• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

dkoy

Now when you say simultaneous, you mean NA and JPN right? Cause EU........yeah I wonder if that's gonna repeat again.

SMT4 still isn't out so.... EU/AUS are gonna get those pretty damn late unless that NISA/ATLUS deal I heard of waaaaaay back is actually happening. :(

Swedesu

Now when you say simultaneous, you mean NA and JPN right? Cause EU........yeah I wonder if that's gonna repeat again.

Please don't remind me :'(

SMT4 still isn't out so.... EU/AUS are gonna get those pretty damn late unless that NISA/ATLUS deal I heard of waaaaaay back is actually happening. :(

An american 3DS is so worth it though, for the cheaper games and earlier releases. If possible you should get one.

jbgmQcrvoqtAly.jpg

The bonus boss for Persona 4: Dancing All Night was recently leaked, the Messiah-Complex Kingpin of Dance.

dkoy

Please don't remind me :'(

An american 3DS is so worth it though, for the cheaper games and earlier releases. If possible you should get one.

but i already have an au/eu one :(

P4A2 BETTER have Abyss Mode but instead of descending, its climbing, and its renamed to Tartarus Mode

This abyss mode sounds very interesting, but im sure atlus has the final say on whether it's in or not

Or Babel, and at the top you get to pick either Chie or Chie with a 'K'. . .

I still need to find a copy of Catherine....

I have just seen the new trailer for Dangan Ronpa; I honestly feel like suggesting to NOT watch it, as there are quite a lot of spoilers in there. I mean, if you haven't played it already, you probably wouldn't get them, but I still think it shows a bit too much.

And also, I don't like the new dub at all, but that's mostly because I'm used to the original one.

FireSol

PersonaGAF I need your help!!
Im in my early steps in Devil Survivor and met my first Boss battle, he is lvl 17, my team is 9-7. And the only place where I can gain lvl is free battle in Shibuya. Is the game real grind fest or Im even worse in sjrpg than I've thought?

I have just seen the new trailer for Dangan Ronpa; I honestly feel like suggesting to NOT watch it, as there are quite a lot of spoilers in there. I mean, if you haven't played it already, you probably wouldn't get them, but I still think it shows a bit too much.

And also, I don't like the new dub at all, but that's mostly because I'm used to the original one.

I only watched a brief bit, heard Monokuma talk, and just closed it lol. I wasn't expecting them to top the japanese voice, but it just didn't click right with me at all.

Well it's better than him just staring at them and the recipient reacting like they've been hugged...

That one scene in Golden with Teddie bothered me because i was like "YOU HAVE A HUG ANIMATION. USE IT, DON'T JUST STARE AT HIM PASSIONATELY (Even if it works in context)"
Yu's lack of animation makes a lot of scenes (especially the one on one scenes) come across as more uncomfortable than they probably were intended. Like Naoto's Christmas Eve scene, when she shows him her other outfit, he's just sitting there, cross legged, staring the entire time.

MSMrRound

PersonaGAF I need your help!!
Im in my early steps in Devil Survivor and met my first Boss battle, he is lvl 17, my team is 9-7. And the only place where I can gain lvl is free battle in Shibuya. Is the game real grind fest or Im even worse in sjrpg than I've thought?

Not really. It's quite easy gaining levels in the early stages just by farming free battles (hint: try to finish off the leaders last...don't kill them off first for a exp bonus)

lvl 17..Wendigo, if I'm not wrong? Focus on recruiting/making anti-ice/null ice demons with fire spells and you should be gold.

I personally went with a Magic-based MC and obliterated him with Agi spells.

Just remember that Devil Survivor also relies a lot on the specific race skills that demons come with, such as charm, phantasma and the likes. Animal Leg+Devil Speed are good for hit and run attacks.

Take advantage of typings and try your best to deny enemies from getting Extra Turns, especially Wendigo. If you can take care of his lackeys, he should be easier to take down.

Well this was certainly unexpected...

I just got the newest ATLUS Faithful email, and get this: ATLUS USA is going to publish Conception 2 (3DS/Vita) in Europe! It'll be a digital-download title only, and is coming in Q2 2014 as opposed to April, but still.

Wouldn't it be just magnificent if ATLUS USA stepped up and brought all of the Persona games to Europe as well? Even if it wasn't simultaneous, it's still nice to see them paying attention to their EU fans clamoring for new titles.

