• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

wait question

you can have multiple girlfriends in P4? I got Rise, Chief and Yukiko to 8 on their S.Links and honestly couldn't choose lol

I just rescued
Naoto
too and she seems awesome.

decisions decisions

Acid08

Banned
wait question

you can have multiple girlfriends in P4? I got Rise, Chief and Yukiko to 8 on their S.Links and honestly couldn't choose lol

I just rescued
Naoto
too and she seems awesome.

decisions decisions
Yeah you can stuff it in whoever, game doesn't care.

That import Blu-Ray is highway robbery. I'm really hoping that A) They release a dubbed version in the very-near future; and B) It costs less than fine caviar.

Holy clunky batman!! I should've played P3 FES before P4 Golden. Yuck! Fes feels so clunky compared to the smooth flow of things in p4. It's so annoying how slow the menu feels when navigating and basic things such as checking party member statuses have to be done by actually facing them and pressing x to bring it up. Also not being able to control your party member is yuck.

kewlmyc

How much is that and did they dub it? The dub issue makes or breaks this for me.

Yes it is, and it's expensive.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/pwgOJu7G1HsXf92m3r/browse/item/99817/4/6757/0

The reason Aniplex is so expensive is to discourage reverse importation (which is a silly term btw, importation is importation, how can it be reverse? Kinda like reverse-racism), so having DVD only when they're fine with having a BD import copy on sale is stupid from a buisness side of things.

It'll just cost $90 and only be in collector's edition.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HDU1LT4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Looks dubbed, but man that price. I wonder if that was the original MSRP.

Amazon isn't an official reseller of Aniplex goods, so I wouldn't trust that.

Acid08

Banned
Holy clunky batman!! I should've played P3 FES before P4 Golden. Yuck! Fes feels so clunky compared to the smooth flow of things in p4. It's so annoying how slow the menu feels when navigating and basic things such as checking party member statuses have to be done by actually facing them and pressing x to bring it up. Also not being able to control your party member is yuck.
It's not that bad. Just learn to use the tactics menu for party members.

p3p is the better game to play coming from p4 in terms of gameplay mechanics

everything else probably would've turned away tho

You'll get used to it. Assuming you properly set the tactics for each user you won't have a lot of issues. Just be wary of using Mitsuru.

p3p is the better game to play coming from p4 in terms of gameplay mechanics

everything else probably would've turned away tho

I have P3P also but I can't deal with the lack of 3d models and overworld, cutscenes and down graded gfx. Meanwhile I'm playing P3FES through the PC emulator at crystal clear 1080p.

CorvoSol

If you're having a hard time with the battle mechanics, P3P is actually fairly close to P4G in that regard. The game's presentation style isn't anywhere near as good as FES or P4G's, but I found the gameplay to be pretty easy to transition between.

You'll get used to it. Assuming you properly set the tactics for each user you won't have a lot of issues. Just be wary of using Mitsuru.

I set tactics depending on what I'm fighting. So far I'm about 14 hours in and got to the 25th block in Tartarus and I don't seem to be getting zilch for exp. I also hate how slow the MC swings the swords at the shadows, it's so easy to miss. Also navigation is clunkier since I can't outrun the shadows and get behind them and strike.

arue

I set tactics depending on what I'm fighting. So far I'm about 14 hours in and got to the 25th block in Tartarus and I don't seem to be getting zilch for exp. I also hate how slow the MC swings the swords at the shadows, it's so easy to miss. Also navigation is clunkier since I can't outrun the shadows and get behind them and strike.

I don't know if there's a similar trick to get Player Advantage in P4/P4G or not, but try this trick if you have trouble getting Player Advantage in P3/P3P:

Try to approach the shadow and turn back right away to let it chase you. Then, run until you can't see the shadow anymore in the mini map or go to the nearest platform. The shadow should have its back towards you when you go back to the shadow. This time you can strike it from the back and get Player Advantage.

I didn't know this until I saw someone on the internet mentioned that "shadows forget that you exist when you go up the stairs or platform." :p

What kind of weapon are you using? 1 handed sword and bows are good for getting the first hit on shadows.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, opened the second dungeon. Now to get to 24... oy. Hopefully I get enough EXP from battles while going through this and finishing the first few quests today to get it done in time. D:

hao chi

This thing is gonna fuck my wallet so hard and it will be worth it

It's tempting just because I can afford it, but I'm going to hold off because I don't think it's a smart purchase (for me).

No idea when/how I'll be able to watch the movies with how expensive the dub is likely to be. Maybe they'll eventually be put on a streaming service...

