and then suddenly a ton of things happen all at once and it goes too fast for you to process, its so weird.
Some of that sounds a lot like Persona 3.

kewlmyc

The Japanese release date for the first movie (Spring of Birth) is May 14, 2014 and it goes up to the Fuuka rescue event.

The second movie (Midsummer Knight's Dream) will start at the love hotel and is suppose to have a theatrical release this summer for Japan.

That's one way to start off a movie, with a shower scene.

I'm starting to think that this will be 4 movies, one for each season.

CorvoSol

But isn't that exactly how P3 works?

Sophia

That's one way to start off a movie, with a shower scene.

I'm starting to think that this will be 4 movies, one for each season.

I doubt it. There are two ideal points to end the second movie at, those being (P3 SPOILERZ)
Ikutsuki's betrayal
or
Shinjiro's death
Both of which would mean three movies. Unless the second movie is like really really short. :p

And the second movie looks packed so far.

Huh.. I recall someone saying that the first movie ends with a certain characters reveal being the cliffhanger, guess I was misinformed.

Also with Michelle Ruff being the voice of Yukari for future endeavors and Karen Strassman saying she'd love to voice Aigis in the movie (as per the S.Link podcast, yeah I listen to that Levito, keep up the stellar work), is it possible for an English dub alongside the DVD/Blu Ray release?

Mononoke

Banned
We'll it will get a Blu Ray release in May, but it's only a Japanese release, and will most likely be just Japanese subtitles, though I can't confirm this. But I think we won't see english subtitles until we have a release over here. Though who will release it over here is the question.

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Guess I'll have to wait.

CorvoSol

It's a pity that they wasted Abrahamic Mythology on something so utterly average, At least there's Devil Survivor.

I sorta feel like a lot of Judeo-Christian/Abrahamic stuff doesn't look as cool as it could in Persona. Like Melchezidek is just some robot angel. Like they don't have two others. Coulda gone with a badass old dude. I mean him and Abraham going and beat the tar out of some dudes at one point in Genesis.

P3P DECEMBER TIME

After "teaching" Clara something involving his hands, Theo announced he would be breaking it off with her. I guess getting it on is a bit much to be keeping your job in the Velvet Room. Which explains why several years later Margaret won't be jumping Yu's bones. One assumes that a sweet guy like Theo was the absolute and utter definition of a gentleman the whole "lesson" but Marge is sort of not the kind of girl to sleep with a guy just because he gave her some nifty Pokemon cards.

Oh, and as a foot note, we can no longer ignore the fact that Makoto Bravo has, at long long last, scored. With Elizabeth, no less. The Gods, displeased with this act of defiance of their decree that Bravo not be allowed to bone, forbade her from leaving the Velvet Room ever again.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't think anything of any real note even happens until like half way through.
Yeah, iirc, pretty much nothing happens for the first half.

Even if it's Aniplex, I won't mind if the price is closer to Madoka movies. It's usually anything Type Moon related where the price is crazy high.

I just hope they don't make the BDs dub only. If they want to avoid reverse importation, make it something like subs will always be on during JP audio or something like some other companies do.

Do they glitter though?

butterfly_7.gif

I'm 23 and posting glittery butterflys on a forum, how did my life lead here?

Sophia

Huh.. I recall someone saying that the first movie ends with a certain characters reveal being the cliffhanger, guess I was misinformed.

Also with Michelle Ruff being the voice of Yukari for future endeavors and Karen Strassman saying she'd love to voice Aigis in the movie (as per the S.Link podcast, yeah I listen to that Levito, keep up the stellar work), is it possible for an English dub alongside the DVD/Blu Ray release?

It ends with the shot of Aigis waking up that you can see in the second movie trailer, apparently. Unless they've been producing the movie's dub in silent, I doubt we'll see an English dub with the Japanese release.

butterfly_7.gif

I'm 23 and posting glittery butterflys on a forum, how did my life lead here?

OMG BUTTERFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what Persona does to people.

You. Shut it. Butterflies are pretty. Persona or no Persona. :|

I remember when I was 23. Gosh dang. 2 years just plain gone.

Eh.. I can only hope that when I'm 25 I'm still the same as I am now, growing up is a pain. In my head I'm still the same game obsessed 18 year old, only now I have a real job.

This is what Persona does to people.

*sigh* Yep.... wouldn't have it any other way though.

It ends with the shot of Aigis waking up that you can see in the second movie trailer, apparently. Unless they've been producing the movie's dub in silent, I doubt we'll see an English dub with the Japanese release.

Ahh so I was only slightly wrong, anyway I just hope we see an English release ever! UK kinda sucks about this stuff, anything "asian" is considered niche without the squeenix logo on it, makes it hard to get hold of. My copy of P4G was literally the only one in my entire city at a retail shop.

I sorta feel like a lot of Judeo-Christian/Abrahamic stuff doesn't look as cool as it could in Persona. Like Melchezidek is just some robot angel. Like they don't have two others. Coulda gone with a badass old dude. I mean him and Abraham going and beat the tar out of some dudes at one point in Genesis.

P3P DECEMBER TIME

After "teaching" Clara something involving his hands, Theo announced he would be breaking it off with her. I guess getting it on is a bit much to be keeping your job in the Velvet Room. Which explains why several years later Margaret won't be jumping Yu's bones. One assumes that a sweet guy like Theo was the absolute and utter definition of a gentleman the whole "lesson" but Marge is sort of not the kind of girl to sleep with a guy just because he gave her some nifty Pokemon cards.

Oh, and as a foot note, we can no longer ignore the fact that Makoto Bravo has, at long long last, scored. With Elizabeth, no less. The Gods, displeased with this act of defiance of their decree that Bravo not be allowed to bone, forbade her from leaving the Velvet Room ever again.

Wait until Mitsuru's social link ending

The fights in Trinity Soul are actually pretty damn bad, the Personas are like, super see through, so you can barely see them, and fight scenes have bad camera angles and are super short.

Sophia

The fights in Trinity Soul are actually pretty damn bad, the Personas are like, super see through, so you can barely see them, and fight scenes have bad camera angles and are super short.

If it weren't for the poor fight scenes and the blatant contradicting of Persona 2/Persona 4 with some silly elements, Trinity Soul would actually be pretty good. I know we've discussed before how the actual plot story is pretty good.

If it weren't for the poor fight scenes and the blatant contradicting of Persona 2/Persona 4 with some silly elements, Trinity Soul would actually be pretty good. I know we've discussed before how the actual plot is pretty good.

The plot is bad, the ideas behind it are good, the pacing is TERRIBAD.

Top Bottom