• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

We already know that Chie's in the game.

We're also discussing semantics at this point. I will continue to look forward to Famitsu. You don't have to. I am okay with that.

Wait, you wouldn't consider Chie's P4D design to be news?

Well, alright.

Are we allowed to show that image though? I thought scans of magazines like Famitsu etc are usually not encouraged in GAF?

Yeah, like Dantis said, that's not a scan.

MSMrRound

It's a preview from Famitsu's site, so it's fine. Scans aren't allowed though.

That clarifies things. Alright, noted. Thanks.

Gotta stay on Famitsu's good graces. GET THOSE 10s!

I dunno man. That exclusive deal with Dengeki's #555 issue might have hurt the relationship between AtlusJP and Famitsu. That Dengeki cover though. I seldom buy gaming magazines but I had to import it.

Wait, you wouldn't consider Chie's P4D design to be news?

More pressing issues: Naoto's not confirmed for P4D yet as well. Wonder how they are going to write over her fear of appearing on stages.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno man. That exclusive deal with Dengeki's #555 issue might have hurt the relationship between AtlusJP and Famitsu. That Dengeki cover though. I seldom buy gaming magazines but I had to import it.

Heck, the Persona magazine is in coordination with Dengeki, and 4gamer have been getting way more Persona news coverage before they were featured in Famitsu. Atlus also obviously covered their reveal event themselves without announcing the games via Famitsu like they did in the past and there's the Dengeki magazine that you mentioned.

More pressing issues: Naoto's not confirmed for P4D yet as well. Wonder how they are going to write over her fear of appearing on stages.

I don't think Chie's appearance is outright confirmed as well, just that Yu sent out an SOS to the Investigation Team for help in P4D. All we know of is Yu, Rise and Kanamin.

Meia

That might be part of it since the characters featured in that Famitsu article aren't on the website, obviously, but it's probably also to leave things on the website, however minor, to update and get people checking. If everything was there all at once, there wouldn't updates to look forward to and many people wouldn't be checking the website out consistently, too.

Kinda like how the Persona 4 Arena website was being updated two years ago.

But aren't the character trailers themselves on the site first anyway? It's already getting updated every week on a specific date, do you think leaving outlines(of characters that people already know who they belong to if they're going to the site in the first place) will keep fans checking it just to see when they get filled in, or are they already just going to check Friday anyway? :p

Dantis

Wut.

Also, if she is in the game, I bet we don't see her for aaaages. It'll be Chie, Kanji and Yosuke next.

I don't think Chie's appearance is outright confirmed as well, just that Yu sent out an SOS to the Investigation Team for help in P4D. All we know of is Yu, Rise and Kanamin.

Chie, Kanji and Yosuke are confirmed playable in the first trailer.

FluxWaveZ

But aren't the character trailers themselves on the site first anyway? It's already getting updated every week on a specific date, do you think leaving outlines(of characters that people already know who they belong to if they're going to the site in the first place) will keep fans checking it just to see when they get filled in, or are they already just going to check Friday anyway? :p

That's true, it's a pretty weird thing to have unnecessary silhouettes since we all know which characters they pertain to, but I guess it leaves more for them to update the site with than just those weekly trailers. Same with those Twitter avatars and everything.

MSMrRound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8

1:30 mark.

Hero Rise Kanami Yosuke Chie Kanji and more!

Beauty pageant, calling it quits before the swimwear segment in both game and anime adaptation. Alright, technically she still got onto the stage but still...in idol wear? Hmm...

FluxWaveZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8

1:30 mark.

Hero Rise Kanami Yosuke Chie Kanji and more!

In the trailer it says "Dancing with Hero, Rise, Kanami, Yosuke, Chie, Kanji and more!" So I would say she's pretty confirmed

Oh wow, I really just found that out!

I'll be honest, while I've been watching a lot of the trailers over and over again since the reveal, the only time I saw the P4D trailer (hands on my face for a lot of it) was during that event and I couldn't bring myself to watch it again since.

I'd still say seeing how Chie looks like in P4D would be news, though. Especially Kanji; to see if his P4G epilogue design would transfer over.

Dantis

Beauty pageant, calling it quits before the swimwear segment in both game and anime adaptation. Alright, technically she still got onto the stage but still...in idol wear? Hmm...

