• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

They should take the design off the front of it and just put Teddie wearing his Alice in Wonderland outfit on it

EDIT: Am I blind? Did they leave out the FeMC on the back?

Setsu00

Also, is that a piece of Soejima art that I spy? Is it the cover or what?

The lines are quite clean and while there are some color gradients, they are used more carefully than in the the previous illustrations. Couple that with the huge resemblance to to the SD characters Soejima did for the website, I guess it's safe to say that it is a Soejima piece.

And yes, it's the cover art.

FluxWaveZ

I like the back of the PQ 3DS XL alright, but I'm not into that text on the front at all (or the whole thing's vertical orientation). Oh well.

tuV9M4v.png

I got bored, so I made this mock-up of how PQ's cover will look like.
Is it terrible?

arue

Welcome RockderBanja!

That 3DS design is better than I expected! The front being the compendium made it so much better. Plus, I love the color blue.

I really want it but I have no use for it :<

Edit: Google translate says "The Grimoire of Heart" "Personality changes world" for the front cover. It's pretty neat that they used French for the compendium.

FluxWaveZ

Dengeki has a preview up for the P4AU Mook.

How often does Persona 4 Golden go on sale (Vita PSN)

I see it is $30 but I heard you can get it for $20 sometimes?

Practically every other week? It's probably not that often, but it sure seems that way.

The sales are frequent and the game's been reduced to $20 a number of times.

FluxWaveZ

Frama data, damage...

It seems to have complete data on all of the characters

Awesome! Hella awesome.

Ha, well one would hope it'd have all that data or else it'd be a total rip-off!

They say Chie's 5A is +/-0 now, which is a good thing (well, for non-Chie players, anyways). It'll be cool to see info like that come out soon.

Somewhat related: I wonder if there'll be any new P4AU characters and, if so, if they'll be revealed sooner than later. Kagura and Terumi, the timed console exclusive characters for BB:CP, were announced in April, 6 months before the console release. Kokonoe was announced just one month before the console game's release, in September.

PK Gaming

Ha, well one would hope it'd have all that data or else it'd be a total rip-off!

They say Chie's 5A is +/-0 now, which is a good thing (well, for non-Chie players, anyways). It'll be cool to see info like that come out soon.

Somewhat related: I wonder if there'll be any new P4AU characters and, if so, if they'll be revealed sooner than later. Kagura and Terumi, the timed console exclusive characters for BB:CP, were announced in April, 6 months before the console release. Kokonoe was announced just one month before the console game's release, in September.

HALLELUJAH

Apparently Mitsuru's 5A has 9 frames of startup now.

And darn I hope so. It's about time we get some new reveals here!

Dantis

The lines are quite clean and while there are some color gradients, they are used more carefully than in the the previous illustrations. Couple that with the huge resemblance to to the SD characters Soejima did for the website, I guess it's safe to say that it is a Soejima piece.

And yes, it's the cover art.

Mhmm. There are a few other things about it too.

But if it's the cover art then it's definitely Soejima, anyway.

Thanks Again! Yeah, I thought it would probably be from the design works, but now looking at it, I just noticed that the S.E.E.S. armband is black instead of red. I wonder it that was intentional or a mistake.

Edit: I forgot to gush in awe at meeting the legendary Dantis

LOL.

Omikaru

Hmmm.

I can't say it's terrible, but it's not a great-looking 3DS either. It's kinda neat that they're going for the Persona Compendium aesthetic, but that's ruined by having the characters on the bottom of the system. Destroys the class.

Design is trying to be two things at the same time, and it fails on both counts. Either go the whole hog with the Persona Compendium design, or use characters. Not both.

I also think the idea isn't best served by being on the 3DS, unless the system is held Hotel Dusk-style (i.e. like a book). It looks stupid (or at least makes the user look stupid) when you're holding it as you should hold the 3DS, and all the iconography is on its side.

At least it's not Teddie-themed. D:

Omikaru

It's not something that I'd buy, personally.

I think it's a neat idea with promise... for a tablet/e-reader cover. 3DS is totally wrong for it, for a variety of reasons. That's also besides the point that having the characters on the bottom half of the system is not good.

Lunar15

I actually really love the look and style of the 3DS, but having a vertical design doesn't really work, unfortunately.

I think they could have just taken the image from the back and put it on the front.

CorvoSol

I thought it was pretty bad to be honest.

Persona 4's was good because it was unexpected. Persona 3's was pretty straight forward and dumb. Golden's makes me want to break something.

It was fairly generic until the moment it let me climb stark naked atop a boulder and traumatize a group of teenage girls forever.

LX_Theo

Banned
Special 3DS designs need very simple designs or they end up looking stupid.

They should have done a basic Persona Compendium cover with no text involved, and the back being basic.

So the infamous NeoGAF waiting list isn't as long as I thought, only a month from signing up and now I can post! Huzzah!

Hows it going PersonaGAF? Been following this bunch of threads since OT2, was going to sign up before the November announcements but finding a usable e-mail was a chore.

I suppose I'd better show my credentials, I've played P2:IS, P3Fes, P3P, P4, P4G and P4U. I've also seen the animation and am super excited for the movie (although being from England, getting it will be a pain). Also, Catherine was my first Atlus game, never finished it though.

Anyhoo, glad to finally be able to join the conversation on here after watching so long from afar, anything you guys/gals want to know about me just ask away. (PS Yurlungur is my avatar because thats the Persona I'm mainly using in P3P at the moment, FemC route in January, expect it to change fairly often).

So enough rambling, back to waiting for the EU releases of P5 P4AU PQ and P4D in 2017 XD.

Rean.

HALLELUJAH

Apparently Mitsuru's 5A has 9 frames of startup now.

And darn I hope so. It's about time we get some new reveals here!
Ouch, but I can deal with that. It was 7 frames before iirc. Any word on her 2A?
Animal Crossing 3DS still the best one.
hell no, that's not the Char custom 3DS
PQ-FOE-Enemies-More-600x335.jpg

Yu: Hey I think I found your friend's fanfiction.
Spike: Y-you did? What's it like?
Yu: It's bad man. It's really, really bad.
lol

PK Gaming

So the infamous NeoGAF waiting list isn't as long as I thought, only a month from signing up and now I can post! Huzzah!

Hows it going PersonaGAF? Been following this bunch of threads since OT2, was going to sign up before the November announcements but finding a usable e-mail was a chore.

I suppose I'd better show my credentials, I've played P2:IS, P3Fes, P3P, P4, P4G and P4U. I've also seen the animation and am super excited for the movie (although being from England, getting it will be a pain). Also, Catherine was my first Atlus game, never finished it though.

Anyhoo, glad to finally be able to join the conversation on here after watching so long from afar, anything you guys/gals want to know about me just ask away. (PS Yurlungur is my avatar because thats the Persona I'm mainly using in P3P at the moment, FemC route in January, expect it to change fairly often).

So enough rambling, back to waiting for the EU releases of P5 P4AU PQ and P4D in 2017 XD.

Rean.

Welcome!

New members have just been trickling in lately, huh.

Ouch, but I can deal with that. It was 7 frames before iirc. Any word on her 2A?

No, but it's being translated as we speak.

Hey there and welcome to NeoGAF and PersonaGAF. Love the avatar a lot. Yurlungur is a cool persona, my are favorites are Ose and Shiva.

And remember...
lohr.jpg

Now enjoy your stay.

Top Bottom