• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Moonlight

Banned
So Yukiko's story mode in P4A questions:

This ending isn't canon, is it? Or did I get a bad ending? I mean her story mode was only 9 chapters, explained jack shit, and ended in a comedic scene of agony as she lost her mind and forced everyone to eat her food. Did I mess up somewhere or is that it?
You got the 'joke' ending. The 'trigger' for them pretty much come down to one single dialogue choice. You should have chosen not to look at the box lunches for the 'real' ending.

hao chi

So I have to redo her story mode then?

If you don't have any bookmarks before that choice, yes. Or you could do someone else's story, since you don't need to finish all of the Investigation Team stories.

If you do want to redo her story mode, you can fast forward through the text and it won't take very long to get back to where you were.

FluxWaveZ

The wait is starting to get to me.

Yes. Yes I did.

14WeEDP.png

I'm just excited that stuff's finally happening concerning P4U2 and that I actually have a reason to anticipate a Tuesday. The game will be out real soon if it's a July release, too, so I'm looking forward to that. Also, P3M is coming out next month, and that's cool.

Since I'm one who'd rather there not be anything shown about P5 until its release, I'm rather unaffected.

Squire

Banned
I'm just excited that stuff's finally happening concerning P4U2 and that I actually have a reason to anticipate a Tuesday. The game will be out real soon if it's a July release, too, so I'm looking forward to that. Also, P3M is coming out next month, and that's cool.

Since I'm one who'd rather there not be anything shown about P5 until its release, I'm rather unaffected.

I feel you. It's cool that anything is happening.

To your latter point, I'm actually still undecided as far as how much of P5 I'm willing to view (you know, relative to what they choose to put out there) before release.

It really is better to go into things with as little hype as possible.

Dantis

Sure, and that's cool for you.

I have absolutely zero interest in Ultimax though, so none of this does anything for me.

As far as Q news goes... I just don't care. I really want to play it, but I can't imagine anything they could show now that would interest me any more. I feel like I've seen enough.

Xenoflare

I have absolutely zero interest in Ultimax though, so none of this does anything for me.

As far as Q news goes... I just don't care. I really want to play it, but I can't imagine anything they could show now that would interest me any more. I feel like I've seen enough.

I would like Atlus to release a trailer that contains English voice acting, it's not a big deal, but I would at least to get a gist of what it sounds like in English. Even if the characters are mostly all recurring characters

Dantis

I would like Atlus to release a trailer that contains English voice acting, it's not a big deal, but I would at least to get a gist of what it sounds like in English. Even if the characters are mostly all recurring characters

That will be a while yet, considering how long it is until it's released in the US.

I was meaning anything that could come out of the next Famitsu. I think it's just going to be like "This is what the throwaway plot is about!" or "This is Marie's tiny role in the game!".

It's just like, whatever. Show me some Dancing All Night character designs!

FluxWaveZ

Hell yeah! With the combined forces of PQ and P4U2 now, I'll have a lot to look forward to in the future.

And I'm still enjoying the weekly PQ trailers. They don't necessarily make me more excited for it, except in certain cases, but it's nice to have regular content for it on a weekly basis.

Xenoflare

That will be a while yet, considering how long it is until it's released in the US.

I was meaning anything that could come out of the next Famitsu. I think it's just going to be like "This is what the throwaway plot is about!" or "This is Marie's tiny role in the game!".

It's just like, whatever. Show me some Dancing All Night character designs!

Oh I see, excuse me then.

Yeah, I would like to see some Dancing All Night designs. I really hope it has costume support.

The dance of the Inaba drag queens

Please make Hanako a playable character

Xenoflare

Hell yeah! With the combined forces of PQ and P4U2 now, I'll have a lot to look forward to in the future.

And I'm still enjoying the weekly PQ trailers. They don't necessarily make me more excited for it, except in certain cases, but it's nice to have regular content for it on a weekly basis.

I'm addicted to the battle theme and the theme song, it's so catchy and gripping. In fact I think it's the most catchiest battle theme in Persona yet.....

Meia

Hahahaha, thats cool, where is that scene in golden?
Also just see Naoto's face when saying that, she is only trying to change the subject fast, somethin is fishy and Yosuke is oblivious about love lol

Except, again, that scene can go both ways, and he only ever posts about it going against the idea of kanji/naoto, not the other way which is for it. :p

Meia

What happens if you say yes?

Naoto says that "well, Kanji is an an interesting sort" with a blush, and Yosuke goes "Well, sounds like he has a shot!"

Then again, it's a scene you don't always see anyway unless you choose to hang out with the group to study between exam days iirc.

Dantis

Naoto says that "well, Kanji is an an interesting sort" with a blush, and Yosuke goes "Well, sounds like he has a shot!"

