• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Squire

Banned
Whoops, I forgot that Cyberpunk was a sub genre of Sci-fi. Though I think what would be a cool sub genre of sci-fi for SMT to try would be Steampunk.
Would be interesting.

Oh, that would be. You could argue they've already gone halfway there, given that the Raidou games are set in the 1920s.

Soriku

While we're all talking SMT, I'm about to have copies of both Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga arrive at my house.

Which should I play first? Discuss!

Nocturne is better (especially since it has demon fusion). Also it's longer than both the DDS games combined.

DDS has a better story, but it didn't blow me away. DDS1's soundtrack rivals Nocturne's, but other than that, Nocturne is more enjoyable.

Sci-fi SMT could be cool. The angels already talk like robots.

Xenoflare

Hey guys.

I've been on and off on neogaf for a while and this is the first time I've ever been in a community thread.

I have to say that PersonaGaf is even more powerful than TV troupes. I discovered it on Amanda Winn-Lee's S.Link FM, and I read the first 146 pages (WOO NOT PRODUCTIVE AT ALL).

You guise are awesome. Everyone here is so talented/funny I feel embarrassed

Sophia

I expected this, but still. Fucking hell.... $60 for no English dub is absurd.At least we're getting a Blu-Ray release.

Anime News Network said:
Both editions will also include trailers, commercials, and audio commentary, although the bonus video extras will not include English subtitles.

Premium price for a not-so premium product. Lovely.

Dantis

10 Super P3 Stickers

If these were just normal P3 stickers I wouldn't be interested, but because these are super P3 stickers, obviously I'm now completely sold.

But seriously, £36 is a no-no.

Nocturne is better (especially since it has demon fusion). Also it's longer than both the DDS games combined.

DDS has a better story, but it didn't blow me away. DDS1's soundtrack rivals Nocturne's, but other than that, Nocturne is more enjoyable.

Well, it depends how much you like demon summoning as opposed to character building.

Personally, I like DDS miiiiiiiiiles more than Nocturne.

Hey guys.

I've been on and off on neogaf for a while and this is the first time I've ever been in a community thread.

I have to say that PersonaGaf is even more powerful than TV troupes. I discovered it on Amanda Winn-Lee's S.Link FM, and I read the first 146 pages (WOO NOT PRODUCTIVE AT ALL).

You guise are awesome. Everyone here is so talented/funny I feel embarrassed

Welcome to the thread!

Xenoflare

One voice actor I wouldn't mind hearing P5 is Crispin Freeman. Guy is a real unsung talent.

I remember I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that he voiced Sundowner, I know the voice acting in MGR is campy but just look at them.

Crispin_Freeman__3_by_CrimsonCullen.jpg

and

Sundowner_Grenade_Troll.jpg

Xenoflare

Oh and if we are talking about voice actors, I would really like to see Danielle Judovits in P5, although I'm aware that her voice is almost a splitting image of Eden Riegel's.

Matthew Mercer would be nice too, but he did voiced Kanji for the latter half of P4TA.

Oh yeah, Todd Haberkorn too.

Omikaru

I would like to see David Hayter voicing a character in Persona.

I hope Atlus finds a way to make this happen, just to see people's reaction.

Seriously though, no Hayter plz. He will only phone it in and then get replaced by Kiefer Sutherland in the future spinoff games. :3

kewlmyc

So does this mean we'll NEVER get a P3 Movie dub?

It'll get dubbed eventually. Hence why it's a IMPORT release. If it's anything like the past series Aniplex has released, they'll be a cheaper (not by much though) release that's dual audio next year or so.

FluxWaveZ

Remember what Michelle Ruff said on her Facebook page back on March 12? Believe.

Yeah, though she could have just been talking about Persona Q and any potential future game projects involving Yukari. Still, I'd expect a dub of the film in a year or two.

