• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

she doesn't even fight

image.php

Im sure the japanese think we all have terrible taste in persona characters aswell.

From what i remember, Chie's voice actress said that Atlus USA never put any restraints on how they should portray the characters. This may influence why we perceive certain characters to be more favorable than Japan.

When I watched the anime in japanese, Chie appeared to behave in a more "cute" manner than the US version.

Kanji sounds like a complete maniac in Japanese.......and I LOVE it. These differences can be seen with other characters aswell.

Dunno if everyone feels the sameway, This is the only form of rationale i can apply to the favoritism between nations.

PK Gaming

I'm not deriding an entire country, I've never seen a character poll for any media that isn't completely awful. Character polls, mind you, that are always Japanese.

You're just making an assertion based on your anecdotal evidence.

That's just silly. Characters polls are a subjective process. Asserting that japanese fans have inferior tastes is just pointless and offensive.

Acid08

Banned
You're making an assertion based on your anecdotal evidence.

That's just silly. Characters polls are a subjective process. Asserting that japanese fans have inferior tastes is just pointless and offensive.
Isn't Lightning really popular in Japan? That inferior taste tho.

Every time Sephiroth wins an IGN character poll I die a little.

Im sure the japanese think we all have terrible taste in persona characters aswell.

From what i remember, Chie's voice actress said that Atlus USA never put any restraints on how they should portray the characters. This may influence why we perceive certain characters to be more favorable than Japan.

When I watched the anime in japanese, Chie appeared to behave in a more "cute" manner than the US version.

Kanji sounds like a complete maniac in Japanese.......and I LOVE it. These differences can be seen with other characters aswell.

Dunno if everyone feels the sameway, This is the only form of rationale i can apply to the favoritism between nations.

General Rule: #1 is the MC, no matter how shitty. #2 is the main love interest, no matter how shitty. At least for manga. But I guess that's why those series survive.

Soriku

General Rule: #1 is the MC, no matter how shitty. #2 is the main love interest, no matter how shitty. At least for manga. But I guess that's why those series survive.

#1 is MC unless there's a hot badass male character. Then MC is #2.

#1 is MC unless there's a hot badass male character. Then MC is #2.

Why didn't Mondo get 1st in the Danganronpa popularity poll then, eh smart guy? :p

I'll seriously never get why Japan's so against Junpei, though. It's like the people who vote in these polls are allergic to character development or something.

Why didn't Mondo get 1st in the Danganronpa popularity poll then, eh smart guy? :p

I'll seriously never get why Japan's so against Junpei, though. It's like the people who vote in these polls are allergic to character development or something.

Something something moe something something anime something something waifus

Kssio_Aug

Do you people have any tips to heal the char and recover SP in Persona 4 Golden?
What am I doing is healing everyone with Dia (have it with Yosuke and Yukiko) and recovering SP with some Tap Soda and that SoS online help system. The Fox helaing is too expensive! T-T

Do someone have any other tip?

Moonlight

Banned
I'm just surprised that Chie is more popular than Aigis or Naoto. I was of the impression that they were the breakout characters of their respective games.

Yukari and Rise should be higher up, though. Yukari especially. And yeah, Junpei deserves a higher spot, too.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm guessing Rise's fighting style is going to be keep away and support related to many degrees. Shoot, I could see her not even having any sort of melee moves.

FluxWaveZ

Yep, seems like P4U2 things are actually coming together and that I was right; Famitsu will have something to say about PQ and, more importantly, P4U2 next week.

Can't find the image on the P4U2 site right now, but here:

o8ySnUA.jpg

Says to pay attention to the main site and to Famitsu because a big update will be incoming on the 24th of April.

So:

- New P4U2 version announced on March 29
- Persona Stalker Club P4U2 tease on April 11 for the April 25
- The supposed Best Buy description leak
- Famitsu news + update happening on April 24

Seems like the P4U2 media cycle will be happening in April after all.

Top Bottom