• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

...I think that it's the best Final Fantasy game.

The junction system is broken, and it definitely has its flaws, but I just think that it's fun - Triple Triad!

Don't forget, one of the best Boss Battle themes.

In a Persona mood....think I'm gonna go BEARZERK waiting for P5 news...didn't Atlus say we'd hear more early 2014?

Not gonna lie, I smiled when I read that. Oh Teddie...

Squire

Banned
The Distant Worlds version of this is amazing.

That's what I posted! :D

Heh, indeed. I'm with you in your original statement now. Maybe we'll get an obscure email in February like we did two years ago:

Heh, that'd be fun. I was really hoping they'd start 2014 strong and announce it this month, but oh well. (Of course the month has yet to end.)

Same logo that appears at the end of this video.

Wait, so this clip is official? I remember when it was posted we all suspected it was fan-made. No? I suppose it still could be, they just put the logo in, huh?

ws0gl3L.jpg

Niiiiiice.

I see that. :3

One of these days I wouldn't mind a Persona Orchestral album.

That would be amazing. Though not all of the music would be perfect for an Orchestral Album. I wonder what an Orchestrated Deep Breath would sound like.

Wasn't there some kind of Persona concert? I remember seeing clips of people singing Persona music on YouTube.

Caladrius

That's what I posted! :D

Heh, that'd be fun. I was really hoping they'd start 2014 strong and announce it this month, but oh well. (Of course the month has yet to end.)

Wait, so this clip is official? I remember when it was posted we all suspected it was fan-made. No? I suppose it still could be, they just put the logo in, huh?

ws0gl3L.jpg

Niiiiiice.

It's a fan blog made with official assets, I think. None of the Persona channel sites link to it.

FluxWaveZ

ws0gl3L.jpg

Niiiiiice.

Nah, there's no way that the video's official. But it is the logo that appeared in the magazine so, yeah, they probably just inserted the logo in themselves.

Sophia

That would be amazing. Though not all of the music would be perfect for an Orchestral Album. I wonder what an Orchestrated Deep Breath would sound like.

Wasn't there some kind of Persona concert? I remember seeing clips of people singing Persona music on YouTube.

There were several Persona concerts. They've done one almost every year since 2008. The 2013 one was hosted at one of the biggest concert stadiums in Japan too, with over 10,000 people.

And yeah, not everything would work well as an orchestration. But you have six soundtracks to work from, so you could pick like Distant Worlds did.

^They really should have over 9 soundtracks to work from but out of "respect" they never will touch those

Mass Effect is the greatest Persona game on the Xbox 360.

Caladrius

Holy fuck my name is fixed.

On topic: I think we'll more than likely hear something in February. I hope the first art assets (that aren't the logo) come soon though.

Dantis

I don't like the Distant Worlds version of Man With The Machine Gun at all. Completely ruined it, in my opinion.

As far as Persona goes, I really expected to have heard more than we have this month. We've seen essentially nothing.

There were several Persona concerts. They've done one almost every year since 2008. The 2013 one was hosted at one of the biggest concert stadiums in Japan too, with over 10,000 people.

And yeah, not everything would work well as an orchestration. But you have six soundtracks to work from, so you could pick like Distant Worlds did.

Interesting, never watched a complete Japanese concerts outside of X Japan and Malice Mizer. I'll go look into these Persona concerts on YouTube or something, they sound fun.

Oh definitely, a good portion already lends itself to an Orchestra pretty well also. A Distant Worlds style CD from the complete Persona music catalog sounds incredible.

Squire

Banned
Nah, there's no way that the video's official. But it is the logo that appeared in the magazine so, yeah, they probably just inserted the logo in themselves.

Ah, I see. It does look quite nice. I'd be fine to see them roll with that for the final release.

^They really should have over 9 soundtracks to work from but out of "respect" they never will touch those

Mass Effect is the greatest Persona game on the Xbox 360.

dem ME2 S. Links tho

^ME2 is P3, the one that out more emphasis on the social/romance part and has a locus on great character moments, but the people who say it the better game are wrong :p

ME3 can be SMT Imagine Online

Squire

Banned
I don't like the Distant Worlds version of Man With The Machine Gun at all. Completely ruined it, in my opinion.

As far as Persona goes, I really expected to have heard more than we have this month. We've seen essentially nothing.

