• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

Anyway, if
Amada
is in P4A2, I hope they got
him
a new voice actor.
How old would he be anyway?

And I think it would make more sense to think that Ken would be a character in the game because of the P4U2 teaser than because of this Best Buy description.

Since when has it been there, anyways? September 16, 2014 is a randomly specific placeholder date, too.

Shinji probably had the worst voice performance in P3 - that stuff was more hokey than it had any right to be.

You think Fuuka's VA was better than Shinji's?

kewlmyc

...wait what? Ken Armada and Rise? The shit? What would Rise even do? Not sure why Best Buy would post a fake profile for a game though.

And I think it would make more sense to think that Ken would be a character in the game because of the P4U2 teaser than because of this Best Buy description.

Since when has it been there, anyways? September 16, 2014 is a randomly specific placeholder date, too.

And it's a Tuesday as well.

FluxWaveZ

...wait what? Ken Armada and Rise? The shit? What would Rise even do? Not sure why Best Buy would post a fake profile for a game though.

Doesn't have to be fake, but it can very much be a misunderstanding from things whoever wrote that saw or heard.

Or we can all just believe it, like that other P4U2 thing that happened this week that was totally legit.

Lemstar

Doesn't have to be fake, but it can very much be a misunderstanding from things whoever wrote that saw or heard.
I strongly doubt that Best Buy (or any nationwide retailer, for that) writes their detailed item descriptions themselves. If I had to guess, that's what Atlus gave them.

FluxWaveZ

I strongly doubt that Best Buy (or any nationwide retailer, for that) writes their detailed item descriptions themselves. If I had to guess, that's what Atlus gave them.

Like as a press release? Then why is it just Best Buy that has made it available right now?

And Rise? Seriously? And there are already two threads in gaming about this... I can't.

You don't understand man the Lizardmen in charge of the government were making Best Buy write it and Atlus can't do anything about it

#chemtrails

kewlmyc

Or we can all just believe it, like that other P4U2 thing that happened this week that was totally legit.

Yours wasn't posted on a store website though. And aren't those product features written by the publishers of the game themselves?

PK Gaming

That's a good way of start implementing those things so social links feel more alive and part of the main game. I think they are starting to get the grasp of it with P4 vanilla (felling as real group of friends) and golden (dating) they just need a little step more. Of course I don't know how that will fit into the P5 theme.

And Kanji could clearly ask Naoto if the rest of the group helped him in that relationship, but the only thing he gets is laughs from Yosuke. Alone? probably not lol

Naoto's flat out not interested in Kanji

FluxWaveZ

Yours wasn't posted on a store website though. And aren't those product features written by the publishers of the game themselves?

Yeah, the difference here is that the source of this isn't shady as hell, but still. Mistakes can happen and... I don't know. This doesn't seem right, either.

And I'm not even arguing that Ken's not in the game, given what I observed in the P4U2 teaser, but this Best Buy thing is weird.

Tamanon

Banned
Like as a press release? Then why is it just Best Buy that has made it available right now?

And Rise? Seriously? And there are already two threads in gaming about this... I can't.

Well, if they're going to be opening up pre-orders, they usually need something from the company. Just like when Last of Us PS4 appeared on a Euro retailer site. Publishers usually provide the copy for each game.

I would think it more likely somebody just put it up early on Best Buy's part.

kewlmyc

Same reason Gamestop made Tales of Hearts for sale then removed it - a screw up.

I don't want it to be true either, because Rise being playable is just weird, but I don't really see why this would be fake or the product features being misheard by a BB employee.

Squire

Banned

And it's a Tuesday as well.

Publishers of Atlus caliber very regularly have dates up on retail sites long before they're official. (Probably in case they need to delay). In my experience, if it's a Tuesday it usually holds. DR1 was like that and DR2 seems to be the same (it's out September 2). For Atlus games, off the top if my head Catherine had a date on Amazon and GS for the longest.

It's Best Buy, dude.

Lemstar

Placeholder/preorder listings don't necessarily go up synchronously. GameStop had a page for the Vita GoW HD Collection up for months before Best Buy did, and they put up Freedom Wars after the announcement this week, whereas no one else has yet.

FluxWaveZ

I don't want it to be true either, because Rise being playable is just weird, but I don't really see why this would be fake or the product features being misheard by a BB employee.

It doesn't matter to me if this turns out to be true because I'm sure they could make Rise as a fighter work (probably), but for some reason I just can't let myself believe this.

An official publisher description that BB was made aware of and published early to their website, huh...

Placeholder/preorder listings don't necessarily go up synchronously. GameStop had a page for the Vita GoW HD Collection up for months before Best Buy did, and they put up Freedom Wars after the announcement this week, whereas no one else has yet.

Yeah, that's true. So does that mean this thing just went up very recently?

Squire

Banned
I dont mind rise as a character, but i think there are others that should have more priority.

In regards to Ken, I still haven't met him in P3 yet, so i got no comment.

