• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

Except, again, that scene can go both ways, and he only ever posts about it going against the idea of kanji/naoto, not the other way which is for it. :p

Excuse me? What kind of fiction are you trying to push here?

I don't have an image on hand, but I don't remember the scene swinging the other way if you choose the other dialogue option, and I especially don't recall Yosuke saying "sounds like he's got a shot" after choosing the top dialogue choice.

Your assertion doesn't even make sense. Naoto isn't Schrodinger's cat. Either she's interested in Kanji or she doesn't; either or, not both at the same time. Unless you've got evidence to contradict my claim, your argument simply does not hold water.

LX_Theo

Banned
Excuse me? What kind of fiction are you trying push here?

I don't have an image on hand, but I don't remember the scene swinging the other way if you choose the other dialogue option, and I especially don't recall Yosuke saying "sounds like he's got a shot" after choosing the top dialogue choice.

Your assertion doesn't even make sense. Naoto isn't Schrodinger's cat. Either she's interested in Kanji or she doesn't; either or, not both at the same time. Unless you've got evidence to contradict my claim, your argument simply does not hold water.

Realistically, Naoto seems more like the type of person who wouldn't be interested in that in general until she's a bit older or meets the exact perfect person to force her to be interested. I wouldn't say Kanji is that, though. MC is only that because he's MC, too.

Levito

Banned
Finally....

LEV-I-TOE HAS COME BACK TO PER-SONERGAF~

WHICH MEANS! FINALLY, LEV-I-TOE HAS COME BACK....

~*h-o-m-e*~

And I'm promising you all from the bottom of my heart: I will never ever troll again.

To be fair, I've also now looked all damn night and can't find the damn scene in question anywhere. I vividly remember the scene happening as I have it(even picturing Yosuke's winking face as he says his followup), but can't locate it. Was thinking it may have been a Golden addition, but can't find any "let's play" on Youtube that actually elected to do that study session on that date(think it's 10/16).

I took screenshots of this scene in some youtube let's play and posted them here a long time ago, this scene is in the original P4, I don't know if they altered it in Golden, but I don't think so (I remember vaguely playing it again and getting the same answers). Hope this helps.

Excuse me? What kind of fiction are you trying to push here?

Chill out my friend it is not a big deal

Really excited for P4A2 now that Ken's probably in. I'm glad Atlus is paying attention it's fanbase and giving us one of the best characters in the P3 series

Joke post?

Kappa.gif

Excuse me? What kind of fiction are you trying push here?

I was only discussing it in good fun :(
Even with the scene you have showed, i don't really see an indicative that something couldn't happen (i see it more like naoto saying she doesnt want to talk any more about it and she is embarrased), and watching the whole picture the game shows of it where it could happen or not, where they give hints to think what you want, im of the thought it could happen. But you seem to be the contrary, and thats good also.
As i said i dont usually like shipping but if the game, anime, movie, book.... gives you enough hints I dont mind talkin about it.

Kssio_Aug

Gold hands from early dungeons can be effectively killed using items like ice cubes or firecrackers. Early gold hands are only resistant to elemental attacks, attack items will do the same amount of damage no matter what unless the enemy drains or nulls the element you are using.

Megido (Almighty skills) are the best gold hand killing skills as they bybass any resistances. Although they aren't available until at least midgame.

21 hours after
Kanji's dungeon
is a bit long though. I think I was at 10 hours or so the first time I got there.

Damn... I'm taking double the time then! o_O
What am I doing wrong? During the Dungeons I keep grinding until reach the level at moderate enemies difficulty. If I rush to the top floor I cant do anything. Maybe the hands give me that much of exp and I should not avoid them at all?

Yeah, lack of SP early on makes the game more difficult. It gets easier later on though. Gardening some tomatoes helps. They restore like 20 SP each. Another trick I used was to equip a persona with invigorate, go back to Yukiko's castle, and keep guarding until you replenish your SP. The first Persona I used for that was Sarasvati. Check all the treasure chests in the castle for snuff souls, since you're there already. It's a little time consuming, but makes things a whole lot easier.

I didnt know you could freely travel to the past dungeons! Will it be avaiable later or am I losing something? =o

Even with the scene you have showed, i don't really see an indicative that something couldn't happen (i see it more like naoto saying she doesnt want to talk any more about it and she is embarrased), and watching the whole picture the game shows of it where it could happen or not, where they give hints to think what you want, im of the thought it could happen. But you seem to be the contrary, and thats good also.
As i said i dont usually like shipping but if the game, anime, movie, book.... gives you enough hints I dont mind talkin about it.

What naoto says to the MC in
his going away party
pretty much outdoes anything she's associated with Kanji for.

Style

Banned
I didnt know you could freely travel to the past dungeons! Will it be avaiable later or am I losing something? =o

Make sure to visit every dungeon after you have beat them. There are optional bosses at the end of the dungeons. You are rewarded with a secret weapon for the the person the dungeon is centered around if you beat the optional boss. For Yosuke's secret weapon revisit the liquor store.

PK Gaming

S'ok, I wasn't really mad or anything.
Chill out my friend it is not a big deal

I didn't like the insinuation that I was obfuscating the truth because I only posted one set of screenshots.

What naoto says to the MC in
his going away party
pretty much outdoes anything she's associated with Kanji for.
Yeah, really at the end nothing happens between anyone, and thats without counting that everyone has its own version if you chose a girlfriend in the group. This pairings are only done in good fun, because the game sends hints in one way or another, even if at the end it amounts to nothing.
I think this was all coming with people saying it would be interesting if team members would act independently as in ME3.

CorvoSol

Like I've been saying. If Ken is the price I have to pay for Rise, then Ken is the price I will pay for playable Rise.

BUT WHERE THE SNOT IS MY DOGE?

No strong feelings about Ken one way or another myself. Don't like him, don't hate him--he's just there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome back Levito. I was wondering when you'd return.

I'll only be pissed off at Rise and Ken if Adachi is a non playable character. I don't quite understand the logic of teasing him at the end of the console trailer, only to not include him in the final game???

I still haven't met Ken yet in P3, so i have no opinion of him. Wouldn't mind seeing Margaret as a character, but good luck to that.

Squire

Banned
No strong feelings about Ken one way or another myself. Don't like him, don't hate him--he's just there.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's what I told somebody yesterday.

He's not my first pick (neither is Rise), but the game doesn't have anyone using a pole arm and I think that alone is a good enough argument for his inclusion.

in an rpg, or other type of game maybe. But a fighting game? It makes no sense. Its like teasing Dante in Marvel vs Capcom, only to have him as background character.

On the other hand, this is ASW we're talking about. Im sure someone is going to be DLC. Hopefully its him.

Rise sprite was in P4A and she wasn't playable there, but that wasn't teased so I guess it's different.

I think you hit it on the head with it's an ASW game :p

Meia

I took screenshots of this scene in some youtube let's play and posted them here a long time ago, this scene is in the original P4, I don't know if they altered it in Golden, but I don't think so (I remember vaguely playing it again and getting the same answers). Hope this helps.

Yep, these were the ones I saw when I checked vanilla P4 in youtube, which makes it official: I am out of my god damn mind. WHEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~ :p

Top Bottom