• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Z063HPW.png

NOwcSjv.png

VtJhD4W.png

Source

I don't think there is a Band-Aid as cute as her :3

Meia

FemMC is great not only because of how cute she can be, but how much better she can make the supporting cast around her. Junpei being a protective brother is awesome, but Yukari being like a sister makes her better as well. :)

CorvoSol

FemMC is great not only because of how cute she can be, but how much better she can make the supporting cast around her. Junpei being a protective brother is awesome, but Yukari being like a sister makes her better as well. :)

Her interactions with Junpei took Junpei from being some kind of pre-Mark-post-Yosuke to being just about the best party member in the game. Fricking Junpei has a LOT of heart on her side of things. Loved Junpei's SLink.

Squire

Banned
I'm curious to see how long they can put new media out for this weekly. They've done the characters and now the battle system so one might think they're running low on stuff to show.

I'm curious to see how long they can put new media out for this weekly. They've done the characters and now the battle system so one might think they're running low on stuff to show.

I would say like up until like either the end of May to around launch in Japan, since there seems on battle part of the website a months worth of videos to show along with a section on the website devoted the Labyrinth aspect. And they haven't shown off how the sub persona(Or whatever they're calling that) system works yet either. There will be a video on that for sure.

Meia

Well, I had figured they'd translate the characters into classes, but now I'm not so sure. The classic AoA being done also puts another wrinkle on the idea, as does Yukiko's level up screen.

There's also two different bars for experience (a main and sub bar), so maybe it's for optional abilities that themselves are closer to the EO counterparts? There ARE spaces on the Persona screen for Yukiko for "Skill Cards", so maybe that's how they'll do it?

Omikaru

Saw your good news on Twitter, Jintor. Thought I'd congratulate you here, though.

JET is mighty hard to get on. As I understand it this isn't your first go through the application process, correct?

At any rate, well done! Now all you have to hope is that you get a good placement!

PK Gaming

That battle trailer was hot stuff! Did you guys notice how Palladion has Mudo now? It seems like in addition to be being able to swap Personas, Personas can now have skills they wouldn't ordinarily have. Man, the battle system is shaping up to be one of coolest things ever. Hopefully it can live up to the hype.

I'M ON THE JET PROGRAMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CONGRATS DUDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lunar15

Frank Underwood should play Persona 5 in the next season of House of Cards. It is on PS3, after all.

Senator: "Frank, we have to get this bill through congress"

Frank Underwood: "Not now, I have to fuse satan."

*turns to audience*

"What this fool doesn't know is that in order to fuse satan, I'll have to increase my social link with Nanako at least 3 more times. It's going to be a while. But that's good, I like to keep my subordinates waiting. Nanako though? I'll never make her wait, she's too important. Here in DC, it's all about priorities."

*turns back to senator*

"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to have a god-damn great day at Junes."

Dantis

I just looked up what this is. Congratulations, Jintor.

What's even better about it is that Jintor's been talking about trying to get into JET for absolutely ages, so it's really great that he's managed it.

Frank Underwood should play Persona 5 in the next season of House of Cards. It is on PS3, after all.

Senator:"Frank, we have to get this bill through congress"

"What this fool doesn't know that in order to fuse satan, I'll have to increase my social link with nanako at least 3 more times. It's going to be a while. But that's good, I like to keep my subordinates wating. Nanako though? I'll never make her wait, she's too important. In the Capitol, it's all about priorities."

*turns back to senator*

Aside from the last line, that's written in-character pretty well!

Spacey is a gamer, and I've always wondered if that's why House of Cards has so much Playstation product placement.

Swedesu

I have been considering buying a 3ds from america. But i dunno if its worth it for it just for two games (Q,SMT4). How much did you pay overall with tax? (£)

It was about as expensive as buying a new one here in Europe even with the tax. SMT IV and the console went for about 300$ with shipping included, and then my oh so lovely swedish government decided I should pay them an extra 70$ for the sin of importing.

I would still say it's worth it to import, since you get better prices on the e-shop and earlier releases in most cases.

3DS XLs are about 300$ here for the record.

Lunar15

What's even better about it is that Jintor's been talking about trying to get into JET for absolutely ages, so it's really great that he's managed it.

Aside from the last line, that's written in-character pretty well!

Spacey is a gamer, and I've always wondered if that's why House of Cards has so much Playstation product placement.

I think it's more that it's a Sony Pictures production.

Also, I had no idea how else to work in Junes, so I just imagined him saying "god-damn-great day at Junes" in a very drawn out and frustrated manner.

CorvoSol

P1

Beat the crap out of the Harem queen and her numerous, hideous moles. It was kinda neat to just have Fred and Maki take her on. Luckily Maki was rocking Phaleg so HP was never an issue in the fight. The scenes afterwards felt to me like shades of the scenes in P4 where the characters accept their shadows, because the Harem Queen had to own up to all the crappy aspects of herself and make nice with Maki and Yosuke.

Something I don't get, though: I thought that this new world with the forest and the gym and the castle was THIS Maki's world, yet the way that everyone was talking during that scene I was left to believe that either it was the OG world that had somehow gotten much worse, or the Harem Queen, like Yosuke and the rest of my party, was from the OG world and had somehow wound up here.