Then again, it's a scene you don't always see anyway unless you choose to hang out with the group to study between exam days iirc.

Yeah, I've never seen the scene before when I've played through.

Pretty interesting, I guess.

I am about 3 hours into P4G, and I wanted to ask if Marie is a character worth spending time with? I am having trouble understanding what I should do...do I go into the TV, hangout with different people or something else? So many options!

Meia

I am about 3 hours into P4G, and I wanted to ask if Marie is a character worth spending time with? I am having trouble understanding what I should do...do I go into the TV, hangout with different people or something else? So many options!

Just going to throw this out there, and won't elaborate on it, but you must max Marie before a certain point in a very late month or you miss out on a dungeon, and the epilogue in P4G.

There are points in her link where you just cannot up it(because of story reasons), and the month the "deadline" is at she's available outside the room every single day, but yeah.

But yeah, this "OMG WHAT DO I DO" is part of the appeal of the game. Have fun. :)

Just going to throw this out there, and won't elaborate on it, but you must max Marie before a certain point in a very late month or you miss out on a dungeon, and the epilogue in P4G.

There are points in her link where you just cannot up it(because of story reasons), and the month the "deadline" is at she's available outside the room every single day, but yeah.

But yeah, this "OMG WHAT DO I DO" is part of the appeal of the game. Have fun. :)

Thank you! Makes sense, and I will see where it takes me. :)

Swedesu

That is absolutely disgraceful. Nintendo should be ashamed. Then again, it is Nintendo we're talking about. They can't even manage their own franchises, let alone others.

So Nintendo was the publisher after all? I'm not even mad anymore, but if it was their job all this time then it kind of makes sense. Doesn't help it from being completely unacceptable though.

Still can't believe that Mother 3 never got released in the west.

Except, again, that scene can go both ways, and he only ever posts about it going against the idea of kanji/naoto, not the other way which is for it. :p

Aha! I knew it! That PK wanted me to think otherwise, good luck next time my friend. If only you could help them both in the game, I would surely do that. Best pair in the game without a doubt!

That is absolutely disgraceful. Nintendo should be ashamed. Then again, it is Nintendo we're talking about. They can't even manage their own franchises, let alone others.

Nah, we dont really know if atlus has something to do with the delays (maybe is Nintendo doing some idiocy though). At least with Nintendo the game is going to come translated to pal5. I dont know why atlus treat us like shit to europeans, is as we are still in 1996 with them.
Nintendo of Europe is being pretty good this last years.

Meia

Thank you! Makes sense, and I will see where it takes me. :)

Worse comes to worse, you can always check. If it says "Will advance" when talking to her, save it before hand and try because there are times where it won't. Usually if it won't you're supposed to get a message that says the link needs a "spark" for it to continue, but this doesn't always happen for some reason(probable bug).

Aha! I knew it! That PK wanted me to think otherwise, good luck next time my friend. If only you could help them both in the game, I would surely do that. Best pair in the game without a doubt!

To be fair, I've also now looked all damn night and can't find the damn scene in question anywhere. I vividly remember the scene happening as I have it(even picturing Yosuke's winking face as he says his followup), but can't locate it. Was thinking it may have been a Golden addition, but can't find any "let's play" on Youtube that actually elected to do that study session on that date(think it's 10/16).

Hypothetical P4U Rise moveset

P4A_Rise_Render.png

Code:
[U]Normal Attacks[/U]
5A: A forward kick
5AA: Rise delivers a vertical whack to the opponent with her megaphone
5AAA: Rise grabs a microphone stand and swings it forwards
2A: A crouching kick 
5B: Rise yells in her megaphone and creates a speech bubble effect (similar to Kanji's 5B)
2B: Rise grabs a microphone stand and swings it upwards
5C: A forward thrust with Himiko
5D(weakness scan): Himiko spawns a projectile that creates a weak point on the opponent on hit. Once an opponent has their weakness exposed, some of Rise's attacks will have new properties (Such as fatal counter, crumple, etc. Similar to Azrael from BlazBlue)
j.A: Rise quickly takes out her microphone and thrusts it forward
j.B: Rise swings a microphone stand at a 45 degree angle
j.C: Same as the ground version.
j.D: Same as the ground version. Projectile spawns at a 45 degree angle.
Reversal: Himiko creates a protective barrier around Rise. Deals low damage and knocks the opponent back. 

[U]Skills[/U]
Risette♥Special: Rise sings into her microphone, causing musical notes to appear that knock the opponent upwards.
Third Eye: Summons spherical eye on a field that acts like a bomb. Can be manually detonated. Automatically explodes when the opponent comes in contact with it. 
Mind Slice: Himiko fires a beam of light that dissipates after a certain point. (Air OK)

[U]SP Skills [/U]
Full Analysis: Himiko scans the opponent and creates a weakpoint. Lasts for 20 seconds. (Deals low damage)
Relaxing Wave: Rise's healthy slowly starts to regen (ala Junpei's Victory Cry). The effect is cancelled when Rise is hit.

