• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

hao chi

Really? That's awesome. Hearing that awkward pause between the end of one play of the song to the start of the next always bugged me in ASW games

Well that and no rematch button :p

I always end up completely tuning out the music in fighting games, so I've seriously never noticed the songs don't loop.

Makes me wonder why I'm so hyped for Ultimax's soundtrack when I know I'll hardly ever hear it.

PK Gaming

Shadow Persona 3 character mirror match theme in P4AU is probably Darkness. Probably the last one to be discovered for now, unless there's a real hidden theme of some obscure match-up.

Edit: Also, first I've seen of S. Yosuke's win animation in motion:

isE9SCRSTi487.gif

A few of the Shadows have knocked out opponent interaction when they win, like this one does.

Nice

Do you have a link to the others that do that? I've only seen Shadow Akihiko.

(he picks the loser off the ground...!)

Now the only thing preventing me from adding it to the cart is whether or not I have the patience to wait for a blu-ray release.
Yeah, sadly it's has a 99% chance of never happening. :( If you are planning on getting it, you may as well just get that version. Cheaper than the two separate DVD sets and nicer packaging/discs, and some "Experiment" special features.

Annoying though. I guess Sentai could make it up to me if it announced an English Blu Ray release of the P3 movies. I really hope they come stateside.

'Sup dudes?

My account has finally been activated, so I can stop just lurking around and be an active member here! I'm glad I made it in time for this:

OK, so since today is April 1st, I suggest the next week be........

FOOL WEEK! Personas, Characters, Arcana card, whatever you associate with the Fool Arcana. Lets see what PersonaGAF comes up with this week.

I suck at drawing, but luckily my favorite Persona of the Fool Arcana (having only played P3&4) just happens to be really easy to draw. Here it is, Black Frost:

I still think I could have done his hands better than that, but drawing is not my thing, I'm a musician. Oh well, at least it was fun.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here!

FluxWaveZ

Nice

Do you have a link to the others that do that? I've only seen Shadow Akihiko.

(he picks the loser off the ground...!)

Shadow Chie walks towards her opponent, stomps on them and points her finger downwards at them condescendingly when she wins.

I'm not sure if she goes towards her opponent for this or not, but I think Shadow Yukari approaches her knocked down opponent and lies on the ground in front of them, smiling.

Oh, and Shadow Yukiko might pose on top of her knocked down opponent.

Edit: She does not.
ibaSwQmmkimVUZ.gif

So the ones that do are S. Akihiko, Yosuke and Chie. Maybe Yukari.

PK Gaming

Shadow Chie walks towards her opponent, stomps on them and points her finger downwards at them condescendingly when she wins.

I'm not sure if she goes towards her opponent for this or not, but I think Shadow Yukari approaches her knocked down opponent and lies on the ground in front of them, smiling.

Oh, and Shadow Yukiko might pose on top of her knocked down opponent.

Haha, awesome

They really put a lot effort into making the Shadows feel distinct and entertaining.

Dantis

Welcome, new person!

On the topic of drawing, if anybody with a Facebook account would like to vote for my costume in the DOA costume competition, I will actually be your best friend.

EDIT: I should probably point out that the entries haven't been put up yet. I'm talking about when they have, obviously. :p

'Sup dudes?

My account has finally been activated, so I can stop just lurking around and be an active member here! I'm glad I made it in time for this:

I suck at drawing, but luckily my favorite Persona of the Fool Arcana (having only played P3&4) just happens to be really easy to draw. Here it is, Black Frost:

I still think I could have done his hands better than that, but drawing is not my thing, I'm a musician. Oh well, at least it was fun.

Nice drawing dude, and welcome to the party pal!

arue

'Sup dudes?

Welcome! It's nice to have another artist (as in musician) in PersonaGAF.

That Black Frost is not that bad at all!

Thank you all for welcoming me! :D

On the topic of drawing, if anybody with a Facebook account would like to vote for my costume in the DOA costume competition, I will actually be your best friend.

Just let me know when and you'll have my vote. I've seen your work, Dantis. It's awesome.