In any case, after this we went to Mana Castle, where Aki was being Aki, and then Reiji was all "I REALLY HATE FRIENDSHIP" and Mark was like, "Whatever douchebag. You have to come with us, though, because our goals are completely aligned." Mark is probably my favorite party member after this. Reiji and Nanjo give him so much shit and Mark just lets it roll off him like it don't mean a thing.

It was about as expensive as buying a new one here in Europe even with the tax. SMT IV and the console went for about 300$ with shipping included, and then my oh so lovely swedish government decided I should pay them an extra 70$ for the sin of importing.

3DS XLs are about 300$ here for the record.

Damn, I think that is to much, but once Q arrives, im pretty sure ill be persuaded.

You know, i went to Eurogamer last year (Europe's version of E3) and they had SMT4 there. I asked the nintendo guys when is it actually coming out. They told me definitely by the end of the year. Eurogamer was in september 2013. We're now in April 2014. :/

They lieeeeddddd to me

PK Gaming

"What this fool doesn't know is that in order to fuse satan, I'll have to increase my social link with Nanako at least 3 more times. It's going to be a while. But that's good, I like to keep my subordinates waiting. Nanako though? I'll never make her wait, she's too important. Here in DC, it's all about priorities."

*turns back to senator*

"One rank away from maxing her social link and I just found out that
Nanako is in the hospital.

Social Linking is so overrated."

P1

Beat the crap out of the Harem queen and her numerous, hideous moles. It was kinda neat to just have Fred and Maki take her on. Luckily Maki was rocking Phaleg so HP was never an issue in the fight. The scenes afterwards felt to me like shades of the scenes in P4 where the characters accept their shadows, because the Harem Queen had to own up to all the crappy aspects of herself and make nice with Maki and Yosuke.

Something I don't get, though: I thought that this new world with the forest and the gym and the castle was THIS Maki's world, yet the way that everyone was talking during that scene I was left to believe that either it was the OG world that had somehow gotten much worse, or the Harem Queen, like Yosuke and the rest of my party, was from the OG world and had somehow wound up here.

In any case, after this we went to Mana Castle, where Aki was being Aki, and then Reiji was all "I REALLY HATE FRIENDSHIP" and Mark was like, "Whatever douchebag. You have to come with us, though, because our goals are completely aligned." Mark is probably my favorite party member after this. Reiji and Nanjo give him so much shit and Mark just lets it roll off him like it don't mean a thing.

Those moles were so gross...

You're right on the money; the world your in is currently "Maki's world." As to why or how, well that remains to be seen, but you're unmistakably in Maki's world.

And yes, Mark is fucking awesome. Definitely one of the stronger P1 characters.

*turns to audience*

*turns back to senator*

I would watch that.

Swedesu

Damn, I think that is to much, but once Q arrives, im pretty sure ill be persuaded.

You know, i went to Eurogamer last year (Europe's version of E3) and they had SMT4 there. I asked the nintendo guys when is it actually coming out. They told me definitely by the end of the year. Eurogamer was in september 2013. We're now in April 2014. :/

They lieeeeddddd to me

The tax thing has been random for me so far, and only happens when I order from play-asia for some reason. Maybe they're trying to tell me something?

Amazon has served me well so far so I would probably go with them if you decide to do the deed. And yeah SMT IV and europe is a farce at this point.

Lunar15

Now imagine Yu Narukami having Frank's personality and it will totally change the way you view P4.

Social links? The power of bonds? Just stepping stones to what he really wants, which is total control and the most powerful Persona known to man.

Inaba is too easy.

arue

Also, box art:
PQ-Final-JP-Box-Art_04-04-14.jpg

I think this tweet might be talking about how there will be more and more videos showing new elements of the battle system on a weekly basis.

That's a sweet boxart. I can't wait to hold it with my own hands next year.

That battle trailer was hot stuff! Did you guys notice how Palladion has Mudo now? It seems like in addition to be being able to swap Personas, Personas can now have skills they wouldn't ordinarily have. Man, the battle system is shaping up to be one of coolest things ever. Hopefully it can live up to the hype.

If you look at the level up screen at the end, there are two slots for skill cards.

I am guessing it's a slot for skills you get from somewhere else, or potential skill cards that can be used for other persona like in P3P and P4G.

I also had to look up what JET program is. Congrats on getting in to the program Jintor!

CorvoSol

Now imagine Yu Narukami having Frank's personality and it will totally change the way you view P4.

Social links? The power of bonds? Just stepping stones to what he really wants, which is total control and the most powerful Persona known to man.

Inaba is too easy.

Especially because manipulating the emotions of small town people to his benefit is Frank's forte.

The tax thing has been random for me so far, and only happens when I order from play-asia for some reason. Maybe they're trying to tell me something?

Amazon has served me well so far so I would probably go with them if you decide to do the deed. And yeah SMT IV and europe is a farce at this point.

I just bought blazeblue chrono phantasma from play asia as well. I hope i dont get charged with tax, as it was expensive already.

A bit off topic here, but, does anyone know the font used for the "Persona5" text on the official teaser site? It looks nice, and I'd like to know the font name if anyone knows it.

Top Bottom