• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

X looks absolutely ballin'. Showing my little brother the E3 trailer made him run out and buy a Wii U on the prospect of an open world potentially multiplayer mecha game alone. It helps that the trailer's song is awesome and catchy.

THERE'S A VOOOOOICE THAT SAAAAAAYS YOUR HEART OR MY SOUL

PK Gaming

oh hey guys how's i-

tumblr_n0jw50MxIN1qe6ix6o1_500.png

HOLY... YHWH WHAT

Nachos

How did *P2 spoiler question*
Tatsuya's shadow work in P2:IS, since I assume he didn't speak
?

He does.
Click black bar for link:

It was probably the extrapolation that was required for shadow Tatsuya that ultimately discouraged them from doing a shadow Yu, at least in the original version, when he had less of a defined character.

Trigger

How did *P2 spoiler question*
Tatsuya's shadow work in P2:IS, since I assume he didn't speak
?

Shadow Tatsuya does speak. Some of his dialogue reflects the player's input too. I wouldn't have minded something similar in P4. The Megaten wiki has an entry for him.
Maybe Shadow Yu would threaten the characters you had high social links with or reference the social stats.

EDIT- Beaten like a low level shadow. lol

PK Gaming

I wouldn't have minded if his Shadow made an appearance, even if it didn't have a personality. It would have been cool to literally face your Shadow.

As an aside, the anime/P4U2 interpretation of his shadow works for me. (After the fact of course)

Lunar15

If this is not something that will sell you on a system off a bunch of teasers alone, then you need to hand in your RPG and nerd badges right this instant! :|

As an aside, I am suddenly hyped for the potential of Persona 3 FES via remote play now....

Wait wait wait, P3 FES with remote play? Where is this?

Oh wait, is this PS Now?

I'm sure you see the difference between this

and this

Ah, I left out the word *for me*. Although, really, is that lineup a compelling lineup? People shit on the Wii U's lineup all the time, but really, it has a decent lineup of big games coming to it. It's just that the games aren't diverse, so I know the lineup isn't compelling to anyone outside of a small group of people. I don't think the Vita's 2014 library is diverse or compelling either, especially if you get your indie fix on the PC.

Although, truly, my heart goes out to my peeps with PS4's. That shit is barren. Pray for a good E3. I wish P5 and Dark Souls II were going to be cross gen, it'd make me more willing to dive in.

Nachos

I wouldn't have minded if his Shadow made an appearance, even if it didn't have a personality. It would have been cool to literally face your Shadow.

As an aside, the anime/P4U2 interpretation of his shadow works for me. (After the fact of course)

If nothing else, I appreciate the fact that 4 had a clear shift between the shadows and personas, instead of just making one a palette swap of the other.

"OOH, I REPRESENT EVERYYYYYTHING BAD ABOUT YOU, BECAUSE I'M A DIFFERENTLY-COLORED VEEERERSION OF WHAT'S SUPPOSEDLY THE IDEALIZED VERSION OF EVERYTHING YOU STAAAAAND FOR~. I HAAAATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU MAYAAAAAA, BUT YOU HAVE NO TAAAAASTE IN FASHIOOOOOON~."

FluxWaveZ

Although, truly, my heart goes out to my peeps with PS4's. That shit is barren. Pray for a good E3. I wish P5 and Dark Souls II were going to be cross gen, it'd make me more willing to dive in.

Kind of a weird sentiment. It's not as though because one owns a PS4, they are no longer able to play video games on any platform that is not a PS4.

oh hey guys how's i-

tumblr_n0jw50MxIN1qe6ix6o1_500.png

HOLY... YHWH WHAT

I feel like there's a lack of Persona fan art that conveys a somber tone, but that might be because that's my preference. I like the above, but its style lends a more "cutesy" feel to a Shadow Yu than a crazy, grim feel like I'd want to see.

Nachos

Kind of a weird sentiment. It's not as though because one owns a PS4, they are no longer able to play video games on any platform that is not a PS4.

Still, you can't really deny that the limited offerings might be leaving some feeling a bit insecure in their investment, disregarding the quality of the actual titles. Obviously that's kinda the case with all console launches as they get their footing, but I'm sure it'd be a bit more reassuring if Sony want playing with their cards so close to their chest.

The main character in P3 feels like such a jerk. All of the best responses in his S.Links sound like him saying what the other person wants to hear instead of you being a genuinely good person. Like, the guy who hangs out with the head of the Disciplinary Committee feels like a completely different person from the guy who hangs out with that depressing loser Kenji.

"Yes, Chihiro, that was very rude of them to talk about kissing in a public place. Yes, we should definitely bring it up at the next meeting, I fully support your decision."

The responses make you feel really duplicitous instead of good.

Levito

Banned
Wonder if Dance is going to have those awkward waifu poking stages that Project Diva has.

Although, truly, my heart goes out to my peeps with PS4's. That shit is barren. Pray for a good E3.

Well yeah, it came out 2 months ago. Every console, outside of say the Dreamcast, has a pretty slow first few months.(Or year and a half in the Wii U's case :p )

FluxWaveZ

Still, you can't really deny that the limited offerings might be leaving some feeling a bit insecure in their investment, disregarding the quality of the actual titles. Obviously that's kinda the case with all console launches as they get their footing, but I'm sure it'd be a bit more reassuring if Sony want playing with their cards so close to their chest.

At this point, I think anyone who gets a console at launch should know what they're getting into. They're investing in the console's potential as well as the games that have already been announced for it, and precedent based on a company's history, among other things such as the excitement of a console launch.

