• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

July is possible for P4U2. June is very unlikely. Either way, the gap was never going to be very large since JPN ver. is summer 2014 and NA ver. is fall 2014.

I'll import it, of course, as long as it's not region locked.

I mostly just want it before August so I can school PK if we end up hanging out at FanExpo ;P

A July release would be very nice, though. It'd keep me occupied until Smash Bros. for 3DS comes out, at least.

BTW, that new patch for ultimax, does anyone know what it consist of?

Not
Adachi
, if that's what you're asking. :V

I honestly have no idea. I'm just waiting for the console release before getting myself in a tizzy about unannounced characters or balancing.
Then again, I am a shit at fighting games.

Jinto

Just completed Chie's story mode. Sort of...

That ended abruptly. I'm gonna assume
I wasn't supposed to go after that steak. It's Chie though. How can she not chase after the meat? I didn't realize there would be multiple endings. Was there anything like in Yu's story? I think I chose correctly with that one, since I got the to be continued message at the end. Do all the stories have multiple endings?

Dantis

For Mr Rippo:

tumblr_n3u03fEGvO1s602ggo1_r1_1280.png

Sophia

Just completed Chie's story mode. Sort of...

That ended abruptly. I'm gonna assume
I wasn't supposed to go after that steak. It's Chie though. How can she not chase after the meat? I didn't realize there would be multiple endings. Was there anything like in Yu's story? I think I chose correctly with that one, since I got the to be continued message at the end. Do all the stories have multiple endings?

Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji have an additional ending to their story mode, on top of the regular cliffhanger ending and true ending that almost all characters have.

For Mr Rippo:

This is REALLY good, but one minor issue: You got the eye color wrong. Mio has grey eyes. That said, the detail is impressive and it actually looks like Mio despite the differences in art style.

Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji have an additional ending to their story mode, on top of the regular cliffhanger ending and true ending that almost all characters have.

Also, I believe Yu has an extra scene and fight if you choose the first dialogue option at every opportunity.

Dantis

This is REALLY good, but one minor issue: You got the eye color wrong. Mio has grey eyes. That said, the detail is impressive and it actually looks like Mio despite the differences in art style.

The K-On wiki said grey-blue. Clearly I have been deceived!

Also thanks! ;)

Jinto

So the regular cliffhanger ending is different from the true ending, or does one just lead to the other? Basically, every character, besides Yu, Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji have 2 endings?

FluxWaveZ

So the regular cliffhanger ending is different from the true ending, or does one just lead to the other? Basically, every character, besides Yu, Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji have 2 endings?

Kanji, Chie and Yukiko have joke endings. These endings will increase the percentage linked to how much of story mode you have seen, but to be able to unlock the path to their true endings from the usual cliffhanger spots, you have to avoid the choices leading into the joke endings.

Yu has an extra scene depending on dialogue choices. This will not alter his ending.

Sophia

The K-On wiki said grey-blue. Clearly I have been deceived!

Also thanks! ;)

They're more on the grey end. A dark greyish blue. I'm not sure how to best describe em, but they're closer to say... Yukiko's eyes than the color you have there.

Either way, still impressive. Both yours and Chet's

Every character (except Labrys and Elizabeth) has a cliffhanger ending and a true ending. Yu has additional scenes, but no extra endings. Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji have joke endings, but these do not count towards progression and you still need to get the cliffhanger ending to go on to the true ending later on.

Jinto

Kanji, Chie and Yukiko have joke endings. These endings will increase the percentage linked to how much of story mode you have seen, but to be able to unlock the path to their true endings from the usual cliffhanger spots, you have to avoid the choices leading into the joke endings.

Yu has an extra scene depending on dialogue choices. This will not alter his ending.

Oh, ok, thanks!

For Mr Rippo:

Some of you guys are seriously talented. If I had any artistic ability at all, I would doodle all over the walls in my game room.

Dantis

They're more on the grey end. A dark greyish blue. I'm not sure how to best describe em, but they're closer to say... Yukiko's eyes than the color you have there.

Either way, still impressive. Both yours and Chet's

I looked at some pictures and changed them to something a bit closer, I think.

It's hard to tell because of the way the eyes are coloured in K-On.

Sophia

I looked at some pictures and changed them to something a bit closer, I think.

It's hard to tell because of the way the eyes are coloured in K-On.

Yeah unless it's Mugi it's a bit difficult to tell due to the art style. >.>;

Some of you guys are seriously talented. If I had any artistic ability at all, I would doodle all over the walls in my game room.

Now you know how I feel whenever they post art. :p

Meia

amiami has the keychains up as well, so hell yes I preordered. They also have the PQ 3DS XL case. :D

Yeah, like I wasn't going to get the second option there, that contains best girls from P3 and P4.

RytGear

Hi, sorry to be a bother but as someone who has never really played JRPG before from lack of perceived interest but have little idea what they are really like, would getting P4G for the Vita be worth it? After hearing such good things from Gaf I have been considering it. Do I need to love JRPGs to like this game, what can I expect?

FluxWaveZ

Hi, sorry to be a bother but as someone who has never really played JRPG before from lack of perceived interest but have little idea what they are really like, would getting P4G for the Vita be worth it? After hearing such good things from Gaf I have been considering it. Do I need to love JRPGs to like this game, what can I expect?

Well, it's hard to determine if you'd like a JRPG for its traditional mechanics or not when you haven't played one in the past. It's not a game necessarily built for people who love JRPGs, in any case. If one's wary about being overwhelmed by the mechanics, one can start the game at a lower difficulty, but the game shouldn't be very hard for a newcomer if they don't skip everything it has to say in order to help the player succeed.

