• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Andrefpvs

tumblr_mjq0zdPzTN1s3uqfuo1_500.jpg

esqkeG1.jpg

kewlmyc

Off the top of my head: The first movie is coming over.

The image is Tanaka and the video is his music (a track originating in P3). FES is already on PSN so of course there's no point in putting up the original.

I'm starting to think that Aniplex is going to wait until all 3 movies (or 4?) are out before bringing them over. No point in dubbing them one at a time, when you can release all of them in one super expensive bundle.

If any of the P3 movies make it to theatres in NA, I will personally pay for the tickets and snacks of any PersonaGAFers who are willing to trek down to Ontario in order to see it.

Hell, even if it just gets a Blu-Ray release, I'm willing to rent out a modestly-sized theatre to have a PGAF screening of it. NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME IS, THIS EVEN SHALL BE THE STUFF OF LEGENDS!

If any of the P3 movies make it to theatres in NA, I will personally pay for the tickets and snacks of any PersonaGAFers who are willing to trek down to Ontario in order to see it.

Hell, even if it just gets a Blu-Ray release, I'm willing to rent out a modestly-sized theatre to have a PGAF screening of it. NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME IS, THIS EVEN SHALL BE THE STUFF OF LEGENDS!

Waifu wars will never be the same again.

I'll show up in disguise

My name is Dant Is.

I'll show up in disguise

My name is Dant Is.

You can't fool me... MR EVIL!

Guess it's good for you that I live in Ontario.

kewlmyc

I'll keep you on your word :p.

Can I go? You'll have to pay me a plane ticket, though. I'll pay my own movie ticket and my snacks, and maybe even yours :p

koutoru

I hope your ready for what's to come.

Sophia

Welcome, Ljrivarola.

If Persona 3 ends up being played in theaters anywhere near me, I am so going to see it. Even if it bankrupts me. >.<;

Caladrius

I'll make a Persona fan-film even if it causes a singularity of suck.

On the upside you might be able to get in the first 30 seconds before being spaghettified.

Welcome, Ljrivarola.

If Persona 3 ends up being played in theaters anywhere near me, I am so going to see it. Even if it bankrupts me. >.<;

Thanks Sophia and Scrafty :D

At least there's a slim chance it'll be played SOMEWHERE near you all. In my country the only anime movies that made it to theatres were Dragon Ball movies, I think. So yeah, no Persona 3 on theatres for me.

Squire

Banned
I'm starting to think that Aniplex is going to wait until all 3 movies (or 4?) are out before bringing them over. No point in dubbing them one at a time, when you can release all of them in one super expensive bundle.

Well yeah, but we have to remember that Aniplex US doesn't get everything that Aniplex gets. If Atlus USA wants to put the movies out (and I'm willing to bet they can given NISA has gotten into the anime game to a minimal extent) then I don't really think Aniplex would refuse them.

And highway robbery is Aniplex's thing. I don't see Atlus trying that and I don't see the bulk of their fans going for it. Four films (after all is said and done) probably with extras included on top of being an import, right? How many hundreds of dollars is that after Aniplex math?

Sophia

Well yeah, but we have to remember that Aniplex US doesn't get everything that Aniplex gets. If Atlus USA wants to put the movies out (and I'm willing to bet they can given NISA has gotten into the anime game to a minimal extent) then I don't really think Aniplex would refuse them.

And highway robbery is Aniplex's thing. I don't see Atlus trying that and I don't see the bulk of their fans going for it. Four films (after all is said and done) probably with extras included on top of being an import, right? How many hundreds of dollars is that after Aniplex math?

If we assume the price of the first movie in Japan.... $150. Blu-Ray will be English only, of course. =p

Squire

Banned
If we assume the price of the first movie in Japan.... $150. Blu-Ray will be English only, of course. =p

Kewlmyc is talking about Aniplex US releasing all four films in a box set after the fact. So if we multiply that by four and factor in import costs...

Dear lord. I honestly don't know how you guys give Aniplex money.

Sophia

Kewlmyc is talking about Aniplex US releasing all four films in a box set after the fact. So if we multiply that by four and factor in import costs...

I know. I used the base price of the movie in Japan to judge what Aniplex USA would sell such a boxset at. :p

Seeing as they're usually ever so slightly discounted from the Japanese release when Aniplex does them. Which means they're still a ripoff. >_>;

Tamanon

Banned
I thought the P4 Anime sets weren't that expensive. Also, I don't think they'll wait for all the movies to start releasing them.

arue

I thought the P4 Anime sets weren't that expensive. Also, I don't think they'll wait for all the movies to start releasing them.

Yeah, I think they will release each movie separately and then wait half a year to release a bundle with "cheaper" price to attract people who missed out on buying the earlier DVDs.

I'd go for it.......if only I wouldn't have to pay a 4 thousand u.s. dollars plane ticket......unless you want to pay for that too?.....no?.......had to try

kewlmyc

I don't. :)

I honestly hope that they don't get it, but I have a gut feeling they are. I don't think Atlus has as much say as you think. I could be wrong though.

Squire

Banned
I don't. :)

I honestly hope that they don't get it, but I have a gut feeling they are. I don't think Atlus has as much say as you think. I could be wrong though.

The way I see it they have a good relationship with Sony and it's ultimately their brand. Aniplex should concede out of respect, if nothing more.

Sophia

The way I see it they have a good relationship with Sony and it's ultimately their brand. Aniplex should concede out of respect, if nothing more.

Licensing frequently does not work like this. Especially if Aniplex footed the bill for the movie in the first place. =p

Which they probably did, considering Aniplex is listed separately in the credits from the "Persona 3 Movie Committee."

Top Bottom