• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Jinto

Almost 40 hrs into FES, and still no
Mitsuru
s-link. I'm starting to feel guilty for spending so much time with
Chihiro
. I'm
studying as much as I can. She better agree to walk with me home soon, dammit.

I died a lot early, but I'm finally understanding how everything works. It's definitely a nice challenge.

40 hrs in and it doesn't feel like I'm close to being finished. It's gonna take me like 100 hrs to complete this game, isn't it.

What's the best way to level in P4G? I know Golden Hands and extra bosses. On NG+ and just got the special fusions, so I want to make
Izanagi no Okami
ASAP.

Just cleared
Rise's
second boss and I'm around level 60.

I want to get to 91 ASAP so I can use it for as long as possible. Is there an efficient way to hunt Golden Hands or another way to level quickly?

Edit: Also, is the Legend of Inaba trophy for maxing all slinks in one playthrough or one save file through multiple playthroughs? I've got six maxed at 7/24 so I'm in good shape, but I'm still curious.

Almost 40 hrs into FES, and still no
Mitsuru
s-link. I'm starting to feel guilty for spending so much time with
Chihiro
. I'm
studying as much as I can. She better agree to walk with me home soon, dammit.

I died a lot early, but I'm finally understanding how everything works. It's definitely a nice challenge.

40 hrs in and it doesn't feel like I'm close to being finished. It's gonna take me like 100 hrs to complete this game, isn't it.

The most Is like 80 hours and ps Mitsuru's social link is in November so yeah.

PK Gaming

I guess my main issue is that the casting overlaps are clearly identifiable, since the actors are just using different registers of their default voice. It actually makes things worse, since most of the lines JYB recorded for Adachi in Golden are higher-pitched than his original lines, since he had to worry about Yu actually talking in other projects - more opportunities to notice that they're so similar - and he was likely just used to using that specific register. It's actually jarring with some scenes actually alternating between the two every other dialogue box, since he goes from sounding more grounded to sounding cartoonish.

Yup. Yuri Lowenthal was by far the biggest offender; he made Yosuke sound way too high pitched (especially noticeable during the winter stretch)

In the end, though, voice acting is still a messy business, when all the schedules start to rub into each other. There are simply so many factors going on beyond simply creative ones. It's why Grant George filled in for almost all of Kanji's lines in golden, or why a few of the new lines for Margaret were done by Nanako. I may not agree with all the decisions, but at the end of the day, I'm sure they're committed to making the best possible production they can, given the crazy amount of things going on behind the scenes.

???

Is this true? I've played through Golden twice, and it always felt like Troy Baker was voicing the character.

CorvoSol

YiEJBDm.jpg

Well boy and girl. Let's finish this.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What's the best way to level in P4G? I know Golden Hands and extra bosses. On NG+ and just got the special fusions, so I want to make
Izanagi no Okami
ASAP.

Just cleared
Rise's
second boss and I'm around level 60.

I want to get to 91 ASAP so I can use it for as long as possible. Is there an efficient way to hunt Golden Hands or another way to level quickly?

Edit: Also, is the Legend of Inaba trophy for maxing all slinks in one playthrough or one save file through multiple playthroughs? I've got six maxed at 7/24 so I'm in good shape, but I'm still curious.

Playing on Very Easy gets you XP/money out the ass.Other than that, the golden hands are you best bet if you don't want to play on the lowest difficulty.

Legend of Inaba is one playthrough.

PK Gaming

There is no way that is Grant George. I'm listening to one of the new scenes right now.

Right. Grant has a pretty distinct voice, so I'd think i'd have been common knowledge if it was him. There is some inconsistency in P4G Kanji's voice, but i'm willing to chalk to Troy not voicing the character for several years.

Oy, November?! I'm only at the end of July. Meh, gives me something to look forward to at least. So I've just been wasting my time studying so much? I'm at above average now.
Make sure you ace at least one test as well. And honestly, study to your heart's content--there's really not much to do at nights at all--you have way more than enough nights to complete everything at night.

FYI, though, the Quiz Game at the Arcade in Paulownia Mall is the best way to get your Academics up, though it's only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It can be done at night too.

EDIT: Told you, Corvo, that you were going to beat it before me. I'm still at early January.

Levito

Banned

Let me tell you something you already know, Corvo. The world ain't all waifu's and babehunts. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, Nyx, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about the persona you can fuse. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you!

Jinto

Make sure you ace at least one test as well. And honestly, study to your heart's content--there's really not much to do at nights at all--you have way more than enough nights to complete everything at night.

FYI, though, the Quiz Game at the Arcade in Paulownia Mall is the best way to get your Academics up, though it's only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It can be done at night too.

Ah, OK. I've been studying at night, sometimes on Sundays, and going to the library every so often. Shoulda used that time to build some of my other social links. I just finished the second exams, before summer break. Don't have the results yet. Hopefully I aced them.

CorvoSol

You have to be joking me with this horribly tedious final battle. Good God we're not really
going to churn through every fucking card, are we?
UUUUUUGH.

YiEJBDm.jpg

Today. Today... At the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today there is not a man nor woman in here that shall stand alone. Not today. Today we face the Shadows that are at our door and bring the fight to them. Today, we are cancelling the apocalypse!

I'm digging the whole game. Not far at all, I spent like an hour fucking around in Paradigm X. Off saving Spooky now, played about 2 hours.

Good good, more people should give Soul Hackers a shot if the can! Feel free to drop by IRC and ask PK and I and some of the others for tips and stuff should you ever need em!

Zebetite

Banned
You have to be joking me with this horribly tedious final battle. Good God we're not really
going to churn through every fucking card, are we?
UUUUUUGH.

Hey Corvo. You've played Persona 4. You've played through Persona 3 effectively twice. (p3 final boss spoilerz)
Are you sick of the Velvet Room music yet? I sure hope not. Because, you know. We've got this ridiculously lengthy boss battle. And the theme music...

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope... yet the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path, lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are. Death awaits you."

Enjoy the ending(s)! I've been very entertained reading your reactions to P3 and I'm kind of bummed there won't be any more.

(tiny music spoiler later on)
Hope you're ready to Burn Your Dread.

Top Bottom