• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

I have to wonder how many people were immediately put off the game by the opening with this song. :p

I was. It sets a bad first impression. I decided I wasn't interested in the game at that point, but I've seen more since then and it's just solidified that it's not for me.

Vylash

jK6lnfYEwTN1P.jpg

Yu Narukami's secret super in Persona 4 Climax (True Version)

The super we got a while back was the fraudulent version. It's finally been completed!

Holy mother of..... I cant wait to not be able to perform that when the game comes out.

Been away for a while, but I wanted to stop in and say welcome to our new PersonaGAF members~ Hope you enjoy this wild maze of life! :D

Hi there! Everyone is so nice here, makes a nice change from, well, the rest of the internet.

hao chi

I'm about to try to watch Persona Trinity Soul, one of the only things labeled persona I haven't touched. I can only hope that is not near as bad as I have been told.

This show is the worst thing I have ever seen. It starts out seeming like it has potential, but about halfway through the series the show continually finds the perfect answer for the question, "How could this show possibly get any worse?", and it does so in magnificent fashion.

The last time I tried to finish the series, it took me two or three viewing sessions to get six minutes into episode 21 before I could no longer take it.

This show is the worst thing I have ever seen. It starts out seeming like it has potential, but about halfway through the series the show continually finds the perfect answer for the question, "How could this show possibly get any worse?", and it does so in magnificent fashion.

The last time I tried to finish the series, it took me two or three viewing sessions to get six minutes into episode 21 before I could no longer take it.

That sounds awful to look forward to, and you're right about the beginning , I've watched about 3 episodes, and it seems to have a decent amount of potential right now.

Bebe and Keisuke reversed on me out of nowhere because I haven't hung out with them in months.

And December sucks so far when it comes to everything but story. Next to no Social Linking and Tartarus has been a no go for a while (and still is because
Aigis is still gone and she's one of my main party members, everyone else is like thirty levels behind or more
). Story reasons and exams all at the same time, no fun.

I'm at mid December, I've ranked up Mitsuru I think every single available time I could and she's at 4. What the heck, P3.

Bebe and Keisuke reversed on me out of nowhere because I haven't hung out with them in months.

And December sucks so far when it comes to everything but story. Next to no Social Linking and Tartarus has been a no go for a while (and still is because
Aigis is still gone and she's one of my main party members, everyone else is like thirty levels behind or more

I'm at mid December, I've ranked up Mitsuru I think every single available time I could and she's at 4. What the heck, P3.

Yeah thats a main issue with P3 is the fact that there are literally months of nothing. Story seems to come in bursts rather than being a continual thing.

arue

Aigis comes back on December 30th, iirc. So you can go with a party of 3 or put someone new into your party.

When I played FES, I just use a 3-man party because I was too lazy to level the lower-level members; it wasn't that bad.

Meia

The months of November and December in terms of Tartarus are kind of "make it or break it" months. The narrative is chugging away at a fever pitch, but damn that dungeon not only has started to get massively stale at this point, but that "chunk" is the biggest and most boring of all of them too. You go from doing like 20-40 floors to like 100. I know it's because they didn't give you a barricade so you can kind of do it all in one go if you want, but this was the point where I almost put the game down a second time when I first started getting into this series(first being near the summer). Thankfully the narrative, like I said, kept me going...

For the most part, even following max link guides, you start alternating her link with one other in the last months of the game. You kind of get access to her super late, so it's to be expected.

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, didn't know about this. Does every character get one?

No, only Yu and Aigis have had secret supers discovered so far.

Edit: I didn't even think of checking my Mook for them but, sure enough, they're here. Motion for Yu's "not-so-secret" super is: 214214A+B > A > A > B > C > B > C > D > A+B > 214214C+D, [2]8C+D

For the most part, even following max link guides, you start alternating her link with one other in the last months of the game. You kind of get access to her super late, so it's to be expected.
That sounds about right. I think I'm prioritizing her and Fuuka, but I tend to forget the days Fuuka is even available.

It really wouldn't be so bad if this part of the game wasn't so adamant about you not Social Linking with, like, anyone. I went from 6 to 9 with the Hanged Man the week before finals there was so little for me to do.

I did the fifth block in a day. TWICE.
I'm not even sure how that is physically possible. Is it possible to circumvent getting tired in Portable? Or maybe in FES that I'm not aware of? Or are you just blowing by every single enemy? I really can't wrap my head around this. Maybe you're leveling multiple people instead of just one team? I don't know.

CorvoSol

That sounds about right. I think I'm prioritizing her and Fuuka, but I tend to forget the days Fuuka is even available.

It really wouldn't be so bad if this part of the game wasn't so adamant about you not Social Linking with, like, anyone. I went from 6 to 9 with the Hanged Man the week before finals there was so little for me to do.

I'm not even sure how that is physically possible. Is it possible to circumvent getting tired in Portable? Or maybe in FES that I'm not aware of? Or are you just blowing by every single enemy? I really can't wrap my head around this. Maybe you're leveling multiple people instead of just one team? I don't know.

Well on the one hand I don't have to really do Tartarsauce with Makoto's team anymore because of the way that whole modified save works out and everybody being level 99 means shadows flee from me all the time.

