• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Awwww kwap!

ivffqvT.jpg

tUoQEou.jpg

PK Gaming

Aright, say you get the last word on who the final playable characters in Ultimax would be, who would you choose and why?
Makoto and Adachi. There are countless ways of bringing back Makoto without undercutting P3s ending (ie Nyarlathotep, making him a bonus character, etc) and Adachi's a fucking given. P4U is in dire need of playable antagonists.
She blocked an attack from a boss. That's more than I recall Rise doing.
She blocks attacks that would kill the party in P4G.

"Wow... Then that settles it."
LOL

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
No I'm thinking Makoto should be playable if he's in it. He could be a shadow only character if they don't want to go all the way with resurrecting him. Or they could just say fuck it and throw Jesus McBlue in there alive and kicking.

Oh okay then. I guess anyone can be in the game at this point.

CorvoSol

Aright, say you get the last word on who the final playable characters in Ultimax would be, who would you choose and why?

Keep everyone who is already announced.

Add Koro, FeMC,
Adachi-Baby
, Rise and Mark.

Make certain that one Mark alt is Revelations Mark.

FluxWaveZ

I guess the Persona on the left kinda looks like Himiko. That rainbow laser beam going from bottom to top is kind of a "satellite looking" attack, with the rainbow motif being reminiscent of a stage? Stuff looked like it was spinning near the Persona, which made me think of Kanzeon.

...I don't know, man. All I know is that the one on the right always had Ken's height and the one on the left is also close to Rise's height.

Still works for me. Odd. Maybe that's because the listing I got is from the mobile site.

Yeah, that's probably the difference. Still, it means they took measures to remove it from the main website, which is interesting.

Kala-Nemi's supposed to be huge, right? It'd be amusing watching him and Take-Mikazuchi wrestle.

FluxWaveZ

Taller or shorter? Rise's probably wearing pumps in P4A2.

You don't think she'd be based on her already pre-existing 3D model?
Either way, height I had deduced for sprite 00 was 291px, or around 150cm while Rise's height is supposed to be 155cm. Her P4A 00 sprite is of height 312px, which is about 161cm. At about frame 3 of the teaser, though, it seems that the character on the left stands upright and their height then becomes 331px, or about 171cm.

The dimensions are particularly off for this one based on her actual height (even compared to the actual P4A sprite she has in-game and not just the blurry images). It's worth noting that I've noticed that the blur makes characters look smaller than they actually are based on how I've been looking at their height, so I think the sprite 00 height would fit right in with what her actual height is. But then there's the frame where the character seems to be standing upright which I'm now thinking about; maybe it's not that they're standing upright, but doing something else that makes them look taller.

Edit: Oh wait, her hair. Looking at her height properly, her P4A sprite has a height of 157cm, which makes much more sense.

Yeah, I definitely think Rise will be playable. In the arcade. 'Theatre' is not a selectable music track (and the only P4 dungeon track missing), although it would make sense for Shadow Teddie to have it. If there's a Shadow Rise, then she'd obviously have that track.

EDIT: Not to mention her current artwork is missing from Atlus's P4U page.

FluxWaveZ

although it would make sense for Shadow Teddie to have it.

That wouldn't make sense at all. Despite their weird ass music decisions, there is still a slight bit of meaning to ensure a theme fits a particular character.

But I will agree that, seeing every song they've added, I suppose a lack of Theater could be a bit weird. But, then again, it's not like Corridor is a selectable theme.

Not to mention her current artwork is missing from Atlus's P4U page.

What do you mean?

That wouldn't make sense at all. Despite their weird ass music decisions, there is still a slight bit of meaning to ensure a theme fits a particular character.

But I will agree that, seeing every song they've added, I suppose a lack of Theater could be a bit weird. But, then again, it's not like Corridor is a selectable theme.

You think so? Every other P4 Shadow's theme corresponds to the dungeon they obtained their Persona

What do you mean?

Everyone has their artwork on the official P4U page, except Rise. But I guess it's plausible for her not to be there since if she's just an NPC
P4A_Rise_Render.png

FluxWaveZ

You think so? Every other P4 Shadow's theme corresponds to the dungeon they obtained their Persona

Everyone has their artwork on the official P4U page, except Rise. But I guess it's plausible for her not to be there since if she's just an NPC
P4A_Rise_Render.png

Yes, I DEFINITELY think so. Do you really think it would make sense for striptease to start playing once Shadow Teddie, of ALL Shadows, appears? That might have been the dungeon he appeared in, but it wasn't "his" dungeon.

And that's not an indication of anything, like you mentioned. Rise wasn't featured in any playable character compilation art for P4A either because she wasn't playable. Same goes for P4U2. The lack of a featured character doesn't show anything.

Squire

Banned
I would assume she'll just be dressed in the Yasogami uniform?

She doesn't look very threatening in that sprite. I kinda assume her being playable means we're looking at a new sprite.

Trigger finger getting ancy regarding this Spring of Birth import. :x

If it had a dub, I wouldn't hesitate.

For a dub, I probably would've bit the bullet on the standard edition, myself.

CorvoSol

Needs color.

Worse than not Canon, SMT4.

Anyway!

P4A

So I reached Yukiko and Yosuke's cliffhangers in Story Mode now. I assume that Yu's story mode is canon and elements of the others are canon? Not sure yet. For all I know, everybody's story mode is canon and the parts that don't match up are in their heads or something.

WMG TIME! Labrys IS P3P's FeMC. She can apparently changer her appearance to look like a perfectly normal human girl, so she did during the events of P3, and the stuff about killing her friends is a reference to how Nyx ate those memories away or something. It's a terrible WMG but it made a sick kind of sense. Either way I still want/need that Labrys FeMC alt figure.

PK Gaming

Either way, height I had deduced for sprite 00 was 291px, or around 150cm while Rise's height is supposed to be 155cm. Her P4A 00 sprite is of height 312px, which is about 161cm. At about frame 3 of the teaser, though, it seems that the character on the left stands upright and their height then becomes 331px, or about 171cm.

The dimensions are particularly off for this one based on her actual height (even compared to the actual P4A sprite she has in-game and not just the blurry images). It's worth noting that I've noticed that the blur makes characters look smaller than they actually are based on how I've been looking at their height, so I think the sprite 00 height would fit right in with what her actual height is. But then there's the frame where the character seems to be standing upright which I'm now thinking about; maybe it's not that they're standing upright, but doing something else that makes them look taller.

Edit: Oh wait, her hair. Looking at her height properly, her P4A sprite has a height of 157cm, which makes much more sense.

I hope they improve her sprite

Her current one just screams "Jinkies"

FluxWaveZ

I hope they improve her sprite

Her current one just screams "Jinkies"

It's not like her stance would be the same, surely. They could still use the same 3D model that was used to create that sprite, though.

Edit: People are mentioning the possibility of Rise wielding chains like she was planned to when she was supposed to be a combatant and a delinquent in P4. Interesting thought.

Top Bottom