• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

We went through a page in about an hour's time. What is wrong with us?

Also I know it's Rise month, but who wants a FeMC image dump?

It'll be hard finding images without a proper name, but i'll think of something.

kewlmyc

At least Alter's Labrys is finally painted.
tumblr_n0pqkoud3e1qzdctco1_500.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Oh cool so you're starting P1 eh? Couple of tips:

• Under normal circumstances, your last party member on the main route is Elly or Brown. If you want to get Reiji, follow this guide. It really comes down to preference, though Elly is one of the best characters in the game, and Reiji adds to the story.
  • The level up system is weird. EXP points are awarded based on how much a character contributed in battle (killing enemies, healing, etc). Healing will "always" net you extra EXP points (even if you have a lot of EXP) so if you're up against an enemy that awards a lot of EXP, set some of your characters to heal.
  • Don't fuss over stats. Prioritize Dex, Agi and Vit and feel free to ignore Luck for the most part.
  • Fuse Gozu Tennoh (Chariot lvl 18) and Phaleg (Judgement lvl 18). These 2 Persona will dominate for the majority of the game. The former gains early access to Megidola and a high magic stat(lol) which basically lets you nuke mobs. The latter isn't thatstrong, but it's immune to all Magic attacks and it gains early access to Mediarama (your ultimate support Persona, basically)
  • Always be fusing isn't "that" necessary in P1 since it's piss easy for the most part. Just try to keep your Personas up to par, and remember skills & magic power >>> pure level.
  • At levels 30 and 47 respectively, you can *fuse* Fool Persona. They're almost impossible to get in regular play(they're fusion accidents that only occur under specific conditions), but there's a trick to getting them to appear. If you're interested, check out this page.
  • Contacts are bullshit. Just grin and bear it :/
Cool, thanks for this! I'm getting through okay so far, at the part where
Maki suddenly appears not remembering being hospitalized

Been doing okay with Contacts so far. Seems like you need to get Eager all the way up and you get the card. Is there any other way? Also, SP refills after each battle?

I like the characters too. Nanjo is kind of like a less shitty Navarre. How many endings are there? Is it easy to fuck up which one you get?

God tier battle theme too.

Been doing okay with Contacts so far. Seems like you need to get Eager all the way up and you get the card. Is there any other way? Also, SP refills after each battle?

I like the characters too. Nanjo is kind of like a less shitty Navarre. How many endings are there? Is it easy to fuck up which one you get?

If you dont know, the entire OST was completely changed, the game's original OST gave it a much more bleak feel, the original battle theme for instance:

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAT

PK Gaming

• Nope, eager is the only way
  • SP actually refills as you walk (be sure to by a bunch of SP restoring items in the midgame. The recovery rate is too slow by then)
  • There are a 2 major endings + 1 bad ending (depending on the path you take at the beginning)
  • It's actually very possible to wind up with a bad ending if you choose the wrong dialogue options. When you get to the lost forest, refer to this guide and scroll to the lost forest section. There are a bunch of dialogue options you need to answer correctly.

You can try searching her jpn fandub name Hamuko in katakana (ハム子). Cant guranteee you wont run into some nsfw stuff though.
Thank you! Don't worry, I can't handle NSFW stuff no problem.

Gazoinks

Now that I'm playing P3P, I can join this fan brigade.

If you dont know, the entire OST was completely changed, the game's original OST gave it a much more bleak feel, the original battle theme for instance:

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAT

I was complaining about this on Twitter earlier. :p Wish they'd given you the option to use either OST like ISP (Persona 2: Internet Service Provider), the older stuff is much more atmospheric from what I've heard.

Acid08

Banned
  • Nope, eager is the only way
  • SP actually refills as you walk (be sure to by a bunch of SP restoring items in the midgame. The recovery rate is too slow by then)
  • There are a 2 major endings + 1 bad ending (depending on the path you take at the beginning)
  • It's actually very possible to wind up with a bad ending if you choose the wrong dialogue options. When you get to the lost forest, refer to this guide and scroll to the lost forest section. There are a bunch of dialogue options you need to answer correctly.

Thank you! Don't worry, I can't handle NSFW stuff no problem.
Thanks for all the info! I haven't even gotten to Fusion yet, excited to see how that works.

Also I raised the Eager all the way a few times and the demon still didn't give me the card when I asked. What gives?

Edit: actually I think I figured it out. You have to be at least the same level as the demon, right?

There is no Persona-related material being advertised on the website for the next week's issue of Famitsu. Please note this does not mean Persona-related material will not be present.

Thanks for all the info! I haven't even gotten to Fusion yet, excited to see how that works.

Also I raised the Eager all the way a few times and the demon still didn't give me the card when I asked. What gives?

Edit: actually I think I figured it out. You have to be at least the same level as the demon, right?

This is correct.

So I fused a couple Personas but they don't show up in my Persona menu. Is there something I'm missing?