PS: If I ever say something that makes little sense, it's probably because English is not my native language :p

Moonlight

Banned
'Sup dudes?

Welcome! This community thread seems to have a way of attracting talent.

kewlmyc

'Sup dudes?

Welcome to the danger zone.

'Sup dudes?

Welcome!

Dantis

Thank you all for welcoming me! :D

Just let me know when and you'll have my vote. I've seen your work, Dantis. It's awesome.

PS: If I ever say something that makes little sense, it's probably because English is not my native language :p

You're my new favourite member.

Gazoinks

'Sup dudes?

Welcome! Always nice to see more musicians about. :D

Squire

Banned

Yeah, dude, I loved it. Most of the songs were only OK, but "Let It Go" completely loved up to the hype and the script was hilarious. Anna steals the show. I love how awkward she is. Elsa was just stunning. Those ice powers.

Also holy shit @ IGN giving P4 a 9 and P4G a 9.3

Caladrius

10 dollars. I wonder what I'm getting next week.

'Sup dudes?

Welcome to the delirious world of PersonaGAF!

I'd buy Golden on PS3 in a heartbeat. I don't have a Vita cuz the only game I'd get is P4G.

Same. That and P4DAN.

Classic IGN. I still don't understand why they use those .random-number-that-makes-no-sense

I don't think that will ever happen :/ But P4 vanilla is better than nothing, I guess.

Yeah, but I'm still happy with P4 being released on PSN. Now if they port some of the other SMT games like DDS I'll be really happy.

arue

THE DAY HAS COME! THANK YOU ATLUS!

Definitely picking it up and playing it over the summer.

I want to start at the same time Yu arrives in Inaba, but it's impossible for me :(

Phatmac

I'll finally be able to say that I played Persona 4 instead of relying on the endurance run for all of my knowledge of the game. Also hello! Just noticed that persona had a gaf community so I had to get in on the action!

You guys who are gonna pick up Persona 4 should also try out Raidou 1 (with knowledge that it is one of the lesser modern Megaten games, but still good!)

Also welcome new people!

Like buddha said, go try out SMT Devil Summoner. It recently got released on psn for $10.

I'll finally be able to say that I played Persona 4 instead of relying on the endurance run for all of my knowledge of the game. Also hello! Just noticed that persona had a gaf community so I had to get in on the action!

Welcome. Persona 3 FES has been on PSN for a while so play it if you haven't already.

Hi, I'm kinda new here and I wanted to say hello because I've been following the Persona Community threads for a long time and I only became a Neogaf user recently, that would be all, see you later (also my first language is spanish so please be gentle with grammatical errors xD)

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Hey, did anyone find my secret message in the P4 email this afternoon yet?! You all found the Conception 2 teaser in like...zero seconds flat. But between the P4 email and the reveal in the Raidou email, you guys have been slipping. SHOULD I BE LESS SUBTLE?

AgL8K.jpg

Lunar15

I always feel like people are beating P4G in batches. Why is that? Is it clustered in groups that buy in during sales?

Either way, it's awesome to see people finishing it and finding it as stellar as I did.

Are any of the DS/3DS Megaten games worth picking up? Besides SMTIV.

All of them. Basically, any Megaten past the PS1/Saturn era has been good to great, with the worst games only being pretty good! You can't really go wrong with a PS2-3DS era Megaten game!

arue

You guys who are gonna pick up Persona 4 should also try out Raidou 1 (with knowledge that it is one of the lesser modern Megaten games, but still good!)

Like buddha said, go try out SMT Devil Summoner. It recently got released on psn for $10.

I'm definitely picking up Raidou 1, but I still have Tales of Xillia and KH 1.5 HD to finish... Not to mention that I want to buy FFX | X-2 HD too.

I guess I'll play Raidou 1 after P4, I definitely need more Megaten after finishing P4.

Hi, I'm kinda new here and I wanted to say hello because I've been following the Persona Community threads for a long time and I only became a Neogaf user recently, that would be all, see you later (also my first language is spanish so please be gentle with grammatical errors xD)

Welcome! I love your avatar. Megaman was my first video game and I still love it until now.

Top Bottom