• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Guys, what if, and hear me out here, Ken and Koromaru work as one character? Ken is the hitbox and all 456789A/B attacks, Koromaru is all 123A/B attacks. C attacks are Kala-nemi and D is Cerberus.

I know this won't happen, it's just a hypothetical.

Aright, say you get the final say on who the final playable characters in Ultimax would be, who would you choose and why?

The cast of Arena 1 are a given.

Junpei because he Da Man.

Yukari because people like her I guess.

Fo'Sho and Sho'nuff because puns.

P4's true killer because that would be super-cool.

GREAT BIG P3 SPOILZ
Shinji and Makoto because screw death. Let's go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!

Meia

Aright, say you get the last word on who the final playable characters in Ultimax would be, who would you choose and why?

Going to go unpopular and say
Makoto.

"But it goes against the theming of Persona 3!" you cry! But does it? In P3, we're told time and again that Death isn't necessarily the end, but a new beginning. Well, apparently, this is true to everyone but Makoto I guess, who gets to has his entire existence stopped by becoming a Seal to protect humanity, a worse fate than Shinjiro, the other party casualty in P3, had. If we're also talking about themes, it'd also be remiss to mention Messiah, his ultimate persona, and how it specifically mentions his "rebirth" as PART of the stories. So there. :p

Besides, I wouldn't necessarily mind it being a Nyarlathotep trick just to *really* hurt the SEES members more. We know this is what Elizabeth is going to be bulldozing for, and the road to hell IS paved with good intentions. So yeah, I'd also want it more for making Arena's story more interesting if it includes this idea. Part of me thinks this is going to be Sho's sole role though.

My final cast would be the ones we know about, plus Ken(cause now why the hell not), that other character teased at the end of the trailer yet has absolutely no sign of even being in the game for some damn reason, and my spoiler'd pick.

Moonlight

Banned
Aright, say you get the last word on who the final playable characters in Ultimax would be, who would you choose and why?
Yukari and Junpei, obviously. Even if we didn't get any other character announcements besides them, I would have been satisfied. Aside from that (and getting into 'never going to happen')... I think Lisa or Eikichi from P2 would be cool, but I dunno how Lisa would be especially different from Chie.

FeMC because she's more interesting than MC and I don't care about how unreasonable a demand it is. The naginata is straight up cooler than the sword.

Although I'd be cool with MC, too. I think I'd prefer the Nyarlathotep angle not just because it wouldn't feel right for a game like this to 'revive' him, but simply because it'd give more flavour and potential to his moveset, which honestly doesn't really set my world on fire when I think about how it'd go.

Margaret would be cool, too. I've always liked the idea of her having a different Persona mapped to each special move.

kewlmyc

P3 and P4 spoilers:

Adachi and Makoto because their inclusion in the story would make things way more interesting since neither shouldn't be there because of reasons. Their inclusion would also bring the most hype I think. It would also give Elizabeth some closure. He doesn't even have to be the real Minato, have him be Nyarly just fucking around or something. Fanservice for the P1/P2 fans out there. FeMC as DLC since she doesn't fit into the story.

All and all, Ken makes sense, so while it's fun to say "fuck Ken, shorts aren't comfy at all", I don't mind his inclusion all that much. Rise just seems like an odd choice, but I'm sure she'll work out. This whole situation reminds me of the whole Decapre debacle from USFIV. Most people wouldn't have minded her if she wasn't the final reveal. Ken and Rise being the FINAL characters for the P4A games is what I believe has most people salty since one was technically in the last game and the other is hated by most of the fanbase.

Although I'd be cool with MC, too. I think I'd prefer the Nyarlathotep angle not just because it wouldn't feel right for a game like this to 'revive' him, but simply because it'd give more flavour and potential to his moveset, which honestly doesn't really set my world on fire when I think about how it'd go.

I'm hoping that the story is going this way some-what.

Bring Nyarly back please :(

LX_Theo

Banned
It's probably not going to be Nyarly, but another folkloric god-being. Unless Atlus is willing to actively acknowledge Persona 2 again, then that's an entirely different can of worms. :p

Well, butterflies and Philemon are still in. Not as though Nyarly is exclusive to P2, too. Honestly its hard to imagine a mashup story like this with all the overlap of themes getting an original Persona god/villain/etc.

Well, butterflies and Philemon are still in. Not as though Nyarly is exclusive to P2, too. Honestly its hard to imagine a mashup story like this with all the overlap of themes getting an original Persona god/villain/etc.

