• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

As I mentioned to Dantis in chat, I have a feeling Ultimax may very well do better then Arena did. It's not a gamble anymore. It has an established fanbase, it has a ton of new features, and most importantly it has a good presence in the tourney scene.

Lemstar

[14:12:25] <Dantis> I only got into Persona after Dancing All Night was announced
[14:12:38] <Dantis> Rise's kawaii outfit just hooked me right in
[14:13:01] <Dantis> She just looks so cute and I love idols so much omg

[14:12:25] <Dantis> I only got into Persona after Dancing All Night was announced
[14:12:38] <Dantis> Rise's kawaii outfit just hooked me right in
[14:13:01] <Dantis> She just looks so cute and I love idols so much omg

Go on Dantis :)

As I mentioned to Dantis in chat, I have a feeling Ultimax may very well do better then Arena did. It's not a gamble anymore. It has an established fanbase, it has a ton of new features, and most importantly it has a good presence in the tourney scene.

I really hope so. I love Arena.

Squire

Banned

^This.

Disregarding everything else Flux pointed out is nuts, Dan.

Me personally, Ive never been into dancing games other than Space channel 5 back in the dreamcast days. But if there's one thing that will convert me, its Dancing all night.

Its genius.

Acid08

Banned
Rhythm games are just super fun and having Persona music for the tracks just makes it that much more interesting.

Forever thirsty for an Elite Beat Agents sequel.

Andrefpvs

But it'll be narrated by Japanese Teddie

Narrated by that teasing Japanese old lady at the Persona reveal event.

7Nnyl.png

FluxWaveZ

Nico Stream of some P4U2 a tournament is happening, just seen Persona twitter tweet it.

Yeah, Taito tournament finals. Yu's Japanese voice actor will be there having a quick talk show, as per shown in the schedule. I'd probably tune in without it, but I'm really interested in that announcement they have at the end. It probably won't be anything of real importance, though, or they might have teased it more. Then again, they did tease it in the original p-ch news article and it's specifically mentioned in the schedule.

CorvoSol

Rhythm games are just super fun and having Persona music for the tracks just makes it that much more interesting.

Forever thirsty for an Elite Beat Agents sequel.

Honestly if it wasn't for EBA and Theatrhythm I would never have considered giving Dancing a chance.

I really do think Maya is my favorite character in the game. I just really like how the S.Link takes a character who otherwise comes across as flat and boring and puts a completely different spin on them and colors every single other thing they say in a completely new light. Really fun and different way to develop a character.

Many of the party members had more interesting characterizations and development and a couple of S.Links had better story and character arcs (especially Akinari, that was superb), but I think Maya will probably stick with me the most.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, Taito tournament finals. Yu's Japanese voice actor will be there having a quick talk show, as per shown in the schedule. I'd probably tune in without it, but I'm really interested in that announcement they have at the end. It probably won't be anything of real importance, though, or they might have teased it more. Then again, they did tease it in the original p-ch news article and it's specifically mentioned in the schedule.

Release date. There's no reason not to.

FluxWaveZ

Release date. There's no reason not to.

Yeah, that's what I had first wished it would be when I read it, but I've seen enough of these teases turn out to be something dumb that I'm not convinced. Still, holding onto hope and lack of sleep to see it when it happens.

CorvoSol

I really do think Maya is my favorite character in the game. I just really like how the S.Link takes a character who otherwise comes across as flat and boring and puts a completely different spin on them and colors every single other thing they say in a completely new light. Really fun and different way to develop a character.

Many of the party members had more interesting characterizations and development and a couple of S.Links had better story and character arcs (especially Akinari, that was superb), but I think Maya will probably stick with me the most.

On male side Maya is probably 3rd or 4th place, taking back seat to Aigis, Mitsuru and Akinari. Aigis is the best social link Male Side.

Female Side is a tough one. I mean, how do I pick between Shinji, Aki, and my lady bros?

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah. It's a pretty unneeded boost, haha. Not needing a burst and the damage being great for something that's burst safe is pretty good. Worth the 150 meter if the situation arises.

Jinto

Time to start P4G. I always play games on normal, but I'm tempted to go with easy for this. I don't feel like wasting a lot of hrs because of stupid deaths like I did with FES.

FluxWaveZ

Time to start P4G. I always play games on normal, but I'm tempted to go with easy for this. I don't feel like wasting a lot of hrs because of stupid deaths like I did with FES.

If you die in P4G, at least on Normal, you'll be given the option to restart on the floor you died on.

And P4G is very easy on Normal. It must be pretty much a non-challenge on Easy.

From the stream earlier:

Rhapsody

Banned

P4G's pretty easy. If it's your first time, normal is perfectly fine. Game overs don't result from starting from your last save. You just restart which floor you were on in Golden.

Jinto

That won't happen. P4G is very easy.

If you die in P4G, at least on Normal, you'll be given the option to restart on the floor you died on.

And P4G is very easy on Normal. It must be pretty much a non-challenge on Easy.

P4G's pretty easy. If it's your first time, normal is perfectly fine. Game overs don't result from starting from your last save. You just restart which floor you were on in Golden.

Nice! FES wasn't too difficult, but sometimes you get into situations beyond your control. I'm glad they fixed that for this game. I'm excited to see what else was improved.

SlickVic

Normal isn't too bad on P4G, but you do have to deal with the BS of getting a game over when your main character dies (especially early on in the game when you don't have certain perks from your party to try to avoid that). Thankfully you restart on the same floor, but even still, it's very possibly to lose a good 15-20 minutes of progress, which can be frustrating, especially early on when you aren't sure what can OHK your MC out of nowhere.

I'd go with Easy if you don't care much for the battle system and just want to get to the next story beat. On Normal I only had to grind at 2 points of the story. Though I imagine I could've avoided the second one if I had started using a certain party member that makes killing golden hands trivial as soon as that individual became available.

CorvoSol

There are fewer cheap shots in P4 than P3, I feel. I only remember encountering game overs in a select few fights for which I was unprepared.

Jinto

^
I can live with 15-20 minutes. Way better than the amount of time I wasted in P3. I guess you can't just rush the golden hands anymore? Tracking down those suckers was hard enough.

SlickVic

^
I can live with 15-20 minutes. Way better than the amount of time I wasted in P3. I guess you can't just rush the golden hands anymore? Tracking down those suckers was hard enough.

They're a lot more common in P4G. In my last grinding session, I kept revisiting the same dungeon floor and probably 8-9 times out of 10 I'd run into a golden hand. The "Avoid Encounters" card in shuffle time all but guarantees you'll get a player advantage with a Hand, and makes them a lot easier. As people told me here, a strong diet of heavy almighty and physical attacks makes quick work of them.

Rhapsody

Banned
^

It feels like it's easier to run into Golden Hands in P4G compared to the PS2 version. I mostly grinded EXP from just those guys.
Defeating them felt easier to me in this game with the new Shuffle Time. There are cards that will level up one of your Persona's skills.

So having some like a good strong physical all skill makes it easy.

CorvoSol

^

I dunno how it was in FES but in P3P they almost always got a head start in fights. In P4G you hit them from behind and you're golden.

Top Bottom