Once they're done with Conception 2, maybe they could move onto SMT IV too...

Dantis

Atlus have published digital titles that they can't get a third party agreement on in the EU for years (Persona 1 PSP is the first example that springs to mind).

All this shows is that NISA didn't want Conception, which is both hilarious and, once you see the game, predictable.

Caladrius

Yu's lack of animation makes a lot of scenes (especially the one on one scenes) come across as more uncomfortable than they probably were intended. Like Naoto's Christmas Eve scene, when she shows him her other outfit, he's just sitting there, cross legged, staring the entire time.

I always imagined that Yu would just stare and breathe heavily the entire time.

Not really. It's quite easy gaining levels in the early stages just by farming free battles (hint: try to finish off the leaders last...don't kill them off first for a exp bonus)

Just remember that Devil Survivor also relies a lot on the specific race skills that demons come with, such as charm, phantasma and the likes. Animal Leg+Devil Speed are good for hit and run attacks.

Really, Magic is the way to go (though you still want to put in a bit of strength investment for a certain boss). Even moreso in Devil Survivor 2 where you get 2 rather stellar physical attackers that can smash most enemy demons to pieces if you get them the right skills.

I still need to start DeSu 1..

Atlus have published digital titles that they can't get a third party agreement on in the EU for years (Persona 1 PSP is the first example that springs to mind).

All this shows is that NISA didn't want Conception, which is both hilarious and, once you see the game, predictable.

Welp. There goes my excitement. :|

cjkeats

It's like you've never played a NISA published game before.

Real talk, I was expecting NISA to pick this up, not Atlus. Atlus picking it up is hilarious.

FireSol

lvl 17..Wendigo, if I'm not wrong? Focus on recruiting/making anti-ice/null ice demons with fire spells and you should be gold.

Take advantage of typings and try your best to deny enemies from getting Extra Turns, especially Wendigo. If you can take care of his lackeys, he should be easier to take down.
Thanks for adwice. I went with strength route, but I think is not to late change it to the Magic route

dkoy

Well this was certainly unexpected...

I just got the newest ATLUS Faithful email, and get this: ATLUS USA is going to publish Conception 2 (3DS/Vita) in Europe! It'll be a digital-download title only, and is coming in Q2 2014 as opposed to April, but still.

Wouldn't it be just magnificent if ATLUS USA stepped up and brought all of the Persona games to Europe as well? Even if it wasn't simultaneous, it's still nice to see them paying attention to their EU fans clamoring for new titles.

You gave me hope...

and then you killed it ...

I'd really loe if they did that
Also, did the first Conception actually come out in Europe?

I only watched a brief bit, heard Monokuma talk, and just closed it lol. I wasn't expecting them to top the japanese voice, but it just didn't click right with me at all.
Yeah, it's not nearly as good in my opinion. Luckily most people will be hearing it for the first time like this so it will be cool for them.
He didn't laugh enough by the way.

Have you played/finished the game already?

I didn't know it would have come out so soon, i must buy it as soon as possible.

Don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but that Persona rip-off game "Mind Zero" (also "MIND≒0") seems to be coming west:

"From Aksys Games and Acquire, the studios that brought Gladiator Begins comes Mind Zero, an exciting dungeon-crawler RPG for the PlayStation Vita! Kei, a high school student is given the power of "Mind," the ability to control a persona with powerful abilities. However, "Mind" is much more than it seems. With the government and others tracking them down, what will Kei and his friends discover about themselves, but more importantly, about this mysterious power?"

Mind_0_Cover_Art.png

MSMrRound

Don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but that Persona rip-off game "Mind Zero" (also "MIND≒0") seems to be coming west:

This and Monster Monpiece getting localized while there's no legit release for better titles like Valkyria Chronicles 3/Type-0. I'm gonna cry.

Btw, the community was fun to follow during the Nov 24 Persona Channel announcement (back then my account wasn't validated yet, so I was mostly a lurker).

Anyone got links to some real time reaction to the announcements? E.g other than Shinjuku's, Cwwkeeler's and Frustrated Jacob's?

Sophia

Looks okay to me, and if it actually is imitating Persona, then it should be good!

It's pretty average. Not bad, but not all that particularly great either. I've watched a significant chunk of gameplay on YouTube. The production values being really low and nowhere near that of a Persona game is what hurts it the most.

Top Bottom