• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

No, it's not. You're part of the problem.
I bought the Fate/Zero blu-rays, so I am too.

But really, that is a dire ripoff for a film. In one language.

Criterion don't have the nerve to overcharge like that. The anime industry has got stones.

Well and they're not bothering to subtitle the audio commentary on the disc is annoying as well, because I would actually like to listen to that as well. If you gonna ask us to pay that much, do all of the subtitling as well for all the content and not just some of it. I know it's an import, but it still feels like a rip-off when you don't have all your content on the disc subtitled.

And I'm gonna assume that there will be a release of this with a dub (Maybe a limited theatrical release). Since almost all of their import stuff has had a dub done.

nooooooo.

2007797-endearing_character_trait.jpg

they aren't wrong yo

cj_iwakura

I may need to play them side by side to compare, but I think the Haunted House in Persona 1 uses the exact same textures as Soul Hackers' VR Horror House.

Squire

Banned
Happy birthday, TrueSelf! You're an artist and a gentleman. Stay that way, always.

nooooooo.

looooool

I just listened. That has to be one of my favorite episodes. You guys did a great job with the trailer and it might sound odd, but I'm really proud of all of you. You guys won the internet that day, as far as I'm concerned.

but is there something inherently wrong in wanting a darker persona 5? does it have to be mocked really every time anyone says that?

It doesn't, but Levito explains what we mean when we joke about that. It's not about liking dark things, but rather suggesting or indirectly implying that a darker tone makes a story better or more mature. It doesn't.

If you ask me, the marks of maturity in narrative are thematic depth, tonal consistency, and characters who are written in a way that's believable. You can pull that off regardless of tone and it won't be any easier to do in a darker story than it is in a lighter one.

Happy birthday, TrueSelf! You're an artist and a gentleman. Stay that way, always.

looooool

I just listened. That has to be one of my favorite episodes. You guys did a great job with the trailer and it might sound odd, but I'm really proud of all of you. You guys won the internet that day, as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't, but Levito explains what we mean when we joke about that. It's not about liking dark things, but rather suggesting or indirectly implying that a darker tone makes a story better or more mature. It doesn't.

If you ask me, the marks of maturity in narrative are thematic depth, tonal consistency, and characters who are written in a way that's believable. You can pull that off regardless of tone and it won't be any easier to do in a darker story than it is in a lighter one.

Oh no question. I just kind of want a darker game because I think I would be interested in seeing how this team could handle something like that, not because its more "mature." I don't really mean CRAWLING IN YOUR SKIN dark tho lol.

Rubedo

I think another thing is that a lot of people assume a "lighter" story means a goofy one which isn't always the case. Just because a character isn't dying or getting psychologically screwed every other scene doesn't mean everything is all jokes or full of simplified plot points.

Squire

Banned
I think another thing is that a lot of people assume a "lighter" story means a goofy one which isn't always the case. Just because a character isn't dying or getting psychologically screwed every other scene doesn't mean everything is all jokes or full of simplified plot points.

Indeed. The best work leaves room for a touch of levity.

Indeed. The best work leaves room for a touch of levity.

I dunno, I would be interested in seeing P-Studio tackle a true dark work. Not a GRIMDARK think like people say P2 or P3 is, but...you know what I mean. It doesn't even have to be Persona, it can be an original game, it is just something that interests me! I have faith they could pull it off.

Of course I say a true dark work meaning...well...like Demon's Souls lol, which doesn't feel dark for the sake of being dark imo.

Also, while they did botch it, I thought P4 had the potential to be even darker than P3.

kewlmyc

Congrats to Levito, Armada, TheTrueSelf, Pan-hime, and Zack for a hilarious job well done.

untitled-5vosyi.gif

But next year, there better be college. Or else.

Funny how you want maturity yet post a robot girl with a ponytail and have an avatar of a girl with hearts on her boobs with the maturity level of a middle schooler.

eNBiyrF.png

PK Gaming

Finished the latest podcast, thoughts:

• You guys were great; very mature
  • Gullible nerds are gullible
  • The laugh was cute
  • The trailer was convincing, UNTIL THE 3DS LOGO SHOWED UP GOD, WAY TO SCREW UP
  • Persona 5 will suck if its not grimdark/not set in college

Overall:
tumblr_inline_n2juimixJj1qhaskl.png

It's kind of incredible how the entire thing came together. I'm glad I was a part of this cray-cray community.

Marche90

^It was even less convincing for those who have already watched Elfen Lied, which screwed everything when the video showed the unedited scenes with coloros. You guys should have kept the black and white colors or picked up other scenes to make it more "believable".

EDIT: Forgot about this. Happy Birthday, TrueSelf!

Featuring

P3_Maiko_Render.png

Based Atlus.

Top Bottom