It's not as if the console's getting a price drop anytime soon, so if someone knows they're going to get a PS4 before it would, which would be in two years minimum, then the initial investment isn't much different than one further down the line.

This year it seems to me like there are not that many coming out in general, not sure why.
A couple years ago for example I remember I was looking forward to a hunch of different games, but I am not waiting anything at all right now.
There are some games I'm interested in but there's so little information about them. Like P5 or Gravity Rush 2.
I think my most anticipated for this year (and it may not come out this year) is Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Nachos

Wonder if Dance is going to have those awkward waifu poking stages that Project Diva has.

Well yeah, it came out 2 months ago. Every console, outside of say the Dreamcast, has a pretty slow first few months.(Or year and a half in the Wii U's case :p )

I can only hope for a Persona version of this image, on top of a Giant Bomb quick look:

And the Dreamcast doesn't really count, considering that Sega delayed the launch for a year outside of Japan.

I can only hope for a Persona version of this image, on top of a Giant Bomb quick look:

And the Dreamcast doesn't really count, considering that Sega delayed the launch for a year outside of Japan.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, other than to point out the above post's number/id.
(number 100.000.000 seems to be an invalid post for some reason, so this is the closest).

fertygo

The main character in P3 feels like such a jerk. All of the best responses in his S.Links sound like him saying what the other person wants to hear instead of you being a genuinely good person. Like, the guy who hangs out with the head of the Disciplinary Committee feels like a completely different person from the guy who hangs out with that depressing loser Kenji.

"Yes, Chihiro, that was very rude of them to talk about kissing in a public place. Yes, we should definitely bring it up at the next meeting, I fully support your decision."

The responses make you feel really duplicitous instead of good.
You need to finish Kaz S.link then.

Caladrius

The diva room is at least completely separate from the main game, so you never actually have to touch it unless you go for a platinum.

Lunar15

No. Not PS Now. PS1 and PS2 local emulation is coming to the PS4 sometime this year. You should be able to remote play these to the Vita, seeing as you could do so with the PSP on PS3.

Basically, the PS1 Classics/PS2 Classics we have right now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps1-ps2-games-heading-to-ps4

Yessssss.

Not disagreeing, just stating facts. At least I waited till a price drop to buy my Vita and Wii U, and I'll likely do the same for PS4.

Quite frankly, this generation is going to be slow on the big games. Too expensive, too risky.

Lunar15

whoops, double.

I'll use this chance to bring it all back around to what matters: Persona Dancing All Night, and the discussion about how #lewd naoto's outfit is probably going to be + how much we're never going to let Dantis live it down once he draws it.

Levito

Banned
>___________>

Also that mode looks dumb, but I don't think it will be in P4D anyway so no problems really.

Think keats told me it's left over from the vita version, forced touch screen features. Dancing All Night probably wont have anything like that.

Not disagreeing, just stating facts. At least I waited till a price drop to buy my Vita and Wii U.

To each their own I suppose, Infamous is out next month. Not to mention The Order, Uncharted, and a number of multiplatform stuff later in the year as well. The system is selling gangbusters, so it's not like it's in any danger of not having any good games, it's just early.

I make fun of the fact that all I do on the system is watch crunchyroll and Netflix, but hey--that comes with the whole buying a console at launch territory.

My vita was the Assassin's Creed bundle they released in 2012. Got it on sale, boy that game was junk--then again I don't like that series in general.

Jintor

I really feel nothing for almost all Sony first-party stuff, nothing off the top of my head jumps out. But the thing sure has a bunch of third party stuff I want to play maybe.

Levito

Banned
Think I dislike the most about this gen transition is the amount of cross generation titles
that aren't Persona 5.

cj_iwakura

Wait wait wait, P3 FES with remote play? Where is this?

Oh wait, is this PS Now?

Ah, I left out the word *for me*. Although, really, is that lineup a compelling lineup? People shit on the Wii U's lineup all the time, but really, it has a decent lineup of big games coming to it. It's just that the games aren't diverse, so I know the lineup isn't compelling to anyone outside of a small group of people. I don't think the Vita's 2014 library is diverse or compelling either, especially if you get your indie fix on the PC.

Vita 2014 will be amazing. Dangan Ronpa and Demon Gaze alone decimate anything the WU has to offer for niche gamers, which is what I care about most anyway. I'm no fan of Nintendo IPs.

Lunar15

Vita 2014 will be amazing. Dangan Ronpa and Demon Gaze alone decimate anything the WU has to offer for niche gamers, which is what I care about most anyway. I'm no fan of Nintendo IPs.

I really really really really for some reason am not interested in all in Dangan Ronpa. No idea why. I liked 999, and I liked Persona, but something about Dangan Ronpa is a complete turnoff for me. That's not to say I won't pick it up somewhere down the line.

What's Demon Gaze?

You'd honestly have to pay me to buy a Wii U and my 3DS is basically an Atlus system, if it wasn't for SMT IV (and probably PQ) I still wouldn't own one.

This is basically what my Vita is!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You'd honestly have to pay me to buy a Wii U and my 3DS is basically an Atlus system, if it wasn't for SMT IV (and probably PQ) I still wouldn't own one.

Jintor

Bayonetta twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

not that i wont' be getting Dangan Ronpa, and looking at Demon Gaze

cj_iwakura

I really really really really for some reason am not interested in all in Dangan Ronpa. No idea why. I liked 999, and I liked Persona, but something about Dangan Ronpa is a complete turnoff for me. That's not to say I won't pick it up somewhere down the line.

What's Demon Gaze?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757013

First person dungeon crawler by the Gen Xth guys. And you'll love DR, I promise.

There's a demo of the fan translation if you're curious.

Top Bottom