People mainly love the game for its story, characters, style, world, music, etc. If you are someone who likes that in a video game, it might be worth trying out.

Meia

Well, one thing I've heard a lot with people about Persona 4 is even if they didn't like JRPGs before, they find themselves really liking it.

In terms of what to expect, expect a bit of time management, pokemon-esque battle system where hitting and protecting weaknesses is key, and social sim elements.

Well, one thing I've heard a lot with people about Persona 4 is even if they didn't like JRPGs before, they find themselves really liking it.

In terms of what to expect, expect a bit of time management, pokemon-esque battle system where hitting and protecting weaknesses is key, and social sim elements.

Don't forget about the waifus. Clearly, that is the most important aspect of the game. :V

Lunar15

Quite frankly, if you already have a Vita, there's no reason why you shouldn't at least try P4G out. It goes on sale all the time, so it's worth it to pick it up.

I'm not a huge JRPG fan myself (despite playing several) but it ended up being one of my favorite games. It's a pretty atypical JRPG, truth be told.

Jinto

Got to Chie's cliffhanger part. That was pretty great.
Loved Akihiko's entrance at the end
. I actually enjoyed that more than Yu's. Maybe it's because I know what to expect now. Gonna play through
Kanji's
now to see what that bit at the end was all about.

Not sure what you're referring to, but heads up: The stories don't all occur within the same narrative. Oftentimes, they will outright contradict themselves.

Yea, which is why P4A is so weird. Everything in every story in the game OUTSIDE of the tv matches up with other character's stories. Once the story gets into the tv though, the stories all contradict each other.

Omikaru

You can still get a general idea of what went down inside the TV world in P4A in a general sense, but the finer details are kinda inconsistent. It's not a big deal, however, since the stories end in mostly the same way. That said, I kinda hope Ultimax has a more coherent story mode.

You can still get a general idea of what went down inside the TV world in P4A in a general sense, but the finer details are kinda inconsistent. It's not a big deal, however, since the stories end in mostly the same way. That said, I kinda hope Ultimax has a more coherent story mode.

After having played Blazblue Chronophantasma, I feel like P4AUltimax NEEDS to take after this game, in both single player and online modes and features. It is just a massive improvement over Blazblue 1/2/P4A in every way.

Yeah, you're right. I was SO confused when I first played Yu's story and then went through Yosuke's, but the general idea is there. I also hope that Ultimax fixes that, but I don't know if that'll be the case... Then again, I don't even know how Arc System handles the story on their other games.

arue

When you said, "draw it in a style most comfortable to you," I hope you meant this.

I hope you enjoy it, can't wait to see what you cook up in return!

I like the reference to S.Link FM in the background. Also, that Naoto catsuit :p

For Mr Rippo:

I swear Dantis your art is so good.

Persona Q straps for Pre-order today:

and
P3 Movie desk mats

I'm so torn between these PQ straps and the P4G keychains on Amiami. I don't want to pay $45 for a pack that doesn't have all of my favorite characters, but then there is no such thing as P3 rubber keychains :(

FluxWaveZ

I think it's a big deal, because all of the contradictory finer details are the story of P4A.

Who actually fought whom? Who ended up facing Shadow Labrys? Who encountered Elizabeth? Did the characters encounter the Malevolent Entity in the end or just the Eerie Voice? Who's appearance did the Malevolent Entity take? Who did Labrys first meet? Did Elizabeth actually temporarily restore Labrys' appearance?

These are the things we don't actually know because the story is such a mess. When everything is contradicting itself, we can't actually assume how major plot points actually unfolded because they could have unfolded in any other way depending on the story chapter, with perhaps a few exceptions of events that happen outside of the scope of the tournament like
Elizabeth gaining the Wild Card. (which she doesn't even have as her arcana in P4U2, so did that actually happen?)

I'd like to think the P4A manga is what we should follow, but there are a few inconsistencies in that story as well
like Elizabeth not being present at all... or was she actually never there?

How it was handled was terrible. At least give us a "canon" storyline path so that the actual events leading up to P4U2 could be cleared up a bit. I can kind of give it a pass because maybe the only things that really matter for P4U2 are the kidnapping and the culprit, but if P4U2 handles the story the same way as P4A did without resorting to a better means of conveying the story like BBCP did, it will be fucking awful. Especially when it's labeled as the conclusion to everything, so you'd hope they have a handle on this stuff if they want us to be taking the story seriously.

Jinto

Not sure what you're referring to, but heads up: The stories don't all occur within the same narrative. Oftentimes, they will outright contradict themselves.

Yea, which is why P4A is so weird. Everything in every story in the game OUTSIDE of the tv matches up with other character's stories. Once the story gets into the tv though, the stories all contradict each other.

Ah, I thought as much after playing through some of the first 2. I still thought they might explain the events leading to
Akihiko and Kanji facing off like that in their story modes
. It would only affect those 3 stories.

I guess it would have been kinda messy trying to fit everything together like that. It does make sense in one way, because the stories would end up being too similar to each other. Still, it's disappointing that there isn't a clear reason given by the end of it though. I can't really say, since I'm still playing the game, but I would have preferred a similar narrative throughout, with branching paths depending on the winner of each battle, ie. which path your playing.

RytGear

Quite frankly, if you already have a Vita, there's no reason why you shouldn't at least try P4G out. It goes on sale all the time, so it's worth it to pick it up.

Fantastic, I'll give it a shot, I take it that it isnt on PSN I looked before and it was greyed out?

Top Bottom