[U]Awakening Skill[/U]
Supreme Insight. Opponents that are inflicted with a weakpoint cannot deal damage. (They can still hit her, but her lifebar will not go down). Lasts for 20 seconds.

Instant Kill: The All Out Attack from Persona 4: Golden! If the opponent happens to be P4 character, they will be omitted from the All Out Attack.

I drew from her natural skillset in P4, the P4G additions and even her Shadow.

Looks good! I'd probably try it out if we got something like this

For some strange reason after looking at this I think it's quite reasonable. In fact, I think she might fight like I-NO in Guilty Gear.

and now I'd definitely try it out lol. Especially with 5AAA though lol, that screams I-No. Probably one of my favorite normals in Guilty Gear.

Swedesu

Honestly, when it comes to the additions Golden made the one I like the most is probably the little talks you can have with the characters at night. They are like small little S.Link scenes but unlike the links they have a connection to the story and even references events from it.

Like Chie talking about
the beauty pageant and her being worried about Nanako when she's at the hospital for example.

More of this in P5 please!

Jintor

My favorite thing to do is to flirt with rise, especially because sometimes she flirts outta her league.

But loling with kanji is pretty good too.

Swedesu

My favorite thing to do is to flirt with rise, especially because sometimes she flirts outta her league.

But loling with kanji is pretty good too.

Yup, Rise's nightly scenes are particularly good. I have a soft spot for shooting the shit with Yosuke as well.

Worse comes to worse, you can always check. If it says "Will advance" when talking to her, save it before hand and try because there are times where it won't. Usually if it won't you're supposed to get a message that says the link needs a "spark" for it to continue, but this doesn't always happen for some reason(probable bug).

To be fair, I've also now looked all damn night and can't find the damn scene in question anywhere. I vividly remember the scene happening as I have it(even picturing Yosuke's winking face as he says his followup), but can't locate it. Was thinking it may have been a Golden addition, but can't find any "let's play" on Youtube that actually elected to do that study session on that date(think it's 10/16).

Nah dont worry, its possible no one put on youtube that scene as you need to record the psvita and all that jazz. It even seems is hard to find in the game (and i thought i did all the study sessions)

Honestly, when it comes to the additions Golden made the one I like the most is probably the little talks you can have with the characters at night. They are like small little S.Link scenes but unlike the links they have a connection to the story and even references events from it.

Like Chie talking about
the beauty pageant and her being worried about Nanako when she's at the hospital for example.

More of this in P5 please!

Yep that was a magnificent additon.

kewlmyc

Hahahahahaha!
I supoose he has changed a lot physicaly, now his persona will even be more ridiculois. Im sorry Ken, you will always be a whiny kid.

It's been two years, so he's 13. He can't have changed that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up trying to imitate *P3 spoiler*
Shinji or Makoto
personality or looks wise.

My dream would be that he sounds like Squeaky Voiced Teen though.

Was talking about that to Meia, he's only going to be about 13. I forgot the gap was so short. Was hoping we would get ripped bearded Ken. :(

It's been two years, so he's 13. He can't have changed that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up trying to imitate *P3 spoiler*
Shinji or Makoto
personality or looks wise.

My dream would be that he sounds like Squeaky Voiced Teen though.

Only 2 years? Thought it was going to be 3 or 4. Meh if he doesnt change that much is not even going to be fun seeing him again. Well maybe he hit pubery fast, from what i saw akijiko has changed more than I thought and at his age in p3 changes shouldnt be as noticeable.

Only 2 years? Thought it was going to be 3 or 4. Meh if he doesnt change that much is not even going to be fun seeing him again. Well maybe he hit pubery fast, from what i saw akijiko has changed more than I thought and at his age in p3 changes shouldnt be as noticeable.

Akihiko is 17 in P3 and 20 in P4A, I don't know about you, but I changed a fair bit during that time. I do hope Ken hits that puberty fast and hard, I want beards dammit!

I do kind wish it was longer, but with the P4 cast etc, I guess they had to go with that time (p4a)

arue

P4A & P4A2 takes place 2 months after P4, and P4 takes place 2 years after P3 P3FES. So, Ken should be 13 in this game.

I agree with you though, I don't want to see Ken as a kid again. At least he should be taller.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I can't wait to see Ken's super dumb Persona again

"I'm not a kid!"

*Has a fucking dumb cheap robot toy Persona*

Yeah ok champ

Didn't he like some manga but was afraid of telling people about it?

Because you know, a 4 foot nothing, 11 year old is so totally mature and adult guys.

Top Bottom