• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Jintor

quick sketch for cap'n ressentiment

tumblr_n34s1pHOWv1rnx5rho1_500.png

Acid08

Banned
Habs fans are worse, broseph.

It goes.

Habs.
Leaves
lolnucks
Sens

And the Flames and Oilers just throw their poop at each other while pissing on themselves.
Sorry mang, Canucks fans will always be #1 terrible to me. Western conference bias and all.

CorvoSol

Okay guys Persona 1 questions about Fusion Accidents and Fools.

So like, I want to fuse Narukami cuz he sounds like one cool Purse Owner, and the guide says to force an accident I need to hard reset and walk 101 steps before entering the velvet room in the mall, but Megaten Wiki says that Narukami is a level 47 Purse Owner. At the same time, the guide says I need to be at least level 25 to fuse my first Fool, which is whatever the level 30 one was. So what level do I need to be to do the Narukami fusion?

PK Gaming

Okay guys Persona 1 questions about Fusion Accidents and Fools.

So like, I want to fuse Narukami cuz he sounds like one cool Purse Owner, and the guide says to force an accident I need to hard reset and walk 101 steps before entering the velvet room in the mall, but Megaten Wiki says that Narukami is a level 47 Purse Owner. At the same time, the guide says I need to be at least level 25 to fuse my first Fool, which is whatever the level 30 one was. So what level do I need to be to do the Narukami fusion?

Your Persona level stat needs to be 47. I know, it sucks.

Meia

.....Persona Q is going to give the development Ken needed all along with his interactions with Kanji to make him more likable isn't it?

tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpg

Soooo, what's everyone been playing lately?

I've been playing a combination of Titanfall (which I still need to play with you guys, BTW) and Elite Beat Agents (the best music game ever). I've already gotten all S-Ranks on EBA, so now I'm going for all-Perfects with Commander Khan. I've been taking a break from Pokémon and Skullgirls since winning both my tournaments, but I'll have to start practicing the former again before taking on the Gym Leader Challenge at Anime North in May.

When do you guys think we'll get a Japanese P4AU release date, and when do you think said date will be? I'm hoping that it's sometime before July so I can import it before getting balls-deep in debt.

Slept on it, but nope, still not over Persona 3's ending.

Having the lady friends talk about a future together in their S.Link epilogues just feels cruel. And how sad is the little girl going to be when she finds out? Jesus. And poor Toriumi I think I felt the worst for, because that was her final memory of him, having a nervous breakdown in front of him? That's going to haunt her forever.

Did the main character retain his memories or not? I can't remember the specifics. At first I was leaning towards no, but now I'm thinking yes. I don't know.

And from what I understand in Portable you can choose other characters to spend your last moments with instead of Aigis? How does that work? I was under the impression Aigis retained her memories because she was a robot. Thematically it also felt right, I can't really imagine it another way.

I think I'll start The Answer today.

Having the lady friends talk about a future together in their S.Link epilogues just feels cruel. And how sad is the little girl going to be when she finds out? Jesus. And poor Toriumi I think I felt the worst for, because that was her final memory of him, having a nervous breakdown in front of him? That's going to haunt her forever.

Did the main character retain his memories or not? I can't remember the specifics. At first I was leaning towards no, but now I'm thinking yes. I don't know.

And from what I understand in Portable you can choose other characters to spend your last moments with instead of Aigis? How does that work? I was under the impression Aigis retained her memories because she was a robot. Thematically it also felt right, I can't really imagine it another way.

I always felt that Makoto does retain his memories, but keeps it all to himself until the appointed day. When Aigis first comes to your room on that day and breaks down telling you about how she's always remembered, the dialogue choices make it seem like you also had not forgotten, but I agree that it does seem a bit ambiguous.

As for P3P, on a NewGame+, any of the romance-able SEES SLinks that you max out will be choices to spend your final moments with; so for MC it's Yukari, Fuuka, Mitsuru, or Aigis, and for FeMC it's Akihiko, Ken, Shinjiro, or Aigis. Again though, only works on a NewGame+ run.

LX_Theo

Banned

How it worked in Portable was, if I remember it correctly...
You get to that point on the roof with Aigis, and then the game says you hear the most important person to you arriving there before the others when they ran up to the roof. You can pick between them, then, and then Aigis (if not chosen) steps aside to give you two some privacy.

Meia

On a new game +, you get the choice to spend your last moments of someone of your choosing. Basically, they remember just a little bit ahead of everyone else, giving them time to say they're last goodbyes(though they don't know it's that when they do it).

And yeah, I believe it's implied that both the MC and Aigis remember everything, for probably the whole month. And yeah, "cruel" is a decent way of explaining a lot of the ending, or at least how I felt with it. Moreso when you realize the contract "accept responsibility for your decisions" was bullshit since everything was out of his hands since before he came back to the town in the first place.

CorvoSol

I really hate P1's experience system. I don't need to level main dude's persona, which means making him stop murdering everything in the first turn, but to reach the level where I can equip his new, awesome Persona, I need to level him up as fast as I can.