There's definitely people I wanted before her, but that's because she doesn't fight, so I have no point of reference to imagine her move set.

For people that just love Rise this is pretty fantastic news.

CorvoSol

Just did up to the vs Yu fight in P4A in Yukiko mode and I'm beginning to wonder if things aren't getting jumbled in my head.
Doesn't Yukiko tell Yu that the president of the last election was a guy? Or was that Chie? If it was Chie no errors in continuity but if Yukiko I'm kinda confused.
Also on the one hand I can't believe Yukiko would
completely fail to actually interrogate Teddie after beating him up since she somehow STILL has no idea what's going on,
but on the other hand I definitely can believe she'd space on that point.

Lemstar

Yeah, that's true. So does that mean this thing just went up very recently?

The last time I searched their site for "Persona" was Saturday local time, and I don't recall seeing it then. Unless I missed it that time around, it went up at some point this week.

kewlmyc

If she beats people up using a microphone, then sure whatever, I won't mind that much. Just seems odd though. It would explain the "fan favorite" that Atlus said a while back though.

FluxWaveZ

The last time I searched their site for "Persona" was Saturday local time, and I don't recall seeing it then. Unless I missed it that time around, it went up at some point this week.

The description isn't showing up when I try to search for it on Google, so that could possibly mean it went up really recently.

There's definitely people I wanted before her, but that's because she doesn't fight, so I have no point of reference to imagine her move set.

For people that just love Rise this is pretty fantastic news.

I guess it was easier for ASW since they had a complete sprite of her. It would be nice if Arena had the cast of Q. One can dream.

FluxWaveZ

If she beats people up using a microphone, then sure whatever, I won't mind that much. Just seems odd though. It would explain the "fan favorite" that Atlus said a while back though.

Nah, I don't think that was it. The source that said a fan-favorite character would be making an appearance was 4gamer, and they specifically mentioned that the character may or may not be a playable character. That can't be referring to Rise, because we know she was in from the start. If... if this is true, maybe that was Ken.

Man, if that release date holds true, then P4AU is releasing two weeks after Super Danganronpa 2. My poor wallet... T^T

Rise being playable would be an interesting wrinkle, although if she makes it in over P4's villain then I'll be a bit upset. As much as I love her as a character, there are three or four others I'd prefer to see get the P4A treatment.

Nah, I don't think that was it. The source that said a fan-favorite character would be making an appearance was 4gamer, and they specifically mentioned that the character may or may not be a playable character. That can't be referring to Rise, because we know she was in from the start. If... if this is true, maybe that was Ken.

He must be a fan favorite in Japan, though really I never saw him as a fan favorite. He was just there.

FluxWaveZ

He must be a fan favorite in Japan, though really I never saw him as a fan favorite. He was just there.

I'm not sure he really was that much of a fan favorite seeing that Persona character popularity poll a while back, but he might not have been disliked, at least maybe not as much as he apparently is outside of Japan.

Or they could have just been saying "fan-favorite" to get people excited. Or maybe that description is apt and Ken has nothing to do with it.

Or maybe Ken's not even in the game.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not sure he really was that much of a fan favorite seeing that Persona character popularity poll a while back, but he might not have been disliked, at least maybe not as much as he apparently is outside of Japan.

Or they could have just been saying "fan-favorite" to get people excited. Or maybe that description is apt and Ken has nothing to do with it.

Or maybe Ken's not even in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/t3KOi.jpg

Ken didn't even chart. FeMC and Tatsuya of all people did though!

I don't really care that much if this is true or not. I will still buy the game and I will probably love it. What pisses me off is that if this is indeed true, BB was the one that made the "announcement". I wanted Atlus to make some kind of cool reveal trailer or something like that to surprise us all :/

Rise being playable would be an interesting wrinkle, although if she makes it in over P4's villain then I'll be a bit upset. As much as I love her as a character, there are three or four others I'd prefer to see get the P4A treatment.

I would be really pissed if Ken makes it in over P4's villain.

http://i.imgur.com/t3KOi.jpg

Ken didn't even chart. FeMC and Tatsuya of all people did though!

Mara should be higher than Orpheus

Kssio_Aug

Should I maintain my Senri level 13 that deals Fire, Light and Wind dmg (that helps a lot to get enemie weakness), or should I fuse him in another one that deals just one type of damage to reach level 16?
I did however a Jack Frost Level 16 that reached 19 with the extra exp.

Assuming this is true, and it likely is, I can't say I'm completely thrilled. I'll be excited to see Ken's new design and find out what he's been up to, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Rise and her Persona fighting. No doubt P-Studio has an idea to make it work, but I dunno...

I'm still holding out hope for the P4 villain, Margaret... hell even Takaya would be a fine addition to this fighting game. I know Rise is popular, but if her then why not Fuuka too, since she's also a support character/navigator? Well, as always I await the final product and see what ATLUS has in mind...

Top Bottom