• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Has there been any translated Persona Stalker Club videos? Or no one's doing this in case it becomes a Blazblue radio Youtube account takedown thing?

CorvoSol

That explains some of the social links Makoto makes.

Everything Makoto does in Persona 3 is justifiable under his two motivating causes: Fuck bitches and promote Junes. That whole time he was with Kenji? He just wanted the man to buy some gosh dang product.

Rubedo

Everything Makoto does in Persona 3 is justifiable under his two motivating causes: Fuck bitches and promote Junes. That whole time he was with Kenji? He just wanted the man to buy some gosh dang product.

Y'know I've been thinking. Everyone seems to intepret Makoto/Minato as being a guy who just manipulates all his S. Links and tells them what they want to hear.

Well what if it's not that he's intentionally manipulating them but is so uncomfortable with social interactions that he just says whatever he thinks they'll like because he has no idea what else to say. Maybe he's just desperate for someone to like him and says what he thinks will make him look friendly. He looks like a loner type so it's possible he's just really socially awkward.

Heh, do you really want to hear what they have to say that much?

Kind of lol, it's just I recently found some translated Blazblue Radio videos and those were amusing, it's a shame I started on them when Youtube/the internet deleted the videos T-T. Doubt there's that many new information on these videos though.

CorvoSol

Y'know I've been thinking. Everyone seems to intepret Makoto/Minato as being a guy who just manipulates all his S. Links and tells them what they want to hear.

Well what if it's not that he's intentionally manipulating them but is so uncomfortable with social interactions that he just says whatever he thinks they'll like because he has no idea what else to say. Maybe he's just desperate for someone to like him and says what he thinks will make him look friendly. He looks like a loner type so it's possible he's just really socially awkward.

The way I did it was actually only him being manipulative for female SLinks so he could get laid. Male SLinks I made him tell people they were dumb so much it jeopardized the Kenji SLink at least once.

FluxWaveZ

The interview at the end of the Persona 3: Official Design Works makes it pretty clear that the purpose of Makoto's interactions with his Social Links is a form of mutually beneficial manipulation, and I never really saw him as socially awkward or even as someone who'd want other people to like him (that's definitely Yu in how he's characterized in P4A and the anime).

From what I've heard of P3M and maybe a bit of PQ, it seems that Makoto's more the kind of person to learn and grow from the interactions he's had with his Social Links by listening instead of having him resolve their issues himself as though he had all the answers.

Rubedo

The interview at the end of the Persona 3: Official Design Works makes it pretty clear that the purpose of Makoto's interactions with his Social Links is a form of mutually beneficial manipulation, and I never really saw him as socially awkward or even as someone who'd want other people to like him (that's definitely Yu in how he's characterized in P4A and the anime).

Oh really? That's interesting. I never thought they'd give a real "official" interpretation of the playable characters' motivations. Even in Arena, Yu is kept pretty basic and vague enough to fit in with most people's playthroughs.

FluxWaveZ

Oh really? That's interesting. I never thought they'd give a real "official" interpretation of the playable characters' motivations. Even in Arena, Yu is kept pretty basic and vague enough to fit in with most people's playthroughs.

(Persona 4 spoilers)
This scene in the anime as well as essentially the whole episode which leads up to that point made it pretty clear that Yu's fear is the loss of acceptance and friendship, and that he will maintain an illusion—a lie—if it means he doesn't have to be alone. This is hinted just a bit in P4A, but it's pretty explicit in P4AU via Yu's Shadow.

Also, there was basically the first half of episode 12 which was all about that:
2096546-12.jpg

Dunan

Question for you music buffs: Spotted the Persona Mayonaka Arena OST for about Y2300 (30% off its list price) yesterday. Is it worth buying?

Also, I've started playing Persona 3 Portable. I really like how things are going so far, and the atmosphere is a little more serious and interesting than how P4G started off. Looking forward to what comes next.

Tamanon

Banned
(Persona 4 spoilers)
This scene in the anime as well as essentially the whole episode which leads up to that point made it pretty clear that Yu's fear is the loss of acceptance and friendship, and that he will maintain an illusion—a lie—if it means he doesn't have to be alone. This is hinted just a bit in P4A, but it's pretty explicit in P4AU via Yu's Shadow.

Also, there was basically the first half of episode 12 which was all about that:

Speaking of the anime, I'm reminded of this scene(endgame spoilers), where I thought the dub did the series some good justice. JYB was completely on point in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2a5terg5JM

PK Gaming

(Persona 4 spoilers)

Friendship’s an illusion; you’re on your own, and you’re empty. You have no bonds. You have nothing at all.

kewlmyc

(Persona 4 spoilers)

This reason was the reason why I liked the anime so much. The characterization they gave to Yu was great. So great, it's start to seep its way into the regular games. It's another reason why I'm looking forward to the P3 movies so much.

Also, goddammit Levito. I do remember a mod giving him a warning a week or so ago.

(Persona 4 spoilers)

Very true. I hope his insecurities and weaknesses are emphasized more in ultimax. it would add more value to his overall character, as 99% of the time he appears either neutral and relaxed, or a total boss.

Well, some news about the Persona 4 anime. I was about to buy the Blu Rays when I see on Amazon there's gonna be a Complete Collection for the anime, dual audio, released next month. I seriously was happy and about to get that. But Goddammit.Why do they do this? No Blu-Ray version really? I know it's cuz of reverse imports, but seriously, they screw us out of getting the best version.That bugs me, even if the Blu-Ray isn't that much better quality, it just does.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I462XXO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
ItemDescription

Well, some news about the Persona 4 anime. I was about to buy the Blu Rays when I see on Amazon there's gonna be a Complete Collection for the anime, dual audio, released next month. I seriously was happy and about to get that. But Goddammit.Why do they do this? No Blu-Ray version really? I know it's cuz of reverse imports, but seriously, they screw us out of getting the best version.That bugs me, even if the Blu-Ray isn't that much better quality, it just does.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I462XXO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
ItemDescription

Does it include the movie?

Sophia

so is that like a thing a lot of animes do? where they include a new episode with the final dvd/br? kill la kill is doing it too.

For a lot of shows, Blu-Ray/DVDs actually drive their profit. Including an extra episode is thus an additional way encourage the small amount of buyers. :p

Silky

Banned
I don't have my Vita anymore (waste of $$$) so I'm waiting patiently to play P4 again when it hits PS2 classics.

Shame that even Danganronpa couldn't keep me for the thing forever.

Do we know if P4AU has looping audio?

FluxWaveZ

Shadow Persona 3 character mirror match theme in P4AU is probably Darkness. Probably the last one to be discovered for now, unless there's a real hidden theme of some obscure match-up.

Edit: Also, first I've seen of S. Yosuke's win animation in motion:

isE9SCRSTi487.gif

A few of the Shadows have knocked out opponent interaction when they win, like this one does.

Top Bottom