You have to actively take on Personas. The Velvet Room has a "Take on Persona" option, which you use to apply Personas to your dudes. Yes, every party member can swap Personas.

Acid08

Banned
You have to actively take on Personas. The Velvet Room has a "Take on Persona" option, which you use to apply Personas to your dudes. Yes, every party member can swap Personas.
Christ haha. Thanks for the info. This sure is an old game.

Still spent almost 4 hours playing it. It's fun!

Christ haha. Thanks for the info. This sure is an old game.

Still spent almost 4 hours playing it. It's fun!

Who are your party members? 4 of your dudes are set, the final party member is your choice.

BTW, the game has two campaigns, the main one, and a secret one called the Snow Queen quest with a completely different story, game structure, and the characters Yukino Mayuzumi and Yuka Ayase are mandatory members, with two slots for you to pick who you want to bring.

Acid08

Banned
Who are your party members? 4 of your dudes are set, the final party member is your choice.

BTW, the game has two campaigns, the main one, and a secret one called the Snow Queen quest with a completely different story, game structure, and the characters Yukino and Ayase are mandatory members, with two slots for you to pick who you want to bring.
I was reading about that Snow Queen story earier, that's a really crazy and awesome thing for them to put in. Sounds tough too.

Rolling with MC, Maki, Nanjo, and Mark right now. Said no to Brown joining, I want Elly.

I was reading about that Snow Queen story early, that's a really crazy and awesome thing for them to put in. Sounds tough too.

Rolling with MC, Maki, Nanjo, and Mark right now. Said no to Brown joining, I want Elly.

Eriko is a solid choice, but I like to use the secret party member, Reiji Kido. He adds a little bit of story to the game, and if you use him, you are able to have used every single party member at least once in just one go of the main story, and one go of the Snow Queen Quest. If you got this far though, you lost your chance to get him, he requires a lot of vague and silly things to do right at the beginning of the game at the school, and you must go to the mall before going to the hospital, and talk to his mom ONCE, if you talk to her twice, it wont work, despite her text still saying that she hopes you will be a good friend to her son.

Gazoinks

I was reading about that Snow Queen story earier, that's a really crazy and awesome thing for them to put in. Sounds tough too.

Huh, I completely missed Brown offering to join, how does that trigger?

Acid08

Banned
Eriko is a solid choice, but I like to use the secret party member, Reiji Kido. He adds a little bit of story to the game, and if you use him, you are able to have used every single party member at least once in just one go of the main story, and one go of the Snow Queen Quest. If you got this far though, you lost your chance to get him, he requires a lot of vague and silly things to do right at the beginning of the game at the school, and you must go to the mall before going to the hospital, and talk to his mom ONCE, if you talk to her twice, it wont work, despite her text still saying that she hopes you will be a good friend to her son.
Yeah I read the guide that PK posted to get Reiji but I'm far enough in that I don't want to restart.

Huh, I completely missed Brown offering to join, how does that trigger?
Happens in the police station

fertygo

SQQ is ultra fun, the dungeons is great.. and remind me a lot to P4 with troubled person as boss for each dungeon. And its make me laughing a lot because your party gonna
bashing/trolling them a lot instead "encouraging" them
.. Brown and Ayase delivering nasty ether here and there lol

The grinding for preparing the quest is painful though..

It has just occurred to me that if Labrys is in P4D she'll be dressed up like an idol.

There are no words.

A long time ago in the irc, or was it the steam chat, I remember I made a joke about Labrys becoming an idol. "Hey thea, hows ya doin? Mah name's Labrys, n I'm gonna becom'a idol!"

Now I can actually see it happening...

...SNRK

Saw The Lego Movie late last night. Anyone with a brain should go see it, because it's the best movie of the year so far and likely will be until The Grand Budapest Hotel releases in a few months.

By the way, all this talk of figures makes me realize how desperately I need a Junpei figure. Why haven't they made one yet? :mad:

PK Gaming

There is no Persona-related material being advertised on the website for the next week's issue of Famitsu. Please note this does not mean Persona-related material will not be present.

This is correct.
Actually your entire team's level average needs to be equal to or higher than a demon in order to get its card.

A wise man once said "be careful of what you wished for"
Today I learned that in the hard way

That one wasn't that bad, especially compared to the FeMC figure.

Pretty spoilerific, too.
Because Japan doesn't like da man.

Well Japan can go bugger off, then. Where are all the Western figure manufacturers at?

I want to go and see it. I hate being in movie theaters though. Waaaay too loud.

Just see it at a late show like I did. There's barely anyone in the theatre, and you can sit at the back away from the speakers if the movie is too loud for you.

Acid08

Banned
What is it that people like so much about Labrys? I don't think she's a bad character or anything but nothing about her really stood out to me while playing P4A. Is it just her design?

EMT0

Banned
What is it that people like so much about Labrys? I don't think she's a bad character or anything but nothing about her really stood out to me while playing P4A. Is it just her design?

Her story mode hit the feels for me by the end of it; at least that's what I like about her.

Top Bottom