• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Lol, I'm not familiar with the lamp.

Yeah, me neither. Not quite sure where the lamp is from.

Lamps are probably preferable to toasters.

tumblr_n0h316rmPc1tpg2u1o1_500.gif

Off Topic: I loved Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea.

Jules Verne and H. G. Wells are my two favourite authors (War of the Worlds being my favourite book of all time).

Not sure what my favourite Jules Verne novel is, Journey to the center of the Earth is the one I've read the most, though that is due to reading it as a child several times..

--------------------------

Not quite what Gazoinks was after but..

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=25127

Jules Verne and H. G. Wells are my two favourite authors (War of the Worlds being my favourite book of all time).

Not sure what my favourite Jules Verne novel is, Journey to the center of the Earth is the one I've read the most, though that is due to reading it as a child several times..

--------------------------

Not quite what Gazoinks was after but..

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=25127

Journey to the Center of the Earth was also fantastic, you have great taste in books. I've always had a soft spot for science fiction. I think 2001: A Space Odyssey might be my favorite book ever since one of my closest friends recommended it to me. Can't say for sure though.

All the Persona protagonists look like they are cosplaying for an anime convention.

All the Persona protagonists look like they are cosplaying for an anime convention.

The Persona series is actually just 4 kids (no one cares about Maya) and their imagination.

Journey to the Center of the Earth was also fantastic, you have great taste in books. I've always had a soft spot for science fiction. I think 2001: A Space Odyssey might be my favorite book ever since one of my closest friends recommended it to me. Can't say for sure though.

2001: A space odyssey is a great film, I've never read the novelisation.

My taste in books is generally bad, The majority are music biography's. I'm currently reading the Horus Heresy series, going to take a while till I finish it..

Dantis

The irony in that Hashino interview is that while he says Arena is a game based on Soejima's art, P4D is way closer to actually matching it.

This was my thought too, haha. It's really cool that he's putting forward ideas that focus on the specific team members though.

Because I'm all for equality:

These are great.

Mahou shoujo Kanji is either the greatest or worst thing I've seen today, I've yet to decide.

tumblr_n0eiz08RjQ1skd9ryo1_500.png

It's going to be devastating when this turns out to be his Dancing All Night outfit.

Kazzy

Were any of the first year main characters in the same class or were they all in different ones?

Rise and Kanji are in the same class, and there's even NPC dialogue that mentions that that most of the student body assume that they're an item, on account of them spending so much time together.

Dantis

The pictures on this page are definitely... something.

Rise and Kanji are in the same class, and there's even NPC dialogue that mentions that that most of the student body assume that they're an item, on account of them spending so much time together.

Didn't know this. Pretty interesting! Surprising that the fanbase hasn't latched onto that more tbh.

Dantis

When's the last time there's been something Persona related through Famitsu?

Seriously?

Last week. ;)

This is why you exhaust all dialogue options. All the locations. Every day.

I've seen pretty much none of the optional conversations. I just never bothered with them. I'm slowly going through P4G again at the moment, and once I've gotten all my S Links done, I'm going to start talking to people in the evenings when I can. Apparently there's a lot of good dialogue there.

FluxWaveZ

Last week. ;)

Heh, maybe I should have said "When's the last time there's been something of interest and Persona related through Famitsu?"

Can't say I care much about learning about characters I already know about that are going to be in PQ, but that's just me.

MSMrRound

This is why you exhaust all dialogue options. All the locations. Every day.

Maybe if Hashino turn the Persona series into something like the Legend of Heroes (Kiseki) series where most of the NPCs are very worthwhile to talk to...the downside is that we will probably have to wait for a longer time for the localization=/

Dantis

This is not how you play Persona :/

It's how I play every game, haha. I don't really do side content very much.

Maybe if Hashino turn the Persona series into something like the Legend of Heroes (Kiseki) series where most of the NPCs are very worthwhile to talk to...the downside is that we will probably have to wait for a longer time for the localization=/

Persona 2 actually did this really well. Just overflowing with little conversations everywhere. Really, really cool.

