• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

I'm definitely picking up Raidou 1, but I still have Tales of Xillia and KH 1.5 HD to finish... Not to mention that I want to buy FFX | X-2 HD too.

I guess I'll play Raidou 1 after P4, I definitely need more Megaten after finishing P4.

Maybe by then, Raidou 2 (Which is a superior game in every way except the story to 1!) will be out.

Acid08

Banned
Definitely

Devil Survivor Overclocked(3DS) and Soul Hackers(3DS) are both fantastic games. Devil Survivor 2(DS) and Strange Journey(DS) are pretty good.

All of them. Basically, any Megaten past the PS1/Saturn era has been good to great, with the worst games only being pretty good! You can't really go wrong with a PS2-3DS era Megaten game!
Cool, thanks! What are the general pros/cons of Devil Survivor Overclocked and Soul Hackers?

Getting paid tomorrow and trying to decide between these and FFX/X-2 Vita.

cjkeats

Hey, did anyone find my secret message in the P4 email this afternoon yet?! You all found the Conception 2 teaser in like...zero seconds flat. But between the P4 email and the reveal in the Raidou email, you guys have been slipping. SHOULD I BE LESS SUBTLE?

AgL8K.jpg

Great, now I'm staring at this email for the next 4 hours.

arue

Hey, did anyone find my secret message in the P4 email this afternoon yet?! You all found the Conception 2 teaser in like...zero seconds flat. But between the P4 email and the reveal in the Raidou email, you guys have been slipping. SHOULD I BE LESS SUBTLE?

I don't know if this is a coincidence or what, but Digital Devil Saga's NA release was three days before April 8.
The email mentioned that April 8 is three days after Yu arrived in Inaba, so I just used that to make an assumption :p

I always feel like people are beating P4G in batches. Why is that? Is it clustered in groups that buy in during sales?

Either way, it's awesome to see people finishing it and finding it as stellar as I did.

My dumb self actually thought I beat it back in May 2013. I got the "bad" end but I thought that was it. I found out about different endings a while later so I started the game over and decided to tackle it on my second playthrough which was pretty much a breeze. I finally just now beat the game today, almost a year later.

AgL8K.jpg

Dude, I'll be damned if we made Nanako cry. :p

Oh, and Persona 4 is trending worldwide on twitter. Fuck yeah. :)

CorvoSol

I always feel like people are beating P4G in batches. Why is that? Is it clustered in groups that buy in during sales?

Either way, it's awesome to see people finishing it and finding it as stellar as I did.

Well the wave I rode in on was the "I got this for Christmas wave." so there's at least some logic behind that.

hao chi

Damn P4G... I want animal crackers now. I haven't had any in years. :(

I went shooting with my brother during Christmas break, and the shooting range we were at had complimentary snacks, including animal crackers.

The bag I got had quite a few penguins in it. :D

FluxWaveZ

I'll spoil the secret in the Raidou email: I spelled out the release date for P4. Plain as day. No one got it (that I'm aware of).

Different method in the P4 email.

Wha-? I looked over it myself before and the only thing I could find (and still find) was that link to the ESRB listing...

Yeah, sadly it's has a 99% chance of never happening. :( If you are planning on getting it, you may as well just get that version. Cheaper than the two separate DVD sets and nicer packaging/discs, and some "Experiment" special features.

Annoying though. I guess Sentai could make it up to me if it announced an English Blu Ray release of the P3 movies. I really hope they come stateside.

I think you are underestimating the limits of my patience.

I'm still waiting for the Eternal Punishment Portable localization.

arue

I found it!
Astute fans will recognize the date is three days before the main character transfers to Yasogami High School, so if you're the type of super-dedicated player that wants to play the game exactly to the calendar date, there's still time!

There's a link on the exclamation mark at the end of the sentence. It leads to...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

edit: I found it without the massive hint btw :p

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Man, you've got me super paranoid now. Time to stare at the P4 email for the next hour. REVEAL YOUR SECRETS TO ME.

It's probably because I put it there, but it's as plainly obvious as a throbbing heart under the floorboards!

Pastebin won't help you. (MASSIVE HINT)

Squire

Banned
I'll spoil the secret in the Raidou email: I spelled out the release date for P4. Plain as day. No one got it (that I'm aware of).

Different method in the P4 email.

We talked about that yesterday, dawg. A user by the name of Meia found it and posted it in the thread about P4's ESRB rating. :)

I love the fact that in the Persona 4 tweet, they start off with a Persona 3 quote...... yeah.

So when will the rampant speculation on what the "But wait, there's more!" begin? And more importantly, when will we find out?

PK Gaming

Cool, thanks! What are the general pros/cons of Devil Survivor Overclocked and Soul Hackers?

Getting paid tomorrow and trying to decide between these and FFX/X-2 Vita.

DS:O
+Awesome, addictive, flexible gameplay
+Engrossing story with multiple routes
+Great characters (and some not so great ones, lmaonade)
+Tons of replay value
-+Difficult on your first run
-Can lock yourself out of routes via your decisions

Soul Hackers
+Great gameplay (perfect setups are incredible fun)
+Fun sidequests
+Solid story and a fantastic set of characters
-Demon negotiation
-Somewhat short

DS:O
+Awesome, addictive, flexible gameplay
+Engrossing story with multiple routes
+Great characters (and some not so great ones, lmaonade)
+Tons of replay value
-+Difficult on your first run
-Can lock yourself out of routes via your decisions

Soul Hackers
+Great gameplay (perfect setups are incredible fun)
+Fun sidequests
+Solid story and a fantastic set of characters
-Demon negotiation
-Somewhat short

+long and fun postgame stuff

Squire

Banned
I love the fact that in the Persona 4 tweet, they start off with a Persona 3 quote...... yeah.

So when will the rampant speculation on what the "But wait, there's more!" begin? And more importantly, when will we find out?

Off the top of my head: The first movie is coming over.

The image is Tanaka and the video is his music (a track originating in P3). FES is already on PSN so of course there's no point in putting up the original.

Acid08

Banned

The image is Tanaka and the video is his music (a track originating in P3). FES is already on PSN so of course there's no point in putting up the original.
P3 3DS is finally a reality. It'll just be the superior original version too.

Sophia

Just you wait....YOU'LL RUE THE DAY! RUE, I SAY!

You shouldn't tease them y'know? They might do something obsessively dangerous, if they haven't already. Like play every game in the series nonstop....

tumblr_mjq0zdPzTN1s3uqfuo1_500.jpg

Top Bottom