• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

Persona 1

I told Maki, I told her like seven times I was like "We don't have time to go to the mall. Your
universe
is fucked up, my
universe
is fucked up, and we should fix this stuff."

We still went to the Mall because Fred is whipped and Mark is thirsty as fuck. And now
we can't leave the Mall.

Acid08

Banned
Persona 1

I told Maki, I told her like seven times I was like "We don't have time to go to the mall. Your
universe
is fucked up, my
universe

We still went to the Mall because Fred is whipped and Mark is thirsty as fuck. And now
we can't leave the Mall.
Welcome to the best part of the game. Wait no, WORST part of the game. I always get those words confused.

I understand nerfing the boss character, but Liz is just hard to watch.

I find it hilarious too because I know that she's not that great, but the average (dumb) online Liz against me on netplay is like an 8-2 matchup in their favor.

Damn my constantly rushing in and having no projectile moves while they just Ziodyne ;_;

hao chi

I find it hilarious too because I know that she's not that great, but the average (dumb) online Liz against me on netplay is like an 8-2 matchup in their favor.

Damn my constantly rushing in and having no projectile moves while they just Ziodyne ;_;

Liz is weird with how she's the worst character, but she's really hard to fight against for new players/people inexperienced with the match up.

PK Gaming

Liz is weird with how she's the worst character, but she's really hard to fight against for new players/people inexperienced with the match up.

That's (probably) why they nerfed her Maziodyne. It was one of her strongest tools, but it was a total scrub killer.

PK Gaming

They nerfed it?

Awesome

(Trigger warning)

BiyDGY1CMAEXhnE.png:large

FluxWaveZ

(Trigger warning)

BiyDGY1CMAEXhnE.png:large

Not necessarily nerfed, though. Chie can low profile it with her 2A (which is risky), but Liz at least isn't vulnerable for forever after 236A. Same for 236B.

Despite her nerfs, she'll still be someone that inexperienced players will have a lot of trouble with because of Thanatos. And the nature of her supers. Her weaknesses are only really relevant in experienced play.

CorvoSol

So, because people are notoriously bad at interpreting sprites, what is Aki doing? Is she lifting a cup above her head, or is she pointing an evoker at her head? I really can't tell.

And on the one hand, it's painfully obvious what the deal is with Aki. On the other hand, I said the same thing about Shadow Jesus.

Persona 1

universe
is fucked up, my
universe

we can't leave the Mall.

You are now at the worst dungeon in the game.
Not only is this one the one with the most annoying layout, you get to the end, and you get kicked out, and have to do the whole dungeon again. You cannot avoid this, I am warning you ahead of time.

CorvoSol

You are now at the worst dungeon in the game.
Not only is this one the one with the most annoying layout, you get to the end, and you get kicked out, and have to do the whole dungeon again. You cannot avoid this, I am warning you ahead of time.

That subway with the directional floors was already BS. But I guess I'll take a minute to grind so I can have two Megido users before going too far in this dungeon, I guess.

PK Gaming

Not necessarily nerfed, though. Chie can low profile it with her 2A (which is risky), but Liz at least isn't vulnerable for forever after 236A. Same for 236B.

Despite her nerfs, she'll still be someone that inexperienced players will have a lot of trouble with because of Thanatos. And the nature of her supers. Her weaknesses are only really relevant in experienced play.

I was mostly joking with that image, since it enraged with Elizabeth mains.

Maziodyne did get noticeable nerfs, however. Both versions of Maziodyne have more startup and recovery time, and significantly less active frames overall.

You're thinking of it's awakening version, which have less start up and less recovery.

FluxWaveZ

Maziodyne did get significant nerfs, however. Both versions of Maziodyne have more startup and recovery time, and significantly less active frames overall.

You're thinking of it's awakening version, which has less start up and less recovery.

No, I'm not. The number of active frames Maziodyne lasts for doesn't mean much in terms of spam potential if the opponent was blocking during its first frame or not. Either they'll block during the course of it or get hit, because nothing else is happening except for the beam.

The new 236A has one more frame of startup and 64 frames of total recovery instead of 50, but it now has -14 frame advantage compared to -35, which means Elizabeth won't just be standing there for a long time, vulnerable, while the opponent gets to rapidly close the gap and punish her. One frame of extra startup isn't much, so that means an opponent who had a hard time getting around her Maziodyne spam before will have an even harder time in P4AU because she is able to act again that much faster.

There's the fact that it's slimmer and that it has less base damage, but I'm just talking about how much she can get out of spamming her 236A here. It being slimmer and having less recovery frames would mean that opponents would be able to dodge it more easily by well timed high jumps/double jumps, but I imagine that if the opponent could do that, they wouldn't have much trouble with Liz Maziodyne P4A spam in the first place.

Just to be clear, by "not necessarily nerfed", I meant that it's not a straight nerf with everything being worse and no redeeming factors to it. A lot of P4U2 balance changes in terms of frame data are like that.

PK Gaming

No, I'm not. The number of active frames Maziodyne lasts for doesn't mean much in terms of spam potential if the opponent was blocking during its first frame or not. Either they'll block during the course of it or get hit, because nothing else is happening except for the beam.

The new 236A has one more frame of startup and 64 frames of total recovery instead of 50, but it now has -14 frame advantage compared to -35, which means Elizabeth won't just be standing there for a long time, vulnerable, while the opponent gets to rapidly close the gap and punish her. One frame of extra startup isn't much, so that means an opponent who had a hard time getting around her Maziodyne spam before will have an even harder time in P4AU because she is able to act again that much faster.

There's the fact that it's slimmer and that it has less base damage, but I'm just talking about how much she can get out of spamming her 236A here. It being slimmer and having less recovery frames would mean that opponents would be able to dodge it more easily by well timed high jumps/double jumps, but I imagine that if the opponent could do that, they wouldn't have much trouble with Liz Maziodyne P4A spam in the first place.

Just to be clear, by "not necessarily nerfed", I meant that it's not a straight nerf with everything being worse and no redeeming factors to it. A lot of P4U2 balance changes in terms of frame data are like that.

byjNah8.png

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.
I'll give all the new guys a turn, see if any of them take my fancy.
But if none do, then it'll be Yu, Yukiko, Kanji, Labrys, Yosuke on rotation.

FluxWaveZ

I find the concept of "main" to be restrictive and not very fun when it comes to playing casually, which is why I'll just play anyone and everyone. Mostly Shadows, though, since a lot of my time will be spent reverse-mirroring people.

Top Bottom