• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Caladrius

I'm telling you that Yosuke (P4 spoilers)
is the real killer. He killed Adachi, cut his face off, stitched it onto his and had his twin brother Yasuke fill in for him.

Lemstar

For people who haven't bought it already, I have one BBCP gameshare slot that opened up today that includes Kokonoe available for $7.50.

sold.

Silly andriod, toasters don't need glasses

YySTzYU.jpg

Someone pointed out in the Jojo's thread that Jotaro attempting to shoot himself in the head, forcing his Stand to react, could be an inspiration for Persona 3's evokers. Could just be a coincidence, but it's probably not just that.

There's a lot of JoJo in Persona, like, anyone notice any similarities between the Magician Stand and Trismegistus?

022574.jpg
MagicianRed_ASB.jpg

Meia

Yeah, I'm done with remakes now. I'm ready to get in on the new stuff. Persona 5, bring it on.

Considering P5 is announced and has a somewhat concrete date, I highly doubt a new P3 version will be out before then. :p

Going to guess the last Persona 3 movie will be out, then P5 will be out, and then the only projects on the horizon would be the Persona 4 dancing game, so seems like then's a good time to announce a definitive version of P3 for the Vita.

FluxWaveZ

There's a lot of JoJo in Persona, like, anyone notice any similarities between the Magician Stand and Trismegistus?

That seems like a bit of a stretch, but it's true that both of the Magicians are bird-man creatures. Still, it's obviously no secret that Persona lends a lot from Jojo's. The P4 cast are all making Jojo's poses for their introduction in Persona Q.

Going to guess the last Persona 3 movie will be out, then P5 will be out, and then the only projects on the horizon would be the Persona 4 dancing game, so seems like then's a good time to announce a definitive version of P3 for the Vita.

You're aware that P4D will release before Persona 5, right?

This is Atlus, you'll never be done with remakes.

All of P-Studio's projects this year are original games. I'd rather that then Persona 1/2/3/4 remakes.

CorvoSol

I'd quadruple dip and buy a Persona 3 Definitive Edition. I really think it's something that needs to happen, between FES and Portable there is no definitive version :(

I'd be down for a dream P3 with both routes, The Answer and FES presentation.

At least it isn't like FF4 where the words "definitive version" are a joke no one laughs at.

That seems like a bit of a stretch, but it's true that both of the Magicians are bird-man creatures. Still, it's obviously no secret that Persona lends a lot from Jojo's. The P4 cast are all making Jojo's poses for their introduction in Persona Q.

All of P-Studio's projects this year are original games. I'd rather that then Persona 1/2/3/4 remakes.

Doesn't mean we won't continue to get remakes though, if Atlus were to remake something right now, it would be P3, some sort of "maniax" version of SMT IV and maybe Nocturne. P3 complete edition sometime next year wouldn't surprise me at all.

FluxWaveZ

Doesn't mean we won't continue to get remakes though, if Atlus were to remake something right now, it would be P3, some sort of "maniax" version of SMT IV and maybe Nocturne. P3 complete edition sometime next year wouldn't surprise me at all.

I was assuming that Tamanon meant remakes before the release of P5 since they specifically mentioned that game. It's likely we'll see remakes of Atlus' games in the future because, as you pointed out, they tend to do that.

Tamanon

Banned
I was assuming that Tamanon meant remakes before the release of P5 since they specifically mentioned that game. It's likely we'll see remakes of Atlus' games in the future because, as you pointed out, they tend to do that.

Yup. I mean, I completely expect another Persona 3 game to capitalize on the movies wrapping up. That's just merchandising 101.

Meia

I'm aware that P4D has no date at all set, and we haven't seen a whole hell of a lot about it.

I mean, it's possible we get it before P5, and they're waiting for Q to come out before releasing anything more about it, but I wouldn't be shocked to have it come out after P5. I guess there's 6 months after Q comes out that would be a good window for it...

I'm aware that P4D has no date at all set, and we haven't seen a whole hell of a lot about it.

I mean, it's possible we get it before P5, and they're waiting for Q to come out before releasing anything more about it, but I wouldn't be shocked to have it come out after P5. I guess there's 6 months after Q comes out that would be a good window for it...

P5 is coming out in the winter, P4D is confirmed for the fall.

Tamanon

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if P5 comes to US before P4D though. I think they're going to be pouring all localization assets into getting P5 out as close as possible to the Japan release.

FluxWaveZ

Oh wow, didn't see anything about a date, ok then. :D

:/

I wouldn't be surprised if P5 comes to US before P4D though. I think they're going to be pouring all localization assets into getting P5 out as close as possible to the Japan release.

I think this as well. P4AU is most likely coming out before PQ in North America, so the release schedule already doesn't line up. Since both P5 and P4D are releasing in 2015 in NA, I wouldn't be surprised if they prioritized localization efforts to release P5 as soon as possible, either. It was suggested by PR that, with the exception of PQ, they'd want the games to be released as close to their Japan counter-parts as possible, so that could suggest P4D will be released first.

Hey, at least the price for the standard edition isn't too insane... right?

Unless I'm misreading, the standard edition is like 60 bucks, which. HahahahahaNO.

Edit: Actually I'm a little confused. This is the price for importing the blu ray and not, like, the actual US release right?

Squire

Banned
Fucking called it!

...now I'm depressed. Even more so that I'm going to buy it.

We'll get a dubbed version eventually, like they did with Fate/Zero, but this is mostly for impatient people like me.

And they'll still charge like $60 for it and it'll be a DVD. Yuck.

Top Bottom