Personer! Go here for the description again.
tumblr_n3lba4qKeF1tt73w0o1_1280.png

tumblr_n3lba4qKeF1tt73w0o2_1280.png

THIS ENDS NOW!

*Uses Marin Karin and fails miserably*

Personer! Go here for the description again.

WOW! Awesome work, dude!

Regarding the P3 movie. I'm not worried about my money because there's no way in hell I can afford that. I'll end up paying almost $200 because of stupid taxes. Unless it gets a digital release (which I don't think will ever happen), I just can't buy it.

It's tempting just because I can afford it, but I'm going to hold off because I don't think it's a smart purchase (for me).

No idea when/how I'll be able to watch the movies with how expensive the dub is likely to be. Maybe they'll eventually be put on a streaming service...

That's exactly how I feel, like, I have the money and though it might seem like a rash decision the truth is that I've been waiting for this movie since fckn november, by the time they dub it probably a year will pass and chances are that it costs just as much, so the thing is not Be patient and get it cheaper it's more like Do you really want to wait god knows how many months more or do you want this sh*t now?!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
THIS ENDS NOW!

*Uses Marin Karin and fails miserably*

You know, everyone says that... but I never had problems with that. Probably because I never put her on Heal/Support. I generally had her on All-Out Assault.

hao chi

That's exactly how I feel, like, I have the money and though it might seem like a rash decision the truth is that I've been waiting for this movie since fckn november, by the time they dub it probably a year will pass and chances are that it costs just as much, so the thing is not Be patient and get it cheaper it's more like Do you really want to wait god knows how many months more or do you want this sh*t now?!

I've been strongly considering this point, but assuming there's four movies and they're all the same price, I'd have spent over $240 on all of them...

At this point I'm just hoping the price will drop if I wait long enough, or that they'll be added to a streaming service. I think the most I could justify paying even as a crazy P3 fan is $40 for each, and even that's kind of hard to swallow.

I've been strongly considering this point, but assuming there's four movies and they're all the same price, I'd have spent over $240 on all of them...

At this point I'm just hoping the price will drop if I wait long enough, or that they'll be added to a streaming service. I think the most I could justify paying even as a crazy P3 fan is $40 for each, and even that's kind of hard to swallow.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID, EM I RIGHT?!..............................but in all seriousness I think you are right, maybe I'll just go for streaming and when all 4 movies go out on BD maybe they'll make a set for them, a couple of bucks cheaper maybe or even more extra content? a man can only hope

Squire

Banned
I wonder why we haven't gotten a sci-fi megaten game yet, P2 kind of went there but that barely counts.

Soul Hackers?

Soul Hackers is more of 90s Cyberpunk than Sci-fi, though DDS has some elements of Sci-fi in it.

What? Cyber-punk is a sub-genre of science fiction. You guys aren't really making sense.

Eeeeehhh I was thinking more about outer space stuff(think Halo). There are theories about YHVH, angels, Egyptian Gods, Aztec Gods and other gods from various mythologies being aliens. They should capitalize on that.

Oh, I see. You want something closer to space opera, to be specific.

Speaking of Soul Hackers, when they make a new Devil Summoner game, I really hope they g back to the Soul Hackers formula instead of improving on raidou.

Soul Hackers?
Eeeeehhh I was thinking more about outer space stuff(think Halo). There are theories about YHVH, angels, Egyptian Gods, Aztec Gods and other gods from various mythologies being aliens. They should capitalize on that.

Jachaos

I don't know what the fuck that was as I don't want to get spoiled and skimmed quickly but I just saw multiple Nanakos in those images. I reaaaally wonder what could cause that.

Yup playing Persona 3 FES after Persona 4 Golden is... something. I just got through midterms in May and it seems I'm always wandering around aimlessly, no S. Link is ever available and I don't know what to do with my days. When in Tartarus it's weird too. Getting to the next boss is going to be so damn long, people always get tired, the EXP I earn is shit, it's a real grind to get through those floors. If at least people talked every now and then but it seems there's few voice-over bits compared to P4G. I still love this game so far but it's quite a step down in combat, menus, aesthetic and storyline (maybe it's because it hasn't gotten moving as much yet because of the pacing or something, but it seems like I spend most of my time battling and going through mazes and barely ever do any S.Links or talking between the gang or moving the plot forward.)

Should've played on Easy.

Zebetite

Banned
While we're all talking SMT, I'm about to have copies of both Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga arrive at my house.

Which should I play first? Discuss!

Top Bottom