Fuckin' disgraceful post.

But yeah, so was I. Ah well. I take solace in the fact that everything is coming.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Man one thing about Persona 4 I just realised is that when it was originally released I was the age of the characters. So if I had played it back then it would've added a little significance for myself lol. No biggy I guess, late teens/early 20s overlap anyway.

When I first played P3P I was 19, close enough lol.

How old were you guys when you first played 3 or 4?

Gazoinks

Man one thing about Persona 4 I just realised is that when it was originally released I was the age of the characters. So if I had played it back then it would've added a little significance for myself lol. No biggy I guess, late teens/early 20s overlap anyway.

I started the series last September, so 18. Which is close enough. I'd have been 13 back when it was originally released. :p

FluxWaveZ

15 for both; part of the reason they stuck with me. Persona 4 released a day after my 15th birthday, but I wasn't aware of the series until early 2009 after I learned about it through the Endurance Run.

Haha I played it when I was in my Junior year of High School.

Dantis

2009 or 2010, I guess? Soooo, 20 or 21 I suppose.

Caladrius

I first played P3P when I was 18.

Sophia

Why must your opinion be so awful, Dantis? :<

I played them both when they came out.... so I would have been 18 when playing Persona 3 for the first time. Mind you I started with the original Persona back when it first came out.

Dantis

I actually agree with him. That song is not meant to be orchestrated. Their version kind of ruins the original spirit of the song, which is really almost pop-ish, like a dance track.

This is exactly how I feel. The original is like this trancey electronica thing, and Distant Worlds turns it into a really straight forward orchestral piece.

Sophia

I actually agree with him. That song is not meant to be orchestrated. Their version kind of ruins the original spirit of the song, which is really almost pop-ish, like a dance track.

"Their version"? It's Nobuo Uematsu who did Distant Worlds, so it's hard to say he ruined the spirit of his own song. :p

The notes don't give specifics as to who arranged what tho. It just credits everyone generally.

17 for OG P3 and 18 for OG P4.

I had forgotten how quickly they released after each other.

We must be the same age, since that's about the ages I first played them.

I was like 10 when my cousin introduced me to Revelations: Persona, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PS1. I remember telling him, "These games look boring, and creepy, lets play Diddy Kong Racing" :D

Acid08

Banned
We must be the same age, since that's about the ages I first played them.

I was like 10 when my cousin introduced me to Revelations: Persona, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PS1. I remember telling him, "These games look boring, and creepy, lets play Diddy Kong Racing" :D
I'm 23. P3 came out less than a week after I turned 17 :p

RaikuHebi

Banned
Mind you I started with the original Persona back when it first came out.

Respect to you!

I haven't tried those yet and tbh I didn't like what I saw from GiantBomb's Quicklooks, but you can say you knew about it before it went mainstream! lol. As for me I literally I had never heard of SMT until P3P.

17 for OG P3 and 18 for OG P4.

I had forgotten how quickly they released after each other.

Wow that's crazy. I thought Persona 3 came out in 2006 (Ahh I mixed up the Japan release). That means I was the age of the characters when both games originally came out lol. In terms of literal school year though it would have been Persona 3.

I wonder if they'll do final year of high school with 5?

Swedesu

I'm actually born in 94 so I share my year of birth with most of the P4 cast,
which probably made the game resonate even more with me.

Finished both 3 and 4 about a year ago now so I was 18.

Sophia

Have you heard of a fellow named Yoshio Sakamoto?

I hardly think comparing Yoshio Sakamoto to Uematsu is an apt comparison. One of them is mocked, the other is at the top of their game as the FFXIV soundtrack shows. =P

Respect to you!

I haven't tried those yet and tbh I didn't like what I saw from GiantBomb's Quicklooks, but you can say you knew about it before it went mainstream! lol. As for me I literally I had never heard of SMT until P3P.

Can't say I really "knew" about SMT until Nocturne came out. I had played Persona 1 and Persona 2, but never really heard of the mainline games.

I also started with Persona 1 back in PS1, and my ranking of games from Ballertime to Pretty Damn Baller goes: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment > Persona 4 > Persina 3 The Answer > Persona 1 = Persona 2 Innocent Sin > Persona 3 The Journey > Persona 3 Portable
I list the two campaigns of P3FES and P3P because they are different enough to be rated differently

Top Bottom