I don't think signifies a fear of being on-stage, haha.

As far as idol clothes go, I have a feeling it might do the P4A thing, and have them dance unknowingly in silly popstar outfits, before Rise breaks them out of the trance.

That, or Rise tells them they all have to popstar up to be a proper troupe or something silly.

MSMrRound

I'll be honest, while I've been watching a lot of the trailers over and over again since the reveal, the only time I saw the P4D trailer (hands on my face for a lot of it) was during that event and I couldn't bring myself to watch it again since.

I missed out on the actual announcement because I had work (darn it!) Loved catching up on the main thread over in gaming and on PersonaGAF at the same time when I got home though (was still a lurker at that time). Heard Sophia's Twitch chat was pretty epic.

I like this dude's reaction to the P4Dancing trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Oa38VzQKR-c#t=83

Levito

Banned
Mornin' PersonaGAF, how are all of you fine folk today?

I finished Madoka last night, good fucking god what a show that was. Trueself bestowed upon me the greatest of avatars to honor completion of aforementioned animu.

Meia

We know what the SEES and IT is going to look like in PQ, roughly. Same outfits, just chibi art style. P4D though, we have no earthly idea what any of them are going to look like, and that makes it news worthy once we finally find out. :)

Well, that plus we know this takes place after 4G's epilogue, so we'll also most likely get an update to what the gang itself is up to with their lives, which is also great. One of the main things I'm looking forward to in 4D, aside from hearing how they remix the songs and what songs they'll have to begin with.

Dantis

We know what the SEES and IT is going to look like in PQ, roughly. Same outfits, just chibi art style. P4D though, we have no earthly idea what any of them are going to look like, and that makes it news worthy once we finally find out. :)

Well, that plus we know this takes place after 4G's epilogue, so we'll also most likely get an update to what the gang itself is up to with their lives, which is also great. One of the main things I'm looking forward to in 4D, aside from hearing how they remix the songs and what songs they'll have to begin with.

I'm really interested to see what everyone looks like too. Really hoping there are some casual clothes as alternate costumes, but keeping their P4D hairstyles and whatnot.

Gazoinks

Jules Verne and H. G. Wells are my two favourite authors (War of the Worlds being my favourite book of all time).

Not sure what my favourite Jules Verne novel is, Journey to the center of the Earth is the one I've read the most, though that is due to reading it as a child several times..

--------------------------

Not quite what Gazoinks was after but..

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=25127

This one's pretty awesome too! :D

Also, I love H. G. Wells.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. :)

cjkeats

I finished Madoka last night, good fucking god what a show that was. Trueself bestowed upon me the greatest of avatars to honor completion of aforementioned animu.

No idea who the dude is, but Kyoko hair makes his uguu as fuck. Also, Kyoko is my favourite.

Episode 10 is my favourite episode. That
scream when she has to fire that one shot
. Goddamn. I can't wait for you to see movie 3. So good.

pan-hime

tumblr_mzk7i4CoyE1sbaxsyo1_500.png

Levito

Banned
No idea who the dude is, but Kyoko hair makes his uguu as fuck. Also, Kyoko is my favourite.

Episode 10 is my favourite episode. That scream when she has to fire that one shot. Goddamn. I can't wait for you to see movie 3. So good.

Shogun Rua, MMA fighter of course. Now he's Kawaii as fuck.

Kyoko is pretty flippin' awesome indeed. I think Sayaka might be my favorite character in the show, but they're all really well developed characters.

Honestly, I thought this show was just going to be some dumb shoujo anime with grimdark elements and lots of fan service. Kind of blew me away when it turned out to be none of those things. Sure it's 'dark', but the story wasn't compromised just for the sake of being grimdark. Really, really well written, the plot was always entirely in service of the story, not really any hanging plot threads or dumb filler. Also, having little to no fan service was nice. Generally all it ever does it take away from a story.

So yeah, Madoka was refreshing, the past few anime I've watched(High School Of the Dead, Rosario Vampire, Persona 4) were all pretty mediocre. So this was an excellent change of things. Think it even surpasses Fate/Zero for me.

Wish the movies were on Crunchyroll too.

Marche90

Oh, before I forget, Happy birthday, Gazoinks!

And I think it's time I finally bring Madoka out of the backburner, seeing all the talk about it.