Heh, maybe I should have said "When's the last time there's been something of interest and Persona related through Famitsu?"

Can't say I care much about learning about characters I already know about that are going to be in PQ, but that's just me.

Wasn't it the first time we got a proper look at the Soejima art for some characters? That's enough for me, tbh.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 2 actually did this really well. Just overflowing with little conversations everywhere. Really, really cool.

That's true. Even felt overwhelming sometimes.

Wasn't it the first time we got a proper look at the Soejima art for some characters? That's enough for me, tbh.

X8qc2ay.jpg

Eh, I guess? But that's not news. I'm obsessed with news, not just stuff like that.

There was at least the developer interview about Persona Q's music on December 30th via Famitsu and they posted those two sample clips for PQ music on their website, but they're not a source I look to for actual, good Persona news.

Meia

I had flat out wondered why some of the characters weren't on the site to begin with, as there was literally no reason for them not to be. Worse is some of them being in other character trailers to begin with!

So I guess ultimately it was just so famitsu could have an "exclusive" I guess. I'm really having a hard time to consider holding back info just for the sake of giving famitsu an exclusive "news". :p

Tamanon

Banned
I had flat out wondered why some of the characters weren't on the site to begin with, as there was literally no reason for them not to be. Worse is some of them being in other character trailers to begin with!

So I guess ultimately it was just so famitsu could have an "exclusive" I guess. I'm really having a hard time to consider holding back info just for the sake of giving famitsu an exclusive "news". :p

Gotta stay on Famitsu's good graces. GET THOSE 10s!

Dantis

X8qc2ay.jpg

Eh, I guess? But that's not news. I'm obsessed with news, not just stuff like that.

There was at least the developer interview about Persona Q's music on December 30th via Famitsu and they posted those two sample clips for PQ music on their website, but they're not a source I look to for actual, good Persona news.

Which is fine! But obviously, when I say "Darn, nothing in Famitsu", it's not a roundabout way of saying "Darn, nothing in Famitsu that Flux would be interested in". ;)

If next week's Famitsu came out, and had an article on P4D with nothing new except for Soejima's P4D art for, say, Chie, that would be absolutely worthwhile to me.

I think it's just an easy way to get some slightly increased attention, is all.

FluxWaveZ

That might be part of it since the characters featured in that Famitsu article aren't on the website, obviously, but it's probably also to leave things on the website, however minor, to update and get people checking. If everything was there all at once, there wouldn't updates to look forward to and many people wouldn't be checking the website out consistently, too.

Kinda like how the Persona 4 Arena website was being updated two years ago.

Which is fine! But obviously, when I say "Darn, nothing in Famitsu", it's not a roundabout way of saying "Darn, nothing in Famitsu that Flux would be interested in". ;)

If next week's Famitsu came out, and had an article on P4D with nothing new except for Soejima's P4D art for, say, Chie, that would be absolutely worthwhile to me.

Well yeah, that's why I said "but that's just me." Didn't take into account one's desire to see the art, though. I falsely assumed that "nothing in Famitsu" meant "no new news."

But that example would be news, not just art. A better analogy would be if next week, a Famitsu article came out about P4D and featured Soejima art of Yu, Rise or Kanamin posing.

Dantis

That might be part of it since the characters featured in that Famitsu article aren't on the website, obviously, but it's probably also to leave things on the website, however minor, to update and get people checking. If everything was there all at once, there wouldn't updates to look forward to and many people wouldn't be checking the website out consistently, too.

Kinda like how the Persona 4 Arena website was being updated two years ago.

But that example would be news, not just art. A better analogy would be if next week, a Famitsu article came out about P4D and featured Soejima art of Yu, Rise or Kanamin posing.

We already know that Chie's in the game.

We're also discussing semantics at this point. I will continue to look forward to Famitsu. You don't have to. I am okay with that.

Are we allowed to show that image though? I thought scans of magazines like Famitsu etc are usually not encouraged in GAF?

It's a preview from Famitsu's site, so it's fine. Scans aren't allowed though.

Top Bottom