Off-topic, but does anyone else think that given all of the battle music additions they've made to P4AU, Burn My Dread -Last Battle- and Darkness are odd omissions? Especially for the former, it reminds me of how weirdly missing I'll Face Myself -Battle- was in P4A (which turned out to be because they were keeping it for the normal vs. Shadow character MU theme). I'd have to think they'll add it later on.

cj_iwakura

Eeeeehhh I was thinking more about outer space stuff(think Halo). There are theories about YHVH, angels, Egyptian Gods, Aztec Gods and other gods from various mythologies being aliens. They should capitalize on that.

Strange Journey is really close to that vibe, since you have a crew manning a ship.

It's also probably the most well-balanced SMT I've ever played. It never lets up on difficulty. Nocturne and especially IV can be snapped like a twig.

Strange Journey is really close to that vibe, since you have a crew manning a ship.

It's also probably the most well-balanced SMT I've ever played. It never lets up on difficulty. Nocturne and especially IV can be snapped like a twig.

I'm aware, I own strange journey.

DDS also had worse dungeons.

cj_iwakura

Haven't beaten it yet haha, stopped playing it for some reason.

Well, too bad you totally missed the endgame where they go into orbit around the Earth and Space Marine has to save the world from the Reaper invasion while balancing his fragile relationships with Zelenin and Louisa.

PK Gaming

Yeah, though she could have just been talking about Persona Q and any potential future game projects involving Yukari. Still, I'd expect a dub of the film in a year or two.

Off-topic, but does anyone else think that given all of the battle music additions they've made to P4AU, Burn My Dread -Last Battle- and Darkness are odd omissions? Especially for the former, it reminds me of how weirdly missing I'll Face Myself -Battle- was in P4A (which turned out to be because they were keeping it for the normal vs. Shadow character MU theme). I'd have to think they'll add it later on.

It is a glaring omission, and it's more fitting than most of the new songs they added.

One can only hope that they're saving it
for Makoto.

Andrefpvs

I see, thanks for the responses. I really hope they eventually dub the P3 movies. Having the English dub was one of the reasons I enjoyed P4 Animation.

FluxWaveZ

That's just what I was thinking. That would be awesome.

Also, are they using
A New World Fool
? Because I'll be really disappointed if
Adachi is in the game and that's not his theme

Related to that, I don't think any character theme should just be a straight copy and paste job of a previous game's song. Yu and Aigis have remixes of Reach Out to the Truth and Heartful Cry, which are awesome, but Elizabeth just has The Battle For Everyone's Souls and, though somewhat appropriate for her, it's pretty lazy.

pan-hime

New S.LinkFM is up! (click the image for post)
We talk about the work behind the April Fools P5 trailer. Give it a super listen!

Related to that, I don't think any character theme should just be a straight copy and paste job of a previous game's song. Yu and Aigis have remixes of Reach Out to the Truth and Heartful Cry, which are awesome, but Elizabeth just has The Battle For Everyone's Souls and, though somewhat appropriate for her, it's pretty lazy.

You have a point there. I'd actually love completely new music, specially if Meguro is composing it, but hey, if they are going to recycle pretty much every song they can or making remixes of old songs, then I have some favorites I'd like to see in the game.

New S.LinkFM is up! (click the image for post)
We talk about the work behind the April Fools P5 trailer. Give it a super listen!

Awesome! I'm already downloading it :)

So I've decided to get the collector's edition of the P3 blu-ray.

Consequently, my grocery list is now bulk tofu and rice.
It's not going to be worth it, is it? ;__;

cj_iwakura

So I've decided to get the collector's edition of the P3 blu-ray.

Consequently, my grocery list is now bulk tofu and rice.
It's not going to be worth it, is it? ;__;
No, it's not. You're part of the problem.
I bought the Fate/Zero blu-rays, so I am too.

But really, that is a dire ripoff for a film. In one language.

Criterion don't have the nerve to overcharge like that. The anime industry has got stones.

Top Bottom