Well considering the Malevolent Entity has a lot of similarities between itself and Nyarly it wouldn't surprise me if they were one in the same. Like how he keeps referring to it as a game and such and calling them puppets in his little game. Also the fact that both JP and EN VA's for Nyarly appear as the ME cannot be just a pure coincidence.

Mark needs to be in P4U2. Because he's awesome. He'll dance crazy until the oponent dies.

I would also like Igor as support character. Would be Epic to get cheered on by him.

Speaking of Igor, what do you guys think will happen with him from Persona 5 onwards? Considering his japanese VA passed away and now they are reusing his voice clips for the movies and the spin-offs, do you think they'll cast someone else to voice him in P5 or he just won't be in the game anymore?

Speaking of Igor, what do you guys think will happen with him from Persona 5 onwards? Considering his japanese VA passed away and now they are reusing his voice clips for the movies and the spin-offs, do you think they'll cast someone else to voice him in P5 or he just won't be in the game anymore?

At this point I don't know, doesn't help that Japan is really weird about Characters and their VA's when they retire or pass away. I get that it's a form of respect, but I do have to add that people will die or retire eventually, so it's kinda silly to just chuck a character away because of that.

arue

Adachi or Makoto,
because they would make the plot more even twisted.

I know many fans, including me, would be unhappy if Makoto comes back to life, but I just want to know how Atlus would handle the plot if he ever comes back to life.

Large update? At this point, Ken is pretty much confirmed for P4A2.

I could see (mega ultra p3 spoilers and whatever)
Elizabeth using the power of the Fool she got in P4A1 to somehow become (more) insanely powerful and defeat Erebus once and for all. Or maybe go and take Makoto's place or something /speculation.

Unless all we get out of Elizabeth's story is that she learns the value of human connections and bonds and all that. Which would be really lame.

Rubedo

Honestly, Ken and Koromaru. I know Koromaru would be hard to balance but I just like the idea of dashing around SCIV Yoda style. Though he definitely isn't a good choice in terms of actual game balance.

I pick Ken because I want to see that kid grown up. I know it's an unpopular opinion but I like him and I want to see him as a teen. Also his long range spear could create a cool fighting style.

I could see (mega ultra p3 spoilers and whatever)
Elizabeth using the power of the Fool she got in P4A1 to somehow become (more) insanely powerful and defeat Erebus once and for all. Or maybe go and take Makoto's place or something /speculation.

Unless all we get out of Elizabeth's story is that she learns the value of human connections and bonds and all that. Which would be really lame.
To me that would kinda cheapen the effect of P3 and P4U's story by doing that. Because Erebus represents all the negative emotions and grief in humanity, and you can't take what is already in human hearts and remove it because it will always be there no matter what.

pan-hime

you punks want P3 candy?
uvk9slC.jpg

Levito

Banned
Maya and more P1/2 characters would be cool, basically anyone that's a surprise would be cool for me!

Adachi or Makoto,
because they would make the plot more even twisted.

I know many fans, including me, would be unhappy if Makoto comes back to life, but I just want to know how Atlus would handle the plot if he ever comes back to life.

They can just fart out a BS reason like
eh it's the TV world so here's like a mirror image of Makoto because he had unfinished business like Casper the ghost or something idk.
:p

No.

It's not like I'm part of the dev. team, but no... At least in spirit, I could envision Rise fighting even though her Persona was traditionally not geared towards that. But suggesting Fuuka is kinda nuts, don't you think?

She blocked an attack from a boss. That's more than I recall Rise doing.

Swedesu

The can just fart out a BS reason like
eh it's the TV world so here's like a mirror image of Makoto because he had unfinished business like Casper the ghost or something idk.
:p

Or just go the Answer route and have him be a shadow or whatever he was there.

FluxWaveZ

She blocked an attack from a boss. That's more than I recall Rise doing.

Again, I'm not talking about their precedent as actual fighters, because then the topic will loop back around to "Rise can't fight." I'm talking about their spirit: Rise has spunk and is a force of nature when she wants to be. Fuuka is almost the complete opposite in demeanor; the opposite of a "fighter." Not to mention the fact that she was all "I'm too old for this shit" in P4A and that she's been kidnapped in P4U2. And that she didn't have an in-game model-sprite of any kind, unlike Rise.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Again, I'm not talking about their precedent as actual fighters, because then the topic will loop back around to "Rise can't fight." I'm talking about their spirit: Rise has spunk and is a force of nature when she wants to be. Fuuka is almost the complete opposite in demeanor; the opposite of a "fighter." Not to mention the fact that she was all "I'm too old for this shit" in P4A and that she's been kidnapped in P4U2. And that she didn't have an in-game model-sprite of any kind, unlike Rise.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Top Bottom