But before that, I realized that Just because the party says they're tired, doesn't really mean much. Like I had nights were they'd all be "I'm tired" and I'm like "STUFF IT WE HAVE 20 FLOORS TO GO." and when I went home that night, the game didn't even say to me "You're tired now!"

I'm only leveling one party, though. Clara's side of this jazz is just her, Akihiko, Junpei, and Koromaru. Ironically enough some bosses I have to remove one or two people from the party to make it easier to win.

But I've done every block in one night now.

Oh, I thought there was some crazy secret I wasn't aware of. I tried that for a while earlier in the game and got too frustrated with tired party members. Had Yucatan up and ask me to leave mid fight. "Uh, no."

Meia

I don't think in the male route of P3P the Tired mechanic is the same at all, is it? Easy way to find out would be to ask if party members flat out left Tartarus completely when you returned to the lobby with them either "Tired" or "Sick"?

Then again, FES had that also cheap thing where your party could not be Tired for a big boss fight, so you could grind as much as you want the day before, no one would leave Tartarus. Can't remember if that was FES or vanilla 3 though, come to think of it...

Though I've NEVER rotated a party, ever in either of the games. What I started with was what I kept, and if someone wasn't available, I shrugged and bore it. The game is somewhat lenient in that if a character can't be around for a big boss, they'll usually give you a new member that month that's at least not embarrassingly low in level. When I ran with Aigis and Yukari in the same party for example, so did not want to take on the September one with them, so subbed in Shinji and Ken. Well balanced MC means you never have to worry too much about missing someone.

CorvoSol

Oh, I thought there was some crazy secret I wasn't aware of. I tried that for a while earlier in the game and got too frustrated with tired party members. Had Yucatan up and ask me to leave mid fight. "Uh, no."

I've never had that, so maybe, like the jealousy aspect, weariness plays almost no effect in P3P.

Though I've NEVER rotated a party, ever in either of the games. What I started with was what I kept, and if someone wasn't available, I shrugged and bore it.

I am the complete opposite to you, everyone must level up equally in my eyes. Hell im on the final part of P3 and literally everyone has all their skills, even Ken, and he sucks!

PS. Whats the ruling on swearing in this forum? My natural speech has a lot of it, but I'm dialing it back here just in case.

arue

Well shit. Do they at least leave when you go back to the first floor?

They don't go back to the dorm because in P3P, you and your party members don't get tired until the next day (after MC himself return back to the dorm).

So technically you can do a whole block in a single day.

They don't go back to the dorm because in P3P, you and your party members don't get tired until the next day (after MC himself return back to the dorm).

So technically you can do a whole block in a single day.
Huh. What exactly is there to stop you from doing so? Are you still healed if you go back to the first floor? I didn't realize Portable was so different in this regard.

I still managed to clear most of the stuff in 1 day in P3FES. No, you do not heal when you go back to the first floor,you have to pay the fox, or whatever that terminal thing is in P3P. It is P4 style. Most of P3P is converted to P4 rules, combat and One More! included.

I.E.

P3FES: Hitting any enemy non weak does not give you One More!, so if you hit 2 enemies weaknesses but one enemy is normal/strong/null/absorb/repelling your attack, you do NOT get the One More!, thus making Ma-attacks less OP and giving importance to single hit attacks. Enemies take a full turn to get up from Down, but hitting an enemy while it is down does not stun them.

P3P: Hitting any weak point grants One More!, even if you hit other enemies and they null and such your attack. A Downed enemy gets up on its same turn, but if you hit an enemy while it is down, it stuns them.

Gazoinks

Huh. What exactly is there to stop you from doing so? Are you still healed if you go back to the first floor? I didn't realize Portable was so different in this regard.

You have to pay for healing at the save point. They basically changed the dungeon diving in P3P to be more like P4.

I still managed to clear most of hte stuff in 1 day in P3FES. No, you do not heal when you go back to the first floor,you have to pay the fox, or whatever that terminal thing is in P3P. It is P4 style. Most of P3P is converted to P4 rules, combat and one mores! included.

I hope they bring back P3's One More system for 5. It requires more thought.

arue

You don't get automatically healed in P3P. Instead, you have to pay the clock to heal your party. The cost is proportional to your party's level I think.

EDIT: beaten by Gazoinks :p

No wonder Corvo and I were confusing each other, we're playing games that are even more different than we realized.

Yea, P3P is essentially P4 with a P3 skin and dialed back presentation, balance be damned.

Many people fail to realize how much more punishing P3's rules are compared to P4's, or don't even notice the rule change in P4 compared to P3.

Dantis

There is surely some humour to be found in the fact that the first time someone from PersonaGAF has drawn a character in a swimsuit, it's a picture of Akihiko.

Let's be honest, nobody could have guessed that.

arue

There is surely some humour to be found in the fact that the first time someone from PersonaGAF has drawn a character in a swimsuit, it's a picture of Akihiko.

Let's be honest, nobody could have guessed that.

I was thinking about summer when I was drawing and the fact that Akihiko's swimsuit is a speedo, it makes drawing him all worth it.

Top Bottom