• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Meia

You will have to complete Tartarus before you can complete the game. Otherwise you're pretty much just using it to grind so you're prepared to take on the Full Moon bosses.

To piggyback this, in original Persona 3 FES with the tired mechanic, the idea of the barriers was a nice of way letting the player know that they were probably high enough in level to not have too much to worry about the upcoming Full Moon boss. Even if you skip shadows, if you're strong enough to take out the guardians of the floors and reach the barricade, you're strong enough for the boss.

With P3P taking it away, you usually wind up overleveled for the full moon bosses now. I mean, you could use "shadows are running away from me" as the same thing, but meh.

Mornin PGAF, how is everyone doi-
tumblr_n0j29wMuq41t46pjso1_500.jpg
O_O
d2182461047e7662f49b3a55f3d40bc5.jpg

kewlmyc

Happy Birthday Gazoinks! To celebrate, let's form a magical girl group together.

Yes, you should get on that, and Fate/Zero. I can give you a Crunchyroll trial if you want.

They're both on Hulu Plus as well. Or you can buy the disc releases if you have disposable income you want to burn away.

Happy birthday Gazoinks.

MattVT

PSN has Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Persona 2: Innocent Sin on sale this week. As someone who loved P3 and P4, will I enjoy either of those?

If so, which do you recommend and why?

FluxWaveZ

PSN has Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Persona 2: Innocent Sin on sale this week. As someone who loved P3 and P4, will I enjoy either of those?

If so, which do you recommend and why?

If you are tolerant of oldschool JRPG dungeon crawling. There are no S. Links or much "downtime" in the story like with P3 and P4, so you'll have to be able to accept that and plenty of random battles.

If you play one, you should probably play the other since it's a duology that is directly linked narratively. Innocent Sin is first, Eternal Punishment is second.

The games have great characters and a great story, so I'd say they're worth checking out.

MattVT

If you are tolerant of oldschool JRPG dungeon crawling. There are no S. Links or much "downtime" in the story like with P3 and P4, so you'll have to be able to accept that and plenty of random battles.

If you play one, you should probably play the other since it's a duology that is directly linked narratively. Innocent Sin is first, Eternal Punishment is second.

The games have great characters and a great story, so I'd say they're worth checking out.

Thanks, I will give them a shot. I get annoyed with random battles, but if the story is good, I am willing to slog through them.

2001: A space odyssey is a great film, I've never read the novelisation.

My taste in books is generally bad, The majority are music biography's. I'm currently reading the Horus Heresy series, going to take a while till I finish it..

I've seen some of that film. It's interesting, that opening scene with all those monkeys was hilarious to me for some reason. Also the end sequence was all kinds of trippy. I should just sit down and watch the whole thing start to finish. Really don't know how faithful it is to the book, but the last scene of the movie captures how strange the ending of the book was beautifully.

Thanks! Nothing fancy, really. Chillin', going to dinner with my family. :)

That's how I like to spend my B-days, just being with family and friends.

Gazoinks

I've seen some of that film. It's interesting, that opening scene with all those monkeys was hilarious to me for some reason. Also the end sequence was all kinds of trippy. I should just sit down and watch the whole thing start to finish. Really don't know how faithful it is to the book, but the last scene of the movie captures how strange the ending of the book was beautifully.

That's how I like to spend my B-days, just being with family and friends.

I should actually watch 2001 sometime. I saw it when I had a fever. And I was also like five. So it doesn't really count. :p

Yeah, I'm not much of a partier type.

I should actually watch 2001 sometime. I saw it when I had a fever. And I was also like five. So it doesn't really count. :p

I bet having a fever really made that ending crazier.

Partying is fun here and there. I got tired of it after someone called the cops on my roommates and I because our apartment was too loud. Funny thing is, I wasn't even participating in that party, I was in my room studying for a test the next day. :/ These days I would rather just be with a small group of friends relaxing.

Apparently Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey had references to 2001: A Space Odysseys

Arthur_SJ.png
Arthur, named after the author of 2001.

What time is it? It's time for another hypothetical Shadow of course.

Here's Shadow Ai. I apologize in advance.
OhnavzW.png

Sometimes I like subtlety. This is not one of those times.

For those of you who have missed the earlier ones:
Shadow Saki
Shadow Yamano
Shadow Morooka

This is absolutely wonderful. Who's next on the itinerary?

You most certainly should watch 2001. It's one of my top 10 favourite movies of all time :O

I haven't decided for sure yet. The most vivid ideas I currently have are for Hisano and Kashiwagi. Probably one of them.

It'd be cool to see Hisano next, especially since Kashiwagi's will probably be rather similar in theme to Ai's.

You're still going to do Dojima sometime, right?

It'd be cool to see Hisano next, especially since Kashiwagi's will probably be rather similar in theme to Ai's.

You're still going to do Dojima sometime, right?
At some point I plan on doing all of the characters.

Uh, within reason. Probably won't be doing Master Diadara, for instance.

Soriku

Thanks! Nothing fancy, really. Chillin', going to dinner with my family. :)

Happy birthday mang.

Chillin is nice.

I guess I should watch Madoka.

Haha, right? One of the first things that really impressed me in P4 was just how slick the UI is.

Yes, yes you should.

Also yeah I like how slick everything is in Persona, from the UI to the portraits. Looking forward to how the P5 one looks, all red.

Episode 3 gave me and my army mates nightmares when we watched it in our bunks.
Episode 10 is probably my favourite Madoka episode.

I miss Rock-Chie already.

I think most people will list ep 3 is when shit got real in Madoka but I'd say ep 4 sets the tone for everything and I thought it was the real "this show gonna get depressing" moment.

Also Kyoko was one of my favorites once
she became nicer
. Sayaka I liked from the beginning
but her descent made me like her less :(

Homura and Madoka were also good characters. Madoka's voice actor elevated her character for me...made her seem very sincere.

I didn't really like the blonde girl. Can't even remember her name.

Top Bottom