FireSol

Finally got Atelier Totori for Vita. And after first hour I have a bad feelings about it. To kawaii(awesome art style tbh), but I`m already afraid that this picture come true really fast

908ce5eda279.jpg

kewlmyc

Glad you liked it. Surprising great series when you give it a chance. Not sure how I feel about the 3rd movie though.

Also any new Persona news. Someone mentioned something about an interview a while back.

Moonlight

Banned
Third movie was pretty... not good, IMO. I didn't really know what I was expecting, but whatever it was, I didn't like it.

Anyways, happy birthday Gazoinks!

Logash

Glad you liked it. Surprising great series when you give it a chance. Not sure how I feel about the 3rd movie though.

Also any new Persona news. Someone mentioned something about an interview a while back.

Not sure if this is new. Not really a regular on these forums. There is a link to the full translation in there too.

Dantis

Finally got Atelier Totori for Vita. And after first hour I have a bad feelings about it. To kawaii(awesome art style tbh), but I`m already afraid that this picture come true really fast

908ce5eda279.jpg

I still haven't played either of the games I got from Tecmo's Twitter page. I'll probably try them at some point, but I dunno when.

High-cut armor incoming.

More likely to be maid outfits or swimsuits or whatever, tbh. I won't be using that kind of thing though, so I hope there's some non fan service outfits.

EDIT: Forgot to say, happy birthday, Gazoinks!

PK Gaming

It's insanely good. I feel bad for almost passing up Madoka based on its appearance alone.

And yeah episode 10 was the best episode.

Related:

tumblr_lxq3kfyib51r307gjo2_500.jpg

Squire

Banned
I assume you guys saw Pepsiman's finished translation? Red is P5's theme color confirmed. There's more in there, too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm now moving on to Persona 3 after playing P4G and I'm wondering what exactly the function of Tartarus is -- do you actually need to reach the top by the Full Moon? Because I did the first Full Moon boss and it seemed unrelated to whatever I was doing in there (which was basically just level grinding).

Levito

Banned
Finally go around to reading that whole fan translation. Maaaaaaaan, real shame Persona 5 isn't about College, high school can't be dark(red) like this at all.

It's insanely good. I feel bad for almost passing up Madoka based on its appearance alone.

I think that's part of the fun of Madoka. Everyone expects something other that what it actually is.

I'm now moving on to Persona 3 after playing P4G and I'm wondering what exactly the function of Tartarus is -- do you actually need to reach the top by the Full Moon? Because I did the first Full Moon boss and it seemed unrelated to whatever I was doing in there (which was basically just level grinding).

You will have to complete Tartarus before you can complete the game. Otherwise you're pretty much just using it to grind so you're prepared to take on the Full Moon bosses.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Shogun Rua, MMA fighter of course. Now he's Kawaii as fuck.

Kyoko is pretty flippin' awesome indeed. I think Sayaka might be my favorite character in the show, but they're all really well developed characters.

Honestly, I thought this show was just going to be some dumb shoujo anime with grimdark elements and lots of fan service. Kind of blew me away when it turned out to be none of those things. Sure it's 'dark', but the story wasn't compromised just for the sake of being grimdark. Really, really well written, the plot was always entirely in service of the story, not really any hanging plot threads or dumb filler. Also, having little to no fan service was nice. Generally all it ever does it take away from a story.

So yeah, Madoka was refreshing, the past few anime I've watched(High School Of the Dead, Rosario Vampire, Persona 4) were all pretty mediocre. So this was an excellent change of things. Think it even surpasses Fate/Zero for me.

Wish the movies were on Crunchyroll too.

Kyoko is a shit

Sayaka is best.

Levito

Banned
Yellow isn't too bad, all things considered. Red is a much harder color to use in a UI design. >.<;

Yeah it doesn't contrast nearly as well as say yellow does, but similarly what they did in P3, I'm sure they can use shades of red.

Man, how often does news about UI colour get you excited to learn more about a game? lol

Squire

Banned
Yellow works so well because of the shade they used and the other colors balancing it out, I think. Contrasting it with black is perfect.

Happy birthday Gazoinks!

I guess I should watch Madoka.

Man, how often does news about UI colour get you excited to learn more about a game? lol

Haha, right? One of the first things that really impressed me in P4 was just how slick the UI is.

Top Bottom