Basically I don't like tying experience to actions, even if that's a more credible means of how acquiring experience would work.

I really hate P1's experience system. I don't need to level main dude's persona, which means making him stop murdering everything in the first turn, but to reach the level where I can equip his new, awesome Persona, I need to level him up as fast as I can.

Basically I don't like tying experience to actions, even if that's a more credible means of how acquiring experience would work.

Don't worry, they went to a normal EXP system in P2.

Gazoinks

Yeah, it's annoying. Because of Megido spam, Nanjo is like four levels above everyone else, so now I have to gimp myself a bit by having him guard in battle so everyone else can catch up. And it's especially annoying because the system guarantees uneven party levels, and negotiation is based off average party level.

Although it's still not as bad my personal RPG pet peeve: Dead characters not getting XP. :p

FluxWaveZ

Is the music in Kanji's new? I'm really digging both pieces.
I was going to ask the same thing. It sounds new to me.

Nope, was played before.

So with all the extra marketing, is it safe to say Persona Q will sell a ton more than the other spin offs?

I don't think Persona Q will be getting any extra marketing compared to the other games they have planned. It's coming out the soonest, so it's what's getting the marketing the soonest.

I do think it has a chance at selling the most, though, when looking at the amount of excitement it has compared to P4AU or P4D.

As for P3P, on a NewGame+, any of the romance-able SEES SLinks that you max out will be choices to spend your final moments with; so for MC it's Yukari, Fuuka, Mitsuru, or Aigis, and for FeMC it's Akihiko, Ken, Shinjiro, or Aigis. Again though, only works on a NewGame+ run.

You get to that point on the roof with Aigis, and then the game says you hear the most important person to you arriving there before the others when they ran up to the roof. You can pick between them, then, and then Aigis (if not chosen) steps aside to give you two some privacy.

On a new game +, you get the choice to spend your last moments of someone of your choosing. Basically, they remember just a little bit ahead of everyone else, giving them time to say they're last goodbyes(though they don't know it's that when they do it).

And yeah, I believe it's implied that both the MC and Aigis remember everything, for probably the whole month. And yeah, "cruel" is a decent way of explaining a lot of the ending, or at least how I felt with it. Moreso when you realize the contract "accept responsibility for your decisions" was bullshit since everything was out of his hands since before he came back to the town in the first place.
Okay, I got it on that final scene part.
Though forcing Aigis to step aside seems kind of mean.

And I will agree there on your second point, Meia.
It was pretty frustrating how the main character ultimately has no agency in any of it. Everything that happens to him is decided for him, essentially.

Another thing that came to mind--was Ryoji lying when he said we wouldn't realize the end would come? Because there was that whole part when the moon exploded or whatever when all of the transmogrified people were suddenly aware of the Dark Hour and could see that big eyeball thing (which I assume was Nyx?) coming. Or was that all just because we beat the Nyx Avatar? Whatever that is?

And wait, wait, wait, wait wait. Ken is a romanceable character for the female side? You serious?

Just put a few hours into The Answer so far. Not liking the increased difficulty level coming from the arbitrary numbers adjustment. Makes it feel like a slog.

cjkeats

So with all the extra marketing, is it safe to say Persona Q will sell a ton more than the other spin offs?

Like flux said, it;s only getting marketed because it's the closest, but I can see this one being the highest seller of the spin offs easily, in Japan anyways.

CorvoSol

Don't worry, they went to a normal EXP system in P2.

Ave Maria

Yeah, it's annoying. Because of Megido spam, Nanjo is like four levels above everyone else, so now I have to gimp myself a bit by having him guard in battle so everyone else can catch up. And it's especially annoying because the system guarantees uneven party levels, and negotiation is based off average party level.

Although it's still not as bad my personal RPG pet peeve: Dead characters not getting XP. :p

Yeah if dead characters got no XP in this game it'd be way harder. Daggum Mudo sometimes clocks me.

I can confirm that. Only on NG+ though.

Levito

Banned
Like flux said, it;s only getting marketed because it's the closest, but I can see this one being the highest seller of the spin offs easily, in Japan anyways.

I suppose, but it's not like say Suplex is the much further off than it and it hasn't received nearly as big of a push.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, I think there's not as much new stuff to advertise for Ultimax. You have the characters out there, maybe a preview of the story mode, but that's about it.

FluxWaveZ

I suppose, but it's not like say Suplex is the much further off than it and it hasn't received nearly as big of a push.

That's true, though it depends on when specifically P4AU will be out. They might be reserving the marketing push until after they have actually revealed its release date. Maybe it would be accurate to say they're prioritizing PQ marketing right now compared specifically to P4AU since the former has the advantage of being out first, and for other reasons, but that might not be correct either.

Also, I think there's not as much new stuff to advertise for Ultimax. You have the characters out there, maybe a preview of the story mode, but that's about it.

That's extremely reductive, even though it's accurate to say that we've seen more of P4AU than PQ since it's been